New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Eh, it's a little disappointing that we don't get to know if a faction is destroyed, but it's also pretty much what I was expecting. I think it's more common that way, but we don't get enough multi-faction games here on GiTP for me to tell.
    I guess we just count the night kills and hope for the best.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    Wait, so, I need to hope you're a wolf, because that's the only way you won't hurt me. But, if you ARE a wolf, you're probably still a danger to the entire town anyway? With friends like these, Valmark.... XP
    No, don’t worry, if Valmark is scum he’ll die when I try to recruit him. And if he isn’t he’ll join my cult and I’m not hurting anyone who isn’t a threat to my victory.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    No, don’t worry, if Valmark is scum he’ll die when I try to recruit him. And if he isn’t he’ll join my cult and I’m not hurting anyone who isn’t a threat to my victory.
    Cult Fanatic is seriously awesome.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Athos View Post
    Cult Fanatic is seriously awesome.
    Why do you think I chose it?

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Was re-reading the thread, noticed something that seemed odd:

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Unavenger, could we get the original recruitment post in a spoiler in the OP? Makes it easier to quote when the whim strikes me.

Also I might be missing it in that rule-post, but can people talk at night publicly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    He said that we can! It was after a public question of mine.
    Only thing to mention, there's a lack of night-usefulness in this specific game because we can't talk between each other during the night- the rest I agree with homewever.
    Not sure if it means anything, but there's a pretty clear contradiction here. Explanation would be appreciated, if only so I can focus on scum-hunting if I'm still alive tomorrow!

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Was re-reading the thread, noticed something that seemed odd:

Not sure if it means anything, but there's a pretty clear contradiction here. Explanation would be appreciated, if only so I can focus on scum-hunting if I'm still alive tomorrow!
    Because my second post was referring to the Innocent Child role and talking privately. It's less useful to be confirmed Town if you can't talk with people on their own, if you think about forming a network/receiving claims. Hardly anyone is gonna claim publicly if 1 person out of 18 is sure to be town.
    Especially if it's a game like this where someone Town could have switched alignment the next day.

Imo, of course.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Because my second post was referring to the Innocent Child role and talking privately. It's less useful to be confirmed Town if you can't talk with people on their own, if you think about forming a network/receiving claims. Hardly anyone is gonna claim publicly if 1 person out of 18 is sure to be town.
    Especially if it's a game like this where someone Town could have switched alignment the next day.

Imo, of course.
    Right, sorry, that makes sense. Being stupid, don't mind me.

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Right, sorry, that makes sense. Being stupid, don't mind me.
    I haven't re-red AV's post, if there wasn't a specific reference to private talk it makes sense to ask :v

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of that recruitment post, I just now realized we have Mafia AND werewolves cards. So how many night kills are we looking at? 2 possibly 3 or more with Vigilantes?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    Speaking of that recruitment post, I just now realized we have Mafia AND werewolves cards. So how many night kills are we looking at? 2 possibly 3 or more with Vigilantes?
    Assuming all factions are in play, it's three kills and a conversion (wolf/mafia/serial killer/cultist).

Of course we don't know wether there's all factions, wether there are still cultists, wether there are vigilante style powers and wether some will be blocked/voided.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Halfling in the Playground

Wow, it's going to be a blood fest.
    I prefer to think of myself as yellow mold. Step on me, and I'll eventually rot your face off.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Yes... blood... blood!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by trtl View Post
    Wow, it's going to be a blood fest.
    On the bright side, it's the only reason I expect this game to end in under a month or two

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yeah I'll reference something Snowblaze mentioned earlier: no killing cards were discarded. Of course, some probably were used for factions, and some might be maf/wolf killers, but there could easily be 2-3 vigilantes out there, for a total of 5-6 nightkills before doctors/roleblockers.

Edit: I'll also assume people like being vigilantes, which is one of the reasons seeing no discards implies a bunch of them. Of course, there could be drastically less vig cards than any other role, but that seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-05-08 at 04:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

And then one third of the players died overnight.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Edit: I'll also assume people like being vigilantes, which is one of the reasons seeing no discards implies a bunch of them. Of course, there could be drastically less vig cards than any other role, but that seems unlikely.
    YMMV, I'm personally not a fan of being a town vig, since I just end up not using the power almost every night out of never feeling certain enough to kill a target.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Assuming all factions are in play, it's three kills and a conversion (wolf/mafia/serial killer/cultist).

Of course we don't know wether there's all factions, wether there are still cultists, wether there are vigilante style powers and wether some will be blocked/voided.
    Seriously? Do I need to get a neon sign saying "I am a cultist" or something?

That being said, I do expect a high body count in a few hours. I'd guess between two and five.

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Seriously? Do I need to get a neon sign saying "I am a cultist" or something?

That being said, I do expect a high body count in a few hours. I'd guess between two and five.
    Thing is, nobody believes your claim since nobody expects you to out yourself as a cultist.
    Also because we've joked on it for like, 72 hours.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thing is, nobody believes your claim since nobody expects you to out yourself as a cultist.
    Also because we've joked on it for like, 72 hours.
    Fair point. I probably wouldn't be *quite* insane enough for that if I actually was a cultist.

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The sun rises on a new day. The town go into the town square to find two dead bodies: one wearing armour, but with a carefully-crafted knife slipped straight through it and into her body, and one who is... decidedly not human, and is riddled with claw and bite marks. Next to the armoured corpse is a hastily-scribbled note proclaiming "THIS WAS DONE BY ALIENS."

That's not quite the bloodbath some of you were expecting. Huh.

You set about identifying the bodies...

Snowblaze died last night. She was killed with a single stab from a knife. Snowblaze's role was Survivor Seer.
    gac3 died last night. They were clawed to death. gac3's role was Alien Universal Backup

DAY 2 BEGINS

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Based on the colour-coding and the methods of death, it seems like Snowblaze was killed by the mafia and gac3 was killed by the werewolves. (Was not really expecting to get that information, but I'll take it.) So I'm not really sure what to make of the "THIS WAS DONE BY ALIENS" sign. I guess the intent is that the aliens also targeted Snowblaze last night, and that's why there were only two kills?

Also looks like there were no vig kills or serial killer kills last night. I'm not surprised any town vigilantes didn't act, because there weren't really any obvious non-town targets and they don't want to risk killing other members of town (especially since the town faction might be pretty small). But I don't see any reason the serial killer wouldn't kill every night. So either they were successfully baned/roleblocked, or whoever got the serial killer card didn't pick it.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

First comment: Wow no town deaths, that I didn't expect. I wonder if the serial killer or the mafia isn't in play (assuming being torn apart by a beast is the wolves) or if either got blocked/voided.

Or if they avoided killing.
    Anyway, things to comment on:
    AvatarVecna as revenge for all those QTs.

Could be that we only started out with one or two killing cards? Maybe? IDK, out of 63 cards and 8 abilities I'd expect at least three or four...

- - - Updated - - -

Although I guess some people could have gotten a killing card and taken the faction from it and not the ability. Also, it seems like the mafia, wolf, and cult killing roles don't actually add a kill, they just boost the factional kill? So three factional kills plus any town or alien vig kills... still feels like a lot, even with protective roles.

Also, wow, that's a lot of town discards. I'm not really surprised, but still. Granted, some people might have gotten two town cards. (I doubt anyone would have three town cards since Unavenger said everyone should have a decent choice)
    From the wording it looks like Elenna implies that she didn't get two town cards, since she said that only some people might have gotten two town cards and she expected way less townies.

What's funny? She discarded a town card. Had I noticed that before I'd have let AV be (though that turned out well anyway)
    You've convinced me, I'd like to change my vote to AvatarVecna.
    Trtl chaning the vote like that is suspicious, seems like a joking way to support their own faction buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Why is this 5 pages already.

I'm glad I got caught up, especially now that Duck is the runaway lynch target. Dumping more votes on them doesn't help us, DukeGod. Whether or not we CFD, we need competing wagons to try to figure things out. I'm going to assume AV's claim is a legitimate one until such time that Unavenger posts. If it was a false-claim, it's a pretty damn flimsy one. Narrator confirmation is about as good of evidence as you could hope for, and if it doesn't come AV has pretty much guaranteed their own demise (especially since all the votes stay on them, assuming no one moves them prior to confirmation).

I don't see them lying like this on Day 1.
    Quoted this not to comment on flat, but to bring back the reasoning behind Duke's wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    DukeGod as well.
    I still don't feel like voting for Duck.
    Same thing as trtl, though the joke came in the next post. Duck/trtl/bc as a faction?
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    In AV’s defense, I was dealt two Town cards, so she might’ve been dealt two as well. However, I’ve seen what AV does to games and don’t want to deal with that right now.
    Not suspicious yet, but if believe them, there's a 50/50 chance they aren't Town, which is more certain then other people's current chances. Not gonna vote for that though.

To sum it up, I want to try voting DukeGod. But I'd be ok with pushing a wagon on Elenna too (or the trio, but mainly Elenna).
    Reason I'm not voting Elenna is that she was the Narrator last game, so I prefer lynching her more down the line to have her play more.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on the colour-coding and the methods of death, it seems like Snowblaze was killed by the mafia and gac3 was killed by the werewolves. (Was not really expecting to get that information, but I'll take it.) So I'm not really sure what to make of the "THIS WAS DONE BY ALIENS" sign. I guess the intent is that the aliens also targeted Snowblaze last night, and that's why there were only two kills?

Also looks like there were no vig kills or serial killer kills last night. I'm not surprised any town vigilantes didn't act, because there weren't really any obvious non-town targets and they don't want to risk killing other members of town (especially since the town faction might be pretty small). But I don't see any reason the serial killer wouldn't kill every night. So either they were successfully baned/roleblocked, or whoever got the serial killer card didn't pick it.
    Oh, I had avoided discarding either SK or Mafia because I wasn't sure on the colors (daltonism, could have been a similar red) so good thing you mentioned that.
    Need to mention though, aliens don't have a factional kill. Unless one (or more) of them got that specific role.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Halfling in the Playground

I haven't played before, how important are the narrator's details? For example, can we assume the aliens killed last night because of the message? Or is most of that stuff just fluff to make the game more entertaining?
    I prefer to think of myself as yellow mold. Step on me, and I'll eventually rot your face off.

24. - Top - End - #234

Valmark, I'm a little confused by your reasoning. bc56/trtl/Duck999 might be a faction, and so you try to lynch DukeGod who bc56 voted for? Wouldn't that conclusion make it LESS likely for DukeGod to be a non-town? Since we can assume that Day 1 there would be no reason for someone to vote to lynch someone from their own faction. Plus I don't actually see the reasoning behind lynching DukeGod (besides the reasoning we had from last time, which is piling on a vote onto an already full bandwagon). I'm going to have to put a tentative vote on you, Valmark, until I can some more explanation. Your accusations are making me a bit suspicious.
    Last edited by smasher0404; 2020-05-10 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Vote Cancel
    ARRRRGH, I'm a pirate, ninjas are no match for me, Yargh!
    Also this awesome avatar was done by KillItWithFire

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't played before, how important are the narrator's details? For example, can we assume the aliens killed last night because of the message? Or is most of that stuff just fluff to make the game more entertaining?
    It depends, really. In THIS case, I expect the colors to matter.
    The message... No idea, but it could imply one of the aliens (again, could be more) has a killing power. Which would tell us that mafia and SK were voided/blocked/don't exist. But I feel like aliens would have their own color for kills.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    [I]

That's not quite the bloodbath some of you were expecting. Huh.
    I feel personally targeted by this, but it's pretty clearly not what I was expecting so I'm not really sure what to think.

Also, something Unavenger mentioned in the recruitment thread:

And CUT!

All right, we're going to be drawing a line there. PMs will be sent out shortly. A few pointers:

> All your possible roles are included in the list.
    > I've sneaked Nightkill Immune onto SK and Survivor just to give them a bit more staying power in this 21-gun salute of a game.
    > Oh, and all the lists are almost, but not quite, randomised. You will have a decent choice, so don't worry.
    Since Snowblaze was the Survivor, this means we have a mafia strongman in play (assuming mafia because of the knife and color).

Edit: Also Valmark, I think this means the aliens couldn't have been directly responsible for Snowblaze dying, because afaik they can't break nk immune, but it seems like that means something happened with aliens?
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-05-09 at 10:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

Alien Mindslaver: Once per night, you can choose a player. That player cannot activate their ability this night. You may activate their ability by attempting to choose a new target for it. If you choose a valid target, you use their ability on that target.
    I'm wondering if we have a mindslaver that took control of a mafioso kill (based on the color of the text). But I'm not sure if that would work on a mafia kill.

Additionally, does the armor mean that Snow was protected and the Alien took control of a Mafia Strongman kill?

Basically, I have no idea how much to read into anything, but if those guesses are correct we have a lot of powerful roles against us.

EDIT: I'm guessing Mindslaver took control of a Strongman then? I read through the thread but didn't see any links between gac and anyone so if it is aliens I can't find any leads to another one.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-05-09 at 10:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smasher0404 View Post
    Valmark, I'm a little confused by your reasoning. bc56/trtl/Duck999 might be a faction, and so you try to lynch DukeGod who bc56 voted for? Wouldn't that conclusion make it LESS likely for DukeGod to be a non-town? Since we can assume that Day 1 there would be no reason for someone to vote to lynch someone from their own faction. Plus I don't actually see the reasoning behind lynching DukeGod (besides the reasoning we had from last time, which is piling on a vote onto an already full bandwagon). I'm going to have to put a tentative vote on you, Valmark, until I can some more explanation. Your accusations are making me a bit suspicious.
    Thing is, there are multiple factions. DukeGod and bc56 could easily be different factions, so the fact that one voted the other is kinda useless- for example, as far as mafia is concerned, wolves are roughly the equivalent of networked, kill-capable Town for winning the game.
    And the reasoning on Duke is the same as last day, which I mentioned by quoting flat.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Right. It could not possibly have been the aliens, I think. This is a pretty shoddy frame-job, if you ask me.

smasher0404, Distancing is something factions will occasionally do so that if one of them dies, the people they voted for don't look suspicious.

Purely hypothetically, say I'm Mafia and Duck is my Mafia buddy. I might say Duck999 is suspicious and vote for all 999 of them. I guess I just did, but I don't expect this vote to last.
    Anyway, later, I die and my role flips. My hope is that
    a) my vote doesn't kill Duck
    b) I don't have to suspiciously change my vote to not kill Duck
    c) Everyone will assume that Duck is town because I voted for Duck and I wouldn't vote for my Mafia buddy, would I?

I've never seen it work, but there you go. Sometimes factions vote for each other so that people don't assume they're in factions.

Wouldn't it be, like, really suspicious if I just kept this vote for Duck up here?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    I feel personally targeted by this, but it's pretty clearly not what I was expecting so I'm not really sure what to think.

Also, something Unavenger mentioned in the recruitment thread:

Since Snowblaze was the Survivor, this means we have a mafia strongman in play (assuming mafia because of the knife and color).

Edit: Also Valmark, I think this means the aliens couldn't have been directly responsible for Snowblaze dying, because afaik they can't break nk immune, but it seems like that means something happened with aliens?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I'm wondering if we have a mindslaver that took control of a mafioso kill (based on the color of the text). But I'm not sure if that would work on a mafia kill.

Additionally, does the armor mean that Snow was protected and the Alien took control of a Mafia Strongman kill?

Basically, I have no idea how much to read into anything, but if those guesses are correct we have a lot of powerful roles against us.

EDIT: I'm guessing Mindslaver took control of a Strongman then? I read through the thread but didn't see any links between gac and anyone so if it is aliens I can't find any leads to another one.
    I didn't remember the bit about survivor/SK, uh. That's info, though I'm not sure how to use it, right now. It does mean there's at least one mafia and one alien in play.