New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Bansheexero's Maybe Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    You described base 6, not 60. If each finger on the one hand is "10", then all fingers up on both hands would be equivalent to 35, though in base 6, it would render as 55 (5 on one hand, and full sets of 6 on the other, so it is (5x6)+5). Perhaps closing the hand as a secondary full set would produce 100 (though it would be 36 in base 10 (6 full sets of 6). The numeral 6 does not appear at all in base 6, as it goes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, . . . and so on, just like the fact that base 10 does not have a numeral for the value of 10, it requires 2 digits as a result.

I actually had a runic set for base 12 for my game, as well as a rune set for base 10, usable when I want to write something down like a bank account number I don't want anybody to read. Might alter the presentation on that, so it is not linear, but would have to think about how.

------

Anywho, W1P1TGD looks at the buttons and such, aided by the VISOR if that helps, offered temporarily by STLRCR28 to assist him.

I figure Knowledge (Engineering) might help, if not, oh well.

W1P1TGD [roll0]

STLRCR28 waits for him to finish, when they approach the corpse with the briefcase under it. They both step outside of the room before analyzing said briefcase, so that if they jostle the corpse too much and it gives the door enough leeway to close, they would not be trapped inside.they open the case while outside of the room.
    No. It's base 60 because they used a different character for every value between 1 and 60. They did that 6 times and used 360 as their '100'. This was applied to their Geometry and Astronomy systems, which were copied by the Greeks. That is why there are 360 degrees in a circle.

The 7 day week is thought to have similar origins. 6 work days + 1 rest day.

---
    I'll describe the case first as it is easier.

It isn't locked.

Only one CLASP of the two is closed on the briefcase.

Inside are a disorganized mess of papers and 12 brightly glowing pills, and one of those metal boxes like was in the tube room.

The pills are colored. One is black, but still somehow glowing.
    There is a purple one, and a silver one, and an reddish orange one, and a red one, and a blue one, and a green one, and a white one. The rest are shades of yellow.

The box has a thin strip of white label : STLRCR28-B
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Huh, I did not know that about the whole 360 degrees, though I had been curious about it befofe, especially since it seems like it is universally used. I know we have as exact a method as possible determining the circumference of the earth, because the length of the meter is defined and dependent upon the circumference at the equator. I also know that nearly every century, on the century years, Leap Year Day does not occur (it only does if the century year is divisible by 400, which is why we had one in 2000. I believe the math indicates that each year has 365.2425 days). Also, North/South/East/West is determined by the direction the sun rises so on many other planets, it would be in the East, though not sure if planets that have multiple sunos alter this at all.

-----

Anyway, Aurora grabs the pills and attempts to open the box that has a designation akin to her own, though the letter B is something she does not recognize. This is starting to feel like Fallout, with all the junk laying around.

-----

Sorry if my posting is getting too slow, I am juggling several projects as well as working when I am able (temp job, sets own hours, pays 50% more that my normal job). Also playing in two other campaign and GMing another.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Huh, I did not know that about the whole 360 degrees, though I had been curious about it befofe, especially since it seems like it is universally used. I know we have as exact a method as possible determining the circumference of the earth, because the length of the meter is defined and dependent upon the circumference at the equator. I also know that nearly every century, on the century years, Leap Year Day does not occur (it only does if the century year is divisible by 400, which is why we had one in 2000. I believe the math indicates that each year has 365.2425 days). Also, North/South/East/West is determined by the direction the sun rises so on many other planets, it would be in the East, though not sure if planets that have multiple sunos alter this at all.
    --

>>>The Roman calendar at the time a Ceaser was 10 months of 30 days. The early months were named after gods. The later months were numbered . Sept(7)tember, Oct (8) rober, Nov(9) ember, and Dec(10)ember.

This system didn't work, so Julius stuck 2 months into the best part of the year, named them after himself (June, July), and instated the current year length and leap year system. Augustus changed the name of Hexember later.

The Julian calendar was the predominate calendar for centuries. But the leap day over compensated a bit and the start of winter started drifting. So Pope Gregory (the something or nother) instituted the current system, and when it went into effect they skipped like 12 days one year. But, this was only done in Roman Catholic countries, and not in Eastern Orthodox ones. For the next couple centuries 2 systems were used in Europe, and dates were recorded in both "old" and "new" style. Gradually, countries converted to the Gregorian Calendar, with Russia being one of the final hold outs. When they did convert, the Russian Orthodox Church set their calendar so it wouldn't drift any further from the Gregorian, but kept the dates for their church calendar. Thus, to this day, Russian Christmas is in mid January.
    ---

-----

Anyway, Aurora grabs the pills and attempts to open the box that has a designation akin to her own, though the letter B is something she does not recognize. This is starting to feel like Fallout, with all the junk laying around.

>>> The box does not open. The shell looks like folded and fused metal and there are nubs and projections on one end. The opposite end it slightly larger, so it looks like it is supposed to be inserted into something.

-----

Sorry if my posting is getting too slow, I am juggling several projects as well as working when I am able (temp job, sets own hours, pays 50% more that my normal job). Also playing in two other campaign and GMing another.
    >>>I'm in financial hardship. A lot of schools canceled their bilingual and esl contracts, so my agency is basically bankrupt. My assigned school didn't cancel and I'm still doing remote classes, but I'm not being paid. I'm applying to various places and have interviews in Taiwan and Vietnam. So my posting rate might also become inconsistent.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    >>>I'm in financial hardship. A lot of schools canceled their bilingual and esl contracts, so my agency is basically bankrupt. My assigned school didn't cancel and I'm still doing remote classes, but I'm not being paid. I'm applying to various places and have interviews in Taiwan and Vietnam. So my posting rate might also become inconsistent.
    Well, wish you luck. I hit some windfall when I applied for a landscaping gig. I found I am way too out of shape for it, but the guy mentioned a job his wife was overseeing, I jumped at the chance. Hopefully, you find something soon.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The glow pills in the brief case seem more powerful than the others.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

I forget if I had Aurora read the papers with her VISOR, if not, she does.

Outside of that she puts the other pills in her pack, using the papers as a makeshift pouch, wrapping them around the pills, so they don't fall loose in her knapsack.

Beyond this, they continue forward, checking to see if any others doors they can enter that they have not already visited.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Hopefully things work out for you. I am fortunate enough that my employer is opening up again, but I recognize a lot of people have taken a serious hit.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim