New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XVI: Sworn to Carry Your Burdens

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Other nice mobility options: Blink. It's such a fun mod already, but having it be in vanilla would be awesome.
    I haven't used that mod, what does it do?

Re: other options, the old Might and Magic games had a 'Jump' spell, and now that I look it seems Morrowind did too. Might be useful to cross wide gaps, since I doubt we'll have Whirlwind Sprint in Elder Scrolls 6 without mods.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Psijic Teleport Spells. The Oldrim Version works better, with it's Power: Blink. It didn't make the transition to the new one.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #423
    Firbolg in the Playground

There's a Skyrim mod that adds a spell where you aim at a point and you teleport there. It's very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    There's a Skyrim mod that adds a spell where you aim at a point and you teleport there. It's very cool.
    Wow, I remember that being a thing back in the Quake mod days. Nice to see some traditions live on.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Yup that's what Blink does. You can do some fancy things with it. Jump off a high place and look at the ground then instantly be there without falling to your death. Jump up to some of the backdoors in dungeons. Wanted in the hold? Blip to the rooftops.

In combat it'll even turn you 180 when used so you can be instantly behind an enemy.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's slick.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Yup also includes a version powered by stamina for the Warrior Types, and it's ultimate spell is a mana costing teleport that let's you jump between cities via an in game map. But it's so expensive you might have to make multiple jumps.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup that's what Blink does. You can do some fancy things with it. Jump off a high place and look at the ground then instantly be there without falling to your death. Jump up to some of the backdoors in dungeons. Wanted in the hold? Blip to the rooftops.

In combat it'll even turn you 180 when used so you can be instantly behind an enemy.
    Okay I'm going to second wanting a spell like that, that sounds awesome.

Yup also includes a version powered by stamina for the Warrior Types, and it's ultimate spell is a mana costing teleport that let's you jump between cities via an in game map. But it's so expensive you might have to make multiple jumps.
    The old M&M games had Town Portal that was similar: when you first got the spell it would take you to the nearest town whose central fountain you'd visited, and with more skill in that magic type you could pick any central fountain you'd been to before.

That reminds me; I wouldn't mind if they brought back the Divine Intervention spells too. I'd prefer Mark and Recall if I had to choose between the two, but anything that makes the slow tedious trudge back to town a little faster would be a plus.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Of course, the Athletics skill was also dropped for a reason.
    Yes, but if you're going to make an actual game feature which involves scaling the architecture, then bringing back at least one of the mobility skills only stands to reason.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I'm gonna be starting Oblivion, maybe soonish, and I know that I am going to miss the FUN of navigating by fast-travel systems. Sure, point-based fast travel is EASIER, but "I have to get to Maar Gan by teleporting to Sadrith Mora, then to Molag Mar, then taking a silt strider to Suran, then to Balmora, then to Maar Gan"... it felt like travel that took time.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I'm gonna be starting Oblivion, maybe soonish, and I know that I am going to miss the FUN of navigating by fast-travel systems. Sure, point-based fast travel is EASIER, but "I have to get to Maar Gan by teleporting to Sadrith Mora, then to Molag Mar, then taking a silt strider to Suran, then to Balmora, then to Maar Gan"... it felt like travel that took time.
    I'm like 97% sure there's a mod for that
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

I'll recommend my mod. Rabbit Holes. Basically a network of Aylied Columns in various parts of Cyrodiil. Can get from Leyawiin to Anvil in four minutes if you know the path. Spent a weekend on it and came away with new respect both for modders and Bethesda Devs.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll recommend Arthmoor's classic mod, Cyrodiil Travel Services, which includes Mages Guild guides, travel agents at the city stables and even Mark & Recall.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do still like the idea of Divine and Almsivi Intervention, although I do remember always being in the dark as to where I would actually GO when I cast them.

Perhaps a compromise between that and full fast travel might be to allow you to cast one of those spells and fast travel, but only to an appropriate shrine for the spell you cast.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jlerpy View Post
    I do still like the idea of Divine and Almsivi Intervention, although I do remember always being in the dark as to where I would actually GO when I cast them.
    Well, in principle it was pretty easy--Divine would take you to the nearest Imperial temple, while Almsivi would do the same but for the nearest Tribunal temple. The difficult bit was generally in figuring out which of those would be closest, although I suppose the game developers probably actually intended those as last resort "I'm about to die, get me out of this dungeon to somewhere I can heal" spells rather than as part of a fast travel system.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Or when the game decides you are 1.5 pixels closer to that temple halfway across the island than the one ten feet up the road you just left.

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Well, in principle it was pretty easy--Divine would take you to the nearest Imperial temple, while Almsivi would do the same but for the nearest Tribunal temple. The difficult bit was generally in figuring out which of those would be closest, although I suppose the game developers probably actually intended those as last resort "I'm about to die, get me out of this dungeon to somewhere I can heal" spells rather than as part of a fast travel system.
    It also doesn't help that the spell is based on which area of the map you're in, rather than on proximity.
    Spoiler: EG, Almsivi Intervention map:
    Show
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, there's a mod I really, really want for Skyrim. Having thought of it, it seems such an obvious idea that I can't believe nobody's thought of it before - but I can't find it. Does anyone know if it exists?

What it does: presents an MCM menu that allows you to toggle base game quests off. For instance, you could toggle off 'A Daedra's Best Friend', and the guard and the blacksmith at Falkreath would never talk about that damn' dog, and the quest would just never start. Or if you toggle off 'Break of Dawn', that blasted beacon would never spawn. Or with 'Blood on the Ice', could simply delete the killer from the game and we could assume someone else caught him. Or - oh, you get the picture.

Most especially, I want to be able to remove (basically) all the daedric quests. There's not a one of them that's worth the time, yet they thrust themselves on my notice in ways that are hard to ignore without shattering immersion.

I know 'Timing is Everything' allows you to do some of this, kinda - but not completely, you can only delay quests, not remove them entirely, and only a small selection at that. Is there anything else?
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    So, there's a mod I really, really want for Skyrim. Having thought of it, it seems such an obvious idea that I can't believe nobody's thought of it before - but I can't find it. Does anyone know if it exists?

What it does: presents an MCM menu that allows you to toggle base game quests off. For instance, you could toggle off 'A Daedra's Best Friend', and the guard and the blacksmith at Falkreath would never talk about that damn' dog, and the quest would just never start. Or if you toggle off 'Break of Dawn', that blasted beacon would never spawn. Or with 'Blood on the Ice', could simply delete the killer from the game and we could assume someone else caught him. Or - oh, you get the picture.

Most especially, I want to be able to remove (basically) all the daedric quests. There's not a one of them that's worth the time, yet they thrust themselves on my notice in ways that are hard to ignore without shattering immersion.

I know 'Timing is Everything' allows you to do some of this, kinda - but not completely, you can only delay quests, not remove them entirely, and only a small selection at that. Is there anything else?
    My first thought was to just use the console to set the stage for the unwanted quests to complete/post-completion stages. That wouldn’t have the nice simple UI you want though.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    My first thought was to just use the console to set the stage for the unwanted quests to complete/post-completion stages. That wouldn’t have the nice simple UI you want though.
    Yeah, I've been doing that - but it's a drag, you have to look up the stages for each quest, and think about any other variables (e.g. characters who should be alive/dead).

I'd be happy to write the mod myself, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make an MCM in Special Edition - the only relevant code/tutorials I can find are for Oldrim, which is quite different in this respect.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

21. - Top - End - #441

Took a walk today. Had to resist the urge to pick flowers in case they had alchemical properties. I may be playing too much Morrowind.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Took a walk today. Had to resist the urge to pick flowers in case they had alchemical properties. I may be playing too much Morrowind.
    Why walk when you can ride?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Did you get the urge to shoot every bird you saw?

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Why walk when you can ride?
    Excellent response. I walk because I am fatter than the game will let you be.
    The Cranky Gamer

25. - Top - End - #445

Did you get the urge to shoot every bird you saw?
    More importantly, did the birds feel the urge to attack you?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent response. I walk because I am fatter than the game will let you be.
    I recommend one of those under-the-desk bike things. They let you exercise and browse the internet at the same time, and they don’t take as much space as the standing kind. They’re also useful when the weather is too cold/wet/otherwise unpleasant to go outside.

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    I recommend one of those under-the-desk bike things. They let you exercise and browse the internet at the same time, and they don’t take as much space as the standing kind. They’re also useful when the weather is too cold/wet/otherwise unpleasant to go outside.
    A few years ago, we bought a cheap, stationary, recumbent bike. All the electronics are gone, and the seat's a bit wonky, but the pedals go spinny, and so it's my fallback exercise for "Today has been long and I am sick of its ****."
    The Cranky Gamer

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

My new conspiracy theory /headcanon: Vigilant Tyranus is, in fact, Molag Bal. He forces the Dragonborn to kill him so that the DB is already morally compromised before picking up the mace.

Evidence - mainly, the way he accosts the DB, and tries to manipulate her, of all people, into accompanying him in his "investigation". Real Vigilants, we know, travel with at least one partner, so they don't have to beg help from random civilians.

Clue: his name. What better pseudonym could Bal pick than "tyrant"?

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

I've recently got a utility that can ESL-flag mods that can be easily, which has allowed me ESL-flag like 50 mods in a few clicks so I can get more. a great addition to my tools to mod Skyrim SE, as I didn't want to do the hard work myself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

My new conspiracy theory /headcanon: Vigilant Tyranus is, in fact, Molag Bal. He forces the Dragonborn to kill him so that the DB is already morally compromised before picking up the mace.

Evidence - mainly, the way he accosts the DB, and tries to manipulate her, of all people, into accompanying him in his "investigation". Real Vigilants, we know, travel with at least one partner, so they don't have to beg help from random civilians.

Clue: his name. What better pseudonym could Bal pick than "tyrant"?
    I like this theory!