New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Woes of the Viridescent Isle(IC)

Orat makes sure to check behind them

I don't see any hostiles. If you need to be told that that doesn't mean they aren't there I can't help you

She then gives her attention over to the ships - if they look seaworthy or not
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-05-10 at 01:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smasher0404 View Post
    "I'm fluent in the elven tongues, taught to me by a bawdy half-elf I met in my travels, and I have some conversational knowledge of Draconic" replied Aleister in fairly fluent Elven.
    "Then for the rest of this trip, I don't know Common," Medwyn replied in elven.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Beholder

Each of the eleven ships docked in the port look well traveled, but all are sea worthy. While they show normal wear and tear, none are damaged that you can see.

Every ship has a couple of low burning fires, in iron pots or such and a couple crew members about.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Orat looks at Qinqirelle

That's a lot of ships

5. - Top - End - #125
    Banned

Beholder

Ildilyntra Qinqirelle "I'm not sure what you mean. It's two hands of ships plus one. In elven numbers that is not a lot. Unless you mean something else?"

The swan boat moves over to an empty dock in the shallow water. The feet of the boat touch down and hold it in place.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's a lot of ships by 'isolated island' standards," Medwyn says in Elven.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-05-11 at 12:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Banned

Beholder

Ildilyntra Qinqirelle "I never thought so. anyway, until the dragon came we would keep them all here in the port anyway. Any foolish enough to come into the green we would kill. "

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Makes me kinda wonder why you haven't all left.

Orat awaits the inevitable ambush and stays in her seat

Like I said those so bloody interested in coming here can go first
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-05-11 at 05:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"No need to get all bloody about it, Miss Orat," Alistair says. "Such ejaculations are best saved for our enemies."

With that, he steps lightly onto the dock.
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2020-05-12 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Forgot Orat hasn't actually told us her last name yet at this point...

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Medwyn follows a step or two behind, with his fingers curled into the starting position for the somatic component of Summon Monster II.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    "No need to get all bloody about it, Miss Eler," Alistair says. "Such ejaculations are best saved for our enemies."
    I hope you fight as well as you talk

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

"We will all have to prove ourselves soon enough, Miss Orat. Why bluster when you can simply wait and see?" responds Alistair, beginning up the path to the tavern. "Coming?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Banned

Beholder

Ildilyntra Qinqirelle waits until everyone is off the swan boat, then it shrinks back down to token size and she puts it back in her sack.

Ildilyntra Qinqirelle "I'm not going into the village. This is not a place for my kind. I know your kinds are drawn to such places like moths to flame, though.

I will wait for you down the south beach there , where there are the couple rocks.

Do what you need to do in the village. If you are all going to spend the night there, please be mindful. My people do not sleep in dead boxes of wood, so I will be sleeping under the starts.....down away on the south beach.

I would hope you are all ready with a plan or at least a path bright and early tomorrow morning. See you when I see you."

Ildilyntra Qinqirelle gives a nod to each person.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ramirez

"May the blanket of stars keep you warm." Ramirez says in Elvish.

"Let's get a drink and a room and set off in the morning." Ramirez looked over the group. "Perhaps more then one room." Ramirez pondered if there would be an inn and tavern in the village or if it was too small. He fell into pace behind the others keeping an eye out.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2020-05-12 at 10:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Nefer

Nefer and her animals get out of the boat. She considers going with Ildilyntra as she also prefers sleeping outdoors. But dividing the group is never a good idea.

So she waves the elf goodbye and walks next to the fey touched.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sleep well, Miss Qinqirelle," Alistair calls back to Ildilyntra.

Privately, he wonders if she will be safe sleeping on her own, but decides to say nothing.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Beholder

Greenport looks like a typical port village: 30 straw huts, five larger wood buildings and a spread of wooden docks. Scattered around and tied to the docks are eleven ships.

One of the larger wooden buildings is the tavern: The Bottle. Most of the building looks to be a brewery, with the tavern at the far end. The common area of the tavern is all outdoors, under a straw and thatch roof. There are a couple wooden tables, but mostly logs are used as places to sit and tables. Most everyone drinks out of a clay cup, but some have cups of other materials. A couple halfings run a long grill with snakes and birds cooking.

There is no Inn.

The people are a mix of races, humans, halflings, half orcs, half elves, and the occasional cat humanoid or turttle like humanoid. A few people are in leather armor, most just have on commoner clothing. Everyone is armed with daggers, clubs and a great many cutlass swords.

People are asleep, and half asleep all over the village, mostly in and around the huts. At least fifty or so people crowd the area around the tavern, drinking and singing and laughing.

A eight foot tall green scaled half dragon troll in green robes stands by a tree near the tavern watching everything.....no one goes anywhere near him.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

"If there's no rooms, I'd say we're going to have to sleep under the stars after all," Medwyn says to Aleister in Elven.

"Also, what do you want to bet that that half-dragon's spying for the full-blooded one?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Our researcher friend seems to think a camping trip is necessary" announces Aleister before switching back to Elven "I wouldn't say spy, more likely an enforcer. Our large friend sticks out like a sore thumb, makes espionage fairly hard, don't you think?"
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Super. Well no inn means we don't need to be worried about being cheated or robbed in our beds.

No we have to worry about being killed in the open air by people who look like they'd slit their mother's throat for the coppers in her purse.

Whilst awaiting for the inevitable fight to start Orat sidles over to the halflings and haggles over whatever lower lifeform on a stick takes her fancy
    Last edited by wilphe; 2020-05-14 at 04:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Banned

Beholder

The halfling cook looks over at Orat "We got parrot or snake. Meat on a stick is one gold coin."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see your point," Medwyn replies to Aleister, still in elven. "Do you think he's working for the dragon, though? I suppose I could believe he's not. A half-green working for a full-blooded black would be a bit weird. But maybe not weird enough to dismiss outright, until we know more."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-05-15 at 01:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

"We got parrot or snake. Meat on a stick is one gold coin."

Sounds good as long as they come with a side of answers to my dumb ass questions.

Orat drops down two coins.

Who's the big lug on his ownsome with the obvious personal hygiene issues?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

Beholder

The halfling cook takes the two gold coins and slips them into his belt pouch.

Bern Shortsea "Oh, don't mind Vleen'Kenu, he just watches over things.

I'm Bern Shortsea, mate cook off the Fleetwood. What is your name and what ship did you come on?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

My name is Orat Eler and I am of no ship. Just had a horrible trip on some tiny boat to get here.

Some sage types want to look at plants and I am along to make sure none of them do anything dumbass like French kiss a tendriculos

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

Beholder

Bern Shortsea "Yea, they got all kinds a weird plants here. You try some green grog yet? We make it from the special plant here. It has a beautiful aged flavor, made with all them old elven memories and all, Ha!"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Made from elven memories? Oh a butterfly! I love trees! I remember that time I spent all day staring at a particular stone in a brook that looked kind of like a boob! Do side effects of this grog include becoming a useless fop? If not I might try it.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Banned

Beholder

Bern Shortsea laughs.

Bern Shortsea "If you drink enough of it you can see all sorts of dancing elf maidens, sometimes with a unicorn!"

Bern Shortsea fills a clay cup with a green drink "Try some, it's just a silver."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"French kiss a tendriculous?" Medwyn whispers to Aleister in elven. "... Well, maybe, but if it wants to use the tentacles it'd have to buy me dinner first."

(1d20+9)[21] for Knowledge: Nature to try and figure out what specific plant the cook is speaking of.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Pink unicorns or just the regular kind? Might be worth it because Unicorns haven't been interested in me since the summer ball when I was but a lass of seventeen

Orat slaps a silver down and takes a drink