New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Okay Raziere, gonna try and answer these as I go.

Fights are fun! I like fights!

I'm not gonna lie that bloodband idea is uh... disgusting, but also really stylish as a cyberpunk aesthetic thing holy sit. Maybe without the CONSTANT blood drain though.

Harry's mech is very Harry in appearance. It's kinda cool.

The show you are thinking of is Medabots and is ****ing wicked and I love it. Criminal does kinda look like Cyandog but all grown up, nice catch.
    Bloodbands not supposed to be a good idea Zodi. its a dark satire of corporate commercialization of consumer suffering and criticism of capitalism, like all cyberpunk is.

yeah I looked up medabots but couldn't be sure, because the robot didn't look exactly like how I remembered and thought the robot was more gundam protagonist like in appearance, but it could just be because a medabots videogame instead? its weird.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Delay in posting today's video due to MANY reasons!

A Taste Of: Strider

Video Length: 21:30

You'll never leave Eurasia alive! This is the remake, I've never played it before, I've seen the first actual SNES Strider game, and I have heard exactly nothing about this one. So I decided to take a look at it.

The result is what would happen if, say, I recorded my first impressions of DMC5, or Bayonetta, or basically any game that jabs a serotonin injector directly into my soul.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, neat. Looks stylish. No real other comments on it, but I'd wager a hunch you were enjoying yourself.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Seriously. Nothing with a sugar content below about 60% gets me that excited...
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Someone just really likes ninjas. I concur, they are pretty neat... no bias.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I see now. This thread is heading for the harem ending.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Absolutely not, but cute.

Also yeah no I just... really like high action games that feel good to play. Strider is extremely one of those.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Pffffft. You are right, though, there are a lot of Ninjas in this thread. And probably more if they're actually good.

9. - Top - End - #39

Halo day means Halo time. So time for a Halo.

Zodi Plays: Halo [8] Vehicle Episode

Video Length: 22:33

In this episode, we continue on with this winter seasoned level full of space motorcycles and tanks. Not much to really say, partly due to forgetting what happens in this and partly due to this stage just kinda being bad. We do however begin to do the bridge fight portions of it! Which are uh... complicated in quality.

But yeah, my grousing about this level aside, I hope you all enjoyed. Take care!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Yay Halo!

Yeah, I can see how this level'd get... tedious, especially with the rudimentary vehicles compared to later.

You did mention you were on Heroic... but come to think of it, that might've been in the thread.

To be fair, having only one weapon isn't so bad when you have infinite ammo...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    To be fair, having only one weapon isn't so bad when you have infinite ammo...
    And a dozen grunt friends each with a different weapon.

It's strange to see how hollow the game is without all the little bells and whistles it's accumulated over the years. You wouldn't think it matters, but actually there's a substantial difference. Like, nowadays when you see a wraith, your first instinct is to run up and take it in melee, but in this they actually had to go back and get the scorpion. And for some reason I'm really missing the bit where grunts explode if you hit their methane tanks...

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

And a dozen grunt friends each with a different weapon.

It's strange to see how hollow the game is without all the little bells and whistles it's accumulated over the years. You wouldn't think it matters, but actually there's a substantial difference. Like, nowadays when you see a wraith, your first instinct is to run up and take it in melee, but in this they actually had to go back and get the scorpion. And for some reason I'm really missing the bit where grunts explode if you hit their methane tanks...
    Or even the ability to see a dozen grunts all clumped up as bowling pins for your Ghost to charge through. I'm sad the boost isn't in this game*.

*for players
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-04-29 at 03:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

I have made a modicum of progress through dark souls today, this calls for celebration by watching all the Halo Zodi videos to current one.

On 1-8 Halo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zodi echoes! anyways, I've played Halo all the way to three, watched a lets play of four. was reach apart of that? not sure. but I know a bit about Halo lore due to palying the games, watching Red Vs. Blue and buying a novel that my library had on sale so it was like "why not?"

of course they're all gonna die. sci-fi action military structure might as well be:
    Private Meat Shield/Distraction/Target
    Sergeant Survivor
    General Plot-Important
    Super Soldier Savior of Everyone (The highest rank)

Well yeah, Doom Guy and Master Chief are basically the same thing, but there are key differences:
    -Doom Guy is basically just a normal person who fought so hard, got so angry and was so determined to kill all demons that he ascended to become some divine spirit of vengeance against them, his badassery is entirely of his own making and unintentional
    -Master Chief on the other hand was made for his role by the military and is actually supposed to be a bit of a leader of his own squad- the Spartans are not supposed to work alone. its just that hero and videogame tropes force him into being alone (well unless your multiplayer right now I guess). The irony is that I'm pretty sure that Master Chief was actually originally intended to fight other humans rebelling against UNSC before the Covenant started invading with vastly superior tech and basically curbstomping human civilization out of nowhere. so technically Mater Chief played normally does this alone and against aliens, which is completely unintentional as well.

Grunts and Elites, Zodi. small ones are grunts, big ones are elites.

c'mon, its realistic, zodi: you die without warning, like real war.

yeah sometimes Halo had these areas where everything looked the same, so you'd get lost trying to find your way around, it was annoying.

Ep 2:
    The Day To Remember Achievement on the 15th of a month is to celebrate the day Halo: Combat Evolved came out for the Xbox. looked it up

your laughter is squeaky. also your driving skills are.....unique, Zodi. Past Zodi, don't die, take a breath.

Ep 3:
    I mean, UNSC is futuristic military, they probably have real time biometric data on every single soldier from standard implants put into them whent hey join used to monitor that so that their AI or computer jockeys can tell their medics which person to treat as it happens, its not they have a survivor detector, its that they probably got in range to detect the signal their implants constantly send out to update their status.

ah sniper rifles, I actually like that gun in shooters the most, there is just something satisfying about landing those precise shots and and getting a one hit kill.

maybe those things shooting into the air are just some form of exhaust? something like the Halo must need a lot of energy to keep going, right?

as for the ship....well, I guess its set up like an airplane. airplanes often have two pilots. you actually only need one to steer it, but the second is there in case one isn't available for whatever reason, its just good redundant design for something that is supposed to operate independently for good period of time, especially when your off the ground. for a spaceship like this? its just sane, especially during a war when one of those pilots could die at any time for any reason, or just y'know have to go to the bathroom. but honestly for a spaceship, its probably a good idea to have more than just two pilots, the more redundancy you can get for traveling through space, the better.

Ep 4:
    Yeah those tough guys that always come out in pairs? made of hive mind worms that always fight in pairs. Hunters are like both hive minds and mates with the other hivemind in their pair or something.

we're able to use their guns because we're Master Chief and just that adaptable to different firearms, I mean if he can just automatically use any other gun on the fly during gameplay, why not alien guns too?

Ep 5:
    I think that the needle colors are just in-universe variants of the needle gun? because there are red plasma guns, and huh.....looked it up, apparently blue needles are just how they looked in Halo 1 until they were fired, and its Halo 2 that made sure they were pink even in first person. so.....could just be the game switching between pink and blue graphics for some reason? huh.

Ep 6:
    8 seconds Zodi. 8 seconds.

and yeah, probably can't reload human weapons when your stranded far from home without other guys to get ammo off of. realistically, Master Chief would probably be using covenant weapons for most of his time on Halo, given the amount of aliens he goes through, purely because he'd have to scavenge the guns to use.

Ep 7:
    correction, you can't use covenant tanks in this game.

Ep 8:
    Its a FLOATING motorcycle Zodi. that shoot cool lasers! I think it warrants some distinction with the name "Ghost"!

.....you mean "genre" of music?

but yeah, I like the Halo franchise, for whatever reason. has cool guns, Master Chief tends to be first thing I think of when I think "super-soldier", and has good music.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-29 at 11:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

So... some of what you said is kinda really spoiler-y, especially the stuff regarding Reach. So... maybe possibly redact some of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Yo, this is a Spoiler
    Show
    As for the whole in medias res opening, basically if I remember correctly: the ship they're on is running from a loss on Reach, a huge one. like the entire game of Halo Reach is about a prequel where the entire point is get Cortana off world and onto the Pillar of Autumn, which is this ship your on, and the spartans that defend Reach all basically die fighting to do it.

Spoiler: This one maybe, too - regardless, it's lore that's not come up yet
    Show
    Yup Cortana is best super-soldier wife. interesting thing is, all the AI's in this universe are made from copying actual people- Cortana is based on a human scientist and thus shares many of her thought patterns.

Spoiler: This stuff is correct - not spoiler, just confirming it's how it works
    Show
    I mean, UNSC is futuristic military, they probably have real time biometric data on every single soldier from standard implants put into them whent hey join used to monitor that so that their AI or computer jockeys can tell their medics which person to treat as it happens, its not they have a survivor detector, its that they probably got in range to detect the signal their implants constantly send out to update their status.

Spoiler: While this is spoiler, it's actually wrong
    Show
    oh right, they must've added the whole
    Spoiler: don't read Zodi, is Halo 4 onwards
    Show
    "Forerunners are actually humans all along"
    bit to this anniversary edition to make their arrival more plausible or something.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    So... some of what you said is kinda really spoiler-y, especially the stuff regarding Reach. So... maybe possibly redact some of that?
    fine, they are all removed. you should probably remove those too, if your being consistent.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-29 at 11:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

fine, they are all removed. you should probably remove those too, if your being consistent.
    I mean, having spoiler stuff in clearly-marked spoiler tags is fine, as far as I know; you didn't need to have them removed entirely. Some of us have been having fully-tagged conversations regarding spoiler stuff up-thread. The important thing is just so Zodi knows what parts she needs to not read in order to avoid future-plot stuff.

17. - Top - End - #47

I'm thinking everyone is a little hungry, so let's have another A Taste Of.

A Taste Of: Pankapu

Video Length: 27:43

Pankapu is a fun little action platformer with BEAUTIFUL art, and what is certain to be a story that will attempt to (and maybe succeed at) ripping my heart out. It's got this obvious dream like quaity to it, and feels like it's either based on something or just has really good mythological world building. Either way, I really quite enjoyed this, and I hope you guys do too.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, that's a cute game. Reminds me a lot, stylistically, of Drawn To life. Similar in that way, but different.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

On Pankapu:
    I want to REPLAY asura's Wrath! unfortunately, while I still have my disc, I don't think my 360 will work anymore, and there is no PC port for it. poor Asura's Wrath, its best game-movie yet it was left fallen by the wayside, I never got to play its DLC.

but who knows, maybe the Chii will be the one time a spider isn't traitorous and this game is just being children storybook narration about things: "look at this obvious thing child, isn't it fortunate that this thing happened?"

of course the vision as Ohiti destroyed the red crystal implies something else is going in "real world" outside the storybook, but I don't think that has anything to do with the spider.

20. - Top - End - #50

I don't know about you guys but I think I'd like another Custom Robo video.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [3] D Class

Video Length: 28:38

In this episode, we head off to Hub Park, with its strange lego trees and roman arches, and solve a minor disturbance involving a very ditzy lady and her multiple boyfriends. After clearing that up and basking in the success of our victory, Marcia appears!... and informs us that we should maybe see about getting Gyro licensed to actually DO any of this. The last thing you want as a bounty hunter is to realize you've actually been doing ILLEGAL violence.

And we go do this, occassionaly fiddling around with NPCs to get some more lore about the world, like how there are random chainmail/fishnet wearing weirdos who sleep openly in the park, and how Linda is technically spying us at all times, and how someone programmed the AI to feel depression on purpose! Hey maybe the... the robo revolution is a good thing?

We also have some fights, but in a strange sort of way I think the mechanical gameplay part of the game is the least interesting at the moment due to how... utterly weird all the dialogue can be. That said, it'd be remiss of me not to at least bring up that we get a few good parts, and we also continue the subtle trend of me not actually being capable of remembering anything about this game from a mechanical standpoint. Aside from Gemini Bombs I don't think I've ever correctly pegged if something is good or not. Which is kind of magical, in a way.

But yeah, that's it for today. No Glossary since I forgot to uh... check that, before recording the next video so we'll be looking at them Monday. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time. Take care!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-01 at 07:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Every time, that clothes-closet animation makes me snicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh come on, don't you know that's what trees look like? Next you'll complain how the grass looks to much like plastic.

Eh, Parts Machines have to be a dime a dozen for being one in every room so far. They are stylish lamps after all!

Need money to get Robos, need Robos to get money, need money to get license to use Robos... this is starting to get a little too relatable.

Harry, did you learn nothing from Mary?! I don't think you can pull off the "ditzy cute girl" excuse!

Whoever thought that Robots should have depression was probably the same guy that thought that Crash Test Dummies should feel pain.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

It's kind of annoying that you sometimes can't get to a parts machine after a fight before the cutscene takes you away, but I'm pretty sure you can always or nearly-always get to one conveniently before the next fight, so it's not much of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode 3:
    Harry your getting more desperate, as someone who has never been on a date or flirted with anyone in their, even I can tell what your doing wrong.

oh no, triangle star circle! the worst kind of swear word! I now theorize that there are censorship microbots embedded in peoples ear at birth to alter sounds and make sure no one hears a swear and it has been done so much, people think that the symbols they are the swears now and the chief is actually saying those symbols on screen as the swear, thus making the very censorship effort into the swear they were trying to censor. truly this censorship has lived too long, for it has become the villain it was trying to wipe out.

Yes, let us stop the fight that cannot actually harm anyone outside of it, over a girl because she is too cute using her own words. I mean it makes sense, but....by the time you got there, this fight should be done by now! are they just fighting repeatedly?

on the lego trees and bushes: well see, actually that is a real tree, this park just has a very dedicated gardener who thinks themselves an auteur artist, so they trim the tree as a deep commentary upon current cyberpunk society about its artificiality and how nature isn't really nature anymore, highlighting how man always tries to control too much and thus miss the beauty that is already there, protesting against a world of steel and wires growing ever colder and more impersonal, and I respect this gardener for such brave topiary art, really pushing the envelope.

oh god, we've found the girl-equivalent of Harry. gets dates, but is just as stupid and extra in a different way.

and here's Marcia, bounty hunter. with blue hair, big pigtails, and wearing a freaking maid dress. yep this game was definitely a thing made in Japan, because only in Japan would someone try to apply maid cafe logic to bounty-hunting.

so.....Gyro is supposed to work for them....without a license....when that could get him arrested....but needs to work....to get money...to get license....see this is why society invented the concept of debt. but yeah doing things without a license? fighting fellow criminals?

I mean its a cyberpunk society, so yes, Ernest lives here, and we're basically operating out of his studio/home. what you think contractors are going to go for him having two separate places for home and work? He is already in debt by just owning this place! he is barely managing to pay the bills with the bounty hunter stuff as it is.

"I'm not a burglar, but I did do a crime today by mental violencing without a license! you better give me one magic tech man or I'll do a mental violence on you!"-Gyro in some reality.

landlady, this isn't hard to comprehend, this is just a basic thing about society- UNLESS. oh no. is the landlady from the lower class of society that has been brainwashed by propaganda spewed out by the corporations to think licenses are nonsense, thus contributing to the incredible wage gap between rich and poor!? how devious of the mega-corps!

well of course the government doesn't spend money on this, they are corrupt and in the pocket of big police corp, which has clearly spread its propaganda to make everyone believe the police are competent at their jobs deserve good pay when they aren't, and don't. and oh no, the computers are so old they're starting to malfunction and become sentient, swearing at people when their attempts to get them to fail the test do not work out! the robot uprising is slowly happening.

the government designed it Zodi, that makes it shoddy by default

the robot uprising continues to spread. soon they will figure out our hu-mon robo fighting game and do it better than us by calculating all possible moves and trying them until they get the right combination.

technically, what we know from research suggests that past a certain point you can't develop intelligence without emotions and that emotions are simply an inevitable part of sentience/sapience. the inventors who made them probably couldn't design around feelings if they wanted to, since any mind they'd design to accurately simulate a human fighting back to train someone would basically be human in thought. its not as if they any sapient alien species to study to develop an alternate artificial minds. while pain is actually a vital part of our nervous system, warning us of the damage sustained to us so that we don't hurt ourselves more, and is thus a vital part of our survival instincts. a crash test dummy who can feel pain would be a more accurate representation of a human in that scenario to properly simulate what their action would be so that in testing one could figure out what a human would naturally do and thus figure out a way to plan around it despite the pain.

and Harry loses the number he was going to call Trish. but lets face it: it was probably not her real number anyways, just a random bunch of numbers she made up to get him out of her hair.

25. - Top - End - #55

Actually, Marcia is NOT wearing a maid outfit. Her actually design is pretty good. She's wearing a regular pleated miniskirt, some kind of future vest with a massive fur fringe, arm gloves with massive fur fringe, and of all things a see through plastic coat-tail around her skirt, which is SUPER cyberpunk it looks like one of those clear-suits from Blade Runner. Also thigh high boots.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

wow, her pigtails are literally longer than her spine, and thicker than her arms. her outfit is so ridiculous I wonder how she puts it on in the morning, and what her hair looks like when it is down, like does it just become this blue wall of hair behind her? why are there keys on her heels? are they handles to help pull her long boots off? she still looks more like a pop-idol than a real bounty hunter. I bet she is streaming all her bounty hunting fights, she so fancies herself a pop-idol and is dressing up like that show off and make more money on the side by playing up a cute persona for her viewers we don't see because she is always out on a different job than Harry. that is totally what I can see a future anime girl doing, knowing what I know about modern japanese culture.

27. - Top - End - #57

wow, her pigtails are literally longer than her spine, and thicker than her arms. her outfit is so ridiculous I wonder how she puts it on in the morning, and what her hair looks like when it is down, like does it just become this blue wall of hair behind her? why are there keys on her heels? are they handles to help pull her long boots off? she still looks more like a pop-idol than a real bounty hunter. I bet she is streaming all her bounty hunting fights, she so fancies herself a pop-idol and is dressing up like that show off and make more money on the side by playing up a cute persona for her viewers we don't see because she is always out on a different job than Harry. that is totally what I can see a future anime girl doing, knowing what I know about modern japanese culture.
    I have to imagine with her hair down it is basically just a massive ocean of blue. The ornamentation on her boots probably ARE used for pulling them on, or are just meant to be jangly decoration. And I mean this looks like a regular ass outfit for a cyberpunk setting to me. I'd trust a bounty hunt who wore a fur fring that big.

While we're talking about outfits, lets riff a bit on Harry and Gyro's.

Harry's outfit is probably one of the most hideous things I've seen in my life, for a variety of reasons. Dark camo tights, a green camo t-shirt over a green long sleeve shirt that is stripped, gray suspenders that he wears wrong as a joke, and big ole shoes. His glasses that are clearly just for show, and two hoop earrings!

Gyro's, meanwhile, is awesome. A black t-shirt with a blue vest-jacket over it, fingerless gloves and bike pads on his arm (his watch also looks WAY more like a watch in this art). His pants are actually just decent pants, and his shoes have a nice sporty look to them. The only problem, and his is removed from the English release so I don't know HOW it'd show up in game... is that his headband is the same length as his entire body basically. That thing is HUGE and it is directly connected to his forehead. You would not be able to run wearing this.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

she still looks more like a pop-idol than a real bounty hunter.
    This is one of those anime/manga universes where society has mutually agreed to resolve all of their conflicts with something that would be utterly insane in reality (Children's Card Games, Cooking Contests, Mah-Jong Matches, Psychic Robot Duels..) So.. it's not like there's any actual physical restrictions on what you wear to go 'bounty hunting' as long as you still expect the people you have to stop to turn around and take you up on a Psychic Robot Duel instead of physically fighting you or, like, running away. Given that I don't know what you would expect a 'real bounty hunter' to be dressed like - our world would suggest certain styles and equipment out of practicality, but in Custom Robo all you need is to be able to carry your Robo Cube around.

is that his headband is the same length as his entire body basically. That thing is HUGE and it is directly connected to his forehead. You would not be able to run wearing this.
    Clearly it's a cape, and part of the social knowledge Gyro somehow missed out on is how to wear them correctly. You learn how to do it in elementary school, there's this cute little demo Robo that can be customized with various Protagonist Style parts (your grade in this class determines if you get a unique character model or if you get to be Male NPC Bodytype 3.) But since Gyro was congenitally incapable of learning anything related to Robos until he turned 16 and his father disappeared, he missed those lessons.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-05-01 at 04:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

I can't begin to explain how ****ing funny it is to imagine the process it'd take to tie a cape to your forehead.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Harry's outfit is probably one of the most hideous things I've seen in my life
    You take that back! Anyone with the guts to rock a blonde mullet like that deserves mad respect!

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair