Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XVI: Sworn to Carry Your Burdens

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    The trouble with that is, it assumes Alduin is a moron. All he has to do is not attack the town and the DB would be killed, and he knows this. If the goal of his attack is to ensure the deaths of everyone there, then the level of his failure is truly astonishing. Lots of people escape Helgen, and it would have been even more if not for the DB making their way out.
    More then likely, Alduin didn't know the Dragonborn was on the chopping block. Dragons seem to be able to sense a Dragonborn. However, unless they trade words, dragons can't pinpoint their location. When Alduin returned, he and Paarthurnax had a 'vigorous debate', Alduin sensed another dragon and then went to investigate. Not seeing a dragon, he started attack indiscriminately, hoping to kill the dragonborn.

If the player stays outside long enough, Alduin will cut them off and kill them.

That's just a guess tho.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    More then likely, Alduin didn't know the Dragonborn was on the chopping block. Dragons seem to be able to sense a Dragonborn. However, unless they trade words, dragons can't pinpoint their location. When Alduin returned, he and Paarthurnax had a 'vigorous debate', Alduin sensed another dragon and then went to investigate. Not seeing a dragon, he started attack indiscriminately, hoping to kill the dragonborn.

If the player stays outside long enough, Alduin will cut them off and kill them.

That's just a guess tho.
    When Delphine starts demanding that you prove that you're the Dragonborn by going to the next revival site and killing the dragon as it comes out, Alduin's dragon-language dialog has him sought that you're the Dragonborn because he can't sense your dragon soul.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    When Delphine starts demanding that you prove that you're the Dragonborn by going to the next revival site and killing the dragon as it comes out, Alduin's dragon-language dialog has him sought that you're the Dragonborn because he can't sense your dragon soul.
    On the other hand, he also immediately recognizes you as the claimant to the title, which would be a little unusual since this is the first time you encounter him after awakening and it is, theoretically, before your face becomes known across Skyrim for being the Dragonborn.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #1024

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Portent View Post
    Who skims a huge amount of the profits to have high society dinners?
    That could have been a fun quest. Blackmail an Elder Councilor to send more help to Bruma, anyone?

My reading of that scene was that he’s mocking you; he knows you’re Dragonborn he just has no respect for you.

5. - Top - End - #1025

...Why was the Yellow team's Champion always hanging out in the Blue Team's room? You can never get to it and, in fact, there seems to only be the one door on the outside, but she and the Grand Champion are the only people there who aren't part of the Blue Team, and we can presume that the Grey Prince is there because he was Blue Team before becoming the Grand Champion.
    I don't think it can be taken for granted that the player-accessible Bloodworks is specifically the Blue Team's room - sure, it only connects to the Blue Team fighting pit entrance, but it wouldn't be the only time that something which should rationally exist within an area in the game does not, and the only two NPCs present with unambiguous team affiliations are Blue Team Gladiator and Yellow Team Champion; there's no good evidence regarding Agronak's original team affiliation as far as I know, Owyn's the "Arena Blademaster" rather than the "Blue Team Blademaster," Ysabel's the "Arena Battle Matron" rather than the "Blue Team Battle Matron," and no in-game dialogue or text of which I am aware suggest that there are multiple Arena Blademasters and Battle Matrons at any given point in time. Additionally, the walls of the player-accessible Bloodworks are decorated with nine Arena banners; five of these are yellow while four are blue, which seems oddly balanced if the room's specifically for the Blue Team.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    The trouble with that is, it assumes Alduin is a moron. All he has to do is not attack the town and the DB would be killed, and he knows this. If the goal of his attack is to ensure the deaths of everyone there, then the level of his failure is truly astonishing. Lots of people escape Helgen, and it would have been even more if not for the DB making their way out.
    Which is why the theory claims that the roar comes from Paarthurnax trying to warn the village. Alduin can't hear that Tullius is trying to hasten the executions to get rid of Ulfrik as quickly as possible. He doesn't know that the Imperials aren't going to cancel it and try to investigate what that roar is. And he most definitely doesn't know that the Dragonborn is the next one on the chopping block. All he knows is that Paarthurnax is interfering and he can't leave things to chance.

The theory bases itself on Alduin clearly being seeking the Dragonborn during his attack. Staying out in the open too long results in death, there are a lot of close calls during the escape and when he locates the Dragonborn, he gleefully taunts them as he starts targetting them.

It is ironic that it is his actions that ultimately save the Dragonborn from execution, of course. Maybe there's some divine interference going on there too.