New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Need some more dice

Just D8s and D6s... not an array of "1 of every kind," and not "here's 20d8".
    Any recommendations? I don't mind spending a bit more, but I want to stay away from anything metal (damaging) or stone (breakable), as my kids get into the dice regularly. Also prefer made in the US vs. China.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Need some more dice

The simplest thing is to check out the Chessex catalog. Around page 18 is where they start listing the individual dice available in bulk. Pick out what you want and then make an order.

Otherwise, your best option is your local game store and just buy the dice you need.
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2020-04-27 at 10:10 PM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    With an average single die cost of $1.85 vs Chessex average cost of $.55? I would go with Chessex
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

There's also your GameScience dice if you want fair. Although they do tend to be a bit pricey (in generally if you have a bunch from different batches and grab at random you'll be close enough to average for most games to work properly, but beware of buying batches of d6s, I have one set of them that really likes 4s*).

* A weirdly useful number to the towards in 3d6 systems, as your rolls tend to look about average, but played havoc in Shadowrun.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-04-28 at 10:13 AM.