New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Man, the Javelin is so OP. Kind of reminds me of that moment in Zone of the Enders where you've gone through 99% of the game without too much trouble and think you're the boss... then you have to fight Anubis. Like, from the perspective of the NPCs you're fighting.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

On Episode 7:
    They've clearly been on anti-gravity tech to, to get those floating gardens. its all apart of the current research trends y'know? have to master gravity in order to make sure you can make those space opera FTL ships without having to deal with micro-gs all the time. unfortunately the military sponsored the tech first like many technological inventions and now we have anti-gravity weapons that send people falling into the sky until they die in space, or hit a plane. anti-grav is the new arms race, its why no one uses guns anymore, ever since those gravity fields that just make only bullets fall up too fast for them to do any damage, its just been pointless to try and use them, y'know? now there is a bunch of corpses and random junk floating in earth's orbit, all because the psychologists recommend soldiers use the anti-grav guns to take out people so that they fall away from sight for their mental health rather than experience the trauma of shooting someone directly. because making people fall up to their deaths is sooooo much better than just shooting them! ugh. not to mention the failed anti-grav cruise that people tried when the tech was early, that was a disaster! #RememberTitanicII

Ernest: hey crew, everyone gets a free tournament sign up today, its my special gift to you! It just so happens to be a good way to drum up publicity for our company, what a coincidence, completely unplanned. *shifty eyes*

yes Gyro can demand tutorials from people, its his birthright as a jrpg protagonist by ancient law. its in the legal inheritance and everything, if they don't give the tutorial, they'll get executed! after all being a protagonist is often equivalent to being a king or leader in many videogame rpgs.

oh, your fighting the neighbors kid. CRUSH HIS DREAMS!

yeah, Marcia's match against you in this tournament is probably going to be an early easy mode version of a later fight where she will be far more focused and tougher to beat. she is doing the custom robo equivalent of beating people in martial arts fights while reading a book in one hand right now. she is just that good.

oh your fighting the chinese restaurant owner. CRUSH HIS DREAMS!

Shrike: My Drill Gun is the gun that will pierce the heavens! GIGA DRILL GUN BREAKEEEEEEEER-
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 7:

[2:30] That's a mood

[4:42] Tough crowd, most of the tournament participants aren't there yet?!

[5:16] Aw, you were one chainmail grey shirt away going inside!

[7:10] I mean, if I had a chair like that, I definitely be Professor Xavier all over the office too.

[15:00] Finally get to fulfill your dream of fighting your neighbors' kid!

[19:20] Marcia not only won her first match while distracted is impressive as is, but also winning her second match quick enough to brood before yours even began is scary good.

[21:29] Yeah, I think this robo was the first game over I got, though I think the stage was also deceptively small so the Drill was especially effective there.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Hows about some Custom Robo?

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [8] Beauty vs Beauty

Video Length: 18:41

The back half of the tournament, in which we take our newfound friend the Ariel Beauty for a spin, jumping on top of Evil's head and then dueling against Marcia's own robo. They're both quite a deal harder than the fighters before them, but given the... gameplay style change that using a Beauty enforces, that's to be expected.

The Aerial Beauty is, as Harry said, kind of on the same level as Shining Fighters. They are faster, but weaker in every other way, but still decent enough to not be called weak in any of those categories. If Shining Fighters are Mario and Strike Vanisher's are Luigi, Aerial Beauty's are Peach. The thing that really sets Beauties apart from the other robos is that instead of a dash, they have a multi-jump system and... look, I'm sorry, but this is just genuinely inferior to dash. Multi-Jump has its uses but if I ever have to choose, I'm choosing dash 100% of the time. It just fits the flow of gameplay better in my opinion. That said, I can definitely see it working out if you're going for a more bomb focused build. It's quite easy to bombard enemies when you're so above them, after all.

After the tournament, we get up on stage to receive our accolades and... well, you'll see. After that wonderful, wonderful moment we sit down, preparing to go home so we can sleep off all the stress and strain caused by our forced day off. Damnit Ernest. But that'll have to wait until next time; I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all then!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Oh boy. Shallow people.

Ooh, the Beauty robots are my aesthetic~.

To be fair, he did give the tips on Marcia before the Evil fight, since you'd already fought Waluigi before.

Oh, huh. Different music fighting Marcia than normal battles.

...leave the speech-giving to Marcia, Gyro.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode 8:
    Again Marcia is basically being that one anime character who is so good, they are literally putting restraints on themselves and still winning effortlessly.

Mary meanwhile is being as...... flirty and flighty as usual, bribing her way to victory. sigh. and Gyro falling for her false promises immediately. of course. that girl ain't good for anyone. she needs to settle down a bit, try to take it slow....

yes, protag-boy, let us go forth and be....custom robo buddyrivals together. we both have dreams we need to achieve in our hearts and feelings that we can only express through our custom robos fists.....protag-boy....feel my happiness! my anger! and all my sorrow! SHINING FINGER!!! /animespeeches101

looks like Evil is lower than Harry on the loser hierarchy if even he can pull a "ignore the person right next to you then suddenly notice them" trick like that. ouch, thats really low, Evil, pretty much ground level. there is no hope for Evil of ever being taken seriously at this rate.

I mean.....you are using a custom robo bought by MARY of all people....of course its sexualized

well, Marcia DID lower your health more than anyone else, so it does indicate she is in some way more skilled than those around her.....

and Gyro immediately screws up by actually going through with advertising steel hearts and everyone being embarrassed/nonplussed as a result. classic.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 8!

...And is it too late to change the title to Beauty Contest?

[0:25] How many want to bet that Mary has been promising the same thing to all of her opponents so far?

[1:05] Marcia: "I mean I know I've been... distracted, but all of my opponents so far looked the same, it's started to blur together. Just how popular ARE those orange visors?"

[2:00] ...Welp.

[6:10] Gyro, you've already seen how long Mary's relationships lasts- and she's gone.

[6:50] Marcia: "Did I pay too much attention to the fight and not to my flashbacks of my tragic backstory that's now come back to haunt me?"

[8:50] Poor Evil, the Big Bad hasn't even shown up in the story yet, and Evil's already relegated to being a one-man Quirky Miniboss Squad.

[13:30] Marcia: "Of course I didn't, because I was bored of fighting all these faceless NPCs. And none of them even had an interesting personality quirk like Protagonist over there."

[18:00] At least he didn't use the "If you squeal, we'll deal!" tagline...
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    On Episode 8:
    Again Marcia is basically being that one anime character who is so good, they are literally putting restraints on themselves and still winning effortlessly.

Mary meanwhile is being as...... flirty and flighty as usual, bribing her way to victory. sigh. and Gyro falling for her false promises immediately. of course. that girl ain't good for anyone. she needs to settle down a bit, try to take it slow....

yes, protag-boy, let us go forth and be....custom robo buddyrivals together. we both have dreams we need to achieve in our hearts and feelings that we can only express through our custom robos fists.....protag-boy....feel my happiness! my anger! and all my sorrow! SHINING FINGER!!! /animespeeches101

looks like Evil is lower than Harry on the loser hierarchy if even he can pull a "ignore the person right next to you then suddenly notice them" trick like that. ouch, thats really low, Evil, pretty much ground level. there is no hope for Evil of ever being taken seriously at this rate.

I mean.....you are using a custom robo bought by MARY of all people....of course its sexualized

well, Marcia DID lower your health more than anyone else, so it does indicate she is in some way more skilled than those around her.....

and Gyro immediately screws up by actually going through with advertising steel hearts and everyone being embarrassed/nonplussed as a result. classic.
    Protagonist uses Beam Zero One, whereas Gyro uses Ray Oh One, and together they can have cool fun adventures in having kind of bad dads!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Episode 8!

...And is it too late to change the title to Beauty Contest?

[0:25] How many want to bet that Mary has been promising the same thing to all of her opponents so far?

[1:05] Marcia: "I mean I know I've been... distracted, but all of my opponents so far looked the same, it's started to blur together. Just how popular ARE those orange visors?"

[2:00] ...Welp.

[6:10] Gyro, you've already seen how long Mary's relationships lasts- and she's gone.

[6:50] Marcia: "Did I pay too much attention to the fight and not to my flashbacks of my tragic backstory that's now come back to haunt me?"

[8:50] Poor Evil, the Big Bad hasn't even shown up in the story yet, and Evil's already relegated to being a one-man Quirky Miniboss Squad.

[13:30] Marcia: "Of course I didn't, because I was bored of fighting all these faceless NPCs. And none of them even had an interesting personality quirk like Protagonist over there."

[18:00] At least he didn't use the "If you squeal, we'll deal!" tagline...
    Damnit that's a way funnier title for a video.

God, I kinda wish he did now. That's be wonderful.

9. - Top - End - #129

I'm dumb posted the wrong Halo today putting it in a new post now.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-20 at 08:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Did I miss an episode, or did you jump from #10 to #12?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

11. - Top - End - #131

Oops! Fixing this.

12. - Top - End - #132

Sleep tummy hurty Zodi accidently posted the wrong video and has been shot. New and improved still stomuch hurty Zodi is here to put the right video up now!

Zodi Plays: Halo [11] Mushroom Samba

Video Length: 24:52

In this exciting episode, we finish up with our introduction of the Flood, getting to meet all but the last "type" of them, and generally having an okay if confused time getting out of the area we spent all this time getting into. But at the end... something weird happens! Time for an abrupt shift of location! But we'll get into that next time...

Hope you all enjoyed this CORRECT, INTENDED TO BE RELEASED VIDEO. Doof. See you all next time.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Whoops! Hope you feel better soon, Zodi!

I'm just remembering that you're playing on Heroic, and thus are going to probably do way better than my friend and I playing. We died on Normal. A lot.

Huh! I didn't know about that 'friendly Flood' easter egg. Neat!

I do not think that you had to go to the elevator. I don't remember stumbling on that while we were trying to remember the way to go. ...it would have explained why the heck my memory was inconsistent with where we were when backtracking. Huh.

So, the elevator shaft completely covered with blood reminds me that... the newer graphics just don't have that. Pretty much any time there's a bunch of blood around? Not really visible. The green falling goop is not that visible. It definitely makes things have less of an impact, and takes away the part that makes this level good conceptually - the dark, horror aesthetic, where you're lost, seeing the effects of these creatures, fighting through hordes of them. The new graphics have it all cleaner, and you're just... wandering through rooms.

I found the shotgun super useful for the flood. That plus AR solved a lot of problems. Can't speak for Halos 2 and 3, but I found it about as good as in Reach, where it's pretty dang useful if close-up is your proclivity. Which... with the Flood, they'll make it close-up.

Em didn't drop you from the second energy bridge. That one was on the fritz to make sure you couldn't cross - flickering in and out.

Floaty robot friends! :D

Oh boy. The Library.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

I also like the shotgun against the flood. It's absolutely horrible against the covenant in a conventional firefight though.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

15. - Top - End - #135

Video release slightly delayed because I am a sleepy bitch.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [9] Nerd Bench

Video Length: 25:27

With our mandatory vacation battle tournament finished, it's time to wander around aimlessly and talk to people! This episode is honestly a fair amount of talking, but a signifigent portion of it is VERY good from a comedy standpoint, and honestly from a world building standpoint as well. It's fascinating to see the NPCs develop as you play, and to be able to... for lack of a better term, recognize these faceless NPCs because of the dialogue they're giving. The bench couple, the two Z Syndicate rumour mongers, Protagonist and his Father. I think it is really cool, and that a TON of effort has gone into the localization of this game, and it shows.

It shows even more when, after a good night's rest, we get called in for our next job; head over to the lab to help guard it. Wherein we find a plethora of clickable objects, some of which give rarer extra responses that I don't realize I hadn't seen when clicking! It's a shocking amount of text! But yeah, the IMPORTANT stuff is this; we, and Evil of all people, are going to be guarding this place from whoever might want to break in... and after a quick sweep of the lab it is abundantly clear that the person in question is QUITE adept at breaking in... to the point that it might be an inside job.

But exploring that possibility will be for next time. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you then!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Oh man! Everything has unique text! And it's all comedic! I love when games do that! A lot of this heavily reminds me of Star Force. "Oh boy, a button!" "I want to press it!" (Sadly, there's no pickups here, so they can't pull the joke "pick up an item" thing.)

Yeah, this place seems kinda… sketch. Locked emergency exits, people going in and it not being actually reported,

"I'm sure that that robo's 30 meters." Pretty sure you mean 30 centimeters. 30 meters would be, like, a 9 story house.

...oh boy. You never change, do you, Harry?

I feel bad for Marcia. Like, dang, Ernest, you said she was your best, let her have a mental health day or two, geez.

Oh, good. Do a maybe-crime.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

And if that robo is 30cm, Gyro is very short!

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

The text you missed about the bench was:
    "What's with all the benches in this place? Are these guys so lazy that they gotta rest every ten feet?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

The restaurant owner was in the tournament to try to get money, right? But the kid in the park points out that there was no prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Oh man! Everything has unique text! And it's all comedic! I love when games do that! A lot of this heavily reminds me of Star Force. "Oh boy, a button!" "I want to press it!" (Sadly, there's no pickups here, so they can't pull the joke "pick up an item" thing.)

Yeah, this place seems kinda… sketch. Locked emergency exits, people going in and it not being actually reported,

"I'm sure that that robo's 30 meters." Pretty sure you mean 30 centimeters. 30 meters would be, like, a 9 story house.

...oh boy. You never change, do you, Harry?

I feel bad for Marcia. Like, dang, Ernest, you said she was your best, let her have a mental health day or two, geez.

Oh, good. Do a maybe-crime.
    AS I SAY IN VIDEO, I don't know what a distance is

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    The text you missed about the bench was:
    "What's with all the benches in this place? Are these guys so lazy that they gotta rest every ten feet?"
    Aah, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The restaurant owner was in the tournament to try to get money, right? But the kid in the park points out that there was no prize.
    He would have done what Gyro did and advertised his shop. "We just spent like five hours doing this come to Daimon's for food!"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Maybe he had something going on the side?

It might be a bit of a stretch, but it's also plausible that what the kid at the park meant was that there wasn't a trophy rather than that there wasn't any prize at all.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    AS I SAY IN VIDEO, I don't know what a distance is
    Was just a funny image to me.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Episode 9:
    Robots have rights to y'know, they get their workshifts and mandated breaks like everyone else. granted this is cyberpunk, so the workshifts are twelve hours and the breaks are one minute, but they still have them like all the other corporate drones in this jungle of steel, concrete and false advertising. robot lives matter too y'know.

of course Ernest is the only one happy with this.

wait.....earthquakes. without being in the news? I smell a conspiracy. someone is doing a cover up! there is some big custom robo underneath the chinese restaurant being secretly built to be some super weapon isn't there!? and I bet it has nukes to, where is Solid Snake when you need him?

these two lovers are so totally teens who eloped and just live in the park now to escape their families. I bet their lovey-dovey act is just there to keep them from acknowledging the true reality of the situation, keeping them from going insane by living in denial.

you are now Inside The Thing™.

no, no push button, randomly pushing buttons leads to the stupids.

wearing glasses just to look smarter is the opposite of nerdy I'm pretty sure. because it implies you use it as a social tool to blend in with crowd you run with and/or define your role to others so they "know" your smart on sight rather than any logical functional use, when a real nerd just wears them because they often read books and thus get nearsighted as a result, never having cared enough about how they look to others as long as they themselves can see things right.

see, you know its a depressing cyberpunk future when the company puts up meaningless motivational posters and slogans like that. because it tells you that they saw their morale was bad already and decided to try and fix it using the laziest cheapest way to do that, like someone trying to bandaid on it.

Evil, working for free? suspicious. I think its logical that its Dark Blue itself who is actually doing all the breaking, entering and destroying cameras. after all, you get what you pay for when it comes to mercenaries, and there is no such thing as a free mercenary.

wait the police distract the populace and put on tournaments?....oh no, this is even worse than I thought, the police are glorified propagandists. custom robos are nothing but a distraction from the real issues of this world! what is it the police don't want us to know!?

....Marcia do you have some feelings for Linda your not talking about? :P I kid. but yeah, Evil/Dark Blue is so totally doing this, like its so obvious. like sure they COULD fake us out here, reveal the real threat, but from this information one could easily conclude that of the people doing this, Dark Blue or Evil are the ones most likely to since they're working for free (which simply doesn't happen, money makes the world go 'round and if they're not gaining money legit, they're making it some other way...) its either that or that one guy with smaller text who wears glasses just to look smart, his reasoning is too social-oriented for this kind of crowd.

Harry, Harry, Harry.... *shakes head*

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 9:

[0:40] *triumphant instrumental version of the anime title theme plays in the background*

[0:55] *record scratch* "Again I ask, WHY DID THEY MAKE THE CRASH TEST DUMMIES FEEL PAIN?!"

[1:38] Ah yes, the most threatening of security: a man in a lab coat.

[1:50] You know, Protagonist's Dad is a pretty good dad, but I'm starting to think that's the problem, as anime only really has Dead Dad, Bad Dad, or Not-In-Any-Material Dad, and this man doesn't fit any of them. Yet. *loads gun*

[2:30] While Raziere throws cyberpunk tropes at wall to see what sticks, I can assure you that's there's no conspiracy whatsoever, just the cost of living in the designated LA Chinatown-town of the city. As designated by the Custom Robo Government, it must have an afternoon earthquake that lasts 5 seconds on the hour. At least it's not Bogey's, what with it being in the designated downtown area with it's designated late night back alley murder. Speaking of, I should speed this reaction along...

[6:50] Ernest was 100% writing poetry when you went up to him, can't convince me otherwise.

[8:50] ...then which scientist dude did I actually murder in Bogey's back alley for the Custom Robo Government then?

[10:57] Wow, Gyro was right, Linda does live in her lab!

[11:30] ...That explains why he said "yeah whatever" to me...

[14:40] Wait, even the employees have no idea why the doors are locked?! I thought it would be like an employee issued key or something!

[17:06] Okay, I take back what I said about Raziere's methods, because she's clearly right about the cops being glorified propagandists.

[19:40] While digging around, I found that apparently there's an upcoming spiritual successor Synaptic Drive that's also produced by him coming to the Switch on May 28.

[23:30] DANG is it roast Harry o'clock?! *looks at clock* Huh. [23:40] GEE, I WONDER WHY

[25:00] Harry, your sister is the designated GOOD cop, I'm surprised you don't know what unethical means.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

25. - Top - End - #145

So, funny thing about Synaptic Drive! I was gonna mention this at some point during the LP but heey, scroll down and look at who is in charge of the game's development.

It's Kouji Kenjo.

As in, the guy who was head Producer of Custom Robo for the gamecube. Synaptic Drive, kinda bad art decisions aside, is not a spiritual successor, it is a direct lineage. To put it bluntly, it is Mighty No Custom Robo.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

[1:50] You know, Protagonist's Dad is a pretty good dad, but I'm starting to think that's the problem, as anime only really has Dead Dad, Bad Dad, or Not-In-Any-Material Dad, and this man doesn't fit any of them. Yet. *loads gun*
    Sure he does. You just can't look at it from the point of view of a side character like us. Does the protagonist see his dad much? No. There's your solution!
    Besides, he probably has dead other relatives to serve as inspiration fodder instead.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

[17:06] Okay, I take back what I said about Raziere's methods, because she's clearly right about the cops being glorified propagandists.
    *pulls up crazy conspiracy theory board complete with tacks and string connecting them*

tHeY hAvE nOt FaIlEd Me YeT. *puts on lead hat, tinfoil is for fools who like to be vulnerable to radio signals*

Spoiler: Spoilers???
    Show
    now if the police are doing nothing but organizing custom robo tournaments to distract people, and the laboratory is also making custom robos for entertainment, and the nearby facility is for going up higher ranks in custom robo, and there is mysterious earthquakes in Daimon which also had MURDER happen there, clearly this means the whole government is robo based- BUT WHY? why would the government care about a simple yet popular GAME? Why are the spending important resources simply to fund research into this? why have everyone buy a cube to play this game?

the answer is in Daimon. you see the REAL potential of custom robos has not yet been explored! if one can use this technology to create entire battlefields and robos within them at people can control- why stop there? Why not making bigger greater, more complex virtual realities that people can play in to do more complex things than just fight with two robots? unless there is some sort of limit that they have not yet figured out, and they need something to get around this, like more power or something. and the results of bringing even greater holosseums into existence larger than the ones we see could have unsafe consequences like causing big vibrations to radiate out from a big holosseum suddenly coming into existence.

but why are they keeping it secret? due to the Neon Genesis Evangelion Principle that any anime government with a secret agenda will be trying to achieving some sort of twisted unity through a hivemind, obviously the custom robo government is seeking to create a massive holosseum to pull the entire city into it, and live out a virtual reality life in a permanent dive in an attempt at creating a false paradise, but that doing so will cause great tremors throughout the city as a result. the tremors will cause a great earthquake that will kill everyone while they are in the super-holosseum thus trapping them there forever. the cubes are all actually the devices used to force people into this false paradise you see, and capture their minds within it. thats why Marcia's deep dives to perceive their last thoughts can work at all, as they are the prototype storage capability to store entire people's minds within them!

Clearly Linda is apart of Syndicate Z working to make this happen, Evil will turn out to not be connected to this at all and just a scoundrel working his own selfish gain whose bumbling leads you to finding the truth, Gyro's father and Marcia's brother both are in on the plan to put everyone in a virtual false paradise, and Gyro must stop them before all become trapped in eternal custom robo valhalla!

also the sky is green, pigs fly and the illuminati control everything. how I came to these conclusions is something that only a galaxy brain can truly comprehend.

28. - Top - End - #148

Video's a little late due to me lounging and sleeping in just a little bit.

Zodi Play: Robo [10] The Zee Syndicate

Video Length: 36:22

In this exciting episode, we neglect our actual duties to snoop around the offices trying to find out the truth on who really did this... only for this to immediately backfire spectacularly, allowing the enemy to break in and start rummaging through the place! But it's a double blind, because once we rush to investigate they proceed to break into the rest of the lab! How devious and or suspicious of certain people in our group!

However, as luck would have it, we end up finding some of the enemy; the Z Syndicate, dressed in if I may be honest very cool outfits. We fight them, but the implicit nature of Custom Robo fighting means they kinda get away anyway, but presumably we stop them from stealing what they wanted to steal. After some futzing around trying to find more of them, we end up facing down what appears to be their leader! A woman is a rather gaudy (but still kinda good) outfit, using an ILLEGAL ROBO, and an illegal gun as well! Illegal parts are uh... as you can see in the fight, pretty damn substantial.

Thankfully, after a little hiccup, we do manage to defeat her. She pull the classic "I'll let you go" villain thing, but in a stunning swerve of writing everyone else is like "naw you beat her don't listen that nonsense" which I quite like. And with the rays of the morning sun glistening out across the now rather ransacked lab... it is time to go home and sleep for an entire day. After talking to random people, as is the norm. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time for... a fun time.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 10:

[0:10] Ah yes the A button. The A button on the controller. The A button on the controller, not in my hands, but in the hands of the player. That A button. Got it.

[3:50] It's kind of funny how nonchalant he looks about a suspect fleeing the scene.

[12:15] Yeah they look pretty cool. Also they aren't falling over like bowling pins when you beat them up, so they must be tougher stuff mentally too... unless Gyro forgot to switch off the safety, whoops.

[16:20] "That is an outfit" And an eyeful with that pose. Though given that Eliza's supposed to be Evil Catwalk Model, this may well be the most normal outfit she has.

[21:15] Yeah that robo is pretty tanky, and gatling seemed to leave you too vulnerable for too long.

[23:30] And she's just casually walking away. Gyro, are you sure you remembered to take the safety off?

[26:10] To be fair, the things smashed on the ground is totally Evil's fault.

[28:03] As a cashier; mood.

[30:25] As a cashier; EW! No way that stuff lasts more than a day!

[31:20] When you're doing bounty hunter things, duh. Though that DOES raise the question of why is the safety is even a thing in the first place for consumer Robos. Police or Bounty Hunters fine, but these are used by children! And it was implied to have been turned off by default when we got the Ray 01!

[34:00] Well ain't that wonderful...
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

[31:20] When you're doing bounty hunter things, duh. Though that DOES raise the question of why is the safety is even a thing in the first place for consumer Robos. Police or Bounty Hunters fine, but these are used by children! And it was implied to have been turned off by default when we got the Ray 01!
    In the case of the Ray, at least, it was a prototype. Maybe it'd be sold with the safety on. Or maybe eye-scan registration doesn't work with the safety for some reason.

EDIT: Throwing Pod is a very bomb-like pod, and Mine is a very pod-like bomb. There's a few tiny-range guns that are very tackle-like, as well. Possibly bomb-like or pod-like guns exist too? I don't remember.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2020-05-25 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew