New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content XVI: Yes, Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Excuse me, but scatophilia. It's a thing. That exist. Despite being an actual health hazard.
    Yes, but I chose the balloons because it's an everyday object that isn't the direct product of bodily functions and which most would go "huh. That's different" rather than react with total disgust.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    That sounds like a very disingenuous interpretation of Renee's explanation for saying what she said.
    I was going for facetious rather than disingenuous, which is why I followed up with a silly alliterative joke with a smiley face to hopefully indicate that I wasn't being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Yes, but I chose the balloons because it's an everyday object that isn't the direct product of bodily functions and which most would go "huh. That's different" rather than react with total disgust.
    This is the internet. Absolutely EVERYTHING can be assumed to be used in a disgusting manner. There's probably video of it, somewhere.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-08-26 at 08:48 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I was going for facetious rather than disingenuous, which is why I followed up with a silly alliterative joke with a smiley face to hopefully indicate that I wasn't being serious.
    My apologies then.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

May's pessimism borders on the pathological.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    May's pessimism borders on the pathological.
    Almost, but considering her life has been fairly terrible ever since robo jail, its not crazy to constantly think that something else will go wrong again. She is bumming apartment space, working a dead end job that barely supports her standard bills, her body is falling apart and she has to rely on basically charity (even before this) to get repairs done, and none of rokos attempts up till now to help her have accomplished much of anything.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #486

Griffon

She's also dead wrong about "strippers = good news".

If someone turned up at my door promising me news, but also brought along a cadre of scantily clad and very beautiful men/women, I would immediately assume that what they were going to tell me was bad news and that they were trying to distract me, or at least cusion the impact.

7. - Top - End - #487

I think she's just sniping. Something she still does reflexively, even though she's trying not to.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

She's also dead wrong about "strippers = good news".

If someone turned up at my door promising me news, but also brought along a cadre of scantily clad and very beautiful men/women, I would immediately assume that what they were going to tell me was bad news and that they were trying to distract me, or at least cusion the impact.
    If they show up with Stalin and Kennedy, they're probably there to demonstrate the importance of the Oxford comma.

"We went to the party with the strippers, Stalin, and Kennedy." vs "We went to the party with the strippers, Stalin and Kennedy."

"May went to the AI body store with the strippers, Roko, and Beeps." vs ""May went to the AI body store with the strippers, Roko and Beeps."
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2020-08-28 at 08:16 AM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

9. - Top - End - #489

Griffon

It's almost as bad as the time that my friend tried to tell me some news, but we were interrupted by the arrival of a Priest, a Rabbi and a Politician. I looked them straight in the eye and said, "Is this some kind of joke?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

It's almost as bad as the time that my friend tried to tell me some news, but we were interrupted by the arrival of a Priest, a Rabbi and a Politician. I looked them straight in the eye and said, "Is this some kind of joke?"
    I assume you were in a bar at the time?
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's almost as bad as the time that my friend tried to tell me some news, but we were interrupted by the arrival of a Priest, a Rabbi and a Politician. I looked them him straight in the eye and said, "Is this some kind of joke?"
    fify
    umless it nedded the extra comma ;-)
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well May clearly knows what she wants ... :D

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Well May clearly knows what she wants ... :D
    Yeah, this is starting to feel like the start to one of those stories where the girl eventually learns to be happy with what she has. There are a lot of variants but the general gist is, some girl is unhappy with her looks, finds a genie and tries to create the ideal body for herself (and yes big melons are a part of it) and for the first day or so she is super happy, then the downsides start showing up, (bad back pain, drooling idiot guys, people assuming she is an airhead because she is blond, etc etc etc) and she wishes she was at least closer to her old body again or some such thing. I think something like that will happen here. May gets a supermodel style robo body, enjoys it for awhile, then realizes it isnt "her" and changes to something else.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #494

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah, this is starting to feel like the start to one of those stories where the girl eventually learns to be happy with what she has. There are a lot of variants but the general gist is, some girl is unhappy with her looks, finds a genie and tries to create the ideal body for herself (and yes big melons are a part of it) and for the first day or so she is super happy, then the downsides start showing up, (bad back pain, drooling idiot guys, people assuming she is an airhead because she is blond, etc etc etc) and she wishes she was at least closer to her old body again or some such thing. I think something like that will happen here. May gets a supermodel style robo body, enjoys it for awhile, then realizes it isnt "her" and changes to something else.
    The moral to that story being "what you thought you want was actually society told you to want, and there's no point because there's no right way to be female, society will dump on you anyway", right? And since when has May cared what society says?

What a particular person might like, on the other hand ...
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

15. - Top - End - #495

I don't think what Traab said would really fit because it is not like she has a look that is the real her unless she got to alter the design the body she is in it is just the look of a body that was available. Yeah our bodies are random too and a major change would be weird because I am very used to my body but she hasn't spent that long in hers.

Also I don't think that would be saying quite what theangelJean suggests because it implies there is a right way namely not wanting big tits. Well it doesn't sound super thought out so she might think harder about how she wants it to look. But your tastes are still valid if they are "unsophisticated" or match preferences prevalent in society.

(Note: Not saying it won't happen I just might not be a fan of it happening.)
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2020-08-31 at 08:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496

I dunno, I just feel like this is going to go badly for may, there are honestly a number of potential directions this could go. All with wildly varying levels of possibility in no particular order.

May finds being a sex bomb isnt worth the hassle, ends up switching to a newer model of her current chassis
    May gets arrogant over her new fancy shmancy new body and develops an ego that causes her personal issues. (Im picturing all sorts of bells and whistles and fancy butt emblems and whatnot)
    We just get to have a new appearance for may and it changes little for her personally other than not having to worry about falling apart
    May and Sven wind up in a tumultuous and steamy romance as the newest pairing in the setting, after deciding they want more than random robosexing.
    May looks incredible, a model company contacts her and hires her to shoot their new line of merchandise, she becomes a billionaire and leaves to go join the various other characters that havent been seen in years.

17. - Top - End - #497

One one side, I hope that this doesn't turn into a morality tale like Winslow Gets a Body. But I don't see why it should: if we have a slim robot with a deliberately huge ass, then May may have her big bewbs.

Now that I think of it, May's behaviour after she gets her melons (or whatever she chooses) would somehow complete or tie in with Winslow Gets a Body.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

18. - Top - End - #498
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

My money is that she starts with ginormous, not as a morality tale but for the comedic joke potential of running into things, knocking stuff off shelves, etc. Then decides they are nice but inconvenient and scales back to something more practically reasonable.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

If that's the case we'll likely also get a bit involving Marigold about the impracticality of Big Anime Tiddies.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

20. - Top - End - #500

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    fify
    umless it nedded the extra comma ;-)
    "Them" as in, multiple people. I looked at all of them - and nothing said that my friend was a 'him', so 'they' is also appropriate for that, too.

As for May; as generous as her friends are, I'll be surprised if she gets a chassis as customised and tailored as Roko's, let alone one with customised boobs. Roko got hers because Crushbot is a highy paid (presumably?) professional accountant and has a REALLY good insurance policy, so unless Sven donated a couple thousand dollars I suspect she'll get something more normal, closer to Momo than Bubbles.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-08-31 at 02:07 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501

AssassinGuy

"Them" as in, multiple people. I looked at all of them
    so ‚Rabbi‘ wasn‘t specifying what type of priest the politician was that interrupted the conversation...
    hence „need the extra comma“
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

"Them" as in, multiple people. I looked at all of them - and nothing said that my friend was a 'him', so 'they' is also appropriate for that, too.

As for May; as generous as her friends are, I'll be surprised if she gets a chassis as customised and tailored as Roko's, let alone one with customised boobs. Roko got hers because Crushbot is a highy paid (presumably?) professional accountant and has a REALLY good insurance policy, so unless Sven donated a couple thousand dollars I suspect she'll get something more normal, closer to Momo than Bubbles.
    Roko's chassis wasn't customized, tho? It was just an up-market branded version of her existing one; she got the Rose Gold iPhone Plus instead of the iPhone whatever-the-current-mass-market-model-is-called. (Which was described to her as 'it's the same chassis, only there's a prestige mark on the butt', so it's possible all the extra features she's encountering aren't even extra features.. just things she never bothered finding out she could do until she had to try to learn to acclimate to being in a new shell.)

If we take Momo's body-shopping trip as still relevant, than 'normal chassis with a larger chest' is absolutely something you can get as an off-the-shelf chassis choice and would not require an abnormally large amount of money. Maybe a "We don't have any of those on hand, can you wait a week while we get one shipped in."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    That's definitely one of those life lessons that doesn't apply well to a speculative fiction setting, and in particular a setting in which the character in question is a robot capable of choosing a body basically at will, or at least with only the limit of available liquid funds. Having any sort of humanoid body is sort of a compromise for one who intended on being a fighter jet, and May could easily save money and be a toaster (or even buy the toaster chassis, a very slightly cheaper humanoid one, and switch off periodically*). Any sort of physical form she assumes is semi-arbitrary, and since all physical forms available to her are consumer goods and therefore held to certain basic standards of functionality (I doubt back pain would be an issue for a "top-heavy" robot for two separate reasons), May has only financial cost to deter her from picking whatsoever chooses her fancy.

That said, the Josefina seems somewhat less grotesquely oversexualized than what the previous strip had seemed to suggest. I suppose May hasn't actually said she wanted it yet.

*I had picked the toaster as an example of a small, seemingly inconsequential sort of body that had been previously documented in the series, but it occurs to me now that Roko might want to look into such an option.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    That's definitely one of those life lessons that doesn't apply well to a speculative fiction setting, and in particular a setting in which the character in question is a robot capable of choosing a body basically at will, or at least with only the limit of available liquid funds.
    Yeah the QC AIs have basically hit Eclipse Phase levels of transhumanist capacity: any body you want, so long as you can pay for it. At that level a lot of traditional problems associated with existence as a carbon-slush filled bag of water just cease to exist and a whole new set of issues open up instead. The life lessons become completely different because 'life' has itself been almost totally redefined.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

25. - Top - End - #505

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    so ‚Rabbi‘ wasn‘t specifying what type of priest the politician was that interrupted the conversation...
    hence „need the extra comma“
    ...Goddammit, I fell for the joke we were just discussing and I didn't even realise it, didn't I? Well played

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

and of course we get left hanging over the weekend as to what her new body will look like
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #507

Corpus mechanicum, though. I don't think it was deliberate, but it's a legal definition for the physical part of a work of art, with the theoretical/interpretative part being known as corpus mysticum.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

28. - Top - End - #508

I was just about to comment that you can't mix cases like that.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #509

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Corpus mechanicum, though. I don't think it was deliberate, but it's a legal definition for the physical part of a work of art, with the theoretical/interpretative part being known as corpus mysticum.
    Given the specifications that she has asked for - an amazonian chassis with tits like beach balls - then "work of art" may not be wrong, in the same way that Leonardo Di Vinci painted the Mona Lisa or in the way that Damien Hurst sawed a shark in half.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Lemon is doing that "but you really need my help because the textbook said that even if you don't think you need my help and say you don't need my help, you need my help" garbage.