Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,264 of 1264
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XVI: Sworn to Carry Your Burdens

I think it's time to take a break from playing all these new games I acquired and go back to Skyrim. I never played around with the Hearthfire dlc other than adopting two street urchins, so I should go see what the home building aspect is like.

I've been told that the one in Falkreath is the prettiest location, but most aggravating with critters and bandit attacks?

I found this channel on YouTube called Fudgemuppet that has explained so much Elder Scroll lore that I didn't know very well. Been listening to all their vids on the Khajiit pantheon and history yesterday. Good stuff.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I think it's time to take a break from playing all these new games I acquired and go back to Skyrim. I never played around with the Hearthfire dlc other than adopting two street urchins, so I should go see what the home building aspect is like.

I've been told that the one in Falkreath is the prettiest location, but most aggravating with critters and bandit attacks?

I found this channel on YouTube called Fudgemuppet that has explained so much Elder Scroll lore that I didn't know very well. Been listening to all their vids on the Khajiit pantheon and history yesterday. Good stuff.
    The Falkreath home is lovely, but it's right next to a necromancer's altar. The others don't have any fixed spawns immediately next to them in quite the same way, and they all get random attacks by bandits at the same rate.

The one on the coast north of Morthal is the best for alchemy reagents since it can get a fishery and is next to the marshes where poison ingredients are plentiful. Bit dreary and foggy, but it does have a nice view of Solitude.

The one in the Pale... is centrally located I guess. The view from a tower built there is pretty nice, but it doesn't have anything useful going on if that matters to you. Well, I suppose it gets a millstone which is kind of useful with some mods that add more crafting.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I like Heljarchen Hall more than the other homes. Mostly for its central location and spattering of mods that I have to help spruce up the surrounding terrain. Got a small-ish farm and expanded basement. Room layout is Bedroom, Storage, and Kitchen. Great view. I mostly use the other places as retreats; Windstad for specialized crafting (Enchanter's Tower, Armory, Alchemy Lab) and Falkreath for a holidays (Greenhouse: for the 'herbs', Library, and Trophy Room).

I also play with "Legacy of the Dragonborn" so I have a place to store all the unique items, rather than just dump them in a chest or display very few at my homes. I just make replicas of what I like and display those at home.
    Last edited by Eldonauran; Today at 01:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Giants can attack any of the homes, though they mostly seem hostile if there's a cow. If there isn't one, usually they just stand around looking confused until your housecarl or steward engages them.

Morthal also gets randomly attacked by Dragur. Or sometimes you'll fast travel there and find that Valdimar has just killed a bunch of them.

There's an oversight at Lakeview that you might want to take into consideration. If you don't build the armory, sometimes your spouse will randomly stand outside where it would be and looking stupid. At least they're not stuck or phased into the house or anything.
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; Today at 07:41 PM.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.