New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Bartmanhomer's Creative Stuff

In this thread, I'm going to post all my character and NPC backstory ideas and stuff. So let start with one of my characters:

K'yorl Horlbar
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Cleric Of Elistraee/Swordsage
    Description: K'yorl is a handsome young male grow who wear a white robe with chain mail armour. He carries a morningstar, a light crossbow with a buckler. His appearance is a tall, thin with short white hair and his skin is pitch black.
    Personality: K'yorl is romantic, intoxicating, passionate, focused, artistic, expressive, daring and charming.
    Backstory: K'yorl was born with a very religious and open-minded family of the drow. His father taught him the way of Ellistraee the Good Drow Goddess. He met Balaena Claddath at a very young age at the Church of Ellistraee. They were friends for a very long time. Until when both of them reached adulthood they start dating. They have a very romantic relationship. Karl feels like their more life than going to the church of Ellistraee. So he went on an adventure which means leaving his girlfriend behind. He went on an adventure with a few people. They went to a tavern to get something to eat and drink. K'yorl met the waitress Sariel Evenwind who happens to be a female elf wizard. She was harassed by two male orc barbarian. K'yorl intervened and defeated the two orc barbarians. Sariel thank K'yorl being the "cleric in shining armour" and started to have a romantic connection with each other. K'yorl didn't tell Sariel that he already has a girlfriend because he's a ladies man so he'll like to keep it that way. Sariel joins K'yorl and his party. They were started to love each other despite that K'yorl was having an affair behind Balaena back and so far he keeping it under wraps.

Balaena Claddath
    Chaotic Good Female Drow Warblade/Wizard
    Description: Balaena is a beautiful young female grow who wears a light chain mail armour who carries a great sword. Her appearance is a long white hair who's tall, muscular and her skin is pitch black.
    Personality: Balaena is fun, joyful, inquisitive, impulsive, irrational, cheeky and playful.
    Backstory: When Balaena was a small child she and her family converted to worship Ellistraee the Good Drow Goddess. She met K'yorl Horlbar the same time that she join the Church of Ellistraee during her childhood and they being friends ever since. When she got into her adulthood they started to date and they have a romantic connection together. As soon as her boyfriend K'yorl left her on the adventure she feels very sad and hopes that her lover will return. In the meantime, she enjoys competitive games and learning magic with her friends.

Ok here's my first NPC:

Sariel Evenwind
    Chaotic Good Female Elf Wizard
    Description: Sariel is a beautiful young female elf with long blond hair, tall, thin and light-skinned. She wears a green robe which she carries a quarterstaff and light crossbow.
    Personality: Sariel is serious, quiet, honest, sensitive, and caring.
    Backstory: Sariel worship Hanali Celanli when she was a child. She believed that someday she find true love and get married whoever elf or not. She has many childhood sweethearts that she uses to go out on a date. But many of her boyfriends broken up for various reasons such as: "I'm no longer interest of you." or "This relationship isn't working out." or "I'm interested of some other girl." Sariel feels very heartbroken. When she turned into adulthood she took an interested in arcane magic. She was very intrigued by her magic. She started to work at her family tavern called the Evenwind tavern. Where she works at the waitress. The two male orc barbarians were harassing Sariel to bully her at the tavern. The male drow cleric of Ellistraee known as K'yorl Horlbar intervened and defeated the two orc barbarians. Sariel thanks K'yorl for defeating the two bullies and she started to fall in love with K'yorl. The two hit it off and started to have a romantic relationship. She quit her job to join K'yorl and his party to go on an adventure. So far their relationship is turning out great.

Ok, I'm going to post K'yorl's adventure party. First is Darrak Deepmiddens

Darrak Deepmiddens
    Lawful Good Male Dwarf Warblade
    Description: Darrak is a young handsome muscular, light-skinned dwarf with short red hair, red moustache and a red beard. He wears a chain mail armour and carries a greatsword.
    Personality: Darrak is brave, tough, stubborn, determined and caring.
    Backstory: Darrak was born with a family of martial-orientated dwarves. He worshipped Moradin as his patron deity. He lived by a code of law, justice and goodness. He met his adventure party, K'yorl Horlbar the cleric a Hagar Hardy the swordsage. He starts leading the team and his party respect him as a leader. So far he has been doing a good job leading his team.

Hagar Hardy
    Neutral Good Male Human Swordsage
    Description: Hagar is a young, handsome, tan-skinned, tall, thin male human with short black hair. He wears a chain mail armour and carries two shortswords.
    Personality: Hagar is smart, intelligent, analytical, rational and confident.
    Backstory: Hagar was born with a family of swordsage. Hagar used to worship Pelor as a young age until a traumatic event that happens in Hagar life that he'll never forget. One of the head clerics of Pelor molested Hagar. He told his family that he was sexually abused by the cleric. They confronted and give him a horrific beating out of the cleric. The cleric got arrested and went to the trial. Hagar testified against him. He was guilty and the cleric was sentenced to death. Hagar and family stop worshipping Pelor and converted to Ehlonna. He was very happy worshipping her. In his adulthood, he met his adventure party Darrak Deepmiddens the warblade and K'yorl Horlbar the cleric. He considers being the second-in-command of the team. So far he's handling it pretty well.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-04-27 at 05:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bartmanhomer's Creative Stuff

Good stuff, but I note there is neither arts nor crafts. This might be more in place on the roleplaying bit of the forum?
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    Good stuff, but I note there is neither arts nor crafts. This might be more in place on the roleplaying bit of the forum?
    This thread was originally placed in homebrew but the moderators felt it belong in arts & crafts.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    This thread was originally placed in homebrew but the moderators felt it belong in arts & crafts.
    Well I don't think homebrew makes much sense, because character creation isn't homebrew... Are these for a dnd campaign you're playing or DMing?
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well I don't think homebrew makes much sense, because character creation isn't homebrew... Are these for a dnd campaign you're playing or DMing?
    Both actually. I'm both the player and DM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Both actually. I'm both the player and DM.
    Oh I do that a ton as well, good on you!

But since this is for a roleplaying campaign, I do feel like this would belong under roleplaying games.
    Columnated ruins domino

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Oh I do that a ton as well, good on you!

But since this is for a roleplaying campaign, I do feel like this would belong under roleplaying games.
    You're right but I don't want to annoy the moderators and Ronald to move it to roleplaying games.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-04-30 at 12:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Good stuff, but I note there is neither arts nor crafts.
    Arts and Crafts includes creative writing.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok, I'm going Drow K'yorl family and friends. Ok first is K'yorl father: Ghaundan Horlbar

Ghaundan Horlbar
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Cleric of Ellistraee/Warblade
    Description: Ghaundan is a handsome older male drow who's muscular, tall with short white hair and pitch-black skin. He's wearing a chain mail armour and carries a longsword, heavy crossbow and a buckler shield.
    Personality: Ghaundan is family-orientated, sexual, thoughtful, connected, transformative, charismatic and deep.
    Backstory: Ghaundan has always kept his faith in Ellistraee. Even when he was a little boy. His family escaped the Underdark when he was young. The reason for their escaped because they wanted to have a better life and hope to be accepted. His family was converted to Ellistraee and they have a good life together. When Ghaundan transitioned into adulthood he started to adventure with his three other drow friends who he considers to be brothers, Pharaun Claddaath the warblade, Alton Shobalar the swordsage and Dantrag Despana the wizard. They fought against the Church Of Lolth and the fight was legendary. As soon as the four drow brothers defeated the Church of Lolth then when back home and keep connected. Ghaundan Horlbar met Chadra and he converted her to Ellistraee and they got married. Soon they have two kids, K'yorl and Rauva which they started a family. He's a loving husband and a wonderful father which he made a church of Ellistraee to converted redeem drow to worship Ellistraee. He's very happy to have Balaena Claddath dating K'yorl Horlbar. He wishes to have Balaena as her future daughter-in-law and have future grandchildren. So far his life is doing very well.

Chadra "Xalyth" Horlbar
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Cleric of Ellistraee
    Description: Chadra is a beautiful older female grow who's tall, thin with long white hair and pitch-black skin. She wears a chain mail armour, carries a morning star, buckle and a light crossbow.
    Personality: Chadra is sensitive, open, intuitive, loving, spiritual, psychic and mysterious.
    Backstory: Chadra Xalyth has a horrible past. When she was a little girl back at the Underdark. Her family worship Lolth. She was a huge fanatic of Lolth. One horrific day in the church of Lolth, Chadra will never forget this day that the Church of Lolth sacrifices and kill her parents in the name of the Spider Queen. She was very upset and escape from the Underdark. She remains faithless and hates all religions and beliefs until her adulthood. When she transitioned to an adult, she met a male drow cleric named Ghaundan Horlbar. He told Chadra that he worships Ellistraee and unlike Lolth she accepted all drow and doesn't sacrifice and kill drow. Chadra didn't realize there was a good drow goddess exist. So Ghaundan took Chadra to the Church of Ellistraee and convert her. She was very happy and started to fall in love with Ghaundan. She married her and they have two kids K'yorl and Rauva which they started friends. She's also friends with her female Drow Cazna Claddath the warblade, Sabrae Shobalar the swordsage and Malice Despana the wizard. She converted them to Ellistraee and considered them her sisters. She a wonderful wife and a devoted mother to her children. She really loves Balaena and woulddd love to have her as her daughter-in-law someday.

Rauva Horlbar
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Cleric of Ellistraee/Wizard
    Description: Rauva is a beautiful young female lesser Drow who's tall, thin with long white hair and pitch-black skin. She wears a white robe carries a quarterstaff and light crossbow.
    Personality: Family-orientated, emotionally open, imaginative, connected, transformative, charismatic and sensitive.
    Backstory: Rauva is K'yorl younger sister and Ghaundan and Chadra youngest daughter. She worships her patron deity Ellistraee at a very young age. She gets along very well with her family. She's also friends with Balaena Claddath the Warblade, Narcelia Shobalar the swordsage and Saradreza Despana the wizard. All three female drow are considered sisters to Rauva. Rauva is dating Balaena older brother Sabal Claddath and they have a very romantic relationship together. When her brother when on adventuring she prays to Ellistraee every day to wish her brother safe adventuring and also hope by not goofing off. In the meanwhile, Rauva does practice arcane magic as well as divine magic with her "sisters."

Pharaun Claddath
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Warblade
    Description: Pharaun is a handsome older male drow who's tall, muscular, with pitch-black skin. He wears a chain mail armour and carries a bastard sword.
    Personality: Hotheaded, Daring, Driven, Visionary, Challenging, Committed, Tenacious, and Disruptive.
    Backstory: Pharaun is the father of Sabal and Balaena. He's also Cazna husband. Pharaun is also Ghaundan childhood friend. He met Ghaundan in the Underdark and escape together along with his friends Alton Shobalar and Dantrag Despana to start a better life. Pharaun and his three friends went to so many adventures together such as battling evil drow. After their adventure, Pharaun met Cazna and they got married and have Sabal and Balaena to start a family. Pharaun and his family converted to Ellistraee. Pharaun has a great relationship with the Horlbar family especially K'yorl. He considers a son to him. As soon as K'yorl went adventuring Pharaun wish him a wonderful adventure. In the meanwhile, he teaches young people how to fight at his dojo.

Cazna "Faen" Claddath
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Warblade/Cleric of Eilistraee
    Description: Cazna is a beautiful older female drow who's muscular, tall with long white hair and pitch-black skin She wears chain mail armour and carries a great club.
    Personality: Magnetic, powerful, influential, graceful, sensual, protective, fiery and entitled.
    Backstory: Cazna Faen is the mother of Sabal and Balaena and she's Pharaun wife. She's also friends with the Horlbar family. In her childhood, she happens to be a warrior in heart and caused so many fights with other drow and especially in her adulthood. She met Pharaun Claddath and show her to the way of Ellistraee and convert her. She changed her way and fall in love with Pharaun, got married to start a family and have Sabal and Balaena. Cazna gets along very well with the Horlbar family who she made great friends with Chadra Horlbar the cleric, Sabrae Shobalar the swordsage and Malice Despana the wizard. Who she consider her female drow friends "sisters." She also gets along with K'yorl Horlbar. Which she considers her future son-in-law to Balaena. As soon K'yorl left for adventuring. Cazna wishes him good luck and pray Eillistraee every day and night. In the meanwhile, Cazna takes care of her family and always go to worship at the Church of Eilistraee every day.

Sabal Claddath
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Warblade/Swordsage
    Description: Sabal is a handsome young male grow who's muscular, tall with short white hair and pitch-black skin. He wears a chain mail armour and carries two shortswords.
    Personality: Change, adventure, travel, spiritual pilgrimage, courage, faith, religious and or spiritual activities and initiative.
    Backstory: Sabal is Balaena older brother and he's the son of Pharaun and Cazna Claddath. He's almost K'yorl best friend and Rauva boyfriend. He knows K'yorl since childhood and always been on so many adventures together along with his other drow friends Elamshin Shobalar and Kalannar Despana. Sabal considers his drow friends as brothers. Sabal loves Rauva Horlbar and they have a good relationship. Sabal gets along well with his family and K'yorl family as well. As soon as K'yorl left for adventuring, Sabal wishes him the best of luck and hope to return to start going to their own adventuring as they did in the old days. But in the meanwhile, Sabal goes on stealth missions and continue to date Rauva.

Alton Shobalar
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Swordsage/Warblade
    Description: Alton is a handsome older male drow who's tall, muscular with short white hair and pitch-black skin. He wears à chainmail armour and carries a great sword.
    Personality: Brilliant, intelligent, precise, focused, expert, macrocosmic, genius and logical.
    Backstory: Alton is the father of Elamshin and Narcelia. He's also the husband of Sabrae. He's friends with Ghaundan Horlbar, Pharaun Claddath and Dantrag Despana. He knows them since childhood in the Underdark and escapes together. They have been to many adventures together and he considers to be the brains of the groups. He's a fan of futurism and invention of artifice and constructs. He was converted to Eilistraee for worship. He met Sabrae Agrach Dyrr and married her. They have Elamshin and Narcelia to raise a family. He very good friends with the Horlbar family and he have a good relationship with them. As soon as he found out that K'yorl is going to adventuring. Alton wishes K'yorl farewell. In the meanwhile, he continues to make new inventions for the world.

Sabrae "Agrach Dyrr" Shobalar
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Swordsage/Cleric of Eilistraee
    Description: Sabrae is a beautiful older female drow who tall, thin with long white hair and pitch-black skin. She wears chain mail armour and carries a whip.
    Personality: Fair, impartial, honest, direct, clear, articulate, benevolent/malevolent
    Backstory: Sabrae Agrach Dyrr is the mother of Elamshin and Narcelia. She's also Alton wife. She's friends Chadra Horlbar, Cazna Claddath and Malice Despana. Sabrae has a military past. She served as a spy to the Drow army. She was captured by the Elves. The Elves wants information to the Drow whereabouts. She told the information of the Drow whereabouts and she switches sides to join the Elves. As soon as the Drow found out that Sabrae betrayed her own kind they were attempted to assassinated Sabrae. So she left the Underdark trying to get a better life away from her past. She met Aton Shobalar and they got married, got Elamshin and Narcelia and she was converted to Eilistraee. Sabrae is very tough and loves to get into debates and arguments. But despite her tough exterior, she's a nice person. She has a very good relationship to the Horlbar family and especially with Chadra. As she found out that K'yorl was adventuring she wishes him the best of luck and additional with Sabrae saying this "Good luck and don't screw it up." In the meanwhile, she goes to the church of Eilistraee to worship and spends time with her family.

Elamshin Shobalar
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Swordsage
    Description: Elamshin is a handsome young male drow who's tall, thin with short white hair and pitch-black skin. He wears a chain mail armour and carries two shortswords.
    Personality: Defender, action-oriented, sacrifice, powerful, primal, empowered and swiftness.
    Backstory: Elamshin is Narcelia older brother and he's the son of Alton and Sabrae. He's also friends with Kyorl Horlbar, Sabal Claddath and Kalannar Despana. They have been friends since childhood. He considers his male drow friends brothers. They have been into many adventures together. He considers the leader of the group. He's have a good relationship with his family and Horlbar family. As soon as K'yorl left for adventuring. Elamshin said, "Have a wonderful adventure dear brother." In the meanwhile, he doing an espionage mission along with Sabal and Kalannar.

Narcelia Shobalar
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Swordsage/Wizard
    Description: Narcelia is a beautiful young female drow who's tall, thin with long white hair and pitch-black skin. She wears black clothes and carries a dagger.
    Personality: Imagination, discovery, ideas, impulse, calculating, thinking, inquisitive, communication and questioning.
    Backstory: Narcelia is Elamshin younger sister and she's the daughter of Alton and Sabrae. She's also friends with Rauva Horlbar, Balaena Claddath and Saradreza Despana. Who she consider her female drow friends sisters. She knows Rauva family very well. She knows them since childhood. She loves to solve mystery and puzzles and she considers herself as a detective. She loves to learn magic as well since she adores the arcane arts very well. As Rauva older brother, K'yorl was going to adventuring. She wishes him goodbye. In the meanwhile, Narcelia continued to solve mysteries and learn magic with her sisters.

Dantrag Despana
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Wizard/Warblade
    Description: Dantrag is a handsome older male grow who's muscular and tall with pitch-black skin. He wears a green robe and carries a quarterstaff.
    Personality: Powerful, rich, practical, generous, materialistic, disciplined and reliable.
    Backstory: Dragtrag is Kalannar and Saradreza father and he's Malice husband. He's friends with Ghaundan Horlbar, Pharaun Claddath and Alton Shobalar. He's been friends since childhood. He been to so many adventures together. He escaped the Underdark to start a new life where he can be accepted. Dantrag actually loves the arts of arcane magic so he went to Boccob Arcane School Of Magic and he met Malice Eilservs. Dantrag and Malice graduate and got married after that. They have Kalannar and Saradreza to start a family. Dantrag have a good relationship with the Horlbar family. As soon as Ghaundan son, K'yorl start adventuring. Dantrag hugs K'yorl and wish him good luck. In the meanwhile Dantrag happen to be teaching at Boccob Arcane School Of Magic.

Malice "Eilservs" Despana
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Wizard/Cleric of Eilistraee
    Description: Malice is a beautiful older female grow who's tall, thin with long white hair with pitch-black skin. She wears a green robe and carries a quarterstaff.
    Personality: Nurturing, soft, compassionate, connected, open, abundant, loving and refined.
    Backstory: Malice is the Kalannar and Saradreza mother and she's Dantrag wife. She's also great friends with Chadra Horlbar, Cazna Claddath and Sabrae Shobalar. Malice always wanted to be a wizard. She used to go to Lolth School For Drow an all Drow School. But when her final assignment is to kill an Elf she refused and help the elf and herself escaped to the Underdark. The Elf thank Malice for her kindness and return back to his family. Soon she attended to Boccob Arcane School Of Magic and met Dantrag Despana. They fall in love together and they graduated. After that, they got married and she converted to Eilistraee. They soon got Kalannar and Saradreza to start a family. Malice has a very good relationship with the Horlbar family especially Chadra. As soon as Chadra son, K'yorl was going adventuring Malice kissed K'yorl forehead and wish him good luck. In the meantime, she goes to the church of Eilistraee and takes care of the family.

Kalannar Despana
    Chaotic Good Male Lesser Drow Wizard/Swordsage
    Description: Kalannar is a handsome young male grow who's tall, thin with short white hair with pitch-black skin. He wears a green robe and carries two rapiers.
    Personality: Loyal, enduring, responsible, dependable, protective, disciplined and trained.
    Backstory: Kalannar is Saradreza older brother and he's also the son of Dantrag and Malice. He's friends with K'yorl Horlbar, Sabal Claddath and Elamshin Shobalar. Kalannar is also dating Elamshin younger sister Narcelia. He been friends since childhood and they went to many adventures together. Kalannar happens to be the brains of the group and consider to be second-in-command. He loves magic which his family taught to him and loves to do espionage mission which Elamshin taught him to do. Kalnnar is dating Narcelia and they have a great relationship. Kalannar also have a great relationship with the Horlbar family. As soon as K'yorl was going to every adventuring Kalannar wish him the best of luck. In the mean time Kalannar is on a stealth mission with Sabal and Elamshin.

Saradreza Despana
    Chaotic Good Female Lesser Drow Wizard
    Description: Saradreza is a beautiful young female drow who's tall, thin with long white hair and pitch-black skin. She wears a green robe and carries a quarterstaff.
    Personality: Quiet, kind, meticulous, slow-moving, gentle and instinctive.
    Backstory: Saradreza is Kalannar younger sister. She's also the daughter of Dantrag and Malice. She's also friends with Rauva Horlbar, Balaena Claddath and Narcelia Shobalar. She's also dating Narcelia older brother Elamshin. She knows them since childhood. She consider her three female drow friends sisters. She the one who taught her sisters magic since her parents taught her magic as well. She also loves animals as well. She also enjoys shopping as well mostly on clothes and magic items as well. She dating Elamshin and they have a great relationship together. She has a wonderful relationship with the Horlbar family. When Rauva older brother K'yorl going on an adventure. She wishes K'yorl the best of luck. In the mean time, Saradreza practices her magic with her sisters.

Ok, now I'm going to post more NPC. Introducing Gary Grumps.

Gary Grumps
    Lawful Good Male Dwarf Aristocrat
    Description: Gary is a handsome older male dwarf who's short, muscular with grey hair, moustache and beard. He wears Chailmail armour and carries a dwarven waraxe.
    Personality: Kind, nice, stubborn, grumpy, caring, and brave.
    Backstory: Gary Grumps is a mayor of Herlon. He was born in a dwarven slum of the community of Herlon. He went to the all dwarves school called Moradin School for Dwarves. He took the class Political Science and pass successfully. He graduated and got into politics to run for mayor. He won by a landslide by the popular vote of the majority of the dwarves community. One of his employees reported to Gary that there was devil invasion at his city. So Gary Grumps hired four heroes to stop the devil invasion.

Ok here's my first NPC villain: Lilith Inferno

Lilith Inferno
    Lawful Evil Female Human Cleric of Asmodeus/Diabolist
    Description: Linda described herself as a beautiful young female human who's tall, thin with light-skinned and with long black hair. She wears a chainmail armour and carries a heavy mace.
    Personality: Persuasive, charismatic, dogmatic and egotistical.
    Backstory: Lilith used to worship Heironeous when she was a child. Her belief has changed over the years as a friend converted her to Asmodeus. Lilith was very loyal to Asmodeus, so loyal that she sacrifice her whole family to Asmodeus just to be killed. She has gained so many followers to convert to the Dark Lord Asmodeus. Then she became the high priestess of the Church of Asmodeus. So far she doing a great job being a high priestess.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-06-07 at 10:57 AM.