New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Starfinder - Dead Suns Adventure Path

The Shuttle Okimoro, outside of Absalom Station

The Okimoro, a small system shuttle hardly worthy of the name, starts to guide through the fleet of ships in semi-permanent orbit around the huge, glittering spires of Absalom Station. The pilot, a happy human who handles the ship with the steady familiarity of someone who's done this thousands of times, happily points out the ships within the Armada as they pass. Space here is crowded with cargo ships, asteroid miners, explorers, embassy ships, and the occasional military vessel or militia patrol craft. Sleek Kasathan ships guide by the blocky, functional lumps of pact world ships. The occasional military vessels or militia patrol craft dart by the lifelike, copselike outlines of the Eoxian necromantic ships. The pilot points out several Vesk vessels with more than a hint of resentment.

The pilot specifically calls out the Acreon, an old drift-mining ship that has been dominating the headlines throughout the pact worlds for the past several days. It showed up at Absalom Station with no crew and no life signs, hauling a strange asteroid pulled from the drift. It sits in its own empty zone, quarantined and abandoned.

Five travelers sit on the ship, linked up at the port of embarkation with instructions on how to link up with Duravor Kreel for introduction to the Starfinder Society. Kreel is a tall dwarf, profiled on your datapad.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Introduce yourself! First post should introduce and describe your character and meet the others. and set up anything you need to do. Once you've introduced yourself, if the PCs want to do any small talk you can include it in the IC small talk thread on the Discord.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Starfinder - Dead Suns Adventure Path

Tannhauser, Android Solarian & NGCC Competitor
    Hit Points: 11 of 11 | Stamina Points: 8 of 8 | Resolve Points: 3 of 3
    Conditions: None.

Tannhauser watched as the ships slipped by through the viewport, he was still unsure of why he was here. Qiib had suggested he join the Starfinder Society, and that the organization would possibly be able to assist him discover the truth of his origins and the corp-sec retreival team that had continued to track his movements. Still, he missed the vast darkness of the Diaspora, this cluttered Armada made him feel cramped, confined, constricted. It was an unusual feeling for him, as such, he allowed his eyes to flutter shut, flickering back and forth beneath plasti-flesh eyelids, while he ran an internal diagnostics. His internal structure was at 100% integrity, however, his powercore was running hot, generating more energy than he could easily route through his systems. His para-causaul network had already connected to the infosphere that surrounded Absalom station, he casually perused the information located therein, looking at any publically accessible information in regards to the Starfinder Society.

As he catalogued the information, the android stood up from the worn shuttle chair, and paced the deck of the shuttle. The android was of average height, however, it's chassis was heavier set than most androids seen in the Pact worlds, thick, duratanium cabling formed his musculature, visible beneath the glossy black finish of the golemforged plating that was anchored to various hardpoints located across the android's chassis. However, the most unique feature of the android was the plasti-flesh covering which adorned his head and neck, as if to give the semblence of an organic sentient, it did little to conceal the inhuman nature of his biomechanical eyes, with their black sclera and faintly glowing blue iris.

Noting his fellow occupants, he saw an older human, weathered, greying hair and a full wide mustach; another synthetic of middle height, light blue skin, brown eyes, black hair, wearing a pilot's jump suit; a lithe framed Pahtra with a golden hued and spotted coat, second skin armor and a blaster on her hip; finally, their fourth, a diminutive Tanuki, grey and black coat, a large, fluffed tail with broad bands of those same colors, and interestingly enough a quadraped drone with some sort of riding saddle built into the rear of it's chassis.

Curious, the android turned towards the other sentients aboard the shuttle, "Good day, would I be mistaken to believe that we five are travelling to Absalom with the same directive, to meet with a representative of the Starfinder Society?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    "Good day, would I be mistaken to believe that we five are travelling to Absalom with the same directive, to meet with a representative of the Starfinder Society?"
    You see a bluish-skinned android with short black hair, a woman(?) probably built to blend in with Lashunta or Human societies, maybe Vesk if those little forehead protrusions are meant to be horn-like instead of antennae. No, not Vesk. Too smooth.

They're seated and bouncing their left leg but otherwise seem completely calm and near expressionless.

The flight suit they're wearing has the colors of a racing team, R.C.-Edaio, right down to the logos of a couple Akiton orgs with so-so reputations. It has "Drive" embroidered on the front in gold: it could be a name, it could be a command.

It could be a passion.

They look over at the other strange android's question. "Correct. No. No - you are not mistaken.

"From the conversation I had, I was thinking Starfinder was interested in playing their cards close on this one... but I guess we must be it, then?"
    They look briefly from one to another of you with a fresh intensity.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Slate, Tanuki Mechanic

The little Tanuki is fidgeting with a funky data-pad mounted on his left arm. He is wearing coveralls and has a comically oversize handgun, relative to his small body, slung over his shoulder.

"Yeah, hopefully working for them is better then when they accidentally bring some work through your business." he says with just a hint of sarcasm.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Tannhauser's eyes flicker back up beneath the plasti-flesh eyelids as he does a cursory infosphere search, before he looks to the blue-skinned android, "Dvorak Drive, Akitonian Starskiff League. Placed 9th overall during their initial season season, preference for a modified 74-Z, with Aratech repulsor pads and a Moll K-19 power core." It wasn't a question, but a statement of fact, "An impressive machine. I believe I saw one of your races across the Dust Sea, you slipped past Jhereg Niklas, the favorite for that race, on the third corner, an upset victory at 7:1 odds." He turned his attention back to the other synthetic, "However, it is likely that your choice to join the Starfinder's will keep you from participating in the next season, were you dissatisfied with the League?"

Their reasons were there own, but he remembered Connaugh's excitted 'Whoop!' as they rounded that corner, earning his dwarven handler a sum of money. However, the Akitonian junker's were unimpressed, having lost a sizeable sum, and when the junker's attempted to retreive their winnings from Tannhauser's patron, their was an altercation that resulted in them leaving the Dust Sea, quickly.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

For much of the interchange, the older man stared out the window, clocking the ships that passed by one by one. There was a million credits. Half a million. Two. So much wealth here, floating around a small speck in the middle of space. He knew the second he stepped on board that station, the minute he walked away from the lights and the parts that people wanted him, an outsider, to see, he’d find the “real” station. The people who really kept the damned thing running, who struggled and scraped by. He’d been one of them, at various times in his life.

He looped his thumbs through the equipment loops on his harness and pushed himself back against the cushioned seat. His black jumpsuit had numerous patches, most faded. Everything he owned was on his person; it was easier that way. He could leave anywhere at the drop of a hat. Hell, if their shuttle got breached right now, he’d stand a decent chance of survival as his vacsuit activated.

His attention was caught by the Acreon. He gazed at it for a long time, before musing out loud, in spite of himself. “And how much is in your hold, mi kopeng; and wither your crew?” More loss.

He turned to the others, listening to them talk for a little bit. “I heard of you both,” indicating the androids. “Big time sports are big business in the Diaspora. More dangerous the better, na?” He looked at the other alien, with the giant gun, especially keying in on his comment, but asking the question generally.

“Ya deal with the Starfinders before? Been to Absalom Seteshang?”
    Last edited by Tycho42; 2020-05-12 at 01:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Niobe

Once Absalom Station had become visible through the windowpanes of the shuttle, Niobe had been staring at it, following the descriptions of their pilot closely.

The somewhat feline, apparently female humanoid is taller than most humans (about six and half feet), lithe, with slightly longer than human limbs. Her fur is golden and spotted, similar to that of a leopard or cheetah. Niobe moves gracefully and swift, and her body language testifies a certain amount of self-confidence. As they are planning to dock soon, she wears traveler's clothes and has a durable looking backpack with her. As observed by Tannhauser, she has a pistol strapped to her side, along a handful of other items that make her seem prepared. An old looking compass dangles from a cord around her neck.

Hearing the discussion ensue, she watches it from the reflection in the pane for a moment, then turns around to join in. When she speaks, her voice sounds soothing. "Never dealt with them before, haven't been here before... But yes, your assumption is correct -- I plan to join them, actually." Her voice suggests that she has little doubt if any that she could be accepted into their ranks. "Name's Niobe, by the way."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Tannhauser greeted his new companions in kind, pleased with this simple interaction. As the grizzled human, speaking in a Diasporan patois, inquired as to the legitimacy of his actions in the combat circuit, he simply shook his head. "Big time sports in the Dust Sea; my time in the Diaspora was aboard a dwarven clan ship, a mining vessel." He appeared almost wistful as he remembered his time aboard the Belegost, "This unit is well equipped for ring, and so I plied that trade when forced to flee the Diaspora. On Akiton, fighting in the circuit is preferable to the alternative if one's stock and trade is combat and violence." He paused as Bexford inquired about the Starfinders, "I was approached by a retired agent, and the negotiation was amendable. We are now within range of Absalom's infosphere and I have downloaded the publicly available information on the Society, should you wish me to transfer it to your comms I would be glad to do so."

As the Pahtra introduced herself, the android realized he had been remiss. "I am sorry, this unit's designation is Tannhauser, I am pleased to have made your acquaintance."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Dvorak smiles at Bexford's sentimentality about the ships. They understand.

"Dvorak here, as Tannhauser mentioned. Me, I'm from here originally. I have not dealt with Starfinder before, but they promise adventure and needed some independent spacers. One of our test pilots did some work for them and reminisces fondly about those times.

But I guess we'll have to get our particulars from this Kreel fellow."

The android looks around and addresses the Tanuki: "What was your experience at your business? Or, what is your business?"

Spoiler: For Slate
    Show
    Feel free to reply here or on Discord, hehe.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-05-12 at 04:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

“Good point. If we are all meeting the same person, we should all know one another. Name is Abelard Bexford. Bex, please.” He smiled at the others, looking around at them. Not...exactly what he’d been expecting but not displeasing. His gaze fell on the android named Tannhauser, as he raised and gestured with his datapad. “I wouldn’t say no to those files you pulled.”

Then, he looked to Dvorak. “As for you, tell me all about the station. Where does an old spacer get a drink and some stories. Especially stories about big, abandoned ships with rocks strapped to them. That’s a story mi want to know.”
    Last edited by Tycho42; 2020-05-12 at 10:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Slate, Tanuki Mechanic

Slate flicks off the screen of the data-pad.

"You can call me Slate. I had a small repair shop not too long ago but some society members chased their quarry into my place. There was not much left standing after the dust settled." He says as he zones out of the present for a few moments lost in memory.

"Yeah a stiff drink sounds like a good idea."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

12. - Top - End - #12

SamuraiGuy

Landing on Absalom Station

Spoiler: Zero Prime
    Show
    Regarding your inphosphere-enabled Culture Check, you learn all the information about the Starfinder Society on p. 479 of the core rulebook.

The team continues their introductions as the shuttle approaches Absalom station. The pilot announces that they're approaching docking bay 94 and will land in a couple minutes - a phrase that is meaningless to most of you, as you look out the port and see the enormous bulk of the station dotted with hundreds of docking bays, loading quays, and ship tender berths.

The shuttle spins on its approach and sidelines into the station, and as the side doors drop you see a large, functional commercial docking bay - yellow safety lines, neat stacks of cargo waiting for their next shipment, the yellowish-brown glare of sodium lights. The bay is buzzing with activity - dockworkers moving around, cargo being shifted, et cetera.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Bex Initiative: (1d20+2)[4] Perception: (1d20+4)[7]
    Dvorak Initiative: (1d20+3)[10] Perception: (1d20)[11]
    Niobe Initiative: (1d20+4)[10] Perception: (1d20+5)[24]
    Slate Initiative: (1d20+3)[21] Perception: (1d20+4)[24]
    Tannhauser Initiative: (1d20)[7] Perception: (1d20+7)[27]

Bex is lost looking at the sheer masses of wealth in the enormous docking bay, and wondering what the 93 other docking bays before it have to offer. The rest of the team spots Kreel - a tall, handsome Dwarf standing with a datapad prominently stating "NEW STARFINDERS" and watching them offload the shuttle. When he identifies them, he raises his hand and smiles.

Niobe, Slate, and Tannhauser also note something different, and more ominous. Two armed groups are taking up positions on either side of the docking bay. Before they can shout a warning, one of the people to the left - a lithe Lashunta woman, peeks behind a crate and starts firing towards the other group.

A flurry of laser fire crosses the docking bay. Kreel drops to the ground, while other bystanders start to run.

Spoiler: Situation
    Show

G indicates the goons. Goons on the left are wearing blue armbands, goons on the right seem to have no uniform at all though tend to red highlights on their clothes.

K is Kreel.

PCs are on the bottom in hard-to-see blue.
    B is Bex,
    T is Tannhauser,
    S is Slate and C is Slate's Drone,
    D is Dvorak
    N is Niobe

If you move, please indicate specifically where you move to. I'll try and put in a grid reference on later maps, but don't have time right now.

Tannhauser, Slate, and Niobe can act in the surprise round. Various Goons act on Initiative 22 and Initiative 9. The goons that acted on initiative 22 have already gone.

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    Goon Group 1: 22
    Slate: 21
    Dvorak: 10
    Niobe: 10
    Goon Group 2: 9
    Tannhauser: 7
    Bex: 4
    Last edited by robnar; 2020-05-13 at 05:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bex is startled by the eruption of gunfire, not neccessarily the situation he thought he would find himself in. In effectively a stumbling dive towards some crates, his hand catches his own firearm, ready to assess the situation.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

So, I figured I’d post Bex’s action because he can’t really do too much. When he’s able to act, I want to get my gun out (swift action due to quick release), move three squares to the west (unless it got occupied by an earlier combatant), and assess the situation - basically try to get a look at what this mess is all about and try to not make it worse. The two colours make Bex think this is a turf war, and he’d like to find out.

14. - Top - End - #14

Niobe

"-- Down!" Her warning comes too late, but fortunately, Kreel drops down to the ground on his own. Or is he hit? In a fluid motion, Niobe draws the small pistol from her belt, and releases the safety catch. Without looking at the others, she just says lowly: "Cover me, I'll try and get him out of there!"

Show

Surprise round: Only one action, so, drawing weapon.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Conditions: Photon attuned.

The android carefully took in the situation, six armed assailants, three to the north-east, two to the north-west, and one almost due west. It seemed the attackers were from opposing factions, the pahtra, Niobe, called for her fellow Starfinder applicants to cover her advance towards where Kreel had taken cover.

Tannhauser surged forward, there was a flicker in his vision as the reactor at his core flooded his systems with photonic energy. "Drop your weapon red-band, you don't want this fight." A hex-shaped field of blue white light surrounded his fists and forearms as he advanced to the north east. "Believe me."

Show
    Moving 20', four squares, diagonally to the North East, which should place me just below the '4' in the middle of the docking bay. Free action to enter Photon Attunement, and manifesting my solar weapon as part of my move action.

16. - Top - End - #16

SamuraiGuy

Docking bay 94

Show
    Goon group 2:
    Top attack vs. middle left goon: (1d20)[14] dmg (1d4)[3] hits for rolled damage.
    Middle attack vs. middle left goon: (1d20)[18] dmg (1d4)[2] hits for rolled damage.
    Bottom attack vs. Tannhauser: (1d20)[11] dmg [1] hits for rolled damage

Spoiler: Bex
    Show
    You don't get to drop prone in the surprise round, because surprised.

Spoiler: Tannhauser
    Show
    Kreel has a massive laser burn through the side of his neck, exiting the other side. He is on the ground, unmoving. The wound is probably mortal.

The laser fire continues to crisscross the bay, as both sides fire wildly at each other. To the left, the Lashunta who took the first shot is drilled across the shoulder and hip by two laser shots, but keeps standing and firing. To the right, as Tannhauser moves into the crossfire and calls out one of the combatants, he startles, then turns his laser and shoots Tannhauser. The bolt glances off his ankle plate, but leaves a flash burn.

The situation is eerie. The docking bay roars with the thrum of the lasers' discharge capacitors and the cracks as they burn through cargo plates, glance off bulkheads, or scorch flesh. There are shouts of rage from the combatants, shouts of pain from the injured, and screams from bystanders.

Show

Legend remains the same. Superscript notes indicate amount of damage taken. Slate and Drone now occupying the same space, marked SC.

Last edited by robnar; 2020-05-14 at 05:18 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Niobe

"Shtako!" she growls and darts forward to Kreel's side, dropping down next to him to see if he is still alive.

Show
    I counted an 80ft path from Niobe to the square next to Kreel (western side). She can just take two move actions, and drop in the end as a free action.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Dvorak yells, "Hey, cut it out!"

They dash over towards Tannhauser, crouching beside the crate at the bottom of the "4" on the floor. Tannhauser looks ok so Dvorak turns their attention over to the one that shot at the fellow android. "Drop it!" They wag their finger at the goon.

As if by magic, the goon's gun begins to get a bit oily.

Show
    Move to the square diagonally up and right from Tannhauser. Casting Grease on the weapon of the closest (bottom right) goon (who otherwise might continue to have an angle on their position). Reflex save DC14 to try to stay holding onto the gun, otherwise they're disarmed for the moment.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-05-14 at 10:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Slate, Tanuki Mechanic

First day on the job and already shooting up somebody's workplace.

"Copy that Niobe"

Show
    Move action: master control of drone.
    Standard action: draw handgun.

Drone move action: forward 30 ft next to Tannhauser.
    Drone standard action: Provide covering fire for Niobe.
    (1d20+3)[11] 90 ft range increment.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-05-14 at 11:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

SamuraiGuy

Docking Bay 94

Show
    Goon Group 1:
    Top vs. Middle group 2: (1d20)[6] damage: (1d4)[3]
    Middle vs. Middle group 2: (1d20)[19] damage: (1d4)[2]
    Bottom vs. Middle group 2: (1d20)[14] damage: (1d4)[1]

Reflex roll for greased goon: 10

Edit as appropriate for resolution of actions
    Top vs. Middle group 2: (1d20)[19] damage: (1d4)[3]
    Middle vs. Middle group 2: (1d20)[17] damage: (1d4)[4]
    Bottom vs. Tannhauser: (1d20)[1] damage: (1d4)[1] Draws weapon and charges. Crit fail, trips on the forklift tines. Considered off-kliter.

Niobe
    darts nimbly through the hail of gunfire, staying low as she bounds across the docking bay and slides next to the downed dwarf. You're not a doctor, but the wound looks mortal. His neck is blasted clean through from the side. Laser burns are clean - the skin around it is cauterized, and there's minimal bleeding. But his windpipe is open and his spine exposed through the hole.

Dvorak. You move next to Tannhauser as you collect energy from the air and shape it into a greasy protoplasm. It works like a charm - the thug whips his pistol towards you and it flies out of his hand, banging off a crate nearby. The thug - a surly looking Kasatha - pulls out a club from his belt and roars into a charge - only to bark his shin painfully on the forklift tines. He stumbles over them, halfway to you and Tannhauser.

Slate. You start firing at the assailants - hasty shots, vaguely aimed. You're not confident in the results - the drone seems to be firing high and unsteadily as it walks along.

Goons: The goons continue to trade shots. Laser blasts sizzle across the docking bay. The gangsters in the middle have it worst, since most of the room has a clear field of fire on their positions. The Lashunta woman takes two more hits but keeps standing, while her counterpart across the bay takes two glancing blows.

Show
    Last edited by robnar; 2020-05-16 at 04:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Hit Points: 11 of 11 | Stamina Points: 7 of 8 | Resolve Points: 3 of 3
    Conditions: Photon attuned (Rnd 2).

Seeing an opening as the Kasathan attempted the very manuever he, himself was going to try, the android surged forward "Photon ... DRIVE!" However at the moment before impact, he vented the energy out of the heat sinks in his forearm and bicep, causing the matrix to become unstable and aimed for his four limbed target's solar plexus, hoping to drive the wind out of him and put him on the deckplate.

Show
    Move Action: 15' directly east, adjacent to off-kilter gang member. Std Action: Non-lethal attack w/Solar Weapon @ +0 (+1 BaB; +3 Str; -4 NL Penalty); (1d20+0)[19] vs KAC; if successful 1d6+7 [+3 Str; +2 Cha; +1 Crystal; +1 Photon Attunement]; (1d6+7)[8].
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-05-16 at 06:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

((There are some revised actions I wanted to take. Sorry, I was flat-footed as a player this round))

Bex curses under his breath, a colourful mixture of swears as he shifts angles to run back over to help the android. He slides into position behind a barrel to the south of the android, firing a shot at the Kasatha menacing him before ducking back down.

Show

Move 30’ behind the barrel directly south of Tannhauser, firing at the Kasatha that is coming at him.

(1d20+2)[2](2) to hit with pistol, (1d6)[4](4) piercing damage if it is a hit.

23. - Top - End - #23

SamuraiGuy

Docking Bay 94

Show
    Goon group 1 - top vs. 2 middle: (1d20)[20] dmg: (1d4)[4]
    Goon group 1: middle: drops down behind cover, you can't tell what she's doing.
    Goon group 1 - top vs. 2 middle: (1d20)[19] dmg: (1d4)[3] Moves up to next line of cover and shoots.

Tannhauser moves up and slams his energy-wrapped fist into the chest of the off-balance Kasathan, staggering him back and visibly knocking the wind out of him. Bex moves up behind cover and fires at the Kasathan, but the shot misses as the thug staggers back.

The other goons in blue move up, while the injured Lashunta drops down behind cover. As the middle red goon turns to fire on Slate both blue goons dial him in. He takes a shot through the hip and another through the head, and the burning laser fire ignites his hair and shirt. The flaming body drops.
    Show
    Last edited by robnar; 2020-05-17 at 04:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Niobe

Seeing Kreel hurt badly, if not dead, she does not hesitate. Now our never... she grabs the med patch from her jacket's pocket kept there for emergencies, and patches it on Kreel's neck trying to cover as much of the visible wounds as possible.

Show
    Move action, draw med patch, standard action, administer first aid. (1d20+12)[19] (12 total = 2 skill + 10 med patch)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Dvorak has not shown much emotion through this but does look to be cowering a bit as Tannhauser and the goon slug it out in front of them. They finally get up to peer over the boxes and cast a spell with another wave of their hands, over in the direction of the further goon. It only takes a few seconds but it feels like forever amidst the laser fire.

Show
    Staying in as much cover as possible and using a Full-round action to cast Summon Creature, to get a little robot to pop into existence behind the top-right goon. We'll say the little square with the grating in the upper-right corner. The casting time is 1 round so it'll pop up next turn and help flank. The robot has a short-ranged sonic gun at +5 to hit and 1d4 damage.

If Dvorak gets hit before next turn I'll have to concentrate to keep the casting going.

Everything else I had are mostly Close range abilities and folks are still quite spread out. (And the cryo pistol range is even shorter than Close, haha.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Slate, Tanuki Mechanic

Slate gets down close to the drone and directs it to move up to Kreel and Niobe and try to give them some cover.

"Niobe, how does he look?"

Show
    Slate
    HP: 8/8
    SP: 7/7
    RP: 4/4
    EAC: 14 (18 w/ total defense)
    KAC: 15 (19 w/ total defense)

Move action: master control of drone.
    Standard action: total defense.

Drone
    HP: 10/10
    EAC: 11
    KAC: 14
    DR: 1/-

Move: Double move next to Niobe to try to provide some soft cover.
    Standard: N/A

27. - Top - End - #27

SamuraiGuy

Docking Bay 94

Show
    Top goon vs. Tannhauser (1d20)[16] dmg: (1d4)[2] - move action to move, standard action to attack. hits, 2 dmg.

Bottom goon vs. Tannhauser: (1d20)[8] dmg: (1d4)[3] move action to right himself, standard action to attack. Misses.

Slate's drone strides next to Niobe while the Pathran slaps a medpatch over the injured starfinder's throat. She has no idea if it will work - he remains unresponsive. In the meantime, Dvorak starts to assemble a simple ovoid magical robot behind one of the attacking goons.

The red-banded goons are in a dire spot. The topmost goon, a female human, runs to check on her friend who went down. She screams and shoots at Tannhauser as she sees him preparing to strike down her friend, and the shot scorches across his armor. The bottom goon rights himself, but swings his club clumsily and misses.

Show
    Last edited by robnar; 2020-05-19 at 12:37 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bex takes a breath and brings up his pistol, taking another shot at the goon that is threatening Tannhauser. He has no idea who these guys are, but maybe once one side is cleared out the others will scatter. Worth a shot. Bad day and bad luck for those with the red bands.

Show

One shot with a pistol: (1d20+2)[9] for (1d6)[5] piercing damage if it hits

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Hit Points: 11 of 11 | Stamina Points: 4 of 8 | Resolve Points: 3 of 3
    Conditions: Photon attuned (Rnd 3).

The woman appeared in the android's peripheral, squeezing off a shot from his pistol as she ducked back behind cover, placing herself closer to both Tannhauser and Bexford. The blast scorched a furrow in his armor as he twisted, taking it on the shoulder, he then turned his attention to the shaken man before him, "Told you you didn't want this fight red, shoulda have dropped your weapon and stayed down."

He advanced menacingly, staying low, lacing his fingers together he formed a double fist and suddenly standing to his full height, his fists rising in a vicious arc aiming towards his assailant's chin. "Double Photon Strike!" Tannhauser prepared to sprint towards the forklift, slipping between it's tines to advance on the red band's female companion, should his attack stagger his current opponent.

Show
    Standard action to attack, (1d20+4)[11] vs KAC, if that hits, Tannhauser will move to the east end of the crates, slipping between the crates & the forklift. You had mentioned it would require an Athletics check to do so, (1d20+5)[12]. However, if I miss, or don't KO said thug, I won't disengage. Ha! I forgot to include damage but that 11 looks like a miss! So no movement.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-05-19 at 12:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

SamuraiGuy

Docking Bay 94

Show
    Goon group 1 top provides covering fire for goon group 1 middle retreating. (1d20)[18]
    Goon group 1 middle retreats.
    Goon group 1 bottom moves across the battlefield.

Tannhauser's "Double Photon Strike!" misses, taking at least two of his 'cool points' with it... but Bex's shot does not. As the Kastatha ducks back, just out of the android's reach, Bex shoots him in the sternum - a clean, square hit that exits in a spray of blood against the crates behind. The Kasathan topples over backward.

Meanwhile, the 'blue goons' seem to think their mission is accomplished. The goon against the far end of the corridor starts laying fire as fast as she can across the docking bay while the other two start to retreat. The heavily injured Lashunta runs down a side corridor, while the other - a lanky human male who looks like a low-grav diasporan - lopes quickly back to cover near their exit.
    Show