New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Oh hey, let's do a Custom Robo!

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [5] Trouble At Daimon

Video Length: 19:29

Bit of a short video today, because some stuff happens in this episode that I wanted to keep separated from the rest of what I recorded, and because the game really just didn't give me a great point to stop due to there being no manual saves. The unfortunate truth of this game; as cool as it is that I own a physical copy I probably should have used an emulator for ease of use!

That aside, let's talk about the episode. We head off to Daimon (surprising Lucy with the fact that we got up this early) and... well, we encounter one of the realities of being a bounty hunter. Sometimes you break up a domestic dispute or lovers quarral. Sometimes you walk in on a dead body. And this time, we've encountered the latter. Thankfully, though for a given definition of the term, the police arrive and start to take over... but do request Marcia use her ESPer powers to find out what killed the guy, at least.

Because as it turns out, Marcia is way more psychic than everyone else in this universe, and is capable of hacking into Robo Cubes with her brain. They call it a half-dive, but essentially she can read the remnants of thoughts you had from your cube. Can't control your robo if it registered to you, but CAN take a peak inside your brain. And this goes for if you've died too, she can see your last moments. This was super unsettling to have just suddenly shoved into your face as a kid, and is part of why this game left such a strong impression. Marcia does so, and tells us of a... strange automated robo that seemed alive. That is what killed him, and that... is quite hard to believe from an in universe standpoint.

With that mess handled, we return to base and get our next mission for today; Bogey's got someone ruining his gambling tournament because they keep on sweeping everyone and winning, effectively running Bogey out of business by always betting on himself and getting the pot every time. We go to handle it, but Evil is there first coincidentally and challenges Gyro and Harry to a fight to see who deserves to take on this guy. We beat him, though it's rather rough, and head into the back room for some illegal robo fights! But that'll be for next time...

Mechanics wank time; we got the Metal Grappler last time, and I show off its moves today. It is slow and beefy, with a big spinning melee attack that is actually fairly effective. Typically they only have one big dash (and as I show off here, putting Long Thrust legs on just makes it longer!) so they're not very mobile in the air, but they make up for it by being able to tank a fair amount of damage. In game I kinda lost track of myself due to not being used to this robo and the leg thruster combo I had on, so I ended up getting torn to shreds and STILL survived. In something like a Little Raider or Tricky Flyer I might not have actually won there, so thanks you barrel chested robo friend.

And that's it for today. Like I said, shorter video. Next time however... next time will be fairly lengthy. Hope you all enjoyed, and take care!

------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I think Darksiders just decided to have its version of the horsemen and change them just because. plague and famine aren't exactly the most gameable concepts ever. not everything has to be 1:1 with the original myth. but then, I don't know Darksiders lore.

Zodi is your sense of time wrong? it did not take you a billion years to do that, it only took you a few seconds longer.

Envy is acting very greedy. wrong sin, try again.
    Believe it or not Darksiders lore is actually fairly indepth and well thought out.

Time no longer exists, plague time has consumed all.

So, funny thing about that... I won't spoil it, but things are not what they seem in this game.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Marcia does so, and tells us of a... strange automated robo that seemed alive.
    Interestingly, considering how they've consistently used 'robo' everywhere else, Marcia uses the term 'robot' once while talking about this thing.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Whooof, yeah. Sudden tonal shift. "Oh, yeah... DEAD BODY."

I'm personally rather a fan of powers more when they're "they're known, but rare" rather than "there's literally only one person who can do this", but... eh, just my personal preference.

Man, is it only the women in this game who are competent?

Oh boy. Non-robo robo autonomous robo. Robo.

Oh, okay, it is rare, not just one-of-a-kind. The fact that it's a known quantity makes me feel better about it.

Oh boy. Illegal gambling.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

With that mess handled, we return to base and get our next mission for today; Bogey's got someone ruining his gambling tournament because they keep on sweeping everyone and winning, effectively running Bogey out of business by always betting on himself and getting the pot every time.
    That... isn't how gambling works, unless the bookie's bad at it. Other people might be getting angry about the fight results, but a bookie should stand to make money regardless of which way the win goes. If he knows this guy is always winning, he should give the odds accordingly.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2020-05-08 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you can't set odds for someone who literally always wins; the only way you could make money is by luring people into betting against the dead cert. And I'm guessing underground robo fighting is a small enough world that you wouldn't be able to do that for very long. People would get wise. It would also get more and more difficult to find people willing to fight against this monster.

Also yeah, Marcia said "robot"! I thought that was a four letter word around here...
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Well, you can't set odds for someone who literally always wins; the only way you could make money is by luring people into betting against the dead cert. And I'm guessing underground robo fighting is a small enough world that you wouldn't be able to do that for very long. People would get wise. It would also get more and more difficult to find people willing to fight against this monster.

Also yeah, Marcia said "robot"! I thought that was a four letter word around here...
    I genuinely didn't notice she said robo with the forbidden T. I wonder if that is consistence with this particular entity...

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

I genuinely didn't notice she said robo with the forbidden T. I wonder if that is consistence with this particular entity...
    Everybody else in the scene is still consistently using 'robo', although so far Marcia's the only one who has seen a glimpse of it and has direct cause to think it might be something a little different. I would bet on an editing oversight, tho. Scriptwriter slipped up and forgot the style guide, there was a period too close to the end of the sentence so find/replace didn't catch the 'robot' to sub 'robo', whatever.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-05-08 at 04:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Everybody else in the scene is still consistently using 'robo', although so far Marcia's the only one who has seen a glimpse of it and has direct cause to think it might be something a little different. I would bet on an editing oversight, tho. Scriptwriter slipped up and forgot the style guide, there was a period too close to the end of the sentence so find/replace didn't catch the 'robot' to sub 'robo', whatever.
    She did say she didn't think it was a robo, first. Maybe "robot" exists as a broader category?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode 5:
    Whelp, we're starting off strong! we got a dead body, looks like someone battle too hard, but if you ask me it was a conspiracy by the mega-corps to silence him. he knew too much, and we have to figure out what he knew. nonsense, Zodi, we're just private eyes now, after all thats the only people who get anything done in a cyberpunk story.

oh so there is robos that just....move on their own somehow. great!

and Marcia can somehow speak to the dead. okay. and is apparently more talented than the police. so. proven incompetent once again.

yeah, this is taking quite a shift here, you'd think we'd be on some hot-blooded robo tournament or fighting some version of team rocket by now, but nope! murder case it is!

yeah, this is how reasonable police stuff generally goes in fiction. "we need your help!""its painful!" "we still need it though." and yeah, Ernest and Mira are reasonable people here. glad to see they're both cool head with good intentions when things get serious, they're the figures of authority I can trust.

No, Waluigi deserves every insult handed to him. he does not deserve the love he gets, just like Evil.

oh god, 2 on 2 is instant chaos. like a worse mario party game with mechs.

"yes I'm a fine upstanding citizen who doesn't tattle to cops about something illegal"- the cyberpunk mindset in a nutshell.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    No, Waluigi deserves every insult handed to him. he does not deserve the love he gets, just like Evil.
    The reason he gets so much love is because he never gets any love, so the developers can just do whatever zany thing they want with him, because it will never actually matter.
    (And Brawl in the Family probably helped, but...)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 5!

A dead body, and our Hatsune Miku partner is a psychic who can see and feel that dead person's last moments! And it all only gets better from here.

Also wow did I forget how much of a jerk Roy is. At least Mira is around to reprimand him, but still.

"You squeal, we'll deal" sounds awful and sleazy.

Illegal gambling, illegal booze, illegal murder, illegal [REDACTED BY THE CUSTOM ROBO GOVERNMENT], there's a lot to offer for a cafe with a false wall.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #102

In some places this episode is called Nice to Zed You and makes no sense as a pun.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [6] Nice To Zee You

Video Length: 35:24

In this episode, we check out Bogey's illegal gambling fight club. Then participate in it, all to beat the man antagonizing this fine establishment, who we learn to be a man called Shiner. And so begins the first of what will likely be many tournament style plot events. The audience is a bunch of shady drunks and scoundrels (plus two anime characters), our opponents are an assortment of randos from the world plus also Harry. There is not much to talk about beyond the fact that we get a fair amount of parts, and some of them are pretty good! We also get our first taste of how this game is actually pretty tricky, since none of these fights are really gimme matches.

Mechanics wise, we get a hold of Javeline, a Strike Vanisher model! Strike Vanisher's are, as Harry helpfully pointed out, the Luigi to Shining Fighter's Mario. They're about as average across the board as a Shining Fighter, but their in air capabilities are actually slightly better due to their dash being effectively a teleport. To contrast, their charge attacks tend to be not great, super short range and not as strong, but quick to come out (which has its benefits, as I do show).

After confronting Shiner, we notice that pinned to the garish lapel of his is a big fancy Z, so Harry surmizes he's from the Z Syndicate, a super secretive underground gang of criminals. Of course, as we try to aprehend him on he evidence of "is wearing the letter Z" the lights go out, and he's able to escape. Marcia comes in as the lights fix themselves, but after getting run into by that Legato Bluesummers looking *******, she freaks out and runs off. With little else to do with our day, we shrug it off, explore the city a bit, then return home for some shut eye.

And that's it for today! Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. Take care!

------

Glossary time! Lets do some word learns!

Spoiler: Glossary Ep 5 and 6
    Show

Half Diving, lke I said last episode, is honestly unsettling to me. From both ends; the idea of getting your brain read without you even realizing, and from Marcia's perspective of what it must be like to see the death of another person from their own eyes... to literally feel them die.

I could really go for some Chinese food right now... but alas, plague times.

So obviously these guys don't get access to the parts machine, but what if they did? What if all that experience doing manual labour allowed the autonomous robo to be granted a gatling gun? Remember these things are BIG, despite being small, that would be enough to kill a person probably. Just a thing that crossed my mind. Also I'm not 100% sure we never see a standard autonomous robo in this game.

There's something amusing about the fact that the only reason why Bogey's fight club is illegal is the gambling part. Sure sure, go ahead and risk your life on potentially dangerous psychic robot duels, but don't you dare make some money off it!

A mysterious organization indeed... wish the Glossary made mention of the very important point that "no one even knows what the Z stands for" because that's just really funny to me.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-11 at 08:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

As previously said, the Javelin is great. Its not-invincible-but-fast-and-no-cooldown tackle means I often took it with a short-range weapon and just mashed tackle to approach, alternating with wild airdash-teleports for positioning.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    As previously said, the Javelin is great. Its not-invincible-but-fast-and-no-cooldown tackle means I often took it with a short-range weapon and just mashed tackle to approach, alternating with wild airdash-teleports for positioning.
    Was I seeing what happened there correctly, in the fight against Harry - that attack comes out fast enough that you can hit somebody before the 'down' invincibility frames activate and juggle the opponent robo with it? Or is it just considered low enough impact that it doesn't actually trigger 'down' until you've whacked the poor fool with it like five times in a row?

15. - Top - End - #105

Was I seeing what happened there correctly, in the fight against Harry - that attack comes out fast enough that you can hit somebody before the 'down' invincibility frames activate and juggle the opponent robo with it? Or is it just considered low enough impact that it doesn't actually trigger 'down' until you've whacked the poor fool with it like five times in a row?
    You don't get invincibility frames until you hit Rebirth. So for the entire duration of Down you can get hit, I'm pretty sure. So the Javelin can just apparently juggle you with its melee attack pretty effectively!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode 6:
    He has a custom portrait, custom world sprite, blue long hair, a mask that badly conceals his features....yup we've found Marcia's lost brother and someone important to the plot. being in an anime videogame like this basically gives you a -20 to disguise checks because your too unique to ever truly blend in. not helping by the mask giving away you have something to hide.

oh here is the tournament arc. Gyro, believe in the Quirk of the Chakra!

wow, Paulie is even worse at disguise and inconspicuousness than Marcia's brother. (and no that is NOT a spoiler, I refuse to believe that, thats so obvious just from looking at him that even the children this game is intended for probably figured it out.) so yeah, the cops are not only incompetent, they're blatantly corrupt. great. more evidence that Police Corp is evil.

Walt, trying to gamble....and you just admitted you want extra money on the side then started begging and lying afterwards! not only is that lying, thats incompetent lying, Gyro has seen enough of your family life to know its not that bad, get outta here.

its not rude Zodi, its what works. its interrupting your foes movements, getting them off guard and making sure you maintain your offense, which is your best defense.

Shiners just your dime-a-dozen blowhard with an ego and a new toy, Gyro's got this. See? he got it.

"I don't know nothing"- ha! thats a double negative, you just confirmed our suspicions, idiot!

Marcia and her brother are even both wearing white clothes, how is this not eye-blastingly obvious?

"we've been here for three days, shouldn't we go home?"
    "to our abusive homes of parents who contribute to the oppression of the masses? NEVER."

yes cyberpunk does indeed make everyone realize chinese food is good- BECAUSE CHINA CONTROLS EVERYTHING NOW. ITS ALL PROPAGANDA.

is it.....an.....EEEEEEEEEEVIL SYNDICATE? *DUN DUN DUUUUUN!?*

technically a syndicate is just a bunch of companies working together for mutual profit, the only reason it has evil connotations is because it was used once to refer to a "national crime syndicate" purely because the media had to call it something and it was more informal than it sounds, and was basically just an agreement for certain criminal organizations to stay out of each other's way. but then again this is cyberpunk, so all corporations are evil by default, and thus a cyberpunk syndicate is even eviller.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, dialect jokes.

Gee. I wonder if this unique-model character is important.

Oh, Paulie. Ah, every character in this game sure is a character.

Ooh, yeah, that is a cool robo design. Can definitely believe it's top-of-the-line.

I'm sure that the only two characters so far with blue hair couldn't at all have any connection.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Any tackle is an automatic Down. When Downed you're completely vulnerable, and then when you get back up you're invincible for a few seconds. Most (all?) frames can chain multiple tackles, but most of them, the tackle is slower (but invincible, and in more interesting patterns than "dash directly towards enemy") so there's better things to do.

For all I know there might have been better things to do than chain Javelin tackle, too – certainly some weapons do a lot of damage up close, and would be decent competition – but this was silly. I think the Javelin and the Juggler should maybe have switched names, just for this.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #109

For some reason today I feel like, gnawing on a bone...

A Taste Of: MediEvil

Video Length: 31:01

Wow, I forgot how long this one was. So, here's an A Taste Of of the most recent remake of MediEvil. It's always going to be ammusing to me that this series consists of one game, one sequel, and two remakes of the first game. I also feel as though this version of the game, while clearly more faithful to the original PSX, is as a result a little slow on presenting what makes the game good and fun; the comedy. Gameplay wise it's fine, if a little basic by today's standards, but the comedy is what always struck me as immediately wonderful about the game series. Like, I can't actually find proof of it anymore but I'm pretty sure the PSP remake had writing done by Terry Pratchett! Imagine Terry Pratchett making lines for Death, played by Tom Baker! It's brilliant!

But yeah. Overall this game is okay. It's old, which isn't Bad by any stretch, but definitely shows when compared to modern games. Still fun, and I'd still say worth giving a taste.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, interesting. The opening cinematic led me to believe we were going to be playing as the necromancer sorry, sorcerer (and, really, 100 years is a pretty paltry time for these things ), but, I see we're our hapless knight friend. Looks like an interesting thing, in the vein of the arcade version of Gauntlet. The runestones especially remind me of that.

21. - Top - End - #111

A teeny bit rushed because I forgot to upload this in advance.

Zodi Plays: Halo [10] The Rising Tide

Video Length: 23:02

In this episode, we begin the level... I'll be honest I forgot its name. But it's the one that starts out in a dank, misty jungle that we need to explore to find our way down to where our buddies went. Unfortunately... what we find is a good deal darker than just Covenant and human violence. Enter the Flood, which we don't know the name of yet, a horrible mushroom zombie apocalypse from the looks of it. Hideously mutating bodies into undead servitors. I wonder what it could all mean... well, we're sure to find out eventually.

And that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

I can attest that the first time I played this, not knowing about the Flood at all, that first encouter was super shocking. From memory I'm pretty sure the number of enemies is the same whether you're playing solo or co-op, so even the smaller flood forms are really dangerous, and I don't know about anyone else, but I kept running out of ammunition against them.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm glad someone made the swamp characters jokes I was thinking of.

Yeah, if there's anything I wish Halo 1 did better, it was signposting. There's a lot of not quite making it clear where you're supposed to go, unfortunately. Waypoints are only used, like... a half-dozen times. Of all the things from the later games that I miss, it's that... and being able to make the Ghost go zoom to better knock over people.

So, hey, fun fact... when I was playing this mission, my game was a little laggy, so the Jenkins model got caught on a tree when the Marines were entering the structure. So all I saw for that part of the cutscene was foliage.

"Bad feeling about this" was Star Wars.

The Paranoid Marine you 'subdued' back there wasn't any of the named members of the squad - he's just known as Paranoid Marine. (And, fun fact, counts as neither ally nor enemy in the game's code.)

One thing I hate about the remastered version... there's virtually none of the aesthetic left. It's just another clean, bright alien base. No foreboding lighting. Just one tiny patch of blood on the walls. In fact, pretty much any time there's any blood or anything - that is 100% almost guaranteed to just be in the original and not the remastered graphics. It's stupid, because it takes the whole atmosphere away.

Anyways, yeah, this is a good moment - I had a friend who had zero idea that Halo would have a tone-shift, and she was all "oh, god, what is that, slappy-boys, agh!" And it was great. Because I knew about them before playing, so seeing someone's pure, visceral reaction to it... that was awesome.

Edit: Also, yeah, looks like the game and strength/numbers of enemis is not altered based on presence or absence of Co-op.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-05-13 at 11:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

On Halo Episode 10
    lightsabers are just deadly glowsticks, yeah. while star wars lightsabers use stupid soft science that doesn't make sense, I've seen a video of the realest possible lightsaber you can get: big hot glowstick, connected up to a big battery to power it, and its real dangerous, and basically just a 1000 degree knife on a bigger scale, anything it touches it slices through not because its sharp or anything, but because its burns and melts through it. glows orange. like unless there something revolutionary is figured out to store large amounts of energy in smaller packages, thats probably the closest we're gonna get.

maybe the needler's spikes turn blue when a human holds it?

ah yes Luke's father, its Han Solo right? right there all along. but it could be Bib Fortunata,

Yea the Flood was well executed in their introduction and how they are presented. it turned a shooter game with two sides into one with three sides, when normally you don't get much more complex than a single monolithic faction or type of enemies, and despite the Flood being arguably the worse of the two enemies, they managed to play with the dynamic in interesting ways and not have it be an immediate team up against the newly discovered threat.

25. - Top - End - #115

Let us once again delve into the depths of Darksiders... but this time, the past.

A Taste Of: Darksiders Genesis

Video Length: 26:55

Darksiders Genesis is, as said above, a prequel game to this series. And by prequel we mean aaaall the way back. All the way back to, well, Genesis. The Horseman have just finished clearing out the Nephilim, and are now being set on another task; kill Samael, one of the conspirators with the good ole big L himself. Joining us for the first time as a playable character, and for his effectively first appearance in the series, is Strife, aka Conquest, aka Pestilence. And his presence turns this game from a standard beat em up to a twin stick shooter... that is also still a beat em up at its core, completely with jumping puzzles and combo attacks, just all from a top down perspective.

To put it bluntly this game feels WEIRD, but surprisingly good. It's also multiplayer, so if you and a buddy have another copy of this you can play together. One of you is Strife, the other is War, a fitting combo. From what I've played of the game the two feel substantially different to play, War being far greatest at melee combat but obviously not having much in the way of range, whereas Strife's melee combat is a little finicky, but he of course has twin pistols so ranged is where he excels.

And that's it for today. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. Take care!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, Strife's just got that casual banter nonchalance that just makes him likable.

Seems like a fun game, and you even have reason to switch between the two. Neat.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

Regarding your comment on the Charred Council - nonsense, I'm sure that something that chooses to present itself as three stone heads with flaming eyes and mouths, claims to work to preserve some kind of cosmic balance, and threatens and distrusts its subordinates is completely trustworthy, reliable, and pure of heart. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden urge to go buy a bridge from someone.
    Last edited by Aeson; 2020-05-14 at 12:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Okay, let's get going. We have some Bounty Hunting to do... theoretically anyway.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [7] Tournament of Champions

Video Length: 24:20

In this episode, we step in to work only to be told we're getting a (presumably unpaid) day off... and also we have to spend our day off participating in a battle tournament! And also Ernest would be very happy if we say, happened to mention in our victory speech that we're from Steel Hearts and that we're the best. You know, for branding reasons. Just a suggestion. A suggestion we are expected to fulfill. Ernest is a good boss, but sometimes he is... a bit tasking.

That being said we definitely do need a break, walking in on a dead body is always kinda messed up. So lets enjoy ourselves with some robo-sports! The game also takes time out of its busy schedule to explain what all the stats mean on the customization page, something I genuinely did not remember the game did! Luckily I was correct on most all of them, though I believe I was wrong about what time meant for bombs and pods.

Our first two opponents consist of two familiar faces; Will, the son of our nextdoor neighbor, and Don, owner of the Daimon Chinese Restaurant. Will uses a Funky Big Head, and Don a Little Raider, so of these two the child has a higher chance of winning just by sheer statistically superiority... though given Don uses the cool Drill Gun he at least understands what makes a powerful weapon. Poor little Will is stuck with a three way; a decent gun for sure, but when you're fighting a Strike Vanisher like the Javelin, with Long Thrust legs, and a flamer... well, you're gonna have a bad time.

Which is to say my combination experiment was a success. Goodness, it turns out if you can teleport across almost the entire stage very easily, invincible the whole time, you're going to be in good shape! Anyway, that's it for today (minus all the funny dialogue I didn't bring up). I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you next time for the conclusion of this first of what will be... a number of tournament arcs throughout the game. Take care!

Also, fun fact; for the entire recording session, which works out to be around four videos, there was not ONE Glossary Entry! What happen!?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

I think the strategy with the Little Raiders is something like "dodge a lot, but if you get hit, take full advantage of the Rebirth invincibility"? Dunno how it works in practice, but that's the best I've got. You get downed a lot, but you get up fast, and I don't think the Rebirth is any shorter.
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Aww. Poor Marcia.
    Also, man, nobody in this world other than her and sometimes our hero seems to have any compassion.