New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Defend Your Plane Puppets (IC)

Caught between Hayato and Kizashi as well as struck by ball lightning, the greater ice kaiju is destroyed within moments.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Da’Shain - Initiative 40
    Greater Ice Kaiju - Initiative 27 (DEAD)
    Eosi - Initiative 27 [Readied Action to Vital Strike as soon as the wall of force falls or another kaiju makes itself available]
    Jazz - Initiative 27 (delayed from 28)
    Golden Galeridden - Initiative 27 (delayed from 30)[Current Turn]
    Champion of Darkness - Initiative 26
    Shadow Kaiju - Initiative 23 (Cursed, both of them)
    Sharkodile - Initiative 22 (DEAD)
    Seductive Kaiju - Initiative 17 (DEAD)
    Skeletal Caster - Initiative 13
    Demonic Kaiju - Initiative 13 (delayed from 18)
    Lesser Ice Kaiju - Initiative 13 (delayed from 16)
    Firstborn - Initiative 13
    Tentacle Kaiju - Initiative 9
    Prospero - Initiative 3
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-05-18 at 03:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Golden delays his turn until after Eosi.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jazz tries again to communicate information to the group again. He uses his Leonal as proxy to communicate to them, communicating to his Leonal in draconic who then tells the group who knows celestial information about the kaiju and whether they want another wall of force to starve off spells and the enervations that those kaijus are lobbing at them. He makes sure his information is short and has the essentials. He will then wait to see what others would do to before he acts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Jazz delays after Eosi but before Champion of Darkness.

Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-08 at 07:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prospero understands both languages, and replies in Draconic. "We seem to be doing well, so far. Keep letting them through one at a time, and we should mop them up quite nicely. Glad to see a fellow scholar, by the way."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eosi's soul candle flickers for a moment, but then glows brightly, banishing the shadows around it. With a gesture she sends it forward, lighting up part of the area outside the wall. She follows up by drawing and throwing Aurora at the Sharkodile, which finally collapses.

Spoiler: OOC Summary
    Show
    Soul candle gets 2 checks to overcome the darkness (due to elemental breach, see below). The first is a nat 1, but the second works. The soul candle now has a bright light radius of 30ft, and a normal light radius of 60ft. Eosi keeps it within 15ft of everyone who's within 15ft of her, but moves it forward as far as it will go subject to that requirement.

Take (2d6)[8] cold damage. Swift action to Elemental Breach, followed by an Eldritch Elemental Hammer on the Sharkodile which fails to dispel anything but still brings the enemy down. (Spending 1 animus to make the attack do fire damage). Gain 5THP from cruel.

Readying my other standard action to vital strike as soon as the wall falls or an enemy otherwise makes itself available.

Spoiler: Soul Candle
    Show

Any allies within 15ft of Eosi get the following:
    Fire resistance 6
    The ability to 5ft step as a swift action
    Immunity to death effects, +6 to saves vs undead
    An emergency heal that can be used as an immediate action when you'd otherwise be knocked out.

6. - Top - End - #36

Golden delays his turn until after Jazz.

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

Jazz looks around after seeing many dark energy rays lobbed at the party. Those enervations were lobbed to target weaker targets especially Jazz and the vanara. He looks at the great transparent wall his summon erected, pose tight and hands clutching his staff tightly as if bracing for something. He is thinking of adding another layer of defense; a wall of stone with angled walls in the interior as a cover to from enemy fire while providing his allies in the form of archways fit for their height for their attacks except himself to fly true should their first defense in the form of a transparent but sturdy wall crumble and the group is about to be targeted by malicious magic rays or magic that is wide enough to devastate an army. He will make sure that he will be near the edge of the created angled walls that will stop and weaken a fireball or any related radius spells from reaching him.

Show

Readied action wall of stone to provide total cover to the group (prioritizing him first then as much allies as he can cover) with zigzag/angled walls (sort of like simple maze like path but without hampering allies attacks but enemies AoE spells for defense and openings the size of a little above their size and height for enemy vision and offense excluding himself. Half thickness to double wall area. Jazz make sure to make an angled wall near him. Condition for readied action is effect that harm the party; singular and AoE effects.

Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-18 at 01:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Golden recognizes Eosi immediately and mumbles "Ehh ... what are you doing here??"

As he's distracted and unsure where to fire his arrows, Golden opts for some mobility instead. He focuses for a brief moment and takes a deep breath. Then blows out as he manifests spirit stride glyphs around himself and his allies.

Full-Round Action
    All allies within 30ft of Golden get this (IL=16).
    Spoiler: Spirit Stride
    Show
    Spirit Stride: As a free action, the affected ally can teleport to any unoccupied space they can see within 5 feet per two initiator levels. The ally does not require line of effect, and this glyph expires once used.

Swift Action
    Fortified Hearth Glyph on Golden

Free Action
    Keep up inspire courage

Tempo
    start of turn 16 - 2 = 14
    bardic performance: 2 uses

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing the light down below, as well as the retreat of the skeletal caster. The champion of darkness turns around and starts flying away. The shadow kaiju both take a step away from the wall of force, before teleporting.

The wall of force still blocks passage out and faint flickers of darkness is still a potential hazard. But within the safety of Eosi's soul candle, which suppresses all of the darkness, you feel the immediate threat is fading.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    With all the kaiju retreating, we can end initiative.
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-05-19 at 05:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prospero keeps his sphere of lightning active, in case the enemy's retreat is merely a feint, but takes a moment to catch his breath and look over his newfound allies of circumstance.

"Greetings... would comrades be appropriate? I am Prospero. With whom do I have the honor of fighting beside?" He cycles through Draconic, Celestial, and the common tongues of two eras until he's understood.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Firstborn tilts her head at the others for a moment, then snaps her fingers and chants a little, body glowing for a few moments before fading. "Hello! Just needed to weave a tongue-spell for a moment. What were you saying, dearie?" she asks Prospero, her animalistic face cracked into a kindly smile.

12. - Top - End - #42

AssassinGuy

Jazz loosens up as the kaijus retreat, happy that he does not need to waste any spell. The leonal translates the mage's speech causing him to touch his throat, imbuing his being with a tongues spell. Once finished, the summoner gives his summon to watch the open entrance and renew the wall if he sees any enemies dare disrupt their conversation and before its time in this plane is up. He is not too worry about the immediate action to renew it once the short-lived wall of force is gone.

"Just your everyday kaiju hunter."

His tone is laced with sarcasm and grimness.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-20 at 07:04 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Eosi snaps her fingers, and the soul candle flicks back above her head. She turns to the first speaker. "Good to meet you, Prospero. I'm Eosi, and the man with the bow and music is called Golden. I'm afraid don't know any of the rest of you?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I'm generally called Firstborn, so we'll use that, I think" Firstborn replies, giving a whistle as Thumper flits over to land on her shoulder. "And this little troublemaker is Thumper. So, we're here to protect the Anchorstone, at least that's what the stone told me in our long slumber."

15. - Top - End - #45

Golden keeps his guard up. His eyeballs remain glued to the outside of the door. "Guys ... I would love to get to know everyone here but ... I doubt this is over, we let some of them escape - perhaps they're coming with reinforcements. Who has a plan??!" He tilts his head to the left in order to signal that they should present their ideas, while also keeping the direction of his head towards the door, bow and arrow still in hand.

Mechanics:
    Using 4 Tempo (persists for 1 minute after battle) to regain 2 rounds of bardic performance.

16. - Top - End - #46

MindFlayer

Sheathing his blade with little flourish, the demon-masked man turns to regard his allies. "Hayato," he mutters simply in response to Prospero's query. His gaze lingers on Firstborn for a moment before sweeping over the rest of them.

"I can do this all day," he states unemotionally. "Or I can hunt them down. But we are bound to protect this stone; they may have retreated simply to draw us out."

17. - Top - End - #47

AssassinGuy

"Jazz."

Jazz looks at Eosi. She is much smaller than what he read. But size does not mean anything than the deeds of inspiration. He nods at Hayato's practical assessment, seeing that he has almost the same thoughts. The summoner at last shift so that his eyes addresses everyone

"I don't know about you. Seeing that we are duty-bound defending this stone lest we lose our lives, my current plan is walling the choke-point to our advantage. Anyone got any greater ideas?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-21 at 08:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

While the conversation continues, Eosi quickly shifts the form of her soul candle. It flares with a warm light, illuminating the area and the wounds of her and her allies. She starts moving it round the room, ensuring everyone who needs it is healed.

Show
    Switching my Bonfire effect to give fast healing equal to my illumination, which is currently 6 (but will drop down to 1 if we go for a minute without fighting). Then moving it round the room to try and heal anyone who needs it. If anyone took ability damage, then after the healing is done she'll switch it into ability damage healing mode, in which anyone who needs to can take a standard action to heal 2 ability damage. Once that's done, she'll switch it back to emergency heal mode.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Eosi, and Golden? The Eosi? I am honored, my lady.

"Fortifying the area is a sound beginning, sir Jazz, but the... kaiju, you called them? They seemed capable of battering down most defenses, in an alarmingly short amount of time. I can go outside to scout the area, and more, weave a storm that should help to discourage interlopers, if no one objects."

20. - Top - End - #50

His intense focus on the gate persists as the group discusses the next move. Sweat drips down his forehead as he keeps his arrow - strained in his bow - waiting for another monster to lurk around the corner.

And all that intensity ... just vanishes immediately when he hears that Prospero seems to be more honored by Eosi than by himself. He turns around "Wait a minute. We don't know each other yet right? Maybe we hail from different regions. Eosi's heroics sure are legendary. But did you hear the story yet of how one time Golden went toe-to-toe with a colossal Cyclops???" He makes an O with his hand by connecting his thumb and index finger, and holds it in front of his forehead, while blowing up his cheeks, and wiggling his stiffed up body from left to right.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Firstborn lets out a little laugh, a melodious and bright thing, leaning back and letting her face split into a massive smile. "I don't know all the details child, but its less about where and more about when. I remember as a half dream, but we are gathered from across time and ages. Or maybe I forsaw this. I am getting rather old." she says, giving a conspirstorial wink. "I was alive when magic was first harnessed from the winds of creation, dearie. I was the first to harness them."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I've heard of many of your exploits as well, Sir Golden, and am honored likewise; though that particular story escapes me at the moment."

"The Firstborn is correct... when I lived and fought, the two of you were centuries dead, or so it was believed, though your stories of fighting against the Dark Ruler were an inspiration to myself and many others."

He looks at Firstborn with interest as well; if she speaks truly, just imagine what secrets she would have to teach...
    Last edited by WarDragon; 2020-05-22 at 09:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

"Ohhh boy are you in for a treat." The relief of Prospero also be a fanboy of his is immense. Although Golden tries to play it off as it's something that doesn't matter to him. He then realizes that he may seem like a hypocrite if he would start elaborating on one of his conquests - when before that he told everyone to focus at the task at hand. "They're counting on you to be the leader, to be the example ... They need the Hero Golden ..."

He smiles towards Prospero. "At our first campfire, I'll make sure to tell you the full version of the Cyclops story. But first, let's figure a way out of here. Do we have some smart people who can investigate this ... stone and come up with an idea so we can all get out of here??"

Firstborn's remarks about time mull through his head. He doesn't really understand what they meant. Although he doesn't want to be the one person in the group that doesn't get it. First impressions are everything you know ...

24. - Top - End - #54

AssassinGuy

Jazz shakes his head.

"I can further Firstborn's answer. I was from a future, much later than Prospero where all of your legends were captured in books. The arts that you showed me were gone as well as arcane magic. It was a war-torn future. Kaiju reigned, destabilizing the realm but not as closer to their goal here the stone told me than my time. They were much weaker then. Way easier to kill. I am not going over the goings. Suffice to say, the entire plane and world were veering to their fated end. Some of us were able to delay the gradual decay for a while. Enough talk. The more we idle, the less we get to prepare for the second wave."

He gestures to the nothingness behind them.

"Let us make sure that the stone is well-protected before we attempt an investigation on the stone that bound our existence to it."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-25 at 09:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Very well," Prospero says with a nod. "I would very much like to have a look at the stone that sustains us, and apparently the world, before we move on. Perhaps we can learn something we can use to keep it safe."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Firstborn nods at Jazz's answer, and turns to walk up the stairs to the ruined doors, looking outside with a faraway look on her features. "I wonder why they attack the stone as they do though." she turns and calls back down to Jazz "I can create some stone walls, if you wish, good and strong ones. Still, it seems like... Hmmm" she gives her head a shake and falls silent.

27. - Top - End - #57

Golden seems happy that the guys with good brains figured out how to proceed. Without really understanding what they want to do, he says: "Mm hmm that sounds like a plan. Let's put it to execution." and nods while looking the others in the eye. He surely seems to know what he's talking about, right?

28. - Top - End - #58

AssassinGuy

Jazz looks at Firstborn.

"Must be the fact they cannot get to the stone through teleportation and destroy it right away. This room or the stone has something to do with it."

He then shrugs at the Vanara's plan.

"Funny. I have the exact thought of that before the monsters hightail out of here. That is not a bad idea. Before we do that, let's assess ourselves for injuries. Anyone injured from the fight?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-25 at 10:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"My head feels a bit fogged from the effects of the shadow aura, but physically, I am whole."

30. - Top - End - #60

Golden looks at everyone - expecting action yet not seeing any. He holds out a flat hand and spins it around, tilting his head forward as he widens his eyes. "Chop chop ..."