New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Bansheexero's Maybe Solo

[QUOTE=jakarta;24500541]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Both Aurora and Cedric each take a glass from where they are sitting, head over to the faucets, rince out the glasses a bit, test the water which way is cold and which is hot. Fill the glasses first with warm water (which the body is able to metabolize faster), drink twice, then fill with cold water and drink for relief.

-----

The Water is wet. And by this point they need to investigate that bathroom.
    Having found rooms that had appeared similar to bathrooms when they first got out of their rooms (I think), they head back that way. Aurora uses the VISOR to see if it helps find something closer, however.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Intelligence check x 2

Engineering check for him.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

STLRCR28 (Aurora) Perception check (assuming that she has to go so badly I don't have time to take 20)
    (1d20+18)[20] boost (1d8)[3]

W1P1TGD (Cedric) Perception check
    (1d20+5)[13]

Cedric Knowledge (Engineering) check
    (1d20+3)[13]

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

STLRCR28 (Aurora) Perception check (assuming that she has to go so badly I don't have time to take 20)
    [roll0] boost [roll1]

W1P1TGD (Cedric) Perception check
    [roll2]

Cedric Knowledge (Engineering) check
    [roll3]
    I said INT, but ok.

These sinks on either side of this open doorway here look just like the ones in your rooms next to your toilets.

He realizes that the way buildings are engineered, sinks like these are usually close to toilets as they share the same water source pipes. They often even share the same wall.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Whoops, sorry, my fault as I got distracted. Same thing happened in the campaign I am currently running, as they occasionally seem to blend together (just as you claimed it did for you as well).

So, they both lock around, near the same wall to see if they can locate nearby toilets.

STLRCR28
    Perception (1d20+18)[31] boost (1d8)[6]
    Intelligence check if there is something I could trace to said toilet aside from the sinks (1d20+1)[5] boost (1d6)[3]

W1P1TGD
    Perception (1d20+5)[14]
    Intelligence check if there is something I could trace to said toilet aside from the sinks (1d20)[7]
    Or, Knowledge (Engineering) (1d20+3)[21]

-----

Also, what was the name of the Wild Talent that made that goop earlier? And if so, would spell points be able to power it? Also, would it be cast as a Sphere ability or as a different type of power. Spheres don't have spell levels, the DC instead uses half caster level, so all powers scale with the caster. (For Aurora, her magic's DC is 10 + 1/2 casting (which would be 3 halved down to 1) + ability modifier (Wisdom in her case, so +6). Total DC is 17 (there are a few effects that can buff it past that, with the simest being the Sphere Focus feat or magic Staves. There are also boons that can do this, but I did not take them, and the Thaumaturge class has an ability that it can use). DC's for spells with spell levels use said spell level instead of 1/2 caster level, so they don't scale with the caster and eventually become obsolete.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

[QUOTE=Bansheexero;24500986]Whoops, sorry, my fault as I got distracted. Same thing happened in the campaign I am currently running, as they occasionally seem to blend together (just as you claimed it did for you as well).

So, they both lock look around, near the same wall to see if they can locate nearby toilets.

STLRCR28
    Perception [roll0] boost [roll1]
    Intelligence check if there is something I could trace to said toilet aside from the sinks [roll2] boost [roll3]

W1P1TGD
    Perception [roll4]
    Intelligence check if there is something I could trace to said toilet aside from the sinks [roll5]
    Or, Knowledge (Engineering) [roll6]

Or...

They just walk through the doorway between the two sinks and at the end of the 15 ft hall they find 3 doors.

The center one is unlabeled, turns out to be a janitor's closet with cases of ft wide institutional tp, gallon jugs of pink hand soap, clear hand sanitizer, and white hand lotion, cases of hand towels, floor cleaner, Windex, 409, mops, brooms.... ect.

The door on the left has an icon of a circle over a triangle over 2 thin vertical rectangles. The only difference on the other door is having a square instead of a Triangle. Behind the doors, Triangle has an extra floor length mirror. Square has 2 urinals instead. Two stall bathrooms with sinks.

We'll skip over adventures with bidets...

and go back to the glass fronted cabinet with the snacks. Brains or brawn to get the granola?

---

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...lasmic-cocoon/

it is INT based, and she has 5 power points. It takes 5 points to use and she currently has nothing else to spend them on, so she can use the power once a day.

-----

Spoiler:
    Show

]

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

We'll go with both Brains and Brawn.

First up, brains
    STLRCR28 - W1P1TGD is using Aid Another, as his roll is lower
    (1d20+3)[16] boost (1d6)[4]

If that fails, then W1P1TGD tries both a Knowledge (Engineering) check (1d20+3)[17]
    Failing that, a last ditch effort Int roll (1d20)[11]

Finally, if brains do not win out, then brawn it is. I believe in this case, Cedric can take 20 as well as Aurora using Aid Another, so 24 boost with (1d12)[11]. Given probability of maxing both out (a little more than 0.4%), I'll leave the second part as a roll.

-----

Huh, Ectoplasmic Cocoon may allow me to video some time before taking Bound Light. Weird that I can have that psionic talent with just a 12 Int, I'd need a 13 as a minimum were this following 3.5 or Pathfinder rules.

Bound Light is better (its DC is 17, whereas the Cocoon has only a 14 DC, which will drift behind my Light talents more and more as I level. Also, it prevents any form of teleportation or other magic travel), but I have more important magic talents to take for now.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-10 at 05:55 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

We'll go with both Brains and Brawn.

First up, brains
    STLRCR28 - W1P1TGD is using Aid Another, as his roll is lower
    [roll0] boost [roll1]

If that fails, then W1P1TGD tries both a Knowledge (Engineering) check [roll2]
    Failing that, a last ditch effort Int roll [roll3]

Finally, if brains do not win out, then brawn it is. I believe in this case, Cedric can take 20 as well as Aurora using Aid Another, so 24 boost with [roll4]. Given probability of maxing both out (a little more than 0.4%), I'll leave the second part as a roll.
    Tapping on the squares in the little grid of squares makes a light under a snack in a roughly corresponding position to light up, and makes a little light under the little crack next to the mechanism light up for 5 seconds.

She thinks the crack must want something, but doesn't know what.

He, with her aid, develops an alternate engineering based solution: Hit the glass with a chair repeatedly until it breaks, then they can take all the food.

Do you want them to go with the 'chair' plan?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

The "chair" plan is the most realistic in character response to the situation, as neither would recommend the silver discs as coins and what they are used for.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

*CRASH-SHATTER*

Think Snack machine stocked by hippies in the Pacific North West.

Granola and cereal bars, nuts, trail mixes, dehydrated fruit, nuts, Ramen cups, mints, gums, and COOKIES - BISCUITS labeled Edible.

INT checks.

After she has examined the inside of the machine a bit, the Visor reports VENDING MACHINE. SELECTOR BUTTONS. The mechanism is COIN RETURN. the crack is COIN SLOT.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

They take several and either start eating or putting several in their pack, if it would hold them. Of the items, theyake sure to take Cookies/Biscuits, Dehydrated Fruit, and Gum, so that they have sugars and him can come in handy as a tool every now and then.

Int checks,

Aurora (1d20+1)[13] boost (1d6)[5]

Cedric (1d20)[14]

After liberating the food, they decide to return to the area where Cedric's gear is and search for it, so they can move on and try to leave this place, or at least this floor if it is a complex.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

They remember that one of the items on the reception desk is a red package of cookies.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Trying to conserve some space, they ignore the package of cookies, and continue to search for Cedric's equipment

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

On the way to the Green area, they reach the main intersection with the many splotchs. There are magical auras in the debris.

Are they stopping to investigate, or turning north to head to the Green area?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

STLRCR28 stops to look at the splotches, first with the VISOR and then with her Divinations

Spellcraft check (1d20+7)[10] boost (1d6)[3]

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

STLRCR28 stops to look at the splotches, first with the VISOR and then with her Divinations

Spellcraft check [roll0] boost [roll1]
    There were recently a lot of evocations here, along with clashes with abjurations, enough to warp the local weave. Items are definitely here, but difficult to pinpoint.

She could go into the area and look more closely, or just have him search while she guides. Taking 20 is an option.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Both begin to search the area, Cedric providing aid another bonus.

Aurora takes 20 on the check, with Cedric's help, Ultravision results in 40 boost (1d8)[1]

Also paying attention to any magic item auras and/or haunts (not sure if you are familiar with haunts from Pathfinder, but they seem like they would fit here. The are sort of like a form of trap, though I am not sure if rogues can disable them. Essentially you suffer some form of ghost/supernatural effect. They tend to have a reset period after being triggered. The can be damage by positive energy (most commonly Channel Energy, which I have), but I am not fully sure if that merely temporarily disabled them or ends them permanently. Several have sorts of "unfinished business" methods to remove them permanently. Effects can be as simple as causing fear, to damaging ability scores and I remember one triggered a suicide compulsion in one of the official adventure paths.

Haunt rules are here - https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/haunts/

There was a fun one in a Carrion Crown game I was running that was a type of possession. Essentially, the group makes a Will save, but even if they fail, nothing seems to happen. It triggers in the next battle they are in where the one who failed (not sure if multiple failed, but I assume in that case it is either lowest or arbitrary) passes out.

Each round, while the party deals with the threat on the outside, it put the player into a pseudo dreamspace, where they advanced an arbitrary plot, making additional Will saves along the way, with each success helping rid the host of the possessing ghost. Each time she succeeded, on the outside world, her body would convulse and seem to be held in spectral chains.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-11 at 12:19 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Woops, forgot about Spellcraft checks. You said there are multiple items, so a handful of rolls then.

Aurora Spellcraft
    (1d20+7)[15] boost (1d6)[1]
    (1d20+7)[14] boost (1d6)[1]
    (1d20+7)[25] boost (1d6)[3]
    (1d20+7)[25] boost (1d6)[5]
    (1d20+7)[26] boost (1d6)[2]
    (1d20+7)[11] boost (1d6)[6]
    (1d20+7)[22] boost (1d6)[1]

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Both begin to search the area, Cedric providing aid another bonus.

Aurora takes 20 on the check, with Cedric's help, Ultravision results in 40 boost [roll0]

Also paying attention to any magic item auras and/or haunts (not sure if you are familiar with haunts from Pathfinder, but they seem like they would fit here. The are sort of like a form of trap, though I am not sure if rogues can disable them. Essentially you suffer some form of ghost/supernatural effect. They tend to have a reset period after being triggered. The can be damage by positive energy (most commonly Channel Energy, which I have), but I am not fully sure if that merely temporarily disabled them or ends them permanently. Several have sorts of "unfinished business" methods to remove them permanently. Effects can be as simple as causing fear, to damaging ability scores and I remember one triggered a suicide compulsion in one of the official adventure paths.

Haunt rules are here - https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/haunts/
    Picking though You find
    plastic fork
    roll of gauze
    A spin top from one of the tests
    A book (magic)
    An orange food stick
    bottle of something labeled "SPF 50"
    A cup (orange, 8 fl oz)
    A finger length tube of a yellow fluid with a smaller clear tube in it.
    3 note books
    A red rectangle
    54 silver disk (Coins/slugs/tokens? Visor seems confused)
    12 silver disks with a face on them
    5 yellow disks with a head in them.
    14 smaller orangish disks. You don't recognize the emblem.
    10 glow pills. (Transmutation/healing)
    A orange hair scrunchy.
    A hair clip with 2 gold 5 point stars (magical)
    A red hair ribbon with a cloth rose (magical)

Spoiler:
    Show

]

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Both use the hat slot.

A hair clip with 2 gold 5 point stars (magical)
    Empowers metero swarm
    5% chance to evade physical attacks
    +1 bab.

A red hair ribbon with a cloth rose (magical)
    Take half damage from fire, cold, Electricity
    Empowers Fire Storm.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Cesdric claims the glowing pills, while Aurora takes a gander at the book emitting magic. While she is unable to learn and cast spells through such a medium, she switches from her Divination to activate Read Magic as she peruses it.

In case any Int checks are needed
    STLRCR28 (1d20+1)[7] and (1d6)[1]
    W1P1TGD (1d20)[12]

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

ERROR: UPGRADE LANGUAGE MODULE

The book is written in unfamiliar runes. While there may yet be instructions for casting some spells within it, they aren't in spellbook format. There are illustrations, some of which move, of multi eyed and multi mouthed creatures.

The hands and feet of both are now covered in black.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Not super sure what to do with the book, STLRCR28 leaves it behind, as she gets an inkling that such texts are more trouble than they are worth, so she leaves it behind.

They both head onward to find Cedric's gear.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Not super sure what to do with the book, STLRCR28 leaves it behind, as she gets an inkling that such texts are more trouble than they are worth, so she leaves it behind.

They both head onward to find Cedric's gear.
    Did you see post 140? We were posting at about the same time, so I wonder if you missed it.

---

He knows that the first doors you pass in the Green area are the checkup room on the East Wall, and a door he has never been through on the West Wall. He has seen the greens come and go from that door a lot.

The next doorway on the East wall is the testing/training area.

Past that at the end of the hall is the Water room.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Did you see post 140? We were posting at about the same time, so I wonder if you missed it.

---

He knows that the first doors you pass in the Green area are the checkup room on the East Wall, and a door he has never been through on the West Wall. He has seen the greens come and go from that door a lot.

The next doorway on the East wall is the testing/training area.

Past that at the end of the hall is the Water room.
    Huh, no I did not see that. STLRCR28 will don the hair ribbon and W1P1TGD will say to Hell with gender-based adornments and wear the hair clips, I am not sure if you meant that both the hair clips are needed for the effect or if just one and the other is a back up. You listed +1 BAB as a bonus from it. Typically no item adds Base Attack Bonus, since it is, you know, base. Though there are items that improve attack, BAB is usually set and inviolate. The only exception to this I have ever seen is an epic level feat. Having a higher BAB means I could take certain feats sooner, so long as I wear the clip (yes, in PF that is a thing, just as stat belts/headbands count as permanent improvements after wearing them for 24 hours, despite the fact if you remove said gear, the bonus goes away anyway, the "permanence" is in regards to feat and ability qualification). My suspicion is that you simply made it to improve attack rolls by one, and possibly treat my BAB as 1 higher for the sake of martial talents possibly (not sure though, so that may need clarification).

-----

They decide to both go through the room on the west wall, which W1P1TGD has never been in.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-12 at 04:29 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

QUOTE=Bansheexero;24503806]Huh, no I did not see that. STLRCR28 will don the hair ribbon and W1P1TGD will say to Hell with gender-based adornments and wear the hair clips,

I am not sure if you meant that both the hair clips are needed for the effect or if just one and the other is a back up.

>>>They cannot be used together.

My suspicion is that you simply made it to improve attack rolls by one, and possibly treat my BAB as 1 higher for the sake of martial talents possibly (not sure though, so that may need clarification).

>>>This is that the bonus does.

-----

They decide to both go through the room on the west wall, which W1P1TGD has never been in.[/QUOTE]

How do they open the door?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

W1P1TGD goes first through the door, while STLRCR28 stands back, ready to blast anything hostile with her Radiant blast.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

W1P1TGD goes first through the door, while STLRCR28 stands back, ready to blast anything hostile with her Radiant blast.
    I mean the door is locked. How do they unlock it?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

(hint: reread the items list.)

Spoiler:
    Show

]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Skipped right over it, my hypersomnia is wreaking havoc on me.

Both go back, to get the red rectangle from the pile of items, and bring it to said door to try to unlock it.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim