New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

confused I'm looking for a art site.

The lock-down has given me time away from my job and I realize I really don't like it, actually I hate it, It's killing me... and that I can still kinda draw.

I seem to remember a brown and tan site were artists posted their WIP and other progress stuff and i kinda want to find it or another site again. Somewhere laid back where I can get some quality feedback.

Bonus question: I'm also looking for a place to put a web comic once I get my sea-legs back.
    The game doesn't start until you reach epic levels.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I'm looking for a art site.

I've got a friend who has art-friends. Let me contact him and see if he knows anything.

Good luck!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Perhaps www.deviantart.com is what you seek?
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

That sounds like conceptart.org, which doesn't appear to exactly exist any longer. But there are art communities out there; DeviantArt is certainly one option, and likely the most laid back. I've always had decent luck with feedback there. As far as webcomics go, I know Comic Fury is still around, even though a lot of people are using Tapas and Webtoons and what these days. (I just made my own site, because I'm like that, but there are advantages to hosting a comic on one of those platforms - especially if your comic happens to be the sort that those userbases like, which can be hard to guess.)

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Remmirath View Post
    That sounds like conceptart.org,
    Yep, that was it! Sad to hear it's dead.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Like others have said deviantArt will be your best bet for now. People can find your work easily, and freely give feedback, especially if you ask.

Another option is ArtStation. It's newer than dA, but very, very active and people do comment. That said, I'm not sure how much easier it would be to get your work found.
    For free sketches: click here

Why do players who mostly play Wizards have a superiority complex? Who hurt you? Did the martial classes touch your no-no place?

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by N7Paladin View Post
    Another option is ArtStation. It's newer than dA, but very, very active and people do comment. That said, I'm not sure how much easier it would be to get your work found.
    Yeah, the thing about ArtStation is it feels like it is seriously for pros and I don't feel like I'm there yet. I'd be too embarrassed to post.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Melayl View Post
    Perhaps deviantart is what you seek?
    Agree devianart is site to go for art related stuff.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

If you're just into art for fun and relaxation and personal enjoyment, but want to share what you've created, DeviantArt is probably your best bet. It also has forums! Though be wary, they are largely rules-free and unmoderated. ArtStation is definitely angled more towards professionals (and I use that term not "pros" for a reason) and people who want to become professional artists. If you're looking to show off your work with the intention of networking, finding employment, or turning art into a career, ArtStation is where you should go. It does not have any sort of communal message platform (that I'm aware of).

A lot of people simply post on Twitter and Tumblr these days too, but it doesn't feel like an "art site", just a feed with lots of "art" in it, with little exposure to other works or artists without someone you're following sharing something.

And there's always the furry sites if your artwork is more....specific.

Also good riddance to ConceptArt.
    Knowledge brings the sting of disillusionment, but the pain teaches perspective.
    "You know it's all fake right?"
    "...yeah, but it makes me feel better."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

As it happens, I've been wondering how to connect with artists who might be willing to do freelance commissions.

I've looked at DA from time to time, and there are occasionally some good things featured, but I'm not sure if that's the community I should be looking at. Is there another site for artists who are specifically available for freelance work?