New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Defend Your Plane Puppets (IC)

"Everyone who's injured, move towards the light above me, and it'll heal your wounds." Eosi looks at Jazz. "I'm afraid the damage you suffered from the things' magic may be beyond my power to cure fully, though."

Spoiler: OOC Reminder
    Show
    Eosi's soul candle gives fast healing in its current mode, and she can change it into a mode which lets you spend a standard action to heal 2 ability damage. However, it can't help with negative levels.

Eosi walks over to take a look at the stone, leaving her soul candle behind to handle any remaining healing. There are probably other people who are better qualified to investigate its arcane properties, but they're currently busy preparing, whereas her skills require little preparation. As she goes, she pulls out another wand and casts Detect Magic on herself before looking at the stone.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-05-29 at 02:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

The Anchorstone radiates an overwhelming aura. The conjuration school mixed with the warp sphere is most dominant, though auras from other schools and spheres radiate from it as well. The magic auras seem to blend in with the rest of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can make a difficult Spellcraft check to identify the stone's properties.

Seeing clearly the flow of the magic emanating from the stone, Eosi realizes that while it is tied to this room it also causes the room to act almost like its own pocket realm within the plane. As such the entrance is also a planar gate of sorts. As for the room itself, it can exist in multiple locations at the same time, with its true location only revealed when someone actively checks where it is. This function seems to be tied to mortal life, meaning as long as the plane is dead the location of the room will be locked in place.

As for the stone itself, it acts as a corner stone for the whole plane. If the stone was to be destroyed then the world itself will start fall apart and to dissolve.
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-05-29 at 06:42 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After telling his Leonal summon about the healing properties of the candle, Jazz chuckles as he watch his Leonal clambers towards the light. He never see a biped lion man walk before because of his focus on the Kaijus in his lifetime. Now, in the moment of brief peace, he appreciates what is missing in his life; appreciation of the creatures beyond those he fought against. He turns his head back to the previous entryway.

"Any luck with your findings, Eosi?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-05-30 at 06:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prospero examines the stone closely, in awe of the eldritch power it contains.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+28)[45] Spellcraft

5. - Top - End - #65

"Not a lot more than I think we already knew. This room is its own pocket of reality, not quite in the normal world. And it used to exist in multiple places at once, but it seems that relies on the world outside being inhabited. And I assume the Kaiju don't count.

"It also looks like it would also be a bad idea to let the stone be destroyed. As in a 'reality falling apart' level of bad idea."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Golden stands in the middle, demanding the attention. "Can we ..." he pauses for dramatic effect "... bring the stone with us?" One eyebrow is raised as he looks at everyone intensely.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That would be... difficult, I believe. The Kaiju are likely drawn to its presence, and outside of this complex, they would be able to attack it from all sides. I hesitate to even suggest it, but we may need to split up; some of us go and search for resources to use, while others remain here and guard the stone."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Moving to the Stone, the Firstborn looks it over for a few moments before starting to chant in low, steady syllables, and from the ground spring thick stone slabs which she seems to manipulate with her hands, creating a crude, but solid barrier around the object of their predicament. She turns and looks at the discussion continuing between the others. She seems content for a while to let them chat, but eventually she gives her head another small shake and raps her rod against the stair railing. "We got all sorts of problems, if we're being honest. We don't even know if, back home, there's anything still there. So we need to scout."

9. - Top - End - #69

AssassinGuy

Jazz nods.

"Scouting is not my forte. I am good at denying the Kaiju the stone and barring the entry to protect this place so I will remain."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-06-13 at 09:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I suppose I shall volunteer for the scouting party," Prospero says. "With flight, I'm relatively mobile, without need for physical exertion, and I can always raise some nasty weather to cover a retreat. Besides which, I'd like to learn more about these kaiju."

11. - Top - End - #71

Eosi considers. "If you think you can handle protecting this place, I'd prefer to go with the group exploring the area, and find out what we're facing. I have flight too, unless it gets dispelled. Jazz, are you sure you don't want to come? You seem to come from the age closest to this one, so we could do with your knowledge."

Show
    How about we have the players who recently left stay behind to guard the stone, while those of us who are still active go out exploring?
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-06-16 at 01:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

Jazz plays with his staff and eyes it with a focused gaze.

"Yes, my knowledge would be helpful. Despite that, I doubt I would be able to do much out there. The way I manifest my magic is different from your age. I rely on emotions and thoughts. I cannot use my magic if I am unnerved or distracted. Thus, kaijus that can frighten me, effects that forces me to concentrate on my spells and perhaps severe weather can make me near useless. If you can offset those weaknesses, I will consider it. But there is still the matter of the stone. Right now, the stone is vulnerable from sneak attacks. The kaijus created an opening by breaking down the doors. If I am not here and the kaijus attack the group that remained, one kaiju can use the fighting as a distraction to sneak into the main chamber and destroy it. It is better to send a small party to scout and report back at least until we figured out a way to ensure its total safety without worrying about it."

The summoner looks at Eosi.

"Unless we have those sorted out."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2020-06-21 at 04:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Some of the heroes choose to stay behind and protect the Anchorstone, while the rest head out to scout the surrounding area.

Outside you find that you are on a small hill with the ruins of a city spreading out below, with several humanoid zombies and skeletons busy finishing up their looting of the remains. On a neighboring hill you see a ruined castle with a colossal linnorm impaled upon the tallest tower, that is surrounded by negative energy.

Beyond the remains of the city walls, there are cleared fields of rolling hills with small forests in the distance. Near the horizon the land starts turning into a dead wasteland. The air is biting cold, with patches of mist creeping through the streets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Those who are going out scouting should post what measures they are taking to stay hidden, etc.
    Current Weather Conditions: Wind Severity 1, Cold Severity 4, Precipitation Severity 2.
    Note that Cold Severity 4 requires a Fort save every 10 minutes (cold weather outfit reduces this to every hour) to avoid 1d6 nonlethal cold damage.

14. - Top - End - #74

Eosi shivers, floating a couple of feet above the hilltop to take in the sight. Despite everything, the sight of so much that has been lost is unnerving to her. She focusses for a moment, and her soul candle's light takes on a slightly bluish tint, protecting her and the others in the scouting party from the cold.

She looks down to see if she can see any interesting or important looking buildings in the ruins of the city before ducking back down.

Show
    Switching my active element to cold, since one of the effects my candle gives is resistance to cold damage, with a value equal to my illumination. Outside combat that's just resistance 1, but I believe that's still enough to protect against environmental damage.

For stealthy measures, I have a constant Pass Without Trace active thanks to one of my magic items. That same magic item can also give everyone a +5 competence bonus to stealth for 1 hour; I don't know if that will just be duplicating benefits everyone has already though.

Eosi is also capable of either prolonging a magic effect cast on her, or sharing it out so everyone gets it instead of just her. If she sees anyone considering casting a spell, she'll point this out.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-07-02 at 06:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Firstborn sends Thumper with the others, jumping onto Eosi's shoulder as the scouting party leave. "Got any problemos, and you can count on me to get the message back t'the old lady! he explains, the rabbitlike fey looking around as they fly up. "Eldest, someone really should fire the groundskeeper around here. Just terrible work!"