New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Updated through 1204
    Belkar Bitterleaf, Bugbear with Crown of Horns, Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Elan, Haley Starshine, Kraagor (as statue), Redcloak, Roy Greenhilt, Vaarsuvius

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    The bugbear is from #1036, panel 2.

Also, would it be possible to link to the other iterations of this thread in the FAQ section? There are links to some of the older ones, but not the more recent ones (IV, V, VI).
    Sure, I'll add some.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello.

I'm the user know as martianmister/marshiyanmister/marshiyanmisuta in many sites such as Serebii forums and Bulbagarden, and other places. I have been informed by a fellow site user that there is some confusion regarding the relationship between me and this thread's former admin. Discussion about it seems to died down, but I still believe that it's important to answer some questions.

For a start, I'm not her, but I used to knew her very well. She was my cousin and we even used to live together with our families. It might seen unusual to westerners, but it was common, at least used to be very common in Turkey to family members, even married ones, to live together, since prices were high. Even now me and my brothers still live with our parents. While we used to live together, we had to use same computer and same e-mail adress: [email protected]. It's a play on a comic book character's name (Martin Mystere) and family members used it as a user name since it was a pretty unique name. If you google that name there is many accounts, most of them were created by my brothers and cousins, and most of them are deactive. My account on Bulbagarden originally created by my brother in late 2000s and we both used to use it till he decide move on. My cousin's account here is probably similar, used by both her and her brother, since I don't believe that she was old enough to post several things she posted here years ago. Anyway, we used to be pretty close friends, but certain political differences regarding our country's current president throw us apart. News of her death was a big shock to me and make me regret the things I said to her. I surely hope there is still some hope for her, wherever she is, or if she exist if you don't believe life after death.

Sorry for my mediocre english skills and thank you all.

Also, PLEASE don't delete anyting posted by my cousin, despite what her brother told you about her. She deserves to have that dignity. If you have anything else to say to me, or questions, you can find me in Bulbagarden forums. I'm not using Serebii anymore. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-06-20 at 10:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by marshiyanmister View Post
    Hello.

I'm the user know as martianmister/marshiyanmister/marshiyanmisuta in many sites such as Serebii forums and Bulbagarden, and other places. I have been informed by a fellow site user that there is some confusion regarding the relationship between me and this thread's former admin. Discussion about it seems to died down, but I still believe that it's important to answer some questions.

For a start, I'm not her, but I used to knew her very well. She was my cousin and we even used to live together with our families. It might seen unusual to westerners, but it was common, at least used to be very common in Turkey to family members, even married ones, to live together, since prices were high. Even now me and my brothers still live with our parents. While we used to live together, we had to use same computer and same e-mail adress: [email protected]. It's a play on a comic book character's name (Martin Mystere) and family members used it as a user name since it was a pretty unique name. If you google that name there is many accounts, most of them were created by my brothers and cousins, and most of them are deactive. My account on Bulbagarden originally created by my brother in late 2000s and we both used to use it till he decide move on. My cousin's account here is probably similar, used by both her and her brother, since I don't believe that she was old enough to post several things she posted here years ago. Anyway, we used to be pretty close friends, but certain political differences regarding our country's current president throw us apart. News of her death was a big shock to me and make me regret the things I said to her. I surely hope there is still some hope for her, wherever she is, or if she exist if you don't believe life after death.

Also, PLEASE don't delete anyting posted by my cousin, despite what her brother told you about her. She deserves to have that dignity. If you have anything else to say to me, or questions, you can find me in Bulbagarden forums. I'm not using Serebii anymore. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the clarification. It's good to know.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why do many icons have a black semi-transparent bar across them?
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ref View Post
    Why do many icons have a black semi-transparent bar across them?
    For the same reason your avatar does: they are hosted in a free account in an image host that overlays that bar to indicate they'd rather the account was upgraded to a paid one.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Aye. Hosting the image on a new site would fix that (though only for the that one image, of course; everyone with that issue would have to do it for all them all to go away).
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

For 1205

Bugbear with Crown of Horns +1
    Durkon Allotrope Thundershield +1
    Kraagor (as statue) +1
    Redcloak +1

8. - Top - End - #68

Ah, makes sense. Thank you.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

9. - Top - End - #69

Flumph

Maybe we should rid of icons for supporting and secondary characters altogether? I was checking old threads by Wrecan and he didn't have them. They are a pain and most of them are unimportant anyway.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Precure View Post
    Maybe we should rid of icons for supporting and secondary characters altogether?
    I like the icons. You don't have any description next to most of those characters, and I can't remember many of them by name, so the icon reminds me which characters is who. I could always look them up in the wiki, but this is easier.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2020-06-23 at 02:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello again. Thanks for all the support messages.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1205
    Bugbear with Crown of Horns, Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Kraagor (as statue), Redcloak

Quote Originally Posted by marshiyanmister View Post
    Hello.

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to clarify matters for us. I'm sorry to hear that martianmister is indeed no longer with us. You have my utmost condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I like the icons. You don't have any description next to most of those characters, and I can't remember many of them by name, so the icon reminds me which characters is who. I could always look them up in the wiki, but this is easier.
    I agree, the icons are nice, and I'd like to keep them around. I still plan on doing something about them eventually, but it's a big task, and this is a bit out of my area of familiarity. I've been rather hoping that somebody with experience in this would step up in the meantime, but after I get my current set of tasks out of the way, maybe I'll have time to address this.

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

1206: Durkon, Redcloak
    You found the secret message! Don't forget to edit the wiki!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1206
    Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Redcloak

Wow. Such a simple update.

I wonder whether Redcloak will pass Nale in appearances during this scene...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VII: To Absent Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post

Here's the list of strips I gave Durkon* credit for appearing in, organized into groups of ten so that they're slightly easier to follow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1-10: 878, 879, 882, 883, 892, 893, 894, 895a, 903, 905
    11-20: 906a, 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 912, 916, 917a, 919
    21-30: 922a, 923, 925, 926, 927, 928, 929, 930, 931, 932
    31-40: 933b, 939, 946b, 947b, 948a, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956
    41-50: 957, 958, 960, 961, 962, 963a, 964, 965, 966, 968
    51-60: 982, 983, 984, 985a, 986, 987a, 991c, 992, 993, 994a
    61-70: 995, 996a, 997, 999c, 1000a, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005
    71-80: 1006, 1007a, 1008, 1009a, 1010, 1011, 1012b, 1016, 1017, 1018
    81-90: 1019, 1084, 1085, 1086a, 1087, 1088, 1089a, 1108, 1109, 1110
    91-100: 1111, 1112, 1116a, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1122a, 1123
    101-107: 1124, 1126a, 1127a, 1128b, 1129a, 1130a, 1131
    More than one page of a multipage strip (1-10): 906b, 917b, 922b, 946c, 948b, 963c, 985b, 987b, 994b, 996b
    More than one page of a multipage strip (11-20): 1000b, 1000e, 1007b, 1009b, 1086b, 1089b, 1116b, 1122b, 1126b, 1129b
    More than one page of a multipage strip (21-22): 1130b, 1130c
    Speaking of villains with a high number of appearances, I finally got around to reconciling the additional appearances now that we're counting him when he doesn't speak and when he was a thrall. I did notice that you missed #934 in that list.

Edit: I think the issue is that 933 is a typo. Durkon is not in #933.
    Last edited by knag; 2020-07-08 at 11:15 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

A thought occurred to me: should the "Durkon Turns Undead" bonus strip at the end of Book 5 count as an appearance for Vampire Durkon?
    EDIT: On second thought, he's apparently meant to be a ghoul in that strip so probably not. I just found it amusing that the design remained basically unchanged and his only line was even the same as Vampire Durkon's very first line ("RRRRARRRGHH!!!").
    Last edited by Gift Jeraff; 2020-07-07 at 09:51 PM.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Speaking of villains with a high number of appearances, I finally got around to reconciling the additional appearances now that we're counting him when he doesn't speak and when he was a thrall. I did notice that you missed #934 in that list.

Edit: I think the issue is that 933 is a typo. Durkon is not in #933.
    Thanks so much for double-checking my work! I'm pretty sure what was going on there is that I was looking at the strips in the book, not in the online comic, and in the book, the first half-page of #934 is treated as the last half-page of #933. (It's possible that I'm misremembering, since I'm currently unable to get to my copy of Blood Runs in the Family, but I think that's what my thinking was.)

Luckily, due to the way the panels are arranged, the total number of pages Durkon is in is the same no matter how you do the counting, so I don't think that affects our final number. Please do let me know any other discrepancies that you discover, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    A thought occurred to me: should the "Durkon Turns Undead" bonus strip at the end of Book 5 count as an appearance for Vampire Durkon?
    EDIT: On second thought, he's apparently meant to be a ghoul in that strip so probably not. I just found it amusing that the design remained basically unchanged and his only line was even the same as Vampire Durkon's very first line ("RRRRARRRGHH!!!").
    Ha, I totally missed that joke! Thanks for pointing it out, that's hilarious.

I did seriously consider including that as an appearance for Vampire!Durkon, but ultimately came to the same conclusion you did, albeit for slightly different reasons - he's not in any meaningful sense the same character as the vampire spirit that Hel created to occupy Durkon's body. The ghoul thing is another good reason to treat him as a different character, though.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2020-07-08 at 04:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

We have like 40 missing images, and they’re even more broken than the last time they broke.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Would it be helpful if I hosted the images on a private webserver? Seems like the problem is we've migrated them from free host to free host that keeps blocking them eventually. Where do the original files reside?

Also:
    #1207: Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Redcloak

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

The statue of Kraagor can also be seen in panel 5.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Would it be helpful if I hosted the images on a private webserver? Seems like the problem is we've migrated them from free host to free host that keeps blocking them eventually. Where do the original files reside?
    Most of them are still on imgur, it just may or may not serve them depending on the Referer and other magic, so you can access them still. Update: ah, you want the ones on photobucket. I don't know then. The last time I looked they were mostly on imgur.

Update: wait, didn't we have a separate thread collecting smilies, including extra one for the same character? I'll try to find that. Yeah, Order of the Stick Smilies, also mostly on photobucket. Some images were on the wayback machine, let me look.

Update: https://web.archive.org/web/20191208...ng-things-quot plus https://web.archive.org/web/20180228...ng-things-quot has most of the smilies. Copy them from there, then find the differences elsewhere on the Wayback machine.

Also for the three I made (the Minrah face is probably not the best one to use, someone else made a better one later), try
    Spoiler: avatars
    Show
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2020-07-16 at 09:15 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Since imgur seems to work I've collected all the old bitbucket smilies and uploaded them there.

You could pull the direct link from those images.
    Last edited by knag; 2020-07-16 at 04:23 PM. Reason: removing bad link

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Since imgur seems to work I've collected all the old bitbucket smilies and uploaded them there.

(the link is not working for me - just takes me to an error page, I'm afraid)

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry, I guess I don't really understand imgur. These are the direct links I think:

Spoiler: Long list of smilie links
    Show

https://i.imgur.com/yOJ6HMs.png
    https://i.imgur.com/TbvSGgE.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Dw4keUD.png
    https://i.imgur.com/2bJQune.png
    https://i.imgur.com/XAu1B1E.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/DmwUqSe.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Ue2RaBf.png
    https://i.imgur.com/f2e6utr.png
    https://i.imgur.com/LSv2LFn.png
    https://i.imgur.com/AOW1UMr.png
    https://i.imgur.com/z2BKtUR.png
    https://i.imgur.com/WQScrRF.png
    https://i.imgur.com/N4mLo7k.png
    https://i.imgur.com/nj0HAdf.png
    https://i.imgur.com/xtJz0BX.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/yXi1Ke4.png
    https://i.imgur.com/uFrEbmS.png
    https://i.imgur.com/D0KxYCV.png
    https://i.imgur.com/QMid12Y.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Z9DQIxz.png
    https://i.imgur.com/yVN3nge.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Re9DkC2.png
    https://i.imgur.com/5nOIlxu.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/nwhfQiA.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/3xjGby5.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/fHcSmJv.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/VLs1AAQ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/nrxdg7S.png
    https://i.imgur.com/fnkU78x.png
    https://i.imgur.com/0i2kPP5.png
    https://i.imgur.com/NQ3v3BV.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/0cNv2Pt.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/RomrE3N.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Fk7ojCb.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/HV2TMuq.png
    https://i.imgur.com/LMjhaTN.png
    https://i.imgur.com/eTgPakB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/MDk6w3a.png
    https://i.imgur.com/PgsbFfp.png
    https://i.imgur.com/GZoazdD.png
    https://i.imgur.com/xdv5Ol1.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kieXAgm.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/E6jEuIQ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/EqBtbkr.png
    https://i.imgur.com/D32NcQH.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/2UMXwIv.png
    https://i.imgur.com/5tYB4C9.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/nZzYSkk.png
    https://i.imgur.com/OSBB47U.png
    https://i.imgur.com/os79kk6.png
    https://i.imgur.com/AcS3xKR.png
    https://i.imgur.com/qeqtHAA.png
    https://i.imgur.com/JAfPe2O.png
    https://i.imgur.com/CXVbHMs.png
    https://i.imgur.com/or0HSEw.png
    https://i.imgur.com/8SOEGuX.png
    https://i.imgur.com/w8DcerJ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/KOfcaM2.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/cXt2Ea5.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Q2D2oJj.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/jLeWSFF.png
    https://i.imgur.com/BATbPij.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/ffu7oEf.png
    https://i.imgur.com/QmRAWt3.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/del8b1H.png
    https://i.imgur.com/w4irhik.png
    https://i.imgur.com/DI5ZklU.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/afAcK85.png
    https://i.imgur.com/W7VgPE6.png
    https://i.imgur.com/jHNWPsT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/FST8lx5.png
    https://i.imgur.com/pTaXZAP.png
    https://i.imgur.com/TJJCMAi.png
    https://i.imgur.com/54s4Bc4.png
    https://i.imgur.com/8iTJ34F.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Dn53oli.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Z5SScUg.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ofyd1aH.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ju7YhTw.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/C0DKPeJ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/KYKYzLI.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ssSYEjc.png
    https://i.imgur.com/md861oN.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/0kwIBC9.png
    https://i.imgur.com/F09lPOo.png
    https://i.imgur.com/sQ9D0GC.png
    https://i.imgur.com/S0i02wg.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/1fWXkg9.png

25. - Top - End - #85
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I believe imgur is no longer allowing users to use imgur as an image hosting site.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, well I'm willing to host them, with the caveat that if the bandwidth required gets to be too much I might shut them down.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1207
    Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Kraagor (as statue), Redcloak

I'm sorry for the delayed update, y'all. I've spent the past week moving most of my possessions between addresses, and it's been incredibly time-consuming. I'm mostly done now, though, so I should be able to update more quickly going forward.

Ok, well I'm willing to host them, with the caveat that if the bandwidth required gets to be too much I might shut them down.
    Thank you so much! That's incredibly helpful. Please let me know if the bandwidth does get to be too much; I'd be happy to contribute to keep it viable for you.

I've updated the images in the OP, and added all of the other missing ones that I could track down, too (including Kraagor, who just reached Recurring Character status and thus merits a smilie for the first time). That leaves 13 missing icons, one for each of the following characters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kudzu (Secondary Character, 27 appearances)
    CotS Usher with Long Hair (Supporting Character, 23 appearances)
    Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair (Supporting Character, 20 appearances)
    Priestess of Hel with Long Hair (Supporting Character, 18 appearances)
    Logann Brightstone (Supporting Character, 17 appearances)
    Odin (Recurring Character, 13 appearances)
    Kandro (Recurring Character, 12 appearances)
    Oona (Recurring Character, 12 appearances)
    Vampire Dwarf with Brown Beard (Recurring Character, 12 appearances)
    High Priestess of Frigg (Recurring Character, 11 appearances)
    High Priest of Mani (Recurring Character, 11 appearances)
    Tinna (Recurring Character, 11 appearances)
    Vampire Dwarf with Red Ponytail (Recurring Character, 11 appearances)

I really doubt that I have the graphical skill to create high-quality versions of these - I checked, and there doesn't appear to be a shortcut, besides ordinary cropping and copy/pasting - but I suppose I'll give it a try if nobody else is able to make them by the end of the month.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2020-07-22 at 11:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

1208: Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Kraagor (as statue), Redcloak

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1208

Kraagor's statue has now passed Haley's petrified form as the statue with the most appearances in the comic.

I will likely implement the vampire-related changes we've discussed soon. As it currently stands, here are said changes:

Malack will cease appearing as two different characters, since he has never appeared as anything but a vampire in possession of his host's body.
    Vampires whose hosts have appeared as living beings will be treated as two separate characters, the same way that Durkon and Durkon* now are. The host will be treated as appearing in every strip that their body shows up in, whether that form is that of a living being, a corpse, or a vampire. The vampire will be treated as appearing in every strip where his or her vampirized body and/or speech bubble appears.
    Since these characters are being tracked as separate, they will no longer appear in the "notable alterations" section as "alternate magical forms."

I think that's everything, and I think that roughly reflects the thread consensus when we last discussed the topic. Please let me know if you agree or disagree, since this is a moderately significant change, and although I see it as an improvement, and I think most of you do as well, it would be nice to be sure.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2020-07-29 at 09:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    Updated through 1208

Kraagor's statue has now passed Haley's petrified form as the statue with the most appearances in the comic.

I will likely implement the vampire-related changes we've discussed soon. As it currently stands, here are said changes:

Malack will cease appearing as two different characters, since he has never appeared as anything but a vampire in possession of his host's body.
    Vampires whose hosts have appeared as living beings will be treated as two separate characters, the same way that Durkon and Durkon* now are. The host will be treated as appearing in every strip that their body shows up in, whether that form is that of a living being, a corpse, or a vampire. The vampire will be treated as appearing in every strip where his or her vampirized body and/or speech bubble appears.
    Since these characters are being tracked as separate, they will no longer appear in the "notable alterations" section as "alternate magical forms."

I think that's everything, and I think that roughly reflects the thread consensus when we last discussed the topic. Please let me know if you agree or disagree, since this is a moderately significant change, and although I see it as an improvement, and I think most of you do as well, it would be nice to be sure.
    Lurker here, but I want to voice my support for this change. It makes intuitive sense to me and will clean up the list considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Related thought: 5e D&D PC with Hermit background. Discovery is that the universe is just a 5e D&D campaign. Trade in herbal kit proficiency for a gaming set proficiency: 5e D&D. Your "scroll case stuffed full of notes of you studies"? The PHB, DMG, and MM.
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." -- Harlan Ellison