New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 2

"I see even animals don't resist" he commented, sitting down where indicated.
    "I guessed it wasn't something I could do freely. Please ask me everything you want" even if it was much on the same line as what he said previously, he was much more serious now.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

A dove flew down and delivered a rolled up piece of paper. A vulture did the same with a pen. Phrixa took both and handed Sirthis the questionnaire.
    “Please fill this out before we move on to the practical portion.”

Sune Questionnaire:

1. Given the choice of anyone in Realmspace, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
    2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
    3. Before starting a conversation, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
    4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
    5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
    6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
    7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
    8. Name three things you hope to have in common with Sune.
    9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
    10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
    11. How would you tell your life story in four minutes?
    12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
    13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
    14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
    15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
    16. What do you value most in a friendship?
    17. What is your most treasured memory?
    18. What is your most terrible memory?
    19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
    20. What does friendship mean to you?
    21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
    22. What’s a positive quality you hope Sune has? Is there a negative quality you fear/hope Sune has?
    23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
    24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
    25. Make three true “I” statements. Make one true “We” statement with Sune as the other half of “we.”
    26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “
    27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
    28. Write for Sune something you like about her body; be very honest, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
    29. Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
    30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
    31. Tell Sune something that you like about her personality already.
    32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
    33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
    34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
    35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
    36. Share a personal problem and ask Sune’s advice on how she might handle it.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

cool Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 2

Sirthis raised his eyebrows.
    "This is one long questionnaire. At least the questions look easy enough" he hummed a tune, starting to answer them.

Spoiler: Sune's Questionnaire
    Show
    1. Given the choice of anyone in Realmspace, whom would you want as a dinner guest? Euthimi. She can't leave her lake, so I'd like to show her how it is- I haven't met anybody I cannot already invite.
    2. Would you like to be famous? In what way? Not really- but if I had to, I'd like epics singing about what I accomplished in my life time. Not just for whom I was going to marry.
    3. Before starting a conversation, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? Of course not! I know exactly what to say naturally, if people don't like it they can suck it up.
    4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? Good question. I guess it is the day of rest after a an adventure- enjoy everything you gained and everything you already had. But that's only if I have to pick a specific day- I'm always pushing my days to perfection, even if they aren't going my way.
    5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? To myself... That's a good question. Two days ago, I guess. Even if there was an audience, I sang to take my pain out. I was completely alone while singing around a week ago, after a particularly weird dream. And I sang to my companions just today twice- one of them never heard music, so I'm going to open her a world.
    6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? I'm half an elf and a druid, there will be nearly no difference by then. But if I had to pick thinking of getting older... The body. I like my body sexy and athletic and my mind is strong enough to withstand old age.
    7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? As I've been told often, eventually I'll seduce someone too dangerous, I'm sure of it. And I won't mind at all, it'll be totally worth it.
    8. Name three things you hope to have in common with Sune. Dating gods, which I've yet to do unfortunately, beauty and carefree attitude. If the first isn't valid then the voice, i'm sure Sune's voice is enchanting.
    9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? For the chance of freedom- freedom of going anywhere, meet anyone, do anything.
    10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?I regretted so much being forced a druid but in hindsight? That brought me more love then good. I'm a product of my childhood and I'm perfect for myself, if a bit too weak to completely protect my own freedom. I would make my druid teacher nicer though.
    11. How would you tell your life story in four minutes?I lived defying the rules and enjoying life as much as possible. I drank, fooled around, fought, killed, laughed, sang, cried and I always did it staying true myself. A demon killed my sister and I chased it in the Feywild, where I got to know and fall in love with the Unseelie Queen after I outed a Vecna's followers' plan- which led me to get kidnapped by Shar's followers and had me help Mystra get Mystryl's Divine Spark back- though she didn't accept to date me as a reward. Then I helped a gold dragon recover Vecna's Spark which in turn led to his resurrection- that was NOT a good move. Nor was it becoming his cleric. I got chased out of the Fortress but I didn't surrender, and with Malyanna I used my newfound lonely position to ignore the Fey laws and kill the demon recovering my sister's soul- now, I'm beseeching a certain goddess help to get rid of Vecna's influence. And become the cleric of a goddess whose attitude I hope is much more in line with myself.
    12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? For sure, the freedom to go anywhere I want, WHEN I want. My tongue and magic will do the rest. In all senses.
    13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? Where I can find an instrument that doesn't break. Anything else might ruin my enjoyment of the future.
    14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? There's really nothing of the sort- I'm living a piece at a time, and accomplishing anything I'm set out to do.
    15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? My greatest accomplishment... Guess it was saving my sister's soul. And it'll be getting her back to life too.
    16. What do you value most in a friendship? I... Uh. That's a hard question. Guess it would be respect and trust. And mental affinity.
    17. What is your most treasured memory? I remember when a fiery redhead with an eyepatch covered my escape from my druid teacher. That was the day I met the woman who'd make a bard out of me. I can't say that's THE most treasured, but it's one of them.
    18. What is your most terrible memory? Until a day ago I would have said my sister's death. But now that saving her is within my grasp? My love running away from me after sentencing me to prison without any explanation is definitely something I have nightmares about.
    19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? ...nothing. I'm already living the best I can- I'd just try to get anything I haven't tried out of the way as soon as possible.
    20. What does friendship mean to you? Someone I can trust to have my back if needed, and with whom I can laugh. And that enjoys staying with me too.
    21. What roles do love and affection play in your life? I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my sister. Everybody's beautiful their own away- wearing my heart on my sleeve, I grow attached and love as many as I can, taking everything it brings- joy and sadness, pain and pleasure. Often mixed, the last two.
    22. What’s a positive quality you hope Sune has? Is there a negative quality you fear/hope Sune has? I hope she's funny. Somehow, that's really what I would like. Negative quality... Being too bossy. But I like it in the personal sphere.
    23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s? I may just be the bad apple in my family, everybody else really loves each other deeply. Meanwhile I have a resentment for my father since he's a druid and my younger brother because he's an idiot. And... Yeah, all in all, I did mostly what I wanted. I wouldn't change it.
    24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? Well, it's nice. She probably worries too much about me though, and that can get bothersome after a while. But all in all, I love her.
    25. Make three true “I” statements. Make one true “We” statement with Sune as the other half of “we.” I'm a pretty good singer and musician. I want to change the errors I made. I like to think I'm witty, fun and deep at the same time. We should really get to know each other.
    26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share … “My life. Like, all of it, with no fear of being judged and no fear they would betray me.
    27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know. I don't carry myself as a good or evil person- that is very important to understand. It's all fun and games until someone realises I can be ruthless and sadic with those I hate.
    28. Write for Sune something you like about her body; be very honest, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met. Specifying first that I never saw her, I'm sure I'd like the soft feeling of her skin touch. This question is hard to answer, I don't really censore myself.
    29. Share an embarrassing moment in your life. Well, I sang or played music five times in front of Malyanna and almost everytime she bluntly made me known she didn't like it. How's that for embarassing?
    30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? I cried on a pirate ship after singing of my pain two days ago and I cried the night before, lost in the Feydark after escaping the Fortress of Frozen Tears. Fitting.
    31. Tell Sune something that you like about her personality already. Aren't you goddess of seduction and trickery? Oh, we'll get incredibily along.
    32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Nothing! And at the same time everything. I don't mind joking on personal things, but everybody has to laugh. If someone gets hurt by it, it's no fun anymore.
    33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet? Everybody should know what I think of them. I'm just wondering wether Malyanna realizes how much she actually means to me and if Mab thinks I hold it against her for throwing me to the dogs. And if I haven't it's just because I think they know already.
    34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? Yarmihaddu. It's a living item- it literally has a personality. I couldn't leave it to burn, after having been by my side for so much already.
    35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why? Of course my sister's. I've lived through it. And I know for a fact I haven't stopped fighting for her even once. As for why... Guess because it was unfair. And I'm a doting brother. I think.
    36. Share a personal problem and ask Sune’s advice on how she might handle it. I became a cleric of Vecna which brought a whole lot of misfortune. I want to be able to walk up to Mab and tell her I got better after she tried to throw me in prison, regardless of what I plan to do afterwards. It would be much appreciated if Sune could offer me a job as her cleric, after making sure we are compatible.

Sirthis gave back the paper. He felt slightly sweaty, that had been quite the emotional ordeal, where he had to reveal a lot. He wasn't sure he had been really ready for it.
    "That was long. Now?"

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Phrixa looked through it. "A few of these are unsatisfactory, but overall we have a match! So you've been approved to meet with Sune."
    Flower petals bent into a makeshift bed.
    "I'll need you to fall asleep here."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

"Can I know which ones were bad later?" Sirthi asked, going to where she indicated him and falling down on the bed.
    "Will the armor be a problem?"

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you have trouble sleeping in armor? If not, no. Is there any way I can make you more comfortable, Sirthis?"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis sat back up, removing the breastplate.
    "I'll just leave it on the side, I assume the petals can hold it since I can step on them just fine. And thank you, but everything I can think of doesn't lead to sleeping. Not anytime soon anyway" he chuckled "Not that I'm in any hurry" he dropped down again to sleep.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll just leave you then, since you find my presence distracting." Phrixa patted Sirthis's hand and turned around, exiting the massive river lily. The other nymph followed her out, trailed by the animals enraptured by her.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

"I didn't say you had to leave" he lamented, shrugging and turning to sleep. It wasn't going to be hard after riding for hours and hours, he betted.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis's eyelids became heavy, and he felt himself sleeping.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis went back to Malyanna and Lenora, humming happily.
    "So, that's done. I just need to hope Vecna or Osterneth don't come to kill me now. Ah, Maly, Mystra's going to send one of her avatars to us- I don't think we need to go to Murkendraw anymore?"

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna was trancing, and finished up upon seeing Sirthis.
    “No, I suppose not. Please. Be quiet, I’m speaking with Tren Krom.”

Lenora smiled at Sirthis and waved, happy to not have only Maly for company.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis stared at Lenora stopping in his tracks, thinking back to Sune's words.
    ºAren't succubi meant to be evil fiends? She... Feels nothing like thatº he stared at her some more, finally shrugging and going over to seat next to her. There was going to be time to talk to her in privare, hopefully.
    "That was refreshing. What were you up to?" he told her, keeping his volume low to not disturb Malyanna.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

“Well, nothing really. I was just thinking about home, I guess. And how strange this place is. And then we both could hear you for awhile and she started chanting angrily.”
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked at Malyanna. Ops.
    "Would you believe me if I said that I was washing and that I made sure to keep your bracialets with me because they are your gift? Assuming it helps" he shrugged, turning back to Lenora.
    "Home uh... You mean Abeir? Or are you native of somewhere else?" he asked her, taking the time to clean Yarmihaddu.
    ºYarm, can you deescritely tell me the presence and direction of all Celestials, Fiends and Phlumps you can perceive if any?º

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Using Sense Enemies for 1 charge. How many charges does Yarm have?

Also (1d20+7)[27] for Insight.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

((17))
    “Abeir, she answered, still smiling. “I’ve never been anywhere else before here.” And if she was lying, she was doing a damn fine job of it.
    No flumphs and no Celestials, but she’s a fiend, Yarmihaddu said to Sirthis.

Malyanna kept her eyes and mouth stubbornly shut.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis stared at Lenora.
    "Well, hopefully you're having more fun here" he whispered at her, leaning closer to her ear "Remind me I have to talk to you in private, as soon as possible. Though it's nothing to worry about" he pulled back, shrugging. She could very well have said the truth this whole time- he probably would fake being a humanoid too if he was a runaway slave in an unknown place. He then stood up and moved over to Malyanna, seating behind her.
    "You know, I never actually massaged anybody else" Sirthis commented, touching her shoulders "Not even Mab. I'm... Sorry you had to hear that. I really am. I wish... There was a questionnaire that asked if there was something I'd regret not saying if I were to die suddenly. I answered... I answered that I wish I could know wether you really understand how much you mean to me. As I already said, I can't tell you to not get angry. Just..." he sighed, rubbing her shoulders "Just, know that you are one of the people I love the most. You're calming, playful and you got a wicked sense of humor. The nymphs got nothing on you. And if Ashanelath is listening too this is going to be extremely embarassing" he hugged her from behind, chuckling at the last thought, not particularly caring wether she was really communing with Ashanelath or not.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna sighed and stood. "I understand Sirthis. I was a fool for thinking anything would be exclusive. And I'll hate the day we have to become enemies. I just need time to be angry while we wait for Mystra. Do you think we can still count on Larloch's help?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis nodded.
    "I'm not seeing Mystra anywhere, so I guess you do have time. And... Uh. In hindsight, maybe we should have gone first to the temple. I'm... Not sure. Guess we'll try, maybe without recommendation we can still get inside. Work out a deal like back at the Yuir Village"

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna nodded. "We can try. Maybe even succeed. I'm going to walk over there and not talk to you now." She pointed at a tree and walked over to it.
    "So... what did you want to ask me?" Lenora asked.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked at Malyanna, saddened.
    "At least she is angry with the correct person" he shrugged and sat next to Lenora, watching her eyes. Then he put a hand on hers.
    "Just... Listen to everything before reacting. Sune told me I got a succubus in my group. And my staff registers you as a fiend, so there aren't many doubts. Thing is, I don't actually care" he smiled at her "I probably would hide my identity too, if I had been a slave and finished on a foreign plane and be part of a race considered evil. I just wanted you to know this, that you are safe and that I'm not going to act any differently wether you're human or not. Actually I feel relieved knowing you are stronger then you look, means protecting you it's easier. Though, I might ask you some questions when nobody's around since I know **** about succubi" he retracted his hand.
    "There. If you want to, you can run now. But I'd like it if you stayed with us"

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

Lenora leaned on Sirthis, unperturbed. "I think I'll stick around for now."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

"That was my hope" Sirthis nodded, caressing her hair.
    "I should also point out that I developed a liking for horned people. In case you show your form and I look at you in a different way, it's probably because of that, assuming you have some"

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

"I think I'll save that for later. You're pretty tapped out, I expect. Don't want to excite you just yet." She smiled right at Sirthis, happy to still be welcome.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah decidedly, I had the fun of a lifetime" he laughed and ruffled her hair "Though, I'm taking it as a promise that you will show me, eventually" with that he started humming a motif, just enjoying the place and her presence.
    ºI'll just hope Maly gets over it soon enoughº
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-05-31 at 05:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

His shadow stretched before him as the sun moved arbitrarily in the sky, then it solidified and stood up, bending into the shape of Mystra. She extended a hand toward Sirthis, and then the shadow dove into his mouth. Sirthis felt a silver fire running through his body... and then he had his shadow back.
    "Your eyes are silver," Lenora said, not having reacted much otherwise.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis blinked a few times.
    "I... I have no idea what just happened. But I think it's done?" he asked, standing up.
    "There was a burning sensation for a second... Silver eyes uh? I don't feel any different. Maly!" he called her "I think we can go!"

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna walked over and looked at Sirthis's eyes curiously. "That should do. So. What's our next move?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, first of all, thanks Mystra" he told to nobody in particular "Well, I guess we can go to the Temple. Thanks to this there should be no time thing to worry about... We do need to worry about sleeping in the Shadowfell since you can only Plane Shift once, but that's inevitable" he held out his hand to help Lenora up.
    "I am a bit anxious since it's Shar's domain and she hates me but... Whatever"

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna nodded and lifted her arms to Plane Shift, then stopped. She cocked her head to one side as if listening.
    "I have to go. I'll catch up with you later." And she vanished in a pool of black ink, plane shifting only herself.
    Show