New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Golden Generation! [IC]

Now mostly done with their battle, our heros are able to take in the changes to the surrounding square.

The first thing of note is that a half-elf makes his way into the square.
    Spoiler: Masson OOC
    Show
    Made it to the scene, may post after this this post. You also take in all the events in this post.

Sekyrn collapsed from his wounds, lying unconscious on the hard cobblestone of the square. His life is temporarily out of danger as Zo'Dar touches on the edges of life and death to preserve Sekyrn's life for 9 Temp HP and stabilizes Sekyrn's condition. Sekyrn is not out of the woods yet though as he continues to bleed for 1 Bleed reducing his newly gained vigor by 1.

Zo'Dar also has yet to deal with his own gaping wound causing him to bleed for a startling 7 Bleed.

Lena quickly switched from violence to self care after the last foe fell. However, her unpracticed movements and her injuries hampered her recovery and suffering 1 Bleed from the wound she failed to close. She has however adapted to the pain her arm is in so she will no longer be burdened by it. (-2 penalty removed)

Hannibal in a show of prideful dominance, breaks the neck of the foe that resisted longest (and who arguably did the most harm) with a vicious stomp.

In the main battle, the masked assailants are clearly at their breaking point. The disciplined guardsmen are pushing them back and putting them down with ruthless efficiency. However, right as it appears that the battle is over, the assailants with a final burst of effort break through the guards defensive line allowing three crossbow wielding men into the center of the square to point their weapons against the Alliance Representatives.

The bolts are fired and the Elven and Federation representatives are unscathed. The Elven Representative safely relaxing behind a ward which stops the bolt cold mid air for the Elf to examine. The representative from the Federation, a stocky Dwarven man with his beard tied around a Cog merely turns his forearm towards the attack, and an unassuming device springs into action unfolding into a Tower Shield which blocks the projectile completely.

It is King Xander and his entourage which has the most tragic fate. One of the Kingsguard steps forward to block the bolt meant for his king. He stops the bolt with his body causing the bolt to flash with a sickening green glow activating some fell magic stored upon it. The Kingsguard who was hit quickly begins to rot and his hollow eyes begin to glow red with the hunger of the undead before space itself Shatters where the Kingsguard once stood leaving only broken pieces behind.

With their last push thwarted, the assailants fold almost instantly falling to the guard's blades.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hannibal will head to Sekyrn first, placing his hand upon the creatures skin, he will channel his Ki into his body, slowing the bloodflow and forcing it to clot where he was bleeding first and foremost. "I can only do so much. I'll get to you two in a moment." Hannibal speaks, looking at Lena and Zo'Dar as he works.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Chi Gong to heal Sekyrns wounds. Hannibal will continue to do that until he can't help anymore, and then will move on to Zo'Dar, and Lena, in that order.

First heal (2d6)[8]. Remember that Chi Gong cannot heal above half max HP.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Messr. Masson will give sing an elven healing song to give aid to the first wounded, bleeding hero that he sees (GM decides). When he does so, a tattoo of a rose on the back of his left hand sprouts viny branches wrapping around the lower part of his arm, digging into his skin.
    Spoiler: M&M Crunch
    Show
    Fort save DC 11 for Max or be sickened 1 rd (1d20+4)[5]
    Perform (sing) vs. DC 18 (1d20+13)[18]
    Wild Magic (1d100)[62]; if 01-10, then Wild Life result = (1d100)[48]

Ranged Healing/ Cure (2d8+9)[16]
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Masson is sickened as the thorns dig into his flesh, but nevertheless his spell is successful in healing the nearby gnoll (Lena) for up to 16 Healing and stopping her bleeding.

Likewise, Hannibal preforms healing measures on the fallen Sekyrn restoring 8 Healing and staunching the bleeding wounds.

5. - Top - End - #65

Messr. Masson rushes to the next bleeding patient and casts invigorate (+3 hp) to givem a bulwark of healing until he can do more for them.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Lena nodded at the elf perfunctorily. While she could feel the healing mending her wounds, she was convinced that her patch job did good enough. She then put her hands on her hips, taking in the devastation. "Well, this got out of hand quickly."
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

7. - Top - End - #67

As he is working on patient #2 (whomever that may be, as above), Messr. Masson regards the strange gnoll. "What happened here? I went to a blast site to patch people up, but it looks like there was a pitched battle here."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Now standing on his feet again, Sekyrn is still heavily wounded nonetheless.

"I am Sekyrn, artist from the Beasts."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

"Stand close and be healed. Zo'dar says as he steps away from the fallen foes while applying pressure to his most grievous wound. When he stands still a wave of vitality washes over those near him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Energy to heal: (2d6)[2] for everyone in a 30ft radius.

After a sigh of relief he says "I am Zo'dar the Shining Bulwark of the Torch Bearers. Thank you for rendering aid. I plan to patrol the area for evildoers and those in need if any of you would like to join me.

10. - Top - End - #70

"Sekyrn ... Zo'Dar," he says with a nod to each, "I am Monsieur Masson, of the elven delegation. I would be happy to join you, but alas, I am already in trouble for running off to save lives."

Messr. Masson will go report to the elven delegation ... that he ignored to help people.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Lena shrugs at Zodar. "I mean, I suppose I can help you with that. I really should go find Professor Spinwhistle, and that seems like as good a way to find her as any."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hannibal, now sure that the allies he fought alongside aren't dying, looks at the others and speaks up. "Hannibal. Any of you got rope?" He asks his question while checking the other foes that he hadn't curb stomped, to see if any are still alive.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Zo'dar lets out another wave of vitality and digs through his bag. Presenting 50ft of silk rope to Hannibal, he says "Always. Never know when you might need it."

Spoiler: Channel part deux
    Show
    (2d6)[11] healing in a 30ft radius.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rather than take the rope, Hannibal checks all the bodies, and points out whichever ones might still be alive but unconscious.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Getting bored waiting for Zodar to finish helping Hannibal, Lena remembered that Professor Spinwhistle had told her to meet with the Federation representative, so she figured she'd best do that while she was over here anyway and save a trip. She causally approaches the Dwarf and says "Hey. Professor Spinwhistle said I should talk with you about something...?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

As the party finishes their post battle healing and begins to think about moving on, a guard detaches from the group of guards currently sweeping the battlefield and approaches.

The young guard is nervous as he approaches, going as far as to give an awkward half-bow as he speaks to you, "Sirs, a-and ma'am. I was told to erm... The Representatives have ordered me to guide you to a meeting at the castle. P-Please?" His tone at the end is somewhat desperate, obviously not knowing the social graces to act in the role he has been assigned.

A few more guards also approach as they expand out from the end of the battle, making sure the assailants that are dead are truly dead, and restraining those still alive. They take care of the assailants for your group. The old monk from before (which Hannibal recognizes as the Abbot) also approaches and addresses Hannibal, "You go as well Hannibal. Listen to the King as you would to me, and try to get along with your fellow Golden Children."

With that the Abbot takes his leave elsewhere and the guard waits nervously for the groups reply.

Looking beyond the gathered guards, you can see that the stage is empty and the representatives might have already moved onto the castle.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Lena shrugs. "Eh, hoity-toity politics ain't my thing, but the Professor sent me this way to talk to them, so I guess I'd better."

She then points to one of the guards that was dealing with the masked intruders. "Hey, you. Go find Professor Spinwhistle and tell her that I got called into some meeting. She's about yay high and I last saw her on Oak Street" she says, giving a rough estimate of her height. She then does a 'Well? What are you waiting for?'-esque shrug before following the messenger.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Before the Abbot leaves, Hannibal laughs at him. "You came back just to make sure I'd listen, didn't you? Yes sir mister boss man sir, I'll follow my instructions to the letter." After the abbot leaves and the group starts moving, Hannibal looks over at the others. "So you lot are Golden Children?"

19. - Top - End - #79

Messr. Masson is there, as this is where he was going to be, but not knowing the others (the ones he healed were just "local folk of unique caliber" that just happened to need his healing) he doesn't ghost-in-the-machine his way near them.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Following the messenger, Sekyrn answers.

"It seems we are, yes."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Zo'dar salutes the guards and stashes his rope. "They're all yours. Be careful though. They bite." he says as he points to his blood stained clothes.

With a puzzled expression he says to Hannibal "I'm not sure what you mean. I'm much more of a dark green than a gold."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Lena rolled her eyes at Zodar. "No, dumb@$$. Look, most people are either talented in magic or in martial skill. You can mix it up, but for most people it's a matter of diminishing returns; you'll never be as strong with your first one if you dabble into the other." She used her hands in a seesaw motion to demonstrate her meaning.

"At least for most people. The more awesome of us can do both at the same time, and that's what a 'Golden Child' is." she said, raising both her arms at the same time. "Though from what I've heard, there's usually at most only one of us around at any given time."
    Last edited by digiman619; 2020-07-05 at 11:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

The nervous guard releases a visible sigh of relief as you agree to follow him toward the castle across the square. As you go, you notice common post-battle practices carried out. Pyres lit for the dead on both sides, though the defeated are tossed into the flames with much less ceremony, and mementos are collected from the fallen guards to deliver to their loved ones.

You have time to chat amongst yourselves and perform introductions should you wish to do so as the young guard leads you past multiple checkpoints and into the castle proper before gratefully handing the group off to a servant at the castle. From there you are led down a series of hallways before coming to a doorway flanked by Kingsguard. One of which enters the room to announce your arrival before you are then ushered into the room.

Inside you see the three representatives seated at a table, the elven representative and dwarf representative sit to either side of the crowned human man who you all know to be King Roland Xander, king of the Xander kingdom. The other two representatives identities are not as well known to all of you. The dwarf representative wears a surly frown as you enter, while the elven representative hasn't looked up at your entrance from a crossbow bolt he is examining.

Spoiler: Knowledge Nobility DC 15 or Lena
    Show
    The dwarf Representative is Gerald of Clan Sundarrack. A renowned dwarf blacksmith and influential voice in Federation politics.

Spoiler: Knowledge Nobility DC 20 or Masson
    Show
    The elven Representative is named Thariat. As with much of Elven politics, not much is known about his position or influence.

Spoiler: Knowledge History DC 25
    Show
    Thariat is also the name of the first Representative that the elves appointed to have their first talk with humanity ~600 years ago when humanity first escaped from the empire.

"Good you're all here. Please have a seat first as there is much to discuss," King Xander says warmly at your arrival and gestures to the five chairs set across the table from the representatives. He waits for you to be seated before he continues, "I am sure you are all curious as to why you have been called here. There was to be a public announcement in the square before such a cowardly attack was carried out."
    The King's eyes flash with a mixture of anger and sorrow on the day's events before he collects himself and continues, "As a gesture of peaceful cooperation between our three nations, we were planning to create a new peacekeeping force drawn from exceptional talents from all three nations. They would protect the innocent of all three nations from threats internal and external, while fostering a collective pride in this newly budding Alliance."
    The King looks to each of you expectantly as he says, "The exceptional talents I referred to were of course yourselves. Even if you mostly ignored your identities as Golden Children, I can assure you that the people of the three nations have noticed and watched your budding abilities with awe. In your short lives you have already reached the strength and prowess that some aspire to reach over the course of their whole lives, and there is still so much room left for you all to grow. I am sure you all have questions. I doubt this is the direction you expected your futures to turn to. Please ask away and we will do our best to answer your questions and assuage any anxiety you may have over this change."

24. - Top - End - #84

"Pardon, Your Majesty, Monsieur Masson, of the Elven Delegation," says the russet-brown-haired man, standing out of respect, his name said more as a sign of courtesy than any thoughts that this king didn't know it already. He continues with his soft accent, "While these heroes' puissance saved many people in the main square, I moved to what must have been a diversion, the site of an explosion, but was a sign of blood and misfortune for many innocents. What blackguards, prithee, would perpetrate such needless loss of life?"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Lena looked ambivalent. "I mean, I'm not opposed to being on a team and shooting bad guys from time to time, but I dunno..." She paused, looking at the Representatives. "Do I at least get to still build things and do mechanical stuff if I agree?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After Masson finishes talking, Hannibal says quietly under his breath. "I've killed for less." Clearing his throat after Lena finishes Hannibal speaks up. "I like the idea of this, but peacekeeping sounds kinda boring. What kind of work are we to be expecting to do? Because sitting around waiting for attacks like today sounds like the exact opposite of how I've lived my life thus far."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Bowing his furred head, Sekyrn speaks :

"I am Sekyrn, from the Beasts, Majesty." There is an drop of sarcasm here, as if stating something well hidden, and although his tune is somewhat inappropriate, it shows respect in a theatral way. "Although I disapprove his methods, Hannibal here is right : limiting us to peacekeeping would be boring indeed. And if we were to limit ourselve to just that, I fear that once our time will reach its end, we wouldn't have brought anything to our folks."

He marks a small break and completes with a smirk.

"At the very least, teaching should be amongst our duties, at some point."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The "somewhat inappropriate yet respectful" is basically because of Sekyrn's "Noble Savage" trait.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Lena frowns slightly. "I mean, sure, teaching is nice and all, but the reason we're being brought together is that we get both magic and martial skills because we're so awesome. I don't think we can teach that."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

It is the dwarf representative who responds with a snort. ”Don’t think tha’ just because ya be a PR stunt that we won’t be puttin’ ya ta work.” he shoots a glower over to Lena and continues, “As for yer tinkering, Ms. Gearsocket, ya are still considered a student and will be sending papers and small projects back ta ya supervisor for assessment. Hope ya remembered yer classes on field work because kitted workshops will be a rare oasis to ya in the future.”

King Xander takes over here and adds, ”Indeed we will not let your talents go to waste patrolling the streets. Which brings us to your first assignment and the answer to Masson’s question. You will be assigned to investigate and destroy the perpetrators of today’s attack who are known as the Cult of Blood. They are a rogue element in the kingdom who advocate for human supremacy. We have received anonymous missives we believe to be from this Cult hinting that they will not tolerate ‘surrendering human sovereignty to foreign races’ in response to the announcement of our Alliance.” The King looks bitter after recalling such rhetoric spreading beneath his own kingdom before addresses you all again, “As for teaching, you are all still young and still have much to learn. Leave teaching for you are old and grey hahaha.”

30. - Top - End - #90

"I am at your service, your Majesty," Messr. Masson says.
    Show