Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge VI: Companion Did Nothing Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post

Primeval Fountain - 1G
    The city surrounding this huge fountain is now an overgrown jungle.
    Artifact - R
    At the beginning of each player's upkeep, for each nonbasic land that player controls, that player sacrifices it unless they pay 2 life. If it's sacrificed this way, its controller creates a basic Forest land token.
    Built to erase mankind's mistakes.
    I'm... A little torn on this one, honestly. On the one hand, I haven't seen a lot of nonbasic lands get played lately, but that might just be the environment I'm in; even so, its reliance on nonbasic lands being played makes this card's usefulness entirely in your opponents' control. On the other hand, when it's useful, it's useful; burning away free effects from cards that aren't ordinarily targeted is a pretty good effect. Overall, I'd say it just needs a cycling cost to be decently viable.

Challenge! Make a blue creature that costs 1 mana to cast and that has an activated ability that doesn't cause it to tap.
    Pseudohominid U
    Creature - Human Horror (R)
    >[Pay {3}, Discard a card]: All players draw a card, then exile a card from their hand. For every noncreature exiled this way, exile target creature on the field.
    always Watches
    No eyes

0/2

Challenge! A cryptid of some kind.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Pseudohominid U
    Creature - Human Horror (R)
    >[Pay {3}, Discard a card]: All players draw a card, then exile a card from their hand. For every noncreature exiled this way, exile target creature on the field.
    always Watches
    No eyes

0/2

Challenge! A cryptid of some kind.
    This is way out of color pie, since blue can't destroy creatures, let alone exile them. I'm pretty sure it can't make opponents discard, either, even if it comes with a draw attached. This also seems quite powerful, since getting to exile a creature for only 3 mana is very strong, and potentially getting 2 exiles for the cost is just busted. A card like this should probably be black and cost more along the lines of 5 or 6 mana.

Reclusive Serpent 4UU
    Creature- Serpent (C)
    Reclusive Serpent has hexproof as long as it's untapped.
    4/6

Challenge: A non-blue sea creature!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

It sure is a big dork with hexproof! I'm pretty sure that this is a functional reprint of an existing card. A reasonable common to have around, possibly a bit expensive for what it does but the design itself is good. I like that it will eat basically everything that attacks your turf, but when you're ahead enough to attack and your opponent really needs to get rid of it, they might be able to.

Nickel Nautilus - 3
    Artifact Creature - Nautilus C
    Whenever Nickel Nautilus becomes blocked, draw a card.
    1/4

Challenge! A creature that produces something valuable that you want to harvest.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unfortunately I think this is worse than a 3 mana unblockable 1/4. I suppose its fine for a common but it is definitely on the weaker side.

Timestream Bovine 2UR
    Creature - Cow U
    Suspend 4 UR
    As long as ~ is suspended, whenever you attack with one or more creatures you may pay 1 (U/R), if you do put a 6/6 cow token into play tapped and attacking. Sacrifice it at the end of the turn.
    3/3
    "There are cows living where?"

edit: reduced cost and stats

Make a card with suspend.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-08-05 at 04:34 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

That feels like too much value when you suspend it, pretty much "you lose if you let me attack with anything at all in the next few turns" which red can do pretty easily fairly often and having to chump block the 6/6 because letting it through is a pretty big hit. If it was a more reasonable size then maybe.

Spreading Sickness 2B
    Sorcery - U
    Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature then proliferate.
    Suspend X - X1B
    Whenever a time counter is removed from Spreading Sickness while it's exiled, put a -1/-1 counter on up to one target creature.

Challenge: An aura that doesn't enchant a creature
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Grim Affliction with the suspend X gimmick? That's an interesting combination. Notably, for the same cost (2B) but with a turn delay, you get 2 -1/-1 counters instead spread out. The additional suspend trigger is quite good, comparable to those in the suspend X creatures. Like those, you may want to specify that X can't be 0.

Roach Infestation 2BB
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant land
    Whenever an opponent taps enchanted land for mana, create a 1/1 black Insect creature token.
    2BB, Sacrifice two Insects: Create a token that's a copy of ~ and attach it to another target land.

Make a card based on pest, pets, sept, and/or step.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #217

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Roach Infestation 2BB
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant land
    Whenever an opponent taps enchanted land for mana, create a 1/1 black Insect creature token.
    2BB, Sacrifice two Insects: Create a token that's a copy of ~ and attach it to another target land.

Make a card based on pest, pets, sept, and/or step.
    I don't think this is good, but I still love the card. At four mana, it won't be too hard for your opponent to avoid tapping the land unless they're mana screwed, and the payoff isn't that big for you, anyway. It could start hitting critical mass if you get three or more copies of this out, but that's a lot of mana and insects invested. Still, I would just have to try to make this work.

Blessed Sept 1WW
    Enchantment- Aura (U)
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature has lifelink.
    Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it shares a creature type with enchanted creature, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature and a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.

Challenge: A card that can become an Aura!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

The flavor sounds like it must be for a Kithkin deck within its set, but it's nice that it can be flexible. It's quite interesting! It's expensive enough that it's frustrating if your opponent kills the creature right away, and it's hard enough to trigger that it feels too expensive... but, that value can add up, and unlike the other big counter-adding auras this does place some of the value on other creatures that don't go away when it dies.

Vampiric Licid - B
    Creature - Licid U
    Lifelink
    3B, T: Choose target creature. Until that creature leaves the battlefield, Vampiric Licid loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with Enchant Creature. Attach Vampiric Licid to that creature.
    Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has Lifelink.
    1/1

Challenge! Make a creature that jumps very high and does something when it comes back down.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh its one of those slug guys! I think the glomp ability is a little over costed since this guys doesn't have bestow and dies when it's attached creature dies. I think thats how it works anyway since it becomes and enchant not is and enchant in addition.

Cloud Collector U
    Creature - Faerie Wizard U
    When ~ deals damage to a player if it doesn't have a +1/+1 counter on it put a +1/+1 counter on it.
    As long as Cloud Collector has a +1/+1 counter on it it has flying.
    Remove a +1/+1 counter from Cloud Collector: add U.
    1/1

Make a card with a triggered ability that is caused by either damage or something stranger.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-08-05 at 06:11 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

If it looks like renown and smells like renown... That's not a bad thing though and it's very fair comparing it to goblin glory chaser and honored hierarch. I would've liked it more if it was cleanser and didn't have the mana ability but I seer why is there for the challenge.

An unusual trigger? Okay then.

Curfew 3W
    Enchantment U Un
    Curfew enters the battlefield with 4 time counters on it.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter on Curfew.
    Creatures with power less than the number of time counters on Curfew cannot attack.
    Whenever the date changes, you lose the game.
    That's it. Time to go to bed

Challenge: a planeswalker

11. - Top - End - #221

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Curfew 3W
    Enchantment U Un
    Curfew enters the battlefield with 4 time counters on it.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter on Curfew.
    Creatures with power less than the number of time counters on Curfew cannot attack.
    Whenever the date changes, you lose the game.
    That's it. Time to go to bed

Challenge: a planeswalker
    This has a problem that some of the Unhinged cards had, where the last line is fun to read, but has a detrimental effect on the game. In 99% of cases it won't come up, and when it does, it feels like you made a mistake putting the card in your deck. Besides that, though, the card seems perfectly fine; it's an interesting effect to stop attackers. If you play it on turn 4, it just might be able to save your neck against an aggro deck, at least enough to get something else out to protect you.

Azor, Returned Parun 3WWUU
    Legendary Planeswalker- Azor (MR)
    +1: Detain up to two nonland permanents.
    +1: Opponents can't cast spells or activate abilities until end of turn.
    -X: Draw X cards and you gain X life.

Challenge: Another parun! (Ravnican guild founder)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Oh look, yet another strong planeswalker for my Teferi tribal deck. Compared to Tef, you've set Azor at a pretty high casting cost, but it has to be expensive since it draws so many cards and protects itself so well with detain.

Rakdooooooooos! - 3RB
    Legendary Creature - Demon MR
    Flying
    At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Rakdooooooooos! deals X damage to that player, where X is the number of cards in their hand minus the number of cards in your hand. (Negative damage isn't a thing.)
    1, Discard a card: Target creature you control gains Haste and Deathtouch until end of turn. If it's not Rakdooooooooos!, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
    4/5

Challenge! Make a key or a set of keys!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-08-06 at 11:08 PM.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

13. - Top - End - #223

Rakdooooooooos! - 3RB
    Legendary Creature - Demon MR
    Flying
    At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Rakdooooooooos! deals X damage to that player, where X is the number of cards in their hand minus the number of cards in your hand. (Negative damage isn't a thing.)
    1, Discard a card: Target creature you control gains Haste and Deathtouch until end of turn. If it's not Rakdooooooooos!, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
    4/5
    5 mana for a flying tank that self-buffs with Deathtouch and gets a strong auto-burn effect each turn? About the only thing that stops this from being broken is how much of a disadvantage losing a card is, but even then, this is crazy strong.

Challenge! Make a key or a set of keys!
    Key To The Chest 0
    Legendary Artifact (C)
    When Key To The Chest enters your hand, reveal it, then cast it.
    When Key To The Chest enters the field, create a 3/3 Black Pirate Token with Indestructible and "T: Create a 1/1 Black Zombie Pirate Token", under the control of target opponent.
    >[Pay 5 Life, Sacrifice Key To The Chest]: Transform Dead Man's Chest.

Dead Man's Chest 0
    Legendary Artifact (R)
    When Dead Man's Chest enters your hand, reveal it, then cast it.
    When Dead Man's Chest enters the field, create a 6/8 Black Kraken token with Menace and "This creature attacks every turn if able" under the control of target opponent.

/////////

Heart Of The Sea
    Legendary Artifact
    When Heart Of The Sea enters play, destroy target Kraken and gain control of target Pirate.
    >[T, Pay BBXX]: Create X 7/7 Black Artifact Vehicle Ship tokens with Indestructible and Crew 3.

Hey, not much point in making a key without a lock, right? Also pretty sure this is horrifically imbalanced, but the concept seemed fun, so eh.

Challenge! Another pirate.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2020-08-07 at 02:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Halfling in the Playground

So this is kind of a mess. Magic has no way of tracking when a card enters your hand, so if I were to draw this, wait a few turns, and then claim Iíd just drawn it, thereíd be no way to call me on it. That clause also invited a lot of questions: what happens if I draw it on my opponentís turn? What happens if I draw it after my opponent has cast Silence? What happens if thereís a Sphere of Resistance out? Same question but I also donít have any mana? What if thereís a Sphere of Resistance and a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben out, but I only have a Swamp, but I also have a Dark Ritual in my hand?

ďShipĒ as a card type only exists on Toy Boat from Unhinged, therefore itís just as valid a creature type as Teenager or Gamer (read: not).

Since youíre unlikely to draw both pieces at around the same time, thatís giving your opponent a lot of time with those tokens you gave them. You canít even hold on to these to try to land them at the same time. With the insane number of hoops you have to jump through, Iím having a difficult time judging the power level of the last ability. Making vehicles means you need other creatures, which the Pirate you take back helps with, but makes it so that X=10 canít win the game.

Between having to pay 5 life to transform, how chonky the kraken is, and them getting a 1/1 every turn, I canít see you at any safe life total if you manage to flip these. If you leave an unflipped Chest on the board for 3 turns before immediately dropping the Key and flipping it youíre sitting at 3 life, assuming your opponent does nothing but hit you with the token you have them. Though it does make the phrase ďthis dies to boltĒ take on a new meaning.

If youíre just going based on flavor Iíd have it gain control of all Pirates.

Commodore Dreadmaw 4GG
    Legendary Creature- Dinosaur Pirate R
    Trample
    Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a Treasure token.
    6/6

If you feel the sea quake, run. If you hear its fellows, flee. If you see its fleet, itís too late

Challenge: another dinosaur.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2020-08-07 at 12:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Commodore Dreadmaw 4GG
    Legendary Creature- Dinosaur Pirate R
    Trample
    Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a Treasure token.

If you feel the sea quake, run. If you hear its fellows, flee. If you see its fleet, itís too late

Challenge: another dinosaur.
    Pretty good all things considered. The fact that it is a six drop is a bit concerning, especially considering that I can't be sure what its power and toughness is. [Edit: for some reason, the 6/6 didn't load on my device. With this in mind, it is really quite balanced]

Eldrazi Sauropod XXX
    Legendary Eldrazi Dinosaur - Mythic

Annihilate X

Enters the battlefield with X -1/-1 tokens.

If X is 0, exile this card when it enters the battlefield.

XXXX, tap this: remove X -1/-1 token from this card.

6/7

Sometimes, strength comes from a position of weakness.

Challenge: an enchantment - aura
    Last edited by Masema; 2020-08-07 at 01:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

There isnt a good way to track x after this is on the board. Maybe Annihilator x where x is equal to the number of -1/-1 counters on it?

This is 3 mana for a 5/6 Annihilator 1, also it doesnt cost colored mana so this is crazy and would go in every deck.
    The idea behind this card is neat but the stats are super busted.

Disobey 1RR
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature has "This creature can't attack, block." and "Discard a card: This creature loses all abilities until the end of the turn."
    1RR, Sacrifice Disobey: Gain control of enchanted creature until the end of the turn. It gains haste until the end of the turn.

Next make a card with an additional cost.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Eldrazi Dinosaur sounds like a mad awesome concept. A 5/6 with Annihilator 1 for 3 is pretty wild, as is a 4/5 with Annihilator 2 for 6. Maybe too good. Paying more mana for a higher annihilator is good in theory, but it stops being cost-effective past X=2.

Forced Conscription 1WU
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Creature
    You control enchanted creature.
    Enchanted creature is a 1/1 Soldier and loses all abilities.

Make a noncreature permanent that turns into a different noncreature permanent.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm, this seems a little stronger than the usual rate that w or u get at uncommon. This is close to a 3 mana 1/1 that destroys a creature on etb. I think the card is cool but too strong at the current cost.

Necromancer's Skull BB
    Artifact R
    At the beginning of your upkeep pay 2 life or sacrifice Necromancer's Skull.
    B, T: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
    2BB: Meld with Haunted Tome.

Haunted Tome 3
    Artifact U
    T: Mill one, if you mill a creature this way create a 1/1 white spirit token with flying.

////

Sinister Confident
    Enchantment
    You may cast creature cards from your graveyard.
    Whenever you cast a creature card from your graveyard exile it. Create a token that's a copy of that card, except it's 1/1, it's a Spirit in addition to its other types, and it has flying. Create a black Zombie creature token with power equal to that card's power and toughness equal to that card's toughness.

Make another meld card or a sorcery that can be cast as though it had flash.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-08-07 at 01:21 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Part of me suspects that Necromancer's Skull might be better off on its own, especially in a grindy deck that likes the cheap card draw over time. Haunted Tome is also interesting enough to be its own card - not very powerful, but more than capable of pulling its weight in the right deck. Sinister Confidant's abilities are cool, if weirdly-templated, which is frustrating because it's not really stronger than the sum of its parts. If you were to rework that side into an independent creature, it would probably be a fun commander.

Billy - W
    She's clearly a child, but she's very absorbed in these holy texts.
    Legendary Creature - Human Cleric - C
    Lifelink
    (Melds with BORKH!)
    Bontu's ambition,
    Oketra's solidarity,
    Rhonas' strength,
    Kefnet's knowledge,
    Hazoret's zeal.

1/2

BORKH! - 3RR
    Sorcery - R
    If you own and control a creature named Billy, you may cast BORKH! as though it had flash.
    BORKH! deals 5 damage to up to one target creature and up to one target planeswalker. Destroy up to one target artifact and up to one target land. If you own and control a creature named Billy, exile it and BORKH! and return them to the battlefield Melded into Admiral Magnificence.

//

Admiral Magnificence
    Legendary Creature - Demigod
    This creature is all colors.
    Lifelink, Vigilance, Trample, Flying, Haste
    6/7

Challenge! Make a permanent that starts as one entity and splits up into two components.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-08-07 at 08:38 PM.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Should've spelled the sorcery BROKH!, because it's really good for 3RR. It does a crapload of things, and it honestly doesn't even need Billy. I'm not so sure about legendary common as a design space. Kind of an oxymoron, or we're in Kamigawa. I love that not-Captain not-Marvel has evergreen fit for each color, but still doesn't break the WR color pie.

Rockstars en-Kor 1WW
    Creature - Kor Human Bard R
    0: The next 1 damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature you control instead.
    When ~ is dealt damage, exile it, then return it to the battlefield transformed.
    3/4

//
    Lonestar en-Kor
    Creature - Kor Bard
    Vigilance
    0: The next 1 damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature you control instead.
    When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent creates three 0/1 colorless Human creature tokens.
    3/1

Make a scene!
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2020-08-07 at 05:45 PM.
    Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a really strange card and I'm at a loss on how to evaluate it. It has 3 power and deflects dmg but if dmg gets through it gives your opponent tokens. I guess its kind of like a divine shield minion from hs.

Active Investigation 1WW
    Enchantment R
    Whenever a creature you control dies investigate.
    Exile Active Investigation, W: Exile target creature you don't control. Play this ability only if you control at least 2 clues.

Make a crime card.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-08-10 at 07:37 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in love with this top-down design and just can't wait to point at my opponent's creature to shout "TAKE THAT!" before hauling it away. I was a bit torn because the mechanics feel so much like they belong on a black card, but I guess white is one of the colors in artistocrats-style decks, and it occasionally gets on-death token generators from Afterlife and the like, and the flavor is 100% a law enforcement shtick. It could probably get away with costing 2 mana and having a lighter color weight; you have to pay that mana again anyway, especially if you plan on using it to draw cards. The restriction to an opponent's creature is pretty unnecessary, too. After all, what if the murders were an inside job?

Criminal Raven - 2B
    A raven is carrying a shard of smoky world-glass in its talons. The glass reflects an image of the bird stealing another piece of glass.
    Creature - Bird C
    Flying, Reflect 1B (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature entered the battlefield since the beginning of your last upkeep, you may pay 1B.)
    When Criminal Raven enters the battlefield or its reflect cost is paid, target opponent discards a card.
    1/2

Challenge! Make an instant that targets a creature but cares about lands you control.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-08-10 at 01:25 PM.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

23. - Top - End - #233

Criminal Raven - 2B
    A raven is carrying a shard of smoky world-glass in its talons. The glass reflects an image of the bird stealing another piece of glass.
    Creature - Bird C
    Flying, Reflect 1B (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature entered the battlefield since the beginning of your last upkeep, you may pay 1B.)
    When Criminal Raven enters the battlefield or its reflect cost is paid, target opponent discards a card.
    1/2
    Seems okay. Being able to burn away two of your opponent's cards for so little mana is a little strong, but it's at least spread out and they get to choose what goes. Beyond that, its chasis isn't anything to write home about; not great, not terrible.

Challenge! Make an instant that targets a creature but cares about lands you control.
    Challenge The Dragons 2R
    Instant (R)
    Target opponent searches their library for a Dragon with a converted mana cost greater than the number of Mountains you control, then puts that Dragon on the field, tapped.
    If the targeted opponent does not have a Dragon meeting the above criteria in their library, search your library for a Dragon with a converted mana cost less than the number of Mountains you control and place it on the field. It gains Haste until the end of the turn.

Challenge! Something you'd use on a friend, but not a stranger.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

So if this card is good then your opponents will run 1 of the biggest dragons they can in their sideboard and you will lose a lot so I'm going to evaluate this as if your opponent doesn't not have any dragons/changlings. 3 mana tutor any creature is fine but weak compared to call, this is a tutor but it also brings to the field. I think since it has two limitations on it - cost and creature type - it is probably fair. Though I image that if this were to be printed for real it would be something like XR search for a dragon cmc x or less and put it onto the battlefield.

New Best Friend 3UB
    Sorcery MR
    Another target player on your team and a player not on your team exchange teams. (This effect lasts until the end of the event).
    "My friendship is ended with you."

Next make a card that has an effect when it is drafted.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-08-10 at 08:12 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

@Dr Gunsforhands: That makes me want to run something like Tales End against it just to say "Objection!" in response to that.

Even for an un-card, you probably need a clearer definition of teams given you say until the end of an event. Could be amusing the first time in 2HG but that's about it.

Harsh Decisions 3BB
    Sorcery R
    You may draft this card face up. If you do, whenever you draft a card, you may also look at another players draft picks, give them Harsh Decisions and choose two cards they drafted. They give one to you and turn Harsh Decisions face down.

Choose two target nonland permanents target player controls. They sacrifice one of them.

Challenge: Something normally overcosted because of another effect it has

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Harsh decisions is not very strong in actual play, since it never quite kills the thing you need it to, but of course you're only drafting it to sabotage your friendships. I suppose you could try to arrange a situation where it benefits you more than it hurts your opponent, but that is not how it's going to feel to them when you inevitably pick their best two cards.

I saw that you posted while I was writing and was going to try and make another card, but this one still kind of works:

Substitute Tutor - 1B
    Instant - U
    Reveal Substitute Tutor as you draft it, then note the name of another card that you have drafted so far this draft.
    Search your library for a card with a name you noted when drafting a card named Substitute Tutor. Reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Challenge! Make a demon with an unusual physical trait.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like this card a lot. I especially like that it gets better as you draft more of this card.

Demon of Blindsight 2BB
    Creature - Demon R
    At the beginning of each player's upkeep they may pay 2 life, if they don't exile the top card of their library.
    You can cast cards opponents own exiled with Demon of Blindsight and use black mana as though it were mana of any color to do so.
    4/4

Make a not-so-symmetrical effect.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Demon of Blindsight 2BB
    Creature - Demon R
    At the beginning of each player's upkeep they may pay 2 life, if they don't exile the top card of their library.
    You can cast cards opponents own exiled with Demon of Blindsight and use black mana as though it were mana of any color to do so.
    4/4
    Okay, so this would be pretty powerful without the spellcasting effect; your opponent has a chance to lose important combo pieces every turn, with no way to get them back. They can't even alleviate the risk very much, because the cost they'd have to pay is life... This card could cost them the game either way, albeit slowly. The ability to turn the exiled cards against them only adds insult to injury, especially if they use particularly splashable pieces that work well with any other deck (including yours). The single mitigating effect is that it hurts you, too, but because you know it's coming, you're in a much better position to build your deck around it and minimize the potential for too much damage.

Oh, and it's a mere 4 cmc for all of this. Joy.

Make a not-so-symmetrical effect.
    Soul Swap 4
    Sorcery (U)
    Target opponent gains control of target creature you control, and you gain control of target creature they currently control.
    "What's mine is yours and yours is mine, as they say."

Errata: The player using this card specifies all the targets.

Spoiler: Bonus Card
    Show

Self-Strike B
    Enchantment - Aura (C)
    Enchant target creature you control.
    At the end of this turn, destroy enchanted creature.
    "Umm... You're supposed to do that to me..."

Challenge! Charity.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2020-08-16 at 11:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

OldWizardGuy

I'm fairly sure I saw this on a Blue/Red card before, roughly the same thing as well. As it is, an any deck creature swap that you can steal something big for a cheap token? Awesome and can really screw up some combos I've seen of late.

Non-Profit Corporation 2BW
    Enchantment R
    Whenever a source your opponent controls would cause you to mill cards, you may place them on the bottom of your deck instead of your graveyard.
    Whenever an opponent draws a card, choose one you may choose an additional time for each card they have drawn this turn beyond the first, and may choose the same option more than once;
    Place a -1/-1 counter on each creature they control
    They lose two life and you gain two life
    Exile a card from target graveyard

Next challenge; Something for token decks!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know why the anti-mill and anti-card-draw abilities are on the same card, nor can I quite tell what's so charitable about them exactly. For the more interesting ability, it looks like you meant for it to trigger once for the first card drawn, then twice for the second and so on? If that's the case, there's really no reason to have more than one mode to choose from. If you have a Howling Mine-style deck that draws cards for your opponents, you can win the game in 1 turn easily.

Take the Beaten Path - G
    Sorcery - U
    Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
    Whenever you create one or more creature tokens, you may return Take the Beaten Path from your graveyard to your hand.

Challenge! Make a small bird that eventually helps you summon a big bird.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-08-17 at 06:23 PM.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.