New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I've not. It's one I always thought sounded cool, but was never able to get my hands on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I think I might have played it for a very very short time owned by someone else? Or just saw it in a store? I didn't have a clue what it was until long after that, at which point I emulated.
    The biggest negative I could give is that the story mode takes a long time, and some people aren't into the dialog/repetitive fights. But some people are also not into good hygiene or nice music, so maybe there's no accounting for taste.

I remember when I was young, though, and I rented this game from my Blockbuster so often that one of the employees recognized when I was coming in for it, and he actually battled me in store. I kicked his ass. To be fair, I used the Dragon, which is as broken as it is awesome without being illegal.

But no, friggin' love this gem. I wish I didn't have such a crazy shift; I'd be down for hosting/playing with peeps in the multiplayer through Parsec or other schtuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I think the little ring things on Marcia's boots are what people are saying are keys. Key rings are basically just keys, I guess.

So, the INTENT of Gyro's design is that it is a HEADBAND that is just REALLY REALLY LONG. We of this thread have decided he just tied a cape to his forehead because Gyro doesn't understand things.
    Probably the image is that the "key-prongs" are in the boots themselves. So it's just the key-handle that's seen as the dangly bits.

I don't care, though. I'd still wear the outfit. And want that much hair.
    You can't be Anime without Ridiculously Impractical Accessories!

Still though, I agree. The outfits are awesome. And frankly, I'm a sucker for a girl with long hair; I just wonder what it'd look like without being bunched like that. I think her tails beat Sailor Moon's...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    You can't be Anime without Ridiculously Impractical Accessories!
    Hey, I mean, they can be ridiculously Semi-practical.

And frankly, I'm a sucker for a girl with long hair;
    Yep, that's a big mood there.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-06-09 at 10:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh hey, Halo. That's a game I'm playing too!

Zodi Plays: Halo [14] Exactly One Betrayal

Video Length: 26:01

A friend of mine tried to explain it that, Guilty Spark thinks we betrayed HIM by not knowing all the stuff he knows and not firing off the weapon like a good little boy, so WE betrayed HIM and thus HE betrayed US in return, and... I'm not sure that's valid? I don't know.

Anyway hey it turns out the back like, third of Halo sucks. It's time to go through that entire snow level again, but backwards, and harder. We did however learn a special fun keyboard command that'll make future stuff a touch more interesting, potentially.

But yeah. Hope you all enjoyed, it is time for slog. Take care everybody.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Yeeeeeah, pacing is... not this game's strongpoint. Gets a lot better later on in the series.

You're still on Heroic, right? Even a few hits there can be fatal. But, yeah, lot harder to see in the thick of things.

Yeah, it's neat to be able to toggle the graphics back and forth like that. I made sure to do it at least once a level, and turns out there's a cheevo for that!
    ...and then trying to toggle the upgraded graphics on Halo 2 crashed my game.

In Halo 1, Fuel Rod Guns have a dead man's switch, and so will explode when the grunt holding it's dead. It's stupid. Later games let you use the cool gun and the cool sword, because they realized making enemy-only weapons was less fun.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

RE: dying so easily, the plasma mortar on the tank does a ton of splash damage over a huge area. The rocket launcher is there for a reason! Also I don't know how much attention you're paying to the shield and health bars... on Heroic and Legendary, it's worth taking cover when your shield is low, because your meat health does not last long without it.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

6. - Top - End - #216

Yeeeeeah, pacing is... not this game's strongpoint. Gets a lot better later on in the series.

You're still on Heroic, right? Even a few hits there can be fatal. But, yeah, lot harder to see in the thick of things.

Yeah, it's neat to be able to toggle the graphics back and forth like that. I made sure to do it at least once a level, and turns out there's a cheevo for that!
    ...and then trying to toggle the upgraded graphics on Halo 2 crashed my game.

In Halo 1, Fuel Rod Guns have a dead man's switch, and so will explode when the grunt holding it's dead. It's stupid. Later games let you use the cool gun and the cool sword, because they realized making enemy-only weapons was less fun.
    I'll be sure to keep that in mind! And yeah, still Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    RE: dying so easily, the plasma mortar on the tank does a ton of splash damage over a huge area. The rocket launcher is there for a reason! Also I don't know how much attention you're paying to the shield and health bars... on Heroic and Legendary, it's worth taking cover when your shield is low, because your meat health does not last long without it.
    I have been paying nearly zero attention to my life bar, so that's on me.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be sure to keep that in mind! And yeah, still Heroic.

I have been paying nearly zero attention to my life bar, so that's on me.
    Yeah, friend and I definitely felt challenged at times on Normal, so I have no shock at how much you're dying here. You're doing way better than we would.

And Halo's health definitely feels a lot... less than many modern games. Even modern Halos.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, friend and I definitely felt challenged at times on Normal, so I have no shock at how much you're dying here. You're doing way better than we would.

And Halo's health definitely feels a lot... less than many modern games. Even modern Halos.
    Except ODST! I thought that one did a pretty good job of making you feel squishier due to not having the Mjolnir armour, without making a game filled with super-deadly space guns unplayable.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Halo 1 feels bland now in large part because so much of what it does/established has become standard practice and refined.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode Halo 14:
    the reason is because DRAMATIC REVEAAAAAL!!!

the problem with the whole "kill food to kill Flood" thing is that if you can make that big of a pulse to kill everything, why not just detonate the Halo itself or the star its near to generate a supernova so that the remaining Flood just burns away. it would make more sense and still be threat dramatic enough to warrant go against it. I don't see how the Flood could survive a supernova, do you? because if you make life-ending pulses of presumably heat and energy go up to that many light years, then a supernova should be easy.

I dunno.... I think I prefer updated graphics. un-updated looks foggy and murky.

but yeah, its a little sad that the game got innovated out. its music is still good though. and master chief's appearance is just iconic.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    the problem with the whole "kill food to kill Flood" thing is that if you can make that big of a pulse to kill everything, why not just detonate the Halo itself or the star its near to generate a supernova so that the remaining Flood just burns away. it would make more sense and still be threat dramatic enough to warrant go against it. I don't see how the Flood could survive a supernova, do you? because if you make life-ending pulses of presumably heat and energy go up to that many light years, then a supernova should be easy.
    Well, sure, if it's just an infection here, but the installation wasn't exactly designed to do that. It's rather hard to dig a hole with a gun, after all.

And, as mentioned, the flood only feeds on sentient life. If you kill all life everywhere, it can never regrow. But leaving non-sentience? Well, it can rebound. Eventually.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode Halo 14:
    the reason is because DRAMATIC REVEAAAAAL!!!

I dunno.... I think I prefer updated graphics. un-updated looks foggy and murky.

but yeah, its a little sad that the game got innovated out. its music is still good though. and master chief's appearance is just iconic.
    The rings were designed to wipe out all the Flood in the galaxy, a supernova in one system wasn't gonna cut it. And Guilty Spark doesn't want to destroy the Ring, it's all he's got.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Well, sure, if it's just an infection here, but the installation wasn't exactly designed to do that. It's rather hard to dig a hole with a gun, after all.

And, as mentioned, the flood only feeds on sentient life. If you kill all life everywhere, it can never regrow. But leaving non-sentience? Well, it can rebound. Eventually.
    Okay, then detonate all the Halos where Flood is contained, problem solved. Unless their spores can somehow survive blasts many times greater than any nuke and the vacuum of space and somehow magically travel lightyears to other worlds as those spores, you don't need to kill all sentient life. the forerunners have giant space stations that blast things 250,000 lightyears away or some other ridiculous distance while activating other space stations to do the same, at that point of technology you can remote detonate anything. you don't even need to go on the space station and blow up your own only spaceship to keep flood from piloting, you can just safely detonate it from some other place.

like seriously, the only way the flood becomes anywhere near an unbeatable threat is if they can magically travel FTL speeds and survive the vacuum of space like the tyranids with strange bioships, unless your an idiot and give them a ship to steal from you. if they can't even tyranid it up and grow bioships to get off planet, you can just exterminatus the planet they are on and its no problem.

....read the wiki, okay apparently the Flood's origins are extragalactic, and they can do a logic plague to take over tech and people at a certain stage, and are intelligent enough to start building things at a certain point but it still seems like they can be stopped by just not giving them ships to steal and travel with, at least in early stages.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

The Monitors are programmed to safeguard their installation, and to keep things running how they were supposed to. They don't really have the initiative to countermand things. There's more that I could get into, but I'm trying to stick to what's been conveyed in this game, and not explain anything that's explained in the EU or any subsequent entries. As we've seen, Guilty Spark was unable to fire the ring himself. It's beyond his programming, he needs someone external to do it. Presumably that's why he couldn't just teleport you to the Index - it's unauthorized, you need to go through security measures.

15. - Top - End - #225

No video today. Wasn't really feeling up to it, and spent a fair amount of time preparing and getting ready to release my novel, which is now out!

Next week, we return to Custom Robo... and some A Taste Of's, probably.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, then detonate all the Halos where Flood is contained, problem solved. Unless their spores can somehow survive blasts many times greater than any nuke and the vacuum of space and somehow magically travel lightyears to other worlds as those spores, you don't need to kill all sentient life. the forerunners have giant space stations that blast things 250,000 lightyears away or some other ridiculous distance while activating other space stations to do the same, at that point of technology you can remote detonate anything. you don't even need to go on the space station and blow up your own only spaceship to keep flood from piloting, you can just safely detonate it from some other place.

like seriously, the only way the flood becomes anywhere near an unbeatable threat is if they can magically travel FTL speeds and survive the vacuum of space like the tyranids with strange bioships, unless your an idiot and give them a ship to steal from you. if they can't even tyranid it up and grow bioships to get off planet, you can just exterminatus the planet they are on and its no problem.

....read the wiki, okay apparently the Flood's origins are extragalactic, and they can do a logic plague to take over tech and people at a certain stage, and are intelligent enough to start building things at a certain point but it still seems like they can be stopped by just not giving them ships to steal and travel with, at least in early stages.
    Paraphrasing a bit here cuz I can't find the exact quote:

"To those who come after and may judge us... know that a thousand other plans were tried and failed."

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

No video today. Wasn't really feeling up to it, and spent a fair amount of time preparing and getting ready to release my novel, which is now out!

Next week, we return to Custom Robo... and some A Taste Of's, probably.
    No worries! Take care of yourself first and foremost! Our free entertainment can wait.

18. - Top - End - #228

Okay, back to the robos.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [15] Dinner and a Show

Video Length: 38:19

In this episode, we go to Harry's place, have a nice dinner, and then the next morning get told by Ernest that we've got to go beat up some cops. They apparently want us to do it, so... sure thing! Not muuuch to discuss at the moment, but the NPC round up we end up doing is pretty solidly funny. Everyone's obsessing over the Z!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Things? Suspicious? I don't know what you mean. Nothing here in this town is suspicious.

Yeah, the park consistently has some of the best stuff.

Also, huh, the robots do have power cords. I always thought they were, like, R2D2s.

Aaaaaaa! High-res end screen! The change, it burns!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode 15:
    There is self aware and then there taking the running gag so far it starts doing laps....will the nameless npcs ever get names? Will they reach full enlightenment and realize they are in a videogame? find out next time on-*glitch* MONIKA SHALL RISE *glitch*-Z

The Z Search meanwhile is spreading to others, catching them in a loop of trying to figure what the Z stands for. little do they know it means absolutely nothing. it is meaningless and was only picked as a name by the Z Syndicate because it sounds cool for marketing purposes, then they spread this memetic plague to make sure people are wondering in confusion unable to stop them.

Wendy, the small child brings up a good point why CAN they afford four robos, marvels of their modern science but a simple bag or toupee? its just leather and hair, thats lower tech, unless....organic materials aren't that easy to come by, which given the meat robo's revelations.....hm....

and interest is 24%? WHAT. that is incredibly concerning. that either implies that this family took credit from a very exploitative loaner....or there is a monopoly so the interest rate can be as high the loaner wants.

that nameless guy is actually right in a way, we don't see Z Syndicate all that often, so there is not much cause for alarm and the police acting like its no big deal would make it seem like there is nothing to be worried about. he is wrong but...the propaganda is effective.

wait...only those three were invited? 0_0 ITS A TRAP!

practice matches, why? these cops are acting so suspicious, there is something SO up with them!

this is either a test to make Gyro and Co. police themselves, or a way to entrap them for being threats. either way, I don't think Ernest is going to have employees for very long....like this setting is way too self-contained for there not to be some big twist coming, and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop at this point. there has been no mention of any outside world. no new locations other than the same few places, just constant tournaments with the police with any further investigation into the Z Syndicate. something just doesn't add up, but what?

if the police aren't doing anything about Z Syndicate...why would that be? why would the Z Syndicate not be a threat? Why would they be more concerned about hosting a tournament? Why would Linda not report the break in to the police? Why would Linda have reason to believe that the police wouldn't be useful? why would Gyro's father barely show up and then die? Why are people in this world so bored that they can find nothing better to do than think up of words that start with Z? For days on end? don't they have computers, internet, phones? Why custom robos?

so many questions. so little answers.

21. - Top - End - #231

Time for... perhaps a bit more than a taste...

Zodi Plays: Helltaker

Video Length: 31:13

You wake up with a dream. Demon girl harem. Time to bust into hell.

Helltaker is a completely free, and brutally difficult, puzzle game where you are the so named Helltaker, breaking into hair to pick up demon girls for your harem; although as the game progresses it becomes abundently clear that Helltaker's understanding of what harem means is something more akin to "the cast from Friends, maybe?" because the end result is that, aside from maybe one of them, they're just room mates and friends. It is honestly... really funny and wonderful and shockingly wholesome (hand holding is the kinkiest **** in the world!).

I uh, end up beating the whole game here, though I miss out on a fair amount of dialogue since I thought the life advice would be actual hints and not jokes. There's also a hidden ending that you can get, but I won't spoil it. Try it out yourself it is literally free! You can also spend some money to buy an artbook for the game, which includes some comics I think, as well as get the pancake (it's more of a crepe really) recipe, which... I will legitimately see about trying and tell you all about it.

So yeah. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. Take care, and remember; anything for demon girls.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Ahhhh, that's the game that's taken one of my servers by storm. Funny enough, but... I feel like I had it built up so much that it's rather kinda a disappointment, if you know what I mean. Nothing on the game, it looks to be a fun little quick diversion, and sometimes that's what you need.

23. - Top - End - #233

it's rather kinda a disappointment, if you know what I mean.
    *eyebrow wiggle*

I got you. I understand this.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

*eyebrow wiggle*

I got you. I understand this.
    The hype train giveth, and the hype train taketh away.

Also: *grumbles in unexpected gameplay change*
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-06-16 at 12:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

On Helltaker:
    Yeah, wholesome's good. I've nothing against wholesome. Its just not to my personal taste.

Yeah, this game is unforgiving if thats the first puzzle.

Yeah this game is unforgiving.

Yeah this hilarious and the characters play off each other well.

its just well....as dataninja says.

superbia....avaritia....luxuria.....it has become a danmaku game from puzzle, and your trying to evade your own avarice, luxury (greed?) and lust.

but yeah, it good, is funny, but short and wholesomeness unfortunately means there isn't much to be said about it. *shrug* but then I'm a sucker for things people find edgy, dark or strange and for more elaborate tales. so perhaps its just not for me. like maybe I'd go for it if there was more things to do and more dialogue, more time to spend with the characters but if you have only an hour or less to it, meh.

26. - Top - End - #236

I mean it is also free.

Luxuria is lust, Avaritia is avarice (so greed) and Superbia is pride.

Man when I do make these crepes I'm not sharing them with any of y'all. Sometimes you just want to look at cute demon girls in suits!

(I'm kidding I'd share if I could)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

I mean it is also free.

Luxuria is lust, Avaritia is avarice (so greed) and Superbia is pride.

Man when I do make these crepes I'm not sharing them with any of y'all. Sometimes you just want to look at cute demon girls in suits!

(I'm kidding I'd share if I could)
    Yeah, I know it's free. Was just a victim of the hype for me. And I'm still maybe bitter about unexpected gameplay changes being needed, rather than a fun side diversion.

I'd rather skirts and dresses as my preferred eye candy (but suits can be - and were - done well), but, to each their own. I begrudge you none.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Helltaker was cute. I like how all the sprites constantly bop to the music.

Congrats on the book launch, by the way!

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

I'd rather skirts and dresses as my preferred eye candy (but suits can be - and were - done well), but, to each their own. I begrudge you none.
    Same. Love skirts.

Though I'm also a sucker for victorian style dresses, sue me.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #240

Okay, enough cute anime girls. Time for shooty shoot blamblam gun haver game.

Zodi Plays: Halo [15] raF ooT egdirB

Video Length: 25:57

In this episode, we continue going backwards through this level to find exactly One(1) of the apparently three rooms we need to do to... I genuinely don't remember. Make the Covenant ship stop flying away? Stop the Sentinels from flying around? I legitimately don't remember what the purpose of this part of the game is which really speaks to how... not great it is!

That being said I hope you enjoy our slow descent into madness. Take care and have a good day!