New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default ttrpg 90s cartoon

I have a feeling I've seen this before, but can't quite remember. Is there a ttrpg that's supposed to emulate super 80s/90s action cartoons like He-Man/She-Ra, Thundercats,Transformers, DragonBall, etc.?

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: ttrpg 90s cartoon

Not really, those are all different things, both genre-wise and setting-wise.

I've seen roleplay games based on She-ra/He-man, I've seen mecha rolepalying games, and I have one roleplaying game that can be used to play shonen anime like Dragon Ball, but they're all different things.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Was it 'Cartoon Action Hour' from the early 2000s or 'Teenagers from Outer Space' from the 80s?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
    Was it 'Cartoon Action Hour' from the early 2000s or 'Teenagers from Outer Space' from the 80s?
    I don't think it was exactly Cartoon Action Hour, but for all intents and purposes its exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Another game aimed at the comedy end was Toon.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

There's also Freedom Squadron, for Savage Worlds.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.