New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Huh, neat. Cameos. I agree that it doesn't really mean much as-is, but cool they added it in.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Okay, time for a Custom Robo!

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [30] Genuinely Just Tired Of The Police At This Point

Video Length: 28:05

Look sometimes the title will be a pun, sometimes it will be a direct reference to something in the episode, sometimes it's just a mood the game has given me. I'm kind of tired of every interaction withn the police squad genuinely being really ****ing dystopian and would like to stop associating with them please. Outside of the Police Squad the people who aren't Roy would be fine.

Anyway, this tournament is a two vs two match up, no limits, and our partner is Linda which is actually kinda neat! This tournament also goes a fair distance in making Roy look pretty pathetic, which rules. I also finally make a stunning realization regarding Sergei, which is amusing to me specifically and probably no one else? We'll see.

And that's it for today. Join us next time, where we... go to another tournament spot. I genuinely do not remember where.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

...that sure is a thing that they're doing. The more things change, the more things... don't change at all and get more screwed up. "Okay, we'll let people know the truth, but then change who they are if they don't like what we're doing." Sure. Cool. You're totally the good guys. Yep.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #364

Late video due to an internet outage. Hooraaay.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [31] Tagged and Bagged

Video Length: 33:02

In this episode we participate in... the Tag Battle format of gameplay. Which is to say, we each get two robos to figh with and can switch at any time. This effectively gives each enemy 2000 health, and way more weaponry to screw you over with.

To put it bluntly I'm not a fan of this game type, and the tournaments goes rather poorly, in part due to my own rules and in part due to the game just difficulty spiking real hard.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Whoof. That was pretty brutal. Really doesn't help that the game uses weapons you won't get for... usually at least a bit. Still haven't seen bees yet...

6. - Top - End - #366

AFter ten thousand years, I have finally edited together this video!

Zodi Plays: Lego Island

Video Length: 36:40

In this episode, Em takes us on a whilrwind tour of... a small part of Lego Island, a fun computer game they grew up with as a tiny tot. Some technical difficulties stopped us from playing the whole game, and we might revisit it in the future we'll see. At any rate, I hope you all enjoy!

7. - Top - End - #367

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

That, uh, that sure was a game. Those are the only words I have.

9. - Top - End - #369

Okay. This one is going to mark the uh... start of something different, for this channel. Please be gentle.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [32] Token Evil Teammate

Video Length: 21:29

In this exciting episode we head off to the lab, which has THREE tournaments for us. Because yes, the post game of Custom Robo is a fair deal larger than expected. We're starting off with one of the... funner ones, however; the Lab Bonus Battle tournament! In this one, it's a two vs one format... with us as the two. Evil will help us relax a bit and just stomp some losers. It's pretty funny, honestly. We get to try out some new toys in safety, we bond with our good good friend Evil who is definitely mind wiped and not faking it thus proving that theres a very good chance society will shatter into pieces again, we learn the names of his lackeys. It's all fun and good!

And that's it for today. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time! Take care!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Bahahaha. Oh, okay, there's the humour back in this game. Good writing, yes. Was missing that comedy.

I like how as soon as we learn Bubbles' name, the other Lackey gets Lackey 1 instead.

Yeah, this was a nice breath of fresh air.

11. - Top - End - #371

Onwards, to more Custom Roboing!

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [33] Embrace Draconis

Video Length: 17:15

In this video, we tackle Linda's 1v2 tournament... wherein we are the one! Thankfully I've kicked my habit of using bad parts in situations where they are not called for in exchange for not having a bad time, and I think they lowered the AI difficulty for this one because wow I blast through them pretty effectively. Most important of all however; we found all te funny dialog again. It's not as much as I'd like, but it is clear the writers are starting to get back into the groove again with regards to supplementing gameplay with good comedy writing.

Shockingly short video all things considered, but that's how it goes. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. Take care!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Man, 1v2... that's harsh even if they AI is dumbed down a bit. Dragon to the rescue!
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Yeesh. Sure is good that you have a gun that only takes, like, 10-12 shots to kill something.

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Man, 1v2... that's harsh even if they AI is dumbed down a bit. Dragon to the rescue!
    Dragon is friend to all!

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Yeesh. Sure is good that you have a gun that only takes, like, 10-12 shots to kill something.
    The fact that Dragon plus the Metal Bear body just maximizes your attack really helps, too.

15. - Top - End - #375

Late video on account of being a little sick woo.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [34] Burgle Burgle

Video Length: 28:51

In this video we take on the more... normal tournament held at the lab. A no limit single battle in a research lab, with the only real twist being that we're fighting the (now mind wiped and made docile) burglars from the start of the game. Hooray...? Hooray. We also get our first CRIME, an illegal gun that... honestly really isn't all that special actually I don't really see why this isn't a normal part. Maybe it's just too useful? Who knows!

And with that, we have FOUR entire tournaments open to us now... feel free to give me your input on which one you want to see first! Hope you all enjoy, I'll see you all next time for more of this!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Oh no, feel better.

By the way, you've got a bit of a... whirring audible in the background of the videos.

I think the part's illegal because of the fact that it apparently stops a robo? And does so without knockdown, which a bit of different paradigm. Besides, like, the stun. Which is stupid short range.

Well, uh... if I have any suggestions for next, maybe... Mira's house? That seems much less important. And save the park for last, because that seemed to be where we always ended up. So we can conclude with the thrilling conclusions of what Z stands for.

17. - Top - End - #377

Oh no, feel better.

By the way, you've got a bit of a... whirring audible in the background of the videos.

I think the part's illegal because of the fact that it apparently stops a robo? And does so without knockdown, which a bit of different paradigm. Besides, like, the stun. Which is stupid short range.

Well, uh... if I have any suggestions for next, maybe... Mira's house? That seems much less important. And save the park for last, because that seemed to be where we always ended up. So we can conclude with the thrilling conclusions of what Z stands for.
    I will remember to close my windows so that cars stop making large vroomy sounds in the future.

Yeah the stun is probably the reason that wave gun is illegal. It's just to good at locking an opponent down!

That's honestly a really good idea.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I will remember to close my windows so that cars stop making large vroomy sounds in the future.

Yeah the stun is probably the reason that wave gun is illegal. It's just to good at locking an opponent down!

That's honestly a really good idea.
    Now if only that was how it worked. That cars were silent if only the windows were closed.

Well... assuming you can hit them, at least. Since if there's anything the computers are good at doing, it's moving in a way that's difficult for a human to track, with better reflexes.

Well, I did need to get out one good idea by the end of the month.

19. - Top - End - #379

Oops it's time for Halo again finally.

Zodi Plays: Halo 2 [1] Double Wield

Video Length: 42:69

Bit of a long one, but there just wasn't a good place to cut given the uh... circumstances of the way Halo 2 opens. Which, aside from the weird technical difficulties, is actually pretty solid. Way more exciting and fun and compelling than Halo 1's, that is for dang sure!

However, because of said difficulties, we also have...

------

INSTALCAST [1] Why Is Halo?

Video Length: 33:25

In which me and Em have an impromptu podcast like event as we wait for Halo 2 to reinstall. Marvel as we ramble about our thoughts on the Halo series, as I reveal my alien obsession and conceptual dyslexia, and Em... basically just kinda has to deal with it. Oops!

In the future if we do one of these it'll be more structured since it'll be on purpose.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

On Halo 2, Episode 1:
    yea Halo 2 is when the series really started picking up. especially with the introduction of alien friend.

and the new cutscenes have better sound! don't forget that

dual-wielding guns! TIME FOR DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA!!!

I mean it makes sense you can't teleport there: its an airlock. the space station has to make sure that it doesn't open into a vacuum.

Meh, I don't particularly care for those Star-Wars like aesthetic austerity concerns. sometimes people go back and decide they want to add more detail. its fine. its a different interpretation. sometimes some people decide they want minimalism, though I am not one of those people. to me the new cutscenes are just way better than the old ones, and I don't see any reason to watch the old cutscenes myself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Hooo boy. Mm friend and I had technical difficulties with this, too. In my case, though, it's that my computer was too garbage for HD graphics, so it'd freeze my game every time I accidentally hit that button, even after figuring out how to pre-downgrade the graphics. Fun fun. So... looking forwards to looking at the full HD rendered cutscenes, rather than the ones with the really silly models.
    Halo 3 is the one where it didn't install even though I set it to install. *Scream*

Fun fact: The first events in that terminal - the first known encounter with Thel Vadam'ee - that's a reference to events in the book The Cole Protocol. Which is an excellent read.

ODSTs... I always find them interesting, because as much as Spartans are venerated by pretty much everyone else... ODSTs have rather a dislike for them, and that's never really explored much. Because before Spartans, the Helljumpers were the best of the best. But, as Spartans became public... well, they take the glory. A one-man army commands a lot more attention than a squad. So that bred resentment.

The Aliens in Halo are really, really good. All the visuals between Human, Covenant and Forerunner are super distinct, but still cohesive, and all of the aliens in the Covenant tell a story. I agree with the Elites/Sanghelli being great, though. The Hunters/Lekgolo are rad, too. Just... psionic hive mind or worms that forms colonies and will recite war poetry calmly in battle. And, despite being just... basically worms, they fought the Covenant to a standstill, and even pushed them back. At least until the Elites reached an accord with them.

The Hunters are called that because their job is supposed to be anti-armour. And UNSC vehicles are all named after animals. So... they hunt animals.
    I like the names, because they sound alien enough and managed to restrain themselves enough to only shove one extraneous apostrophe in there. (Edit: Actually, wait, just remembered I was wrong. There're two. San'Shyuum (Prophets), and Yanme'e (Drones).)

Jackals are Kig Yar. Hunters are Mgalekgolo - the Mga prefix meaning the specific type of colony they form (as opposed to something like Thanolekgolo, which are more of a consuming colony) - with Lekgolo being the species name for the individual worms.
    Humans are basically just "Heretics" (and other such religious terms) to the Covenant. I don't think any specific word from any specific alien language was ever used.
    ...yes, I am a Halo Nerd, why do you ask?

All UNSC soldiers are technically cyborgs! They all have neural implants, which are picked up on UNSC radar (such as motion trackers) to provide the 'friendly' for Friend-or-Foe identification. Spartans have a more sophisticated chip that allows for AI to interface with their brain. So, even with no robot limbs, it's a cyborg army!

Don't worry about getting spoilers with a good chunk of books, yeah. The Fall of Reach doesn't spoil anything about the game Reach because the events have been completely retconned (the plot of the book wouldn't make for a good game, so that's understandable, but it's a really fun story). The Flood is a novelization of Halo 1, and is generally considered to be... really weak. First Strike connects the gap between Halo 1 and 2.

That's the core 3, and then you can go from there. Contact Harvest details humanity's first interaction with the Covenant. I recommend it if for no other reason than the AI characters. (Though Sergeant Johnson is a character.) The Cole Protocol develops the backstory of the Elite you saw in the cutscene and Jacob Keyes some more, but is generally just a great read as it gets into more of the Insurrection civil war stuff. It's very different in setting to the rest. I think the short stories of Evolutions are generally safe, but I can't remember them all. Books beyond that, though, are pretty spoilerrific, in that they assume you've at least knowledge of Halos 1-3 (sometimes even 4), and commonly reference plot from that.

And, yes, I 100% recommend the anime.

...anyways, that's my rambling response to your ramble. XD
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-09-03 at 03:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    On Halo 2, Episode 1:
    yea Halo 2 is when the series really started picking up. especially with the introduction of alien friend.

and the new cutscenes have better sound! don't forget that

dual-wielding guns! TIME FOR DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA!!!

I mean it makes sense you can't teleport there: its an airlock. the space station has to make sure that it doesn't open into a vacuum.

Meh, I don't particularly care for those Star-Wars like aesthetic austerity concerns. sometimes people go back and decide they want to add more detail. its fine. its a different interpretation. sometimes some people decide they want minimalism, though I am not one of those people. to me the new cutscenes are just way better than the old ones, and I don't see any reason to watch the old cutscenes myself.
    A Raziere appears! I hope you're doing well. And yeah, I can tell Halo 2 is immediately a more interesting, better made game.

Yup! The HD remaster remasters all the sound and music it's kinda cool.

ONE GUN GOOD? TWO GUN BETTER!

The difference is that the new cutscenes are like, super dramatic and film-like, compared to the kinda static video game cutscenes of the original. The Star Wars esque changes Em was referring to tend to be weird, pointless additions that only make things worse or add nothing.

And, yes, I 100% recommend the anime.

...anyways, that's my rambling response to your ramble. XD
    Lots of wonderful informations! Thank you very much DataNinja. I feel like given Em's note about pacemakers that might not count as cyborgs, but we'll see when I ask them about it.

I will, in that case, probably do the anime as a "we are recording ourselves talking over it and we will time it so that you can watch along" ala better done things.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

A Raziere appears! I hope you're doing well. And yeah, I can tell Halo 2 is immediately a more interesting, better made game.

Yup! The HD remaster remasters all the sound and music it's kinda cool.

ONE GUN GOOD? TWO GUN BETTER!

The difference is that the new cutscenes are like, super dramatic and film-like, compared to the kinda static video game cutscenes of the original. The Star Wars esque changes Em was referring to tend to be weird, pointless additions that only make things worse or add nothing.
    Doing as well as I can be, been playing modded starbound its a real good game for character customization, open ended exploration and such which I feel has been lacking in games for a while, been keeping up with my freeform roleplays, been watching a lot of elder scrolls lore videos, I just haven't been around since I wasn't interested in the Robo epilogue is all.

...like what? I'm pretty sure sometimes these things are what people would've always wanted to put in simply because they want the future to be cool and flashy, and that they didn't before because they didn't have the technology or time for it. like I'm pretty sure this is what people always wanted space opera to look like on some level, its just that we didn't get the capability to do so until recently.

But yeah UNSC all being cyborgs makes a lot of sense. honestly, the real wonder is why Master Chief isn't more of one. Pretty sure cybernetics would be a simpler thing to do than complex dangerous chemical biological enhancements....but then at that point why not make a robot? its not as if MC's all that emotional in the first place. but its not as if popular space opera has ever been that good about making use of transhuman/cyberpunk stuff.

24. - Top - End - #384

Doing as well as I can be, been playing modded starbound its a real good game for character customization, open ended exploration and such which I feel has been lacking in games for a while, been keeping up with my freeform roleplays, been watching a lot of elder scrolls lore videos, I just haven't been around since I wasn't interested in the Robo epilogue is all.

...like what? I'm pretty sure sometimes these things are what people would've always wanted to put in simply because they want the future to be cool and flashy, and that they didn't before because they didn't have the technology or time for it. like I'm pretty sure this is what people always wanted space opera to look like on some level, its just that we didn't get the capability to do so until recently.

But yeah UNSC all being cyborgs makes a lot of sense. honestly, the real wonder is why Master Chief isn't more of one. Pretty sure cybernetics would be a simpler thing to do than complex dangerous chemical biological enhancements....but then at that point why not make a robot? its not as if MC's all that emotional in the first place. but its not as if popular space opera has ever been that good about making use of transhuman/cyberpunk stuff.
    Entirely fair! Also that reminds me I need to message you about my book about something.

I mean there are things like, adding a big ring to the Death Star explosion that doesn't really add or subtract anything, but also there are scenes where big CGI animals get in the way of an actually rather good shot that are frustrating, and lets not even get started on Han Shot First.

Yeah, space opera stuff is surprisingly lacking in cyborg/robot stuff. It's weird!

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Lots of wonderful informations! Thank you very much DataNinja. I feel like given Em's note about pacemakers that might not count as cyborgs, but we'll see when I ask them about it.

I will, in that case, probably do the anime as a "we are recording ourselves talking over it and we will time it so that you can watch along" ala better done things.
    Look, it's close enough, right? It's something beyond what humans can do naturally?

Okidoki. Let me know when you're going to do it. The on-dvd episode order is, uh, not good. Like, hoo boy, really not good. Don't want to spoil anything, but those who've seen it will know what I mean. If you're gonna watch more than one in one sitting (even if you're only going to replace one episode's voiceover at a time), you definitely do not want to go in the order they released it in.

26. - Top - End - #386

Look, it's close enough, right? It's something beyond what humans can do naturally?

Okidoki. Let me know when you're going to do it. The on-dvd episode order is, uh, not good. Like, hoo boy, really not good. Don't want to spoil anything, but those who've seen it will know what I mean. If you're gonna watch more than one in one sitting (even if you're only going to replace one episode's voiceover at a time), you definitely do not want to go in the order they released it in.
    PM me that and I'll save it for Later.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I realized that I forgot to mention: I recommend reading The Fall of Reach if for no other reason than it gives a look into the Spartan program, and a look at John Halo's backstory. Like... the rest of the book detailing the actual fall of Reach is fine, but, to me, the big draw of that book is the details of the Spartan program.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I realized that I forgot to mention: I recommend reading The Fall of Reach if for no other reason than it gives a look into the Spartan program, and a look at John Halo's backstory. Like... the rest of the book detailing the actual fall of Reach is fine, but, to me, the big draw of that book is the details of the Spartan program.
    Yeah. the UNSC/Insurrectionist conflict is a bit greyer than the main conflict. I have the book but oddly I've never read it, since I usually have read all my books. I should read it myself, even if I know much of the details of MC's backstory from other sources.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. the UNSC/Insurrectionist conflict is a bit greyer than the main conflict. I have the book but oddly I've never read it, since I usually have read all my books. I should read it myself, even if I know much of the details of MC's backstory from other sources.
    Being perfectly frank, his own actual backstory isn't that interesting. It's the program itself that I always found interesting. The tests, the learning, the ludicrous exercises. It is very much a "journey that's the interesting bit" book.

(I assume you've probably read The Cole Protocol, as that delves a little more into the Insurrection grey-area stuff.)

30. - Top - End - #390

Oops.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo UPDATE

So yeah. Either my disc or the console is giving up the ghost. I'll do the work to get my save to an SD card and do the fiddling with Dolphin to get back to recording this, it'll just take a bit since I don't use that program nearly as much as I probably should.

Thank you for your patience, have a good day.