New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Just want to point out that the drawings on the wall may count as appearances if we get enough context to figure out what they are.
    You found the secret message! Don't forget to edit the wiki!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1225
    Lien, O-Chul

O-Chul has now appeared on 155 pages, putting him in 12th place overall. Lien has now appeared on 68 pages, which ties her with Right-Eye for 25th place overall.

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    Just want to point out that the drawings on the wall may count as appearances if we get enough context to figure out what they are.
    Good call. One of them in particular looks a bit like a stick figure to me, but I'm not a Patreon patron of The Giant (yet), so I don't have access to a high-resolution version of the comic, so it's very possible that I'm mistaken.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

1126: O-Chul, Lien, Serini

In addition to this I should note that Serini has the appearances of the mysterious cloaked figure and mysterious green voice, which is 2 strips and one extra page.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If we take the assumption that the cloaked figure and the mysterious voice are both Serini, and that we somehow knew that before 1226 came out, then this comic brings her from 122nd place of words spoken to 100th. She now has 444 words, between the Shadowdancer (448) and “Kaboom” Redaxe (427). Also, we have seen and/or heard her in 31 panels, 25 of which have her speaking.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Will "Quarterling Serini" be an alteration worthy of inclusion here?
    A student by vocation, a D&Der by avocation (a wizard by evocation).

Order of the Stick Trivia XXIII: 50% More Entertaining than Speculating About MitD!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

1227 - Like Riding a Bike

Lien +1
    O-Chul +1
    Serini Toormuck +1
    Troll* +1
    Xykon +1
    (Sound Effect +1)

*I’m lumping them in with the pair from 492 and one on page 24 of On the Origin of PCs.

With this installment, Serini jumps up to 77th place, with 638 words spoken. This puts her between Cliffport Police Chief (641) and the Narrator from the printed version of Dungeon Crawlin’ Fools (618). She’s not far behind her old pal Lirian, who has 672.

Lien still has 493 words left to catch up to Blackwing, and O-Chul needs 1,432 to catch up to Tarquin.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-02-25 at 09:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

1/4 troll-Serini is an interesting alteration... though we haven't really seen her depicted in the regular art style any other way. All of her other appearances are as crayon drawings or in her diary. So is it actually an "alteration"?

I would say the Trolls are not the same as the ones in #492. For one thing those trolls are in Celestia. And if all trolls are the same trolls, we're into the region of "nameless mooks" like hobgoblins, ninjas, Azurite soldiers, etc. who we don't count by the rules of this thread.
    Last edited by knag; 2021-02-25 at 09:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

1/4 troll-Serini is an interesting alteration... though we haven't really seen her depicted in the regular art style any other way. All of her other appearances are as crayon drawings or in her diary. So is it actually an "alteration"?

I would say the Trolls are not the same as the ones in #492. For one thing those trolls are in Celestia. And if all trolls are the same trolls, we're into the region of "nameless mooks" like hobgoblins, ninjas, Azurite soldiers, etc. who we don't count by the rules of this thread.
    We do see her self-portrait in her diary in comic 196. I don’t know if that counts, though.

What is included in this tally and my own overlap a lot, but there are some that I have beyond the scope of what’s here. I mention stuff like this for my benefit, and anyone who’s interested in my list. I do have the nameless mooks, of all types. I edited my post to refer also to the troll that was planning on eating Elan and Sir François; although I’m sure they are all separate groups, without any real distinguishing features (even the ones in Celestia don’t look holy or anything), I treat them as one big pile.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1226
    Lien, O-Chul, Serini Toormuck

Updated through 1227
    Lien, O-Chul, Serini Toormuck, Xykon

Lien has now appeared on 70 pages, putting her solidly in 25th place, ahead of Right-Eye, who drops to 26th place. Xykon remains in 9th place, between Redcloak and Blackwing, having now appeared on 229 pages. O-Chul has appeared on 157 pages, putting him in 12th place, between Hinjo and Nale.

Serini has now appeared on 12 pages, putting her in such hallowed company as Elan's Horse, High Priest of Mani, and Mechane Crewman with five o'clock shadow (RIP). I think she's in an 18-way tie for 139th place, but I could be off on that.

Serini's new status as a three-eighthling/one-quarter-troll definitely merits an entry as a Notable Alteration. The question is, should her appearance in #1189 be listed as an example of her altered appearance? On the one hand, her unique speech bubble appears there; on the other hand - well, you can't actually see her, so there's no interesting "alternate form" to observe. This could go either way, so I figured I'd put it to the thread before I list it either way.

Finally, I'd like to apologize for the recent delayed updates to this thread. I recently started my first-ever 9-to-5 (well, 10 to 7) desk job, and I'm still trying to figure out how to balance having a regular job with everything else. It's not as if I don't have time to update this index anymore - I just need to find a new balance and a new system for organizing my time and various commitments, that's all.

I agree about the trolls. You make an interesting point about what Serini's "default" appearance is; obviously, an alteration has to have a default that it's being altered from. Since we've now seen her most frequently in her post-Xykon state (ignoring bonus material), perhaps her crayon form should be listed as an alternate appearance, as well as, perhaps, her (barely) pre-troll form in #1227.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2021-03-03 at 12:46 AM.

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.

10. - Top - End - #160

Just noticed something, I’m pretty sure that the count for O-Chul is off, his page 2 and 3 appearances in 1189 wasn’t counted so it should be 54+93+12.
    Show

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

For 1228 - No Intention

Lien +1
    O-Chul +1
    Serini Toormuck +1
    Xykon +1
    (+ Sound Effects)

This installment gives us some interesting milestones.

We passed 500,000 total words spoken (500,149 to be specific) in a little over 64,000 panels (we passed that a couple comics back).

O-Chul broke 10,000 words, making it so all of the top ten have 10k or more. He has spoken in over 600 panels, now.

No major progress for Lien. She is 480 words behind Blackwing, with appearances in 425 panels, 272 where she speaks.

Serini jumps from 77th place to 60th with 963 words. She is between Hank (960) and Lee (967). She has been in 52 panels, 46 with speaking.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-03-08 at 10:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Updated through 1228
    Lien, O-Chul, Serini Toormuck, Xykon

Weird that Xykon has appeared on each of the last two pages, despite technically not being present during this scene.

Lien has now appeared on 71 pages, tying her with Shojo for 24th place. No other notable changes in rankings, except that O-Chul has now appeared in more online strips than Zz'dtri (again).

Just noticed something, I’m pretty sure that the count for O-Chul is off, his page 2 and 3 appearances in 1189 wasn’t counted so it should be 54+93+12.
    I thought I counted those appearances, but it's obviously been a long time since then, so I can't be sure. After work I'll go back and go over the tallies with a fine-toothed comb to double-check.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2021-03-08 at 11:53 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    Lien has now appeared on 71 pages, tying her with Shojo for 24th place. No other notable changes in rankings, except that O-Chul has now appeared in more online strips than Zz'dtri (again).
    Lien is also tied with Eugene, making these three tied for the secondary characters with the most page appearances (presuming you fudge the numbers a bit and count O-Chul’s 160 pages as making him worthy of major character).

I thought I counted those appearances, but it's obviously been a long time since then, so I can't be sure. After work I'll go back and go over the tallies with a fine-toothed comb to double-check.
    It’s cool, my page count numbers for O-Chul were off too after all (and Roy’s were even worse before I mostly just reverted my numbering to yours)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

For 1229 - No Chance:

Lien +1
    O-Chul +1
    Serini Toormuck +1

Sound Effects +1

Not much change for Lien and O-Chul, today. Both are far enough behind the character with more words, that I don’t expect to see then move any time soon.

Serini, though, broke 1,000 words (she’s up to 1,199 - very chatty). That puts her in 53rd place, behind Mr. Jones (1,206) and ahead of 4th Edition Roy Greenhilt (1,131). Of all of the characters, sorted by words spoken, she is the first one who has lines in over 90% of her appearances.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-03-17 at 10:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

This puts Lien as the character with the 23rd most pages (tied with Bandana), her and O-Chuck are so close to being major characters by strip count, and she’s pretty close to my definition by page (which is at 100+ Pages)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just a quick little question: What do those plus signs mean (such as 660+185+108 for Roy)?

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by ziproot View Post
    Just a quick little question: What do those plus signs mean (such as 660+185+108 for Roy)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Da FAQ
    Q. What's with the stuff in red and blue?

A. Red means an appearance in bonus strips from the books (including the coloring books), the Kickstarter extras, and the strips published in Dragon Magazine. Each page of the book or magazine is treated as a separate strip. Blue means an appearance on multiple pages of a multi-page comic.
    characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cool, thanks. I had a filter on so I could not see the different colors.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

For 1230 - That’s His Bad:

Belkar Bitterleaf +1
    Durkon Thundershield +1
    Elan +1
    Haley Starshine +1
    Lutey the Lutetastical Lute +1
    Minrah Shaleshoe +1
    Mr. Scruffy +1
    Quippie +1
    Roy Greenhilt +1
    Vaarsuvius +1

No big milestones in this one. Everyone’s word count rank is pretty firm for all the main characters. Vaarsuvius is 2 words away from 28,000, so that’s something.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-03-26 at 08:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yxylu View Post
    For 1230 - That’s His Bad:

Belkar Bitterleaf +1
    Durkon Thundershield +1
    Elan +1
    Haley Starshine +1
    Lutey the Lutetastical Lute +1
    Minrah Shaleshoe +1
    Mr. Scruffy +1
    Quippie +1
    Roy Greenhilt +1
    Vaarsuvius +1

No big milestones in this one. Everyone’s word count rank is pretty firm for all the main characters. Vaarsuvius is 2 words away from 28,000, so that’s something.
    Apparently I need to get the book because I had no idea about Quippie...

Also, is Elan wearing Armand Vestinghole under his jacket? Meh, I just that's not an "appearance" huh?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Thecommander236 View Post
    Apparently I need to get the book because I had no idea about Quippie...

Also, is Elan wearing Armand Vestinghole under his jacket? Meh, I just that's not an "appearance" huh?
    Until Armand actually appears on camera, I’m not counting him (it?) as being there. The last time we’ve seen Señor Vestinghole is the flashback in 1203, or in real-time in 1188.

Lest you think I’m ignoring the Vest, I’ve kept track of all *sigh* 2,225 times it has appeared in a panel.
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-03-27 at 10:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

I was just looking through the wiki and stuff and I’ve checked and it looks like Amyth Brightstone has 11 appearances, not 10.

962, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1130, 1162, 1167, 1174, 1175, 1179, 1180

So others can check that’s the list of strips she’s in (she’s very hard to see in 1130 but she’s there).
    EDIT: meanwhile Firuk Blackore has only 9 that I can find (1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1152, 1180, 1182, 1185)
    Last edited by Schroeswald; 2021-04-06 at 10:08 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

I've been reluctant to weigh in on differences between the number of appearances listed in this thread and the number tracked on the wiki. For some characters, it's impossible to audit the discussion trail on what strips they appeared in, because the old threads got deleted a while back. The only character I remember pushing this on was Wrecan, because I thought he deserved an accurate count!

But you could do this with the whole list and find that there are a number of characters (especially characters with a lot of appearances, such as the OOTS) with different numbers in the wiki than here. At least with the wiki it's easy enough to look and see what strips the character is claimed to be in. It's much harder to verify the count in this thread. Where the wiki is higher, I'd say there's a strong argument to up the number, since you can just check each strip listed. Where the wiki is lower, there may have been strips missed, which is harder to pin down.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I've been reluctant to weigh in on differences between the number of appearances listed in this thread and the number tracked on the wiki. For some characters, it's impossible to audit the discussion trail on what strips they appeared in, because the old threads got deleted a while back. The only character I remember pushing this on was Wrecan, because I thought he deserved an accurate count!

But you could do this with the whole list and find that there are a number of characters (especially characters with a lot of appearances, such as the OOTS) with different numbers in the wiki than here. At least with the wiki it's easy enough to look and see what strips the character is claimed to be in. It's much harder to verify the count in this thread. Where the wiki is higher, I'd say there's a strong argument to up the number, since you can just check each strip listed. Where the wiki is lower, there may have been strips missed, which is harder to pin down.
    If it would be useful, I have my separate tally, which could provide a third (fourth?) data point. It’s all in Excel, and I can filter by character to look at one at a time. Maybe we could take on a project to audit a handful of characters a week, or something. I’d recommend not starting at the top, though. Or the bottom. I know the official count doesn’t include absolutely everyone, but mine has 1,982 different characters. Many of those we can safely ignore.

Just to be clear, I am not in any way attacking or thinking poorly of Emanick. This a thankless task, especially taking over for someone else, and having lost a fair amount of the discussion certainly doesn’t help. I’d like to contribute how I can.

For the record, I agree with the numbers that Schroeswald has for Amyth and Firuk. I also show her in 1182a, and he shows up in On the Origin of PCs, pages 14 and 19.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

I confirm those counts (include bonus strips) for Amyth and Firuk.

I'd be happy to participate in an audit cross-referencing our counts! I can easily pull the wiki count into an .xlsx format as well for easy sorting.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Yxylu, I'm hearing crickets from the gallery here. But if you want to do it with me I'm game. My list has 1017 different characters, which mostly line up with this list. It has a few additional Paladins of the Sapphire Guard and is missing some from SSDT (which I don't own). Do you want to cross-check a block of characters with me? Say... Recurring Characters? Or Minor Characters with 8-10 appearances?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yxylu, I'm hearing crickets from the gallery here. But if you want to do it with me I'm game. My list has 1017 different characters, which mostly line up with this list. It has a few additional Paladins of the Sapphire Guard and is missing some from SSDT (which I don't own). Do you want to cross-check a block of characters with me? Say... Recurring Characters? Or Minor Characters with 8-10 appearances?
    Let’s start with recurring characters. I’ll try to have a substantial number of them done this weekend. Let’s start at the top of that group. I need to be careful, though, as I think I include sources that the official count doesn’t.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, Here is my start with the Recurring Characters:

Spoiler: Too much text!
    Show

The official counts are in-line with the names; my counts are in the spoiler boxes.
    Cedrik (19+1+3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (380, 632, 633, 634, 635, 637, 638, 640, 641, 656, 659, 667, 668, 897, 903, 914, 918, 1183)
    1 (BRitF-2) (plus the Anniversary and Villains Calendars)
    3 (633, 634, 896)

CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (19+1+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    19 (994, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1095, 1109, 1111, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1166, 1167, 1174)
    1 (1170a)
    2 (994, 1086)

Lee (19+1+3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (380, 632, 633, 634, 635, 637, 638, 640, 641, 656, 659, 667, 668, 897, 903, 914, 918, 1183)
    3 (633, 634, 896)

Nero (19+1+3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 (633, 634, 896)

Niu (19+2+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (512, 513, 523, 524, 526, 528, 534, 535, 705, 706, 707, 779, 824, 825, 826, 827, 865, 887)
    1 (BRitF-1) (plus the Anniversary and Villains Calendars)
    3 (511, 827-2, 827-3)

Thirden (19+2+4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (958, 956, 991, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1128, 1129, 1162, 1163, 1165, 1167, 1174, 1178, 1179, 1185)
    1 (1182a) (plus the Monsters, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars)
    6 (991-2, 991-3, 1086, 1128, 1130, 1166)

Bozzok (18+7+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (579, 580, 609, 613, 614, 615, 618, 619, 620, 645, 887, 942, 970, 974, 980)
    7 (642b, 642e, BRitF-2, OtOoP-09, OtOoP-11, OtOoP-12, Stick Tales-33) (plus the Villains Calendar and two cards from the Board Game)
    5 (602, 610, 979, 980-2, 980-3)

Kraagor (18+3+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 (196, 276) I haven't been counting the statue as appearances of him.
    3 (SoD-043, WaX-300, WaX-301) (plus the Heroes Calendar)
    1 (276)

Oona (18+0+4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1189, 1203, 1213, 1214, 1216, 1221, 1222)
    0 (plus the Monsters, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars)
    5 (1035, 1039, 1212, 1216, 1222)

Roy's Archon (18+0+4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 510, 525, 534, 536, 565, 572, 600, 601, 664)
    5 (498, 499, 500-2, 500-3, 600)

Ganonron (17+0+3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (633, 635, 656, 658, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650, 652, 653)
    3 (639, 643, 652)

High Priestess of Odin (17+1+5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 17 (997, 998, 999, 1000, 1001, 1003, 1004, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1024, 1179)
    2 1 (Utterly Dwarfed Round 3) (plus Wallpaper 06)
    5 (998, 999-2, 999-3, 1000, 1012)

Jephton the Unholy (17+0+3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (633, 635, 636, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 645, 646, 647,648, 649, 650, 652, 653)
    3 (639, 643, 652)

Mr. Jones (17+9+0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 (32, 50, 65, 159, 228, 268, 271, 272, 278, 280, 282, 287, 734, 735, 805, 806)
    8 (855a, DM-#351, DM-359, HJ-02, HJ-07, Stick Tales 35, Stick Tales 36) (plus two cards from the Board Game and the Heroes, Stick Tales, and Magic Items Calendars)
    1 (284)

Logann Brightstone (17+2+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    14 (962, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1162, 1163, 1166, 1169, 1171, 11751, 1179, 1180, 1185)
    2 (1182a, Utterly Dwarfed Round 9) (plus the Spells Calendar)
    3 (1086, 1130, 1170)

Yikyik (17+13+0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 (43, 44, 47, 48, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 63, 69, 74, 75, 142, 668, 725)
    11 12 (BRitF-1, DCF Round 3, DSP-483, HJ-02, HJ-03, HJ-04, HJ-07, HJ-25, NCftPB-120, Stick Tales-34, WaX-300, WaX-301) (plus 7 cards from the Board Game and the Villains, Monsters, Stick Tales, and Magic Items Calendars)

Boot Wight (16+0+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 16 (513, 514, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 541, 700, 708, 709, 828, 829, 830)
    1 (708a)
    2 (830-2, 830-3)

Geoff (16+0+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (744, 746, 758, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 779, 814, 815, 887, 940, 941, 942)
    0 (plus the Stick Tales Calendar)
    2 (758, 798)

Hoskin (16+0+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (958, 962, 991, 1086, 1088, 1089, 1128, 1129, 1162, 1163, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1174, 1185)
    0 (plus the Monsters Calendar)
    3 (1086, 1130, 1166)

Julio Scoundrél (16+11+5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (389, 390, 391, 392, 930, 931, 932, 933, 935, 937, 938, 943, 946, 959, 988)
    11 (389a, JS-1, JS-2, JS-3, JS-4, JS-5, JS-6, Js-7, JS-MB, JS-TP, WaX Round 5) (plus 2 cards from the Board Game and the Heroes and Monsters Calendars)
    6 (389, 392-2, 392-3, 933, 936-2, 936-3)

Soul-Muncher (16+4+0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 (50, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854, 856, 857, 858, 859, 860, 861, 862, 864)
    5 (855a, 864a, HJ-03, HJ-04, HJ-25) (plus the Villains Calendar)

Greyview (15+0+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1189, 1203, 1213, 1214, 1217, 1221, 1222)
    4 (1039, 1212, 1216, 1222)

Phil Rodriguez (18+8+0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    14 (32, 65, 159, 230, 241, 268, 272, 280, 287, 734, 735, 805, 806, 998)
    8 (DM-#351, DM-#359, HJ-02, HJ-07, HJ-08, SSaDT-BCP, Stick Tales-35, Stick Tales-36) (plus a card from the Board Game and the Anniversary, Heroes, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars)
    1 (284)

Windstriker (15+5+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (174, 189, 200, 208, 209, 210, 211, 224, 251, 368, 374, 375, 415)
    4 (121a, 313a, DStP-485, WaX Round 4) (plus the Anniversary Calendar)
    3 (200-2, 200-3, 373)

Wrecan (15+1+7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (986, 987, 989, 992, 993, 994, 997, 998, 999, 1000, 1003, 1008, 1009, 1018, 1025)
    2 1 (993a) (plus the Spells Calendar and Wallpaper 06)
    7 (987, 994, 998, 999, 1000-2, 1000-3, 1000-4)

Girard Draketooth (14+3+4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    7 (196, 276, 277, 693, 694, 695, 846) The italicized ones are the illusionary versions.
    3 (SoD-43, WaX-300, WaX-301) (plus the Heroes Calendar)
    3 (276, 277, 842)

High Priestess Rubyrock (14+1+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 (997, 1000, 1003, 1011, 1016, 1019, 1023, 1024, 1086, 1144, 1179)
    2 1 (Utterly Dwarfed Round 3) (plus the Monsters Calendar and Wallpaper 06)
    4 (998, 999, 1000, 1012)

Shirra Copperbottom (14+1+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (958, 962, 1086, 1088, 1089, 1128, 1129, 1162, 1174, 1179, 1183, 1185)
    1 (Utterly Dwarfed Round 9) (plus the Monsters Calendar)
    4 (1086, 1128, 1130, 1166)

Veldrina (14+1+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (986, 987, 989, 992, 993, 994, 997, 999, 1002, 1010, 1016, 1022, 1023)
    2 1 (993a) (plus the Monsters, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars and Wallpaper 06)
    3 (987, 1000-3, 1000-4)

Yukyuk (14+2+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (790, 792, 799, 800, 802, 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 843, 848, 888)
    2 (837a, 855a) (plus the Spells Calendar)
    1 (839)

Daimyo Kubota (13+5+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (412, 413, 414, 484, 503, 509, 562, 589, 590, 592, 593, 594, 595)
    5 (BRitF-2, BRitF-3, DStP-485, Spoiler Alert 03, Spoiler Alert 15) (plus the Villains Calendar)
    2 (592, 593)

Flumphs (13+2+0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (55, 74, 120, 174, 210, 271, 292, 346, 444, 526, 805, 1090)
    3 (JJ-20, Stick Tales 35) (plus 2 cards from the Board Game, the Anniversary, Heroes, Stick Tales, and Magic Items Calendars and Wallpaper 02)

Frost Giantess with Axe and Tattoos (13+0+3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (1059, 1060, 1061, 1063, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069, 1070, 1071, 1073, 1074)
    4 (1060, 1067, 1075-2, 1075-3)

High Priestess of Freya (13+1+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    10 (997, 1000, 1002, 1011, 1016, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1179)
    4 (998, 999, 1000, 1012)

High Priestess of Sif (13+1+1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 10 (997, 1001, 1004, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1179)
    4 (998, 999, 1000-2, 1000-4)

Miron Shewdanker (13+1+2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (757, 758, 759, 915, 916, 918, 921, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928, 945)
    1 (HJ-07) (plus the Anniversary, Villains, Stick Tales, and Spells Calendars)
    2 (916, 945)

Odin (13+3+5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    8 (137, 273, 1141, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1150)
    3 (SoD-036, SoD-040, SoD-046)
    5 (273, 274, 453, 1145, 1148)

Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-04-14 at 07:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

For 1231 - Technically Still Changes Minds (+251 words):
    Parenthetical notes are most recent comic, and date thereof.

Durkon Thundershield +1 (1230, 26 Mar 2021)
    Minrah Shaleshoe +1 (1230, 26 Mar 2021)
    Odin +1 (1150, 31 Dec 2018)
    Thor +1 (1177, 26 Aug 2019)
    Thor’s Planetar +1 (1150, 31 Dec 2018) (806, 19 Sep 2011)

Word count changes:
    Durkon (22,145) is still firmly between Vaarsuvius (27,998) and Redcloak (18,940), staying in 6th place.
    Minrah is sneaking up on Sabine (3,203) with her 3,182 words, and remains in 27th place.
    Odin (171) jumps from 215th place to 200th, putting him between Knot-Topped Resistance Leader (174) and Gnomish Clothier (170).
    Thor (3,925) remains in 21st place between Lien (4,077) and Right-Eye (3,761)
    Thor’s Planetar (294) moves from 138th place to 134rd, between Professor Xavion (295) and Felix (292).
    Thor's Planetar (108) is now tied for 250th place with Isamu, between the High Priest of Sunna (109) and (tied at 107) the Goblin Teen w/Braces and the High Priest of Balder.

(I originally had Thor's Planetar as the same character as Durkon's Deva. The non-struck text correctly separates them)
    Last edited by Yxylu; 2021-04-13 at 08:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

In general, the wiki doesn't count appearances on multiple pages of a single strip, so I won't be confirming the blue counts, just the black and red.

I'm a little confused as to why you list appearances for second pages (blue count), when the strip is not listed in the main count. But I accounted for this in comparing.

We agree that the count in this thread are not right for:
    Thirden
    Logann
    Yikyik
    Windstriker
    Julio Scoundrel

You have an additional appearance for:
    High Priestess of Sif (need clarification)
    High Priestess of Odin (need clarification)
    Yukyuk (disagreement with the thread consensus)

You have one fewer appearance for:
    Boot Wight

The thread overcounts:
    Mr. Jones (no way to know if we are wrong)

Comments in-line:

Quote Originally Posted by Yxylu View Post
    Okay, Here is my start with the Recurring Characters:

Spoiler: Too much text!
    Show

The official counts are in-line with the names; my counts are in the spoiler boxes.
    Cedrik (19+1+3)
    Confirmed. (Wiki was missing bonus strip.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 (633, 634, 896)

CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (19+1+2)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    19 (994, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1095, 1109, 1111, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1166, 1167, 1174)
    1 (1170a)
    2 (994, 1086)

Lee (19+1+3)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 (633, 634, 896)

Nero (19+1+3)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 (633, 634, 896)

Niu (19+2+1)
    Confirmed. Clarify that 827b is a bonus appearance, so counts as both blue and red.
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (512, 513, 523, 524, 526, 528, 534, 535, 705, 706, 707, 779, 824, 825, 826, 827, 865, 887)
    1 (BRitF-1) (plus the Anniversary and Villains Calendars)
    3 (511, 827-2, 827-3)

Thirden (19+2+4)
    Confirmed on 19, I only have 1182a as a bonus strip. Should be +1?
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (958, 956, 991, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1128, 1129, 1162, 1163, 1165, 1167, 1174, 1178, 1179, 1185)
    1 (1182a) (plus the Monsters, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars)

Bozzok (18+7+2)
    Confirm 18 (579, 580, 602, 609, 610, 613, 614, 615, 618, 619, 620, 645, 887, 942, 970, 974, 979, 980)
    You miscopied the blue strips from Thirden for this one so I can't confirm you have them all.
    Confirm 6 bonus appearances outside of Stick Tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (579, 580, 609, 613, 614, 615, 618, 619, 620, 645, 887, 942, 970, 974, 980)
    7 (642b, 642e, BRitF-2, OtOoP-09, OtOoP-11, OtOoP-12, Stick Tales-33) (plus the Villains Calendar and two cards from the Board Game)

Kraagor (18+3+2)
    Confirmed. I do count the statues.
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 (196, 276) I haven't been counting the statue as appearances of him.
    3 (SoD-043, WaX-300, WaX-301) (plus the Heroes Calendar)
    1 (276)

Oona (18+0+4)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1189, 1203, 1213, 1214, 1216, 1221, 1222)
    5 (1035, 1039, 1212, 1216, 1222)

Roy's Archon (18+0+4)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 510, 525, 534, 536, 565, 572, 600, 601, 664)
    5 (498, 499, 500-2, 500-3, 600)

Ganonron (17+0+3)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (633, 635, 656, 658, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650, 652, 653)
    3 (639, 643, 652)

High Priestess of Odin (17+1+5)
    I have 17. Where is HP of Odin in 1010? Confirm +1 and I don't count wallpapers yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 (997, 998, 999, 1000, 1001, 1003, 1004, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1024, 1179)
    2 (Utterly Dwarfed Round 3, Wallpaper 06)
    5 (998, 999-2, 999-3, 1000, 1012)

Jephton the Unholy (17+0+3)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 (633, 635, 636, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 645, 646, 647,648, 649, 650, 652, 653)
    3 (639, 643, 652)

Mr. Jones (17+9+0)
    Confirmed 17. Agree with you on +6 and I don't track the two Stick Tales yet. Thread count is over and above our counts... should be +6 I think unless this thread has tracked Stick Tales...?
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 (32, 50, 65, 159, 228, 268, 271, 272, 278, 280, 282, 287, 734, 735, 805, 806)
    8 (855a, DM-#351, DM-359, HJ-02, HJ-07, Stick Tales 35, Stick Tales 36) (plus two cards from the Board Game and the Heroes, Stick Tales, and Magic Items Calendars)
    1 (284)

Logann Brightstone (17+2+1)
    Agree with you on 16 total appearances and 2 bonus. Official count is 17. Should be 16?
    Spoiler
    Show
    14 (962, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1162, 1163, 1166, 1169, 1171, 1175, 1179, 1180, 1185)
    2 (1182a, Utterly Dwarfed Round 9) (plus the Spells Calendar)
    3 (1086, 1130, 1170)

Yikyik (17+13+0)
    Agree with you on 16 total appearances. Official count is 17. Should be 16?
    I have Yikyik in H&J p. 26, so my total bonus count is +11 but we disagree as to why. Again I don't know if the Thread counts Stick Tales. Should be +11 or +12?
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 (43, 44, 47, 48, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 63, 69, 74, 75, 142, 668, 725)
    11 (BRitF-1, DCF Round 3, DSP-483, HJ-02, HJ-03, HJ-04, HJ-07, NCftPB-120, Stick Tales-34, WaX-300, WaX-301) (plus 7 cards from the Board Game and the Villains, Monsters, Stick Tales, and Magic Items Calendars)

Boot Wight (16+0+2)
    Agree with the thread on 16 total appearances. I'm counting him in 513 but you are not. He gets the boots in 516.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (514, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 541, 700, 708, 709, 828, 829, 830)
    1 (708a)
    2 (830-2, 830-3)

Geoff (16+0+1)
    Confirmed 16.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (744, 746, 758, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 779, 814, 815, 887, 940, 941, 942)
    0 (plus the Stick Tales Calendar)
    2 (758, 798)

Hoskin (16+0+2)
    Confirmed 16.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (958, 962, 991, 1086, 1088, 1089, 1128, 1129, 1162, 1163, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1174, 1185)
    0 (plus the Monsters Calendar)
    3 (1086, 1130, 1166)

Julio Scoundrél (16+11+5)
    Confirmed 16. He appears as a doll in SoD p. 85. I don't track the JS Kickstarter yet. So I have 3 and with those 8 it should be +12.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (389, 390, 391, 392, 930, 931, 932, 933, 935, 937, 938, 943, 946, 959, 988)
    11 (389a, JS-1, JS-2, JS-3, JS-4, JS-5, JS-6, Js-7, JS-MB, JS-TP, WaX Round 5) (plus 2 cards from the Board Game and the Heroes and Monsters Calendars)
    6 (389, 392-2, 392-3, 933, 936-2, 936-3)

Soul-Muncher (16+4+0)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 (50, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854, 856, 857, 858, 859, 860, 861, 862, 864)
    5 (855a, 864a, HJ-03, HJ-04, HJ-25) (plus the Villains Calendar)

Greyview (15+0+2)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1189, 1203, 1213, 1214, 1217, 1221, 1222)
    4 (1039, 1212, 1216, 1222)

Phil Rodriguez (18+8+0)
    Confirmed 15. Wiki is missing SSDT and Stick tales
    Spoiler
    Show
    14 (32, 65, 159, 230, 241, 268, 272, 280, 287, 734, 735, 805, 806, 998)
    8 (DM-#351, DM-#359, HJ-02, HJ-07, HJ-08, SSaDT-BCP, Stick Tales-35, Stick Tales-36) (plus a card from the Board Game and the Anniversary, Heroes, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars)
    1 (284)

Windstriker (15+5+2)
    Windstriker also appears in 415. My count is 14, yours is 13 and the official 15. Should be 14?
    Also appears in WXP frontmatter p. viii. Agree with official count at +5
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (174, 189, 200, 208, 209, 210, 211, 224, 251, 368, 374, 375)
    4 (121a, 313a, DStP-485, WaX Round 4) (plus the Anniversary Calendar)
    3 (200-2, 200-3, 373)

Wrecan (15+1+7)
    Confirmed. Official count doesn't include the wallpapers I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (986, 987, 989, 992, 993, 994, 997, 998, 999, 1000, 1003, 1008, 1009, 1018, 1025)
    2 (993a, Wallpaper 06) (plus the Spells Calendar)
    7 (987, 994, 998, 999, 1000-2, 1000-3, 1000-4)

Girard Draketooth (14+3+4)
    I agree with the official count. Confirmed on bonus strips. You seem to not count the appearances in the family tree painted on the wall or when only the statue of him is shown (you do count his corpse).
    My count (196, 276, 277, 693, 694, 695, 841, 842, 843, 846, 847, 856, 900, 905)
    Spoiler
    Show
    7 (196, 276, 277, 693, 694, 695, 846) The italicized ones are the illusionary versions.
    3 (SoD-43, WaX-300, WaX-301) (plus the Heroes Calendar)
    3 (276, 277, 842)

High Priestess Rubyrock (14+1+1)
    Confirmed 14. Confirmed +1, if thread doesn't track wallpapers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 (997, 1000, 1003, 1011, 1016, 1019, 1023, 1024, 1086, 1144, 1179)
    2 (Utterly Dwarfed Round 3, Wallpaper 06) (plus the Monsters Calendar)
    4 (998, 999, 1000, 1012)

Shirra Copperbottom (14+1+2)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (958, 962, 1086, 1088, 1089, 1128, 1129, 1162, 1174, 1179, 1183, 1185)
    1 (Utterly Dwarfed Round 9) (plus the Monsters Calendar)
    4 (1086, 1128, 1130, 1166)

Veldrina (14+1+2)
    Confirmed assuming Thread doesn't track wallpapers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (986, 987, 989, 992, 993, 994, 997, 999, 1002, 1010, 1016, 1022, 1023)
    2 (993a, Wallpaper 06) (plus the Monsters, Stick Tales, Magic Items, and Spells Calendars)
    3 (987, 1000-3, 1000-4)

Yukyuk (14+2+1)
    Tough one. Wiki doesn't confirm that the kobold is Yukyuk. Since Yukyuk dies in 848, it wouldn't necessarily make sense for him to be there in the Dream Wedding, but I supposed he could have been raised. Otherwise confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 (790, 792, 799, 800, 802, 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 843, 848, 888)
    2 (837a, 855a) (plus the Spells Calendar)
    1 (839)

Daimyo Kubota (13+5+2)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (412, 413, 414, 484, 503, 509, 562, 589, 590, 592, 593, 594, 595)
    5 (BRitF-2, BRitF-3, DStP-485, Spoiler Alert 03, Spoiler Alert 15) (plus the Villains Calendar)
    2 (592, 593)

Flumphs (13+2+0)
    Confirmed as far as I know. The wiki doesn't yet count wallpapers (maybe we should? Stick Tales is KS only?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (55, 74, 120, 174, 210, 271, 292, 346, 444, 526, 805, 1090)
    3 (JJ-20, Stick Tales 35, Wallpaper 02) (plus 2 cards from the Board Game and the Anniversary, Heroes, Stick Tales, and Magic Items Calendars)

Frost Giantess with Axe and Tattoos (13+0+3)
    Confirmed at 13+0.
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 (1059, 1060, 1061, 1063, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069, 1070, 1071, 1073, 1074)
    4 (1060, 1067, 1075-2, 1075-3)

High Priestess of Freya (13+1+1)
    Confirmed at 13+1(wiki was missing 1012, and we don't count wallpapers yet).
    Spoiler
    Show
    10 (997, 1000, 1002, 1011, 1016, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1179)
    4 (998, 999, 1000, 1012)

High Priestess of Sif (13+1+1)
    Agree with Thread count at 13 (997, 998, 999, 1000, 1001, 1004, 1010, 1012, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1179) Where is HP of Sif in 1011?
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 (997, 1001, 1004, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1018, 1019, 1022, 1023, 1179)
    4 (998, 999, 1000-2, 1000-4)

Miron Shewdanker (13+1+2)
    Confirmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 (757, 758, 759, 915, 916, 918, 921, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928, 945)
    1 (HJ-07) (plus the Anniversary, Villains, Stick Tales, and Spells Calendars)
    2 (916, 945)

Odin (13+3+5)
    Should be 14 appearances: 137, 273, 274, 453, 998, 999, 1012, 1016, 1141, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1150) Confirmed on Bonus appearances. I think the thread counted him when he spoke through his high priestess (yellow speech bubble).
    Spoiler
    Show
    8 (137, 273, 1141, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1150)
    3 (SoD-036, SoD-040, SoD-046)
    5 (273, 274, 453, 1145, 1148)