New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    As for characters:
    yeeeeah, both Z and OG Dragon Ball are limited in options and the roster is full of clones already, and don't forget the two gohans.
    Clones has the wrong connotation, as it implies that they have the same moves, too. The closest thing to a clone in DBFZ would maybe be SSB Vegeta, who has the same normals as SS Vegeta and several of his specials are just variations on SS Vegeta's, but even he has some new specials and supers, and plays differently (and sadly much worse) than his SS counterpart. The two Gohans have almost nothing in common besides the lightning legs special move - and the general fact that they're aggressive rushdown characters, but so is most of the cast really, since that's just the style of play the the game lends itself to.

so anything after these final season 3 characters would basically default to Super, and if they did a Season 4 well....they'd basically have to start drawing on semi-minor characters from the U6 tournament and tournament of power who were good enough to be notable in some manner beyond being some random one-off ability.
    Eh, not necessarily - there's still those other remaining tertiary villains I listed from Z they could dig into, and assorted movie villains, if Super doesn't have any remaining standouts.

so if there was a season four, it would be going to probably be about the ToP, and it would probably be the last one, because it would consist of "those guys who didn't make it to the final fight but we're kind of quirky and powerful enough to be relevant for more than two seconds". IE scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I doubt that'll happen. Season 3's probably the last. I doubt they're going to bother with Tournament of Power runner ups beyond Kefla. they already put in UI Goku, so they're probably done with that. its probably going to be Omega Shenron, Raditz and Roshi as the leaks say or two other Z characters that would make sense, then that will be it.
    Perhaps - though with a game this successful I think a sequel at some point is basically inevitable. Though I had thought that they'd save adding extra assists to everyone for that, and instead they added it for free in season 3, so eh. Still, a sequel would also help in the character area, since it would open them up to make more original characters like Android 21 for whatever story they decided to go for with it.

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    I would like to find some game to sink my teeth in, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for, exactly. Probably a turn-based RPG of some sort. Maybe Dragon Quest XI?
    I can wholeheartedly recommend Dragon Quest 11, as long as you don't mind your JRPGs old-school. It's one of the best examples of that style of game around - the story's hardly the deepest, but it's fun and has some genuine surprises in it, and the gameplay is good, if very old-fashioned and largely straightforward.

Also, if you haven't tried the Persona games yet, can't recommend those highly enough. Persona 3 and 4 are not readily available on modern systems at this point sadly*, but Persona 5 Royal just hit the PS5, which just makes an already great game even better.

*Note to Atlus: make a Persona Collection for PS4 and/or PS5 that includes Persona 4 Golden and some version of Persona 3 (FES, Portable, or some new Definitive Edition that includes all of Portable's new content and adds back the parts that were removed due to PSP limitations). It's a little sad that those haven't ever been re-released outside of the PSP/Vita versions.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

On Factorio, a lot of people play with enemies disabled. That way they can just focus on the base building aspects, without those time limits you mentioned. That said, personally I find that intensely boring, so it's not for everyone.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Started Terraria on Switch yesterday.
    So many deaths just until I got a house build and basic armor...
    Next I start exploring. To my right is a desert.
    I immediately get ganked by the critters.
    So left I go. After an icefield I find... Another desert.
    Obviously I need some massive upgrades before going anywhere.
    All I find is enough iron for a sword.
    When I try it out I get murdered by a antlion out of nowhere.
    Worse, it follows me home.
    I start cursing the game and plink the thing to death.
    It drops one of its jaws. Which is a pretty decent weapon compared to what I got. Auto-swing alone makes it a upgrade even before the higher damage.
    Immediately all is forgiven.
    How are the controls on switch? I'm wary of console controls in general for games like this, and I don't like the Switch's controls in general, but I have thought about picking it up since it's the kind of game that benefits from being able to pick it up and put it down easily on the go.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Started Terraria on Switch yesterday.

[DESERTS AND ANTLIONS]
    I went down about as much as I went sideways. There aren't that many enemies down there, and you can always build a wall between you and them if you do find enemies. I didn't encounter the desert though, if it's full of sand that could be super annoying. It did look like once you go down for long enough, you'll start finding some big threatening things, which would require rather high-end equipment to face in a fair fight.

Did you notice that snow blocks can be transformed into snowballs? It's not a great ranged weapon, but since snow is plentiful, you can have enough snowballs to never run out of them, so that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    On Factorio, a lot of people play with enemies disabled. That way they can just focus on the base building aspects, without those time limits you mentioned. That said, personally I find that intensely boring, so it's not for everyone.
    That's what I tried at first. It was indeed boring, the primary challenge was optimizing the factory systems. And, again, the game doesn't have tool for optimizing the systems. No proper plans or blueprints, no way to mark full mining areas at first and then fill them in bit by bit later, etc.

I might enjoy the planning if I had proper tools, but it looked like the best way to plan would be grid paper, and that's not my thing. Again, I enjoyed factory and conveyor belt planning much more in Mindustry, even though the game itself is more limited. in Mindustry, you place the buildings first, but your character only starts building them and spending resources once you are near it. that means you can plan out the whole mining area and its belt systems at first, spending only time (instead of resources), and then move in and build them when needed.

That change along makes planning things out rather pleasant. Especially the planning of conveyor belts is much easier when you can just drag them into place, fix them if you made mistakes, and only start placing the pieces afterwards. Doing the same in Factorio is such a chore in comparison.

I'm not claiming that Mindustry is better in all ways, though. The tower defense gameplay with ever-increasing waves you can't properly stop gets old faster than Factorio's hives you can destroy, etc, the tech tree and processed components are much fewer, energy management is much simpler, etc. I got tired of Mindustry relatively fast, but enjoyed the planning much more than I did Factorio's. Factorio has much more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Divinity: Original Sin II. I've often seen it described as the closest a video game can come to D&D, and it's a lot of fun. Character generation is surprisingly in depth, combat is tactical, your build choices are very impactful, and the story is quite good, with a lot of potential side-stories. Plus you can play couch co-op if you want.
    How does it compare to the first Divinity: Original Sin? I played that, and enjoyed the mechanics of the combat, but at some point the story got a bit stale, so I never finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I can wholeheartedly recommend Dragon Quest 11, as long as you don't mind your JRPGs old-school. It's one of the best examples of that style of game around - the story's hardly the deepest, but it's fun and has some genuine surprises in it, and the gameplay is good, if very old-fashioned and largely straightforward.

Also, if you haven't tried the Persona games yet, can't recommend those highly enough. Persona 3 and 4 are not readily available on modern systems at this point sadly*, but Persona 5 Royal just hit the PS5, which just makes an already great game even better.

*Note to Atlus: make a Persona Collection for PS4 and/or PS5 that includes Persona 4 Golden and some version of Persona 3 (FES, Portable, or some new Definitive Edition that includes all of Portable's new content and adds back the parts that were removed due to PSP limitations). It's a little sad that those haven't ever been re-released outside of the PSP/Vita versions.
    Okay, good to know! Dragon Quest XI and Divinity OS 2 are the most likely candidates for now. They're two very different games, so hopefully one of them works!

I haven't tried the Persona games. I used to be a bit of a purist, thinking all game series must always be played in order, starting from the earliest installment. Now that I've given up on that notion, I could give Persona 5 a try once I get a chance. For now, though, I'm PC only.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Banned

How does it compare to the first Divinity: Original Sin? I played that, and enjoyed the mechanics of the combat, but at some point the story got a bit stale, so I never finished it.
    The mechanics are a lot deeper than the first one. It's pretty much objectively better mechanics-wise. The story is more fleshed out, and has a much more serious tone than the first one...whether that's an improvement is up to personal tastes. At the end of the day, it's still standard CRPG fare. I don't think the story or characters are anything special, but they're not bad. The true strengths of the game are the tactical combat, and the sheer amount of versatility it offers the player in how to approach different situations.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

You can import blueprints other people have made, but mostly you've got to make your own. As for the mining, hold shift. It'll then drag a ghost blueprint you can fill in later. Personally I prefer the challenge of doing things from scratch, and honestly I find that while you can just plonk down someone's pre-made malls (where you can shop for all the stuff it builds), I prefer to build everything from scratch and then make tweaks later. Perfect pre-mades which take no work just clicking down blueprints seems like the least interesting way possible to play the game.

Then again I went modded about half-way through my first playthrough and never looked back like I do most games that allow modding.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    How are the controls on switch? I'm wary of console controls in general for games like this, and I don't like the Switch's controls in general, but I have thought about picking it up since it's the kind of game that benefits from being able to pick it up and put it down easily on the go.
    Well, I think the controls are alright.
    But then I've never had a problem with the controller.
    Worst case you can customize the controls to whatever suits you best or. Or anoys you least as the case may be.

I went down about as much as I went sideways. There aren't that many enemies down there, and you can always build a wall between you and them if you do find enemies. I didn't encounter the desert though, if it's full of sand that could be super annoying. It did look like once you go down for long enough, you'll start finding some big threatening things, which would require rather high-end equipment to face in a fair fight.

Did you notice that snow blocks can be transformed into snowballs? It's not a great ranged weapon, but since snow is plentiful, you can have enough snowballs to never run out of them, so that's a plus.
    Snowballs would've been a good idea, yes.
    But going underground didn't help, beyond picking up a neat sword with projectile.
    Higher up I can't dig because sand and because monsters in my tunnels- including those accursed antlions -and deeper down, where I can tunnel, there's... more friggin antlions.

Mind you, now that I have a good weapon- still only wood armor though -traveling around's much easier.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't tried the Persona games. I used to be a bit of a purist, thinking all game series must always be played in order, starting from the earliest installment. Now that I've given up on that notion, I could give Persona 5 a try once I get a chance. For now, though, I'm PC only.
    There are certainly series where I'd recommend doing that, but Persona is definitely not one of them*. Each is entirely independent of the other story-wise, and contains only easter-egg style references to its predecessors at most. Plus Persona 1 and 2 in particular are somewhat different from what their successors became, and have not aged as well. I wasn't even able to finish P1&2 when I tried them, so I wouldn't even actually recommend those.

*At least the mainline games. The spin-offs do want you to have played the mainline games they're based on first, generally speaking.

But yeah, PC only does put a damper on that, as apparently the only title from it ever released for PC is the very first - and even that surprised me when I looked it up just now. The series is basically exclusive to Sony systems, aside from a few spin-offs on Nintendo ones.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

I've recently started The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, because I needed something to play on the train to and from work in these difficult times and I've never played it.

It's cute, and I'm really enjoying the attempts to use size as the version of Seasons/Ages from the Oracle games, but unfortunately either everything plays the same with a different enemy set or I'm seemingly locked out of any item other than the sword and can't go across textured ground, which in itself wouldn't be annoying if shrinking down was as quick as returning to normal size (a one second animation, compared to shrinking being a longer animation followed by a short cut scene).

But apart from that one niggle it's mostly amazing. Even running through the first dungeon without the spin attack was fun, and as I've looked up the number of sword techniques you can learn (eight, apparently) I've got hope that this might make the combat slightly more complex than other 2D Zeldas. The new way the sword slashes is also great, it doesn't feel quite as wide as it did in ALBW (which is good, to me that game felt like the swing was too wide), but manages to avoid the problem from the Links Awakening-based games of cutting off one diagonal from sword slashes.

So yeah, while it might not be as good as Oracle of Seasons (in my mind the best 2D Zelda, even better than ALttP due to it's items) it's certainly looking to be one great little game. And while dungeons are clearly designed to be completed in one sitting at least I can save in the middle of them (I'm looking at you A Link Between Worlds! Making me trek back to the exit to save when my bus journey finishes is not nice).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Started playing Okami again, and this time I'm intent on finishing. I think I'm actually closer to the end than I thought I was, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still playing Tales of Maj'Eyal. My desert island game if there ever was one.

My Rogue died a sad death due to lack of proper defenses, but he got far enough to unlock the use of any class in Embers of Rage, which meant I got to take the all-powerful force of nature that is the Oozemancer for a spin. Not only did he unlock the new Annihilator class, but I also finally managed to beat the Embers of Rage campaign with him. I've found that Oozemancer is a pretty good class for a fairly careless player like me, because it's easy to stack health regen and you can have a ton of passive defenses that trigger automatically when bad stuff happens.

A fun ride, though the final boss was a bit of an anticlimax (not particularly dangerous, but a regenerating hp sponge, so kind of a war of attrition). I did like the Lovecraftian flavour of the final sections, also because the "horror" monster type in this game actually has some really terrifying stuff.

Haven't tried out the Annihilator yet, currently toying around with a Cultist of Entropy back in the main game. Still haven't wrapped my head around it, it seems like a very, very complex class.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Still playing "Gris", though I'm trying to get used to the double-jump mechanic on my keyboard. Index finger is a bit tender from tapping and holding my space bar.

Steam had a sale, so I picked up the rebooted "Shadowgate" (released in 2014) for nostalgia feels.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Just finished my second playthrough of Hollow knight. First time though, I explored, got 102%, and beat Radience. This time, 37%, 11 hours (minus a few minutes) to beat Hollow Knight, and wow, he's a different prospect when you arnt loaded to the gills, dont have Shade Cloak, and cant just power past him to get the full heal before Radience. It took half a dozen attempts or so before i actually got the hang of his healing windows and evasion patterns.

Watcher knights was the other road block that kept me away from the Speedrun 1 achievement. After a dozen tried, I left, got an extra mask, got the fireball upgrade (after a half dozen tries at least), THEN came back and took a half dozen tries to beat the 5 watchers.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2020-05-27 at 09:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Been puttering around in the deeper regions of Subnautica, and it's like the devs discovered I wanted to build an enormous glass bridge and decided to put all the materials I need in the deepest, most inaccessible places imaginable.

I also had a very scary moment today; I had spotted a bit of Magnetite, glanced around to make sure no monsters were nearby, hopped out of my Prawn suit, grabbed it aaaand there was a Leviathan right behind my Prawn.

I don't remember it being this cloudy this deep back in early access. Still not sure why the thing didn't kill me right there.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Prawn's absurdly tough, and can easily survive an encounter with a Leviathan.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Prawn's absurdly tough, and can easily survive an encounter with a Leviathan.
    I should clarify: I had left the Prawn suit (I had the drill arm and the grappling hook arm equipped on it, which makes picking up the single unit not-harvested-with-drill-arm resources...problematic).

So it was just my reinforced dive suit vs. enormous sea monster...and the latter didn't even take a swing at me.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... Tired brain added words.

Yeah, they seem far less attracted to you in your suit than they do in your big metal machines. Presumably because you make less noise.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Last Oasis certainly has potential. Just got out of the noob zone. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

GOG has Divinity II OS on sale, so I went for that. I like optimizing my tactics and so on, and Dragon Quest XI's old school design won't allow too much of that.

While I was at it, I grabbed Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3. HOMM 2 is a bit more dated than I remembered, but we'll see how well it keeps up, and HOMM 3 afterwards. I don't think I've ever actually played the third one.
    Last edited by endoperez; 2020-05-28 at 06:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Just started playing Lara Croft: Guardian of Light with my sister, and so far I'm impressed. Fun puzzles, fun combat, and I'm always happy to see anything local co-op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Persona 5 Royal has been monopolizing my free time. It's rather addictive, honestly - much like a good Civilization game, except replace "one more turn" with "one more day." And that's despite me having played the original Persona 5 before. I'm already in between the third and fourth Palaces.

Have to say, I'm impressed by how much they added. Not just the new characters and their social links, but so many new events and scenes for them, a whole new area with new ways to spend your time, new additions to the Palaces, new stuff for Mementos, new books that give new bonuses when read, Akechi's social link being completely changed - it feels like it might be an even bigger batch of additions to the game than the alternate female lead in P3P, and that was chock full of subtle changes to the writing on top of the more obvious changes. Atlus continues to show what high-quality work they do with this series. I love it.

It's great reliving the early parts of the game, too. The whole opening centered around Kamoshida, the reveals about Madarame and Yusuke, Makoto's development from tool of Kobayakawa's to her having the best damn Awakening scene in the game, the setup for Futaba's Palace - all great stuff. A pity that some of the later parts of the game aren't as strong - or at least, I didn't feel that they were the first time around. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind on this re-play.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Colossus in the Playground

GOG has Divinity II OS on sale, so I went for that. I like optimizing my tactics and so on, and Dragon Quest XI's old school design won't allow too much of that.

While I was at it, I grabbed Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3. HOMM 2 is a bit more dated than I remembered, but we'll see how well it keeps up, and HOMM 3 afterwards. I don't think I've ever actually played the third one.
    You're in for a treat then. HOMM3 is still seen by many as the best. At least by a certain kind of nerdy neckbeard, I mean connaisseur.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #143
    Banned

I actually prefer HOMM II. It has a much stronger campaign, and I just like the art style and music better. 3 is probably more balanced though.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I wasn't even able to finish P1&2 when I tried them, so I wouldn't even actually recommend those.
    I was 6 hours into Innocent Sin when my save got corrupted somehow. Most recent backup was two hours earlier. Haven't had the heart to go back and try to continue, even though I was enjoying it.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Are Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War or Inquisitor: Martyr any good, since they're on sale this weekend, or am I better off just reinstalling Dawn of War for a 40k fix?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-05-29 at 09:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Are Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War or Inquisitor: Martyr any good, since they're on sale this weekend, or am I better off just reinstalling Dawn of War for a 40k fix?
    Gladius is decent, it's a fun Civ-like game with no diplomacy, only war. Biggest problem I have with it is that the weapons tend to feel a little limp; I don't expect a squad of Guardsmen with lasguns to do much, but when it takes a Basilisk five turns to kill something, it feels a little underpowered.
    ithilanor on Steam.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    Gladius is decent, it's a fun Civ-like game with no diplomacy, only war. Biggest problem I have with it is that the weapons tend to feel a little limp; I don't expect a squad of Guardsmen with lasguns to do much, but when it takes a Basilisk five turns to kill something, it feels a little underpowered.
    I substantially prefer Gladius to all the hex based Civ games, it's a really excellent and smart design.

Dropping diplomacy is a solid move, not just for lore reasons (my space fascists are going to negotiate with demon-possessed traitors why?) but I think it elevates the rest of the game. Gladius is basically a turn based RTS, so all a diplomacy system would do is make the combat easier by allowing you to concentrate forces. As it is, you are quite often fighting a multiple front war. Also diplomacy with AI players in games like this is usually boring as mud, and exists of pretty much nothing but gaming the system.

The real cleverness of the game is what it does with cities though. In your standard 4X, cities do one thing at a time, and the game compensates by letting you build lots of them, leading to micro hell in the late game. In Gladius, you need specific buildings to produce different sorts of units (tank factories make tanks) and each building has a separate production queue. So your city can be building a new building, the barracks producing infantry, and the vehicle depot spitting out more tanks all at the same time. To prevent micro hell, there are substantial costs for building new cities; you'll probably get like 2 or 3 max in most games.

It also helps that the AI, while not brilliant, is at least competent at both the strategy and the unit shuffling tactics game.

I highly recommend Gladius. Most of the DLC is good too, particularly the ones that add new races to the game, as they are generally very distinct from each other. Even if you don't want to play as a race, fighting them can be super fun.

Recommending Inquisitor is tricky. On the one hand, the game has a ton of really unique ideas in it, and is easily the most inventive ARPG I've played in years. The downside is that the game is rife with things that work, but don't necessarily work together, or feel like they aren't working quite right somehow.

The biggest weirdness is how good (in a slightly janky way) the base combat is, which comes at the expense of boring, samey loot. Basically your character doesn't have active skills; those are entirely determined by the type of weapon you have equipped. So oasguns have a set of 4 abilities, boltgins have 4 entirely different skills, and so on. This means that weapon types are fantastically differentiated from each other, and generally feel great to use. Seriously, this game has the best Bolters of anything ever.

The downside is that finding new guns isn't all that exciting, because a new shotgun will pretty much always gave the same skills as the old shotgun, just with different stat bonuses. Personally I think it's a trade well worth making, because having a lot of fun combat options I easily change between is more interesting to me than a high variance on the output of the RNG.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

So I decided to actually get in gear and make some main quest progress in Subnautica.

Spoiler: Late game spoilers ahoy
    Show

I got to the Active Lava Zone alien facility. Saw a little robot thing, wasn't in the mood to be ambushed later, punted it out into the lava with the Repulsion gun.

Not long after the PDA tells me how everything here is non-hostile.

Now I feel kind of bad.

As I side note, is anyone else a little creeped out by the fact that

Spoiler: More spoilers
    Show
    The aliens that destroyed 4546B's biosphere have apparently been to Earth before?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

The game isn't entirely correct. Those things have attacked me before.

Destroying the Biosphere wasn't intentional. On the other hand, it would make a few legends more interesting.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

The game isn't entirely correct. Those things have attacked me before.
    Me too, which was why I punted it in the first place. It's just in that area that they're not dangerous, so far as I can tell.

Spoiler: Minor spoilery stuff
    Show
    And despite the PDA data entry saying I should take one with me for $$$ for Alterra, it doesn't seem to be possible to pick them up.