New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 2

"Yes, I saw that when Vashti was brought in. We locked her with dimensional shackles, and ever since she has been useless." Mab accepted a drink offered by the Air Elemental.
    "Would you like to see the band first, then?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"Are we sure she's useless? Frost called her Shar's witch. The idea of having a follower of a god pissed off with me anywhere close by doesn't really make me calm" he asked, staring at Mab.
    "After the dance, maybe. I don't want to posticipate it any longer. Besides, I shouldn't be going anywhere before tomorrow"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"The band is here, in my Palace," Mab clarified. "And no, we're not sure."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-05-12 at 12:46 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis nodded "Yes, I meant that I don't plan on leaving before tomorrow, so there should be time to meet them later. Possibly not even the day after, depending on how lazy I feel"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Mab smiled. "Then shall we get you situated with the proper ice dancing gear?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"Why not- I'm finished eating anyway. And it's really about time" he told her, staring in her eyes "It'll be nice to lead the game" Sirthis whispered.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Mab shrugged that particular declaration off and stood. "Very well. This is a good opportunity to set up your overall wardrobe." Mab led Sirthis away and down another twisting path of ice and gems into a chamber in which a half-dozen spindly amalgamations of elves and spiders worked, sewing garments of silk and webbing as well. They stopped their work to bow at Mab's approach, and she directed her focus to one of these chitines. "My fiancé requires clothes that breathe when ice dancing, and should be free to select his wardrobe as well. Present him with suitable options."
    The chitines scrambled to obey, revealing a collection of what Sirthis could not have called leotards and other close-fitting attire for ice dancing, in a variety of colors available.
    Another set of Chitines offered a selection of royal jackets, regal robes, and flowing capes for Sirthis's selection.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Is there something not present in this palace?" Sirthis asked, looking through the option, feelings slightly overwhelmed.
    "Can I get all the capes? And, uh, anything that isn't black and red can probably go away. All black's good too. Also plenty of pockets and... I'm not used to all these choices" he commented moving over to the dance clothes.
    "I guess I'll pick... This?" he turned, showing a blue leotard with red drawings that marked the forms.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The chitines nodded, creating a pile of all of the capes and the red and black clothing Sirthis had indicated. "We'll bring these back to the Queen's Chambers," it said, then remembered to bow. "With her permission, of course."
    "Granted." Four of the chitines ran off with Sirthis's new clothing. Another came forward with ice skates matching his chosen dance attire.
    "My dancing clothes are in my room as well, so I'll get changed there." Mab leaned forward and kissed Sirthis's cheek. "I'll see you on the arena." As she left, the chitines pointed out a changing room to Sirthis for his use.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"Later, love" Sirthis said, thanking the spidelves and changing in the indicated room. As soon as he was done, he exited the room.
    "How does it look? Really, don't esitate to say it if it's bad" he asked the chitines.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

“I was cursed to have my body mutated into that of a lanky spider-beast,” one chitine said. “You look fine.”
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm... Sorry to hear that" he said "Though, being cursed doesn't stop you from being able to judge others, so I'll take that as true. Thanks for the clothes" with that he left the place to go to the arena, skates on the shoulder to put them on once on the ice.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Mab was standing, barefoot, on the head of the golden dragon built under the ice floor. She was wearing a high-cut, tight-fitting black dress that opened up on her side to allow for ease of movement.
    Next to her, a band of satyrs, centaurs, nereids, winter eladrin, and a giant cricket were ready to play a song for the two.
    "Do you know the dance of the Souls Resuscitating?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You do.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Am I the only one who uses actual skates?" Sirthis asked, changing in them.
    "And yes, I do. Are they the bards?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

"Why don't you tell me?" Mab asked, and they started to play a soulful dirge.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd be ok with challenging them later" he replied, skating away to his starting position.
    "But for now, they are good"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    So, Dexterity? (1d20+8)[13]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Mab skated out to meet Sirthis and the two had a high-speed dance. There were impressive lists, long loops, and a beautiful moment where Mab leapt onto Sirthis's shoulders and he lowered her gracefully back onto the ice. It was great. Sirthis did like a 13/20 but Mab did a 43/20 so it was still really awesome.

At the end, Mab's chest rose and fell as she clutched him close. "Well? How was I?" she asked Sirthis.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"You were amazing Ma-!" He catched himself "-i Queen. The best partner I ever had, and the best dancer I ever saw" and it was all true. Even with his implanted memories, he had never seen anything quite like that.
    "Makes me regret missing the opportunity until now"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Mab stretched out her neck and planted a kiss on Sirthis as the assembled fey at the table cheered for the performance. Mab's smile was wide as she stood up under her own power. "But yes, this is the band. Would you like to introduce yourself?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, yes" Sirthis took Mab's hand, leading the pair towards the artists' group.
    He observed their instrument, including the cricket's legs before actually saying anything.
    "That was fantastic- I'm a musician in truth, too. Although my music is pretty different, given that I come from pretty far. I'm Sirthis Elvaninn" he nodded his head in greeting.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

There was a centaur on drums and one with horns. A Satyr had a reed pipe, and another a violin. Two nereids backed up the drums with cymbals, and the winter eladrin had flutes.
    "I'm sure we'd be happy to compare notes, Master Elvannin!" The cricket said. "What do you play?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

"Lute and violin, mostly. I also play the flute, but I prefer instruments that let me sing, since I enjoy making up my own texts. And I'd enjoy comparing notes too" he looked at the satyr, giggling remembering something.
    "Sorry. I remembered asking Hyrsam for a duet -a singing one- only to see him pull out bagpipes. Still enjoyed himself though" he looked at the centaurs "Had the pleasure to partecipate in a centaur's storm party- the lightnings did scare me a bit first, though"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

The satyr and centaur took a deep breath and nodded. "Mm-hmm," they said together.
    Mab took Sirthis aside and whispered; "People don't come to me because they fit in with and are happy within their original tribes. Garland - the satyr - and Revbon - the centaur - don't appreciate being reminded of their past lives."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh" he murmured, turning back to them "I'm sorry for that- I thought it could have been a fun experience to share. I should have been more thoughtful"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

They each nodded. "It's alright. We appreciate your apology, lord."
    Mab smiled, the matter settled. "I'm going to change back into my casual wear - you may if you like. And then we can continue the tour."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Are people going to call me lord a lot?" Sirthis asked, nodding at Mab "I'll go change too. Pleasure to meet you all" he bowed his head slightly as a goodbye, realizing later that it probably was weird for him to do that. There again, being called lord was weird in itself.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you’re marrying a Queen," Mab reminded Sirthis as they walked arm-in-arm back to her chambers, where her servants began changing her back into her flowing black dress.
    "There’s a certain degree of rank that gives you. But each of my consorts has changed the position in their own way. Perhaps you will make the office a more... approachable, informal one in my court.”
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think there are many alternatives" Sirthis said "Can you imagine me as anything but informal?" he checked for the clothes the chitines brought.
    "Uh, capes" he mentioned, changing into a jacket with leather pants- and a long cape complete with hood.
    "I think I can get used to this specific thing" he covered himself in the cape "Alown, there's lots of fabric you can attach to now"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Alown flapped over and lodged herself into the cape. “Travel cave!” She cawed in joy.
    “Mmm. You’re getting to look quite regal to me.”
    Mab stepped over to adjust the jacket. ”Where shall we begin? The library? The art gallery? The treasury?”
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis stole a kiss when she got near.
    "Apparently people don't like it when I go near a treasury- even if I never stole anything... More or less. How about the art gallery? I'm curious"