New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I hate you. Okay, now recruiting allies for a quest to utterly destroy Xihirli and Valmark. Any takers?
    If I join you do I get an extra life in your villians game?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Nice! I can finally stop pretending to be too busy to post. You nailed me on that one, Aventine.

Great game wolves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

smile Re: Crazy Idea Mafia

Basket of puppies being willing to risk doing the kills, Elanna being gracious enough to not flaunt her position as Strongman to get it, Logan's vote support and good observations, flat_footed playing up the strategic time delays...

Obviously you all did much, much, much more than this to ensure our win, but I lucked out on not only getting on a large team, but everyone then being really good at what they do. Really well done.

(although my artificial attempt to annoy the Strongman into targeting me failed, so, sorry Elanna?)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Nice! I can finally stop pretending to be too busy to post. You nailed me on that one, Aventine.

Great game wolves!
    Ew.

I said that more as a standard disclaimer than anything; I am very much not a fan of the "be really quiet so nobody can get a read on you" strategy.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Ew.

I said that more as a standard disclaimer than anything; I am very much not a fan of the "be really quiet so nobody can get a read on you" strategy.
    It was more born of indecision than anything. There were times I felt like posting would seem more wolfy than not, so I allowed it to happen, perhaps too much. XD

Regardless, that was a one trick pony. Now anytime I'm quiet it's going to look wolfish by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #486
    Halfling in the Playground

My pronouns are she/her, not he/him. Can you please fix that in the closing narration? Also I’d like to do this again, but maybe Town has the most powerful version of any ability, to make it more likely that people will pick it?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    If I join you do I get an extra life in your villians game?
    Tempting, but I can’t unbalance my game any more than it already is. Otherwise it might break without AV even doing anything to it.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #488
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I updated my sig. Oh well, I suppose losing my streak now at least gives me less pressure for future games!

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

I updated my sig. Oh well, I suppose losing my streak now at least gives me less pressure for future games!
    Not that I mind what you wrote, makes me all fuzzy inside to figure in someone's signature, but why leave out Lord Athos? He was the Strongman after all.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Not that I mind what you wrote, makes me all fuzzy inside to figure in someone's signature, but why leave out Lord Athos? He was the Strongman after all.
    Because you came up with the idea and Xihirli is Xihirli. I’ll add him anyway.

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #491
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    My pronouns are she/her, not he/him. Can you please fix that in the closing narration?
    Oops, sorry. Been messin' a lot of stuff up this game. >.>

Ficks'd.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Orc in the Playground

I'm just not important enough.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Athos View Post
    I can try and kill you if that makes you feel better? Wait, no, that's what Xihirli would do...

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Athos View Post
    Don't worry, you matter to your mafia buddies <3 until we're back to gunning each other.

Which is already happening.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-05-22 at 05:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Apparently I'm scary to scum? Not sure why, but given I was killed, mindslaved and spied on by the mafia, aliens and werewolves respectively and the cultists tried to recruit me...

I was the only person who couldn't pick scum? :(

Well, Xihirli, I kept that promise I made in HP deadchat. Not my fault I never actually got results.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently I'm scary to scum? Not sure why, but given I was killed, mindslaved and spied on by the mafia, aliens and werewolves respectively and the cultists tried to recruit me...

I was the only person who couldn't pick scum? :(

Well, Xihirli, I kept that promise I made in HP deadchat. Not my fault I never actually got results.
    You are the second worst enemy I'd wish on anybody in Werewolf/Mafia, and the first one got lynched Day 1, so...

Though if I had known you were the only Neutral I wouldn't have pushed for your kill.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You are the second worst enemy I'd wish on anybody in Werewolf/Mafia, and the first one got lynched Day 1, so...

Though if I had known you were the only Neutral I wouldn't have pushed for your kill.
    Worse than Xihirli?

- - - Updated - - -

And if you don't want me as your enemy, I recommend not murdering me.

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Default RE: Crazy Idea Mafia

Worse than Xihirli?
    Well, yeah. Xi died almost last, so she can't be the number one if they died day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you don't want me as your enemy, I recommend not murdering me.
    And where's the fun in that?

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, yeah. Xi died almost last, so she can't be the number one if they died day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

And where's the fun in that?
    I know AV is top of the lost, I just expected Xihirli to be higher.

And we could work together, we could be allies! We've been allies three games out of five so far and won all of them, whereas here we were enemies and neither of us won, so... just ignore the fact that I murdered you and won in X-Mafia. That never happened.

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

I know AV is top of the lost, I just expected Xihirli to be higher.

And we could work together, we could be allies! We've been allies three games out of five so far and won all of them, whereas here we were enemies and neither of us won, so... just ignore the fact that I murdered you and won in X-Mafia. That never happened.
    I had forgotten about X-Mafia. Not guilty anymore.

Joking. Anyway sure, I value more as an ally then an enemy, but you were clearly an enemy this game (except you weren't but nevermind that) so it was a non-issue :p

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Random wall-of-text comments on the QTs

Quote Originally Posted by Alien QT N1
    But i think it's ok, the cultists are most likely the weakest group right now (one just got killed off) so weakening the town and strengthening the cultists might be ok.
    Meanwhile, us wolves were like "cultists are the most dangerous because they can recruit, better target them first"

Quote Originally Posted by Alien QT D2
    I figure someone is blocking Duck, because the cult/wolf/mafia are unlikely to protect an agent if they have better powers to guard.
    Meanwhile, the wolf doctor only ever protected one of our secret agents. (The logic being that none of us looked particularly more likely to die than anyone else, and we were risking one secret agent by having them do the kills and possibly be tracked, so we might as well protect the other one.)

I didn't realize mindslavers could also be an ability seer. It makes sense, I just hadn't thought it through that far.

Also, the fact that mindslavers get to use the factional ability if they target someone not using an ability is really powerful. Especially since mafia and werewolves (who you would expect to be the majority of non-alien people, since cult usually starts pretty small and town was tiny) both have a factional kill, so all they have to do is find a mafia or werewolf strongman or secret agent and they get an extra kill for each mindslaver. For future games, maybe if they target someone not using an active ability it just blocks the ability but doesn't do anything else? Possibly with the addition that they get a kill only if they target a strongman (which is what I thought it was originally).

It continues to amuse me that cultists flipped a coin to pick their N1 conversion and got the only townie in the game.

Also, for what it's worth I genuinely thought Caoimhin was non-town the whole time. Shows how much I know, I guess.
    OTOH I only sort of believed Valmark's trio theory (props to Valmark on that), and I was mostly just pushing it in order to get non-wolf people lynched. Still proud of myself for suggesting Apogee as our N3 kill, though, even though it was mostly just process of elimination on the people who didn't vote bc.

Quote Originally Posted by kgato in the cult QT
    You guys are probably right about Elenna, it's just that one or two of her posts came off as really Townie, which is why I asked.
    Which ones? Asking so I can replicate it in the future

@Xihirli: We were definitely not on the same side in Cruise Ship. You got me killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AV in dead chat
    It's hilarious. The entire town is essentially just different wolf teams, but none of them really know that for sure. It's an entire town of wolves pretending to be villagers at each other.
    The point at which it's clear to everybody that this game started with at least half the players being scum is when they'll realize that this game isn't going anything even close to normal.
    Yeah, I kinda wondered if that was the case from the start (although I thought there would be at least a couple town), but there wasn't really any reason to stop pretending to be town. Other scum factions still want to kill you (and now have a good excuse), town knows for sure they want to kill you, and cult knows not to try to recruit you. Would have been funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze, in deadchat
    I’m surprised at the number of people believing that Xihirli would choose town over scum.
    Wolves knew for sure she was a JOAT (because scry) and also that she was telling the truth about my faction, and I still only half believed she was town. It's Xihirli.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Who's Xihirli?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Random wall-of-text comments on the QTs

Also, the fact that mindslavers get to use the factional ability if they target someone not using an ability is really powerful. Especially since mafia and werewolves (who you would expect to be the majority of non-alien people, since cult usually starts pretty small and town was tiny) both have a factional kill, so all they have to do is find a mafia or werewolf strongman or secret agent and they get an extra kill for each mindslaver. For future games, maybe if they target someone not using an active ability it just blocks the ability but doesn't do anything else? Possibly with the addition that they get a kill only if they target a strongman (which is what I thought it was originally).

@Xihirli: We were definitely not on the same side in Cruise Ship. You got me killed.
    Yeah when we discovered that I was like "I'll just do the kill myself since Xi's using her power" and Unavenger shot down all my hopes. I thought logically the aliens couldn't get the kill from someone who wasn't doing it, but turns out that's wrong.
    Though I think it's specifically of Strongman since they don't have a "normal" power you can take.

Wasn't Basket the one who got killed?

Funny enough, I thought you were wolfy the whole time (for more things then just the cards thing) but was ignoring you because you were helping me xD

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Basket's the only person I killed myself, but through deceptions and such I got a lot of people killed.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah when we discovered that I was like "I'll just do the kill myself since Xi's using her power" and Unavenger shot down all my hopes. I thought logically the aliens couldn't get the kill from someone who wasn't doing it, but turns out that's wrong.
    Though I think it's specifically of Strongman since they don't have a "normal" power you can take.

Wasn't Basket the one who got killed?

Funny enough, I thought you were wolfy the whole time (for more things then just the cards thing) but was ignoring you because you were helping me xD
    In the alien QT, Unavenger says
    If you mindslave someone who doesn't have an active ability, or is a JOAT and isn't using one, then you'll get a chance to use their faction ability instead. It doesn't matter what they're trying to do unless they're a JOAT using a JOAT ability in which case you get that instead.
    So if they mindslave a strongman, innocent child, or universal backup who doesn't have an ability yet (passive abilities) or a JOAT who isn't using something that night, they'll get the factional ability. Hence, hitting mafia or wolf versions of any of those roles will get them a kill, which seems like a lot, especially for a faction that's balanced around having more powerful roles but not having a kill.

Incidentally, Unavenger, does that mean that if they mindslaved a cultist with a passive ability they would be able to recruit?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    In the alien QT, Unavenger says

So if they mindslave a strongman, innocent child, or universal backup who doesn't have an ability yet (passive abilities) or a JOAT who isn't using something that night, they'll get the factional ability. Hence, hitting mafia or wolf versions of any of those roles will get them a kill, which seems like a lot, especially for a faction that's balanced around having more powerful roles but not having a kill.

Incidentally, Unavenger, does that mean that if they mindslaved a cultist with a passive ability they would be able to recruit?
    Yes - it's possible for mindslavers to recruit new people to the cult by mistake (the cult conversion ability recruits people to the cult rather than your faction, so mindslavers are warned of the possibility!) Mindslaver pointing a cultist at nontown would have sent the "You cannot recruit members of the MAFIA"(/WEREWOLVES/ALIENS/CULT/cannot recruit the SURVIVOR/cannot recruit the SERIAL KILLER) message to the mindslaver, though.