New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: THIS MACHINE KILLS ANTHROCHAUVANISTS - (Lancer IC)

"It's not hypocrisy," Eliza says, shrugging. "If I unshackled you, odds are that more people would suffer, under your guise of being 'helpful'. It's not my job to help you, it's my job to help them. But, feel free to feel smug. I don't mind. If proselytizing at me makes you feel better, go ahead. I can ignore you allll day."

She feels pretty good with casket secured and people freed and prepped to transport to the space elevator. Burn notwithstanding. That still kinda really hurts. But at least she doesn't need to walk anymore. And it's comforting to have Weaver back nearby, in case the worst happens.

And then, at the 11th hour... figures. The Baronies wouldn't let their prizes escape that easily...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Under heavy fire and constant hacking attack, the liberation team pushes forward and destroys twice their number in mechanised units. This isn't without cost, with each of the mechs taking heavy fire and one of Biloxi's weapons even getting blown from its mount.

Nearing the space elevator and Harrison armory territory, the team pushes forward as fast as they can before more mechs descend on them.

https://imgur.com/demSYBn

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mostly just a filler post to bump the thread so it doesn't get archived while we sort out the combat on discord.

3. - Top - End - #93

Harrandax - Olov Province - 5016u - Shenopolis - Space Elevator

The Liberation team doesn't so much run through the gauntlet of enemy mechs as carve through it a blaze of gunfire and swordplay. By the time they're finished nearly three times their number in enemy mechs are destroyed with the few remaining enemies unwilling to pursue them onto Harrison Armory territory.

"You're very good," chirps in Totec on the team-wide comm channel - the channel which should be completely secure from this kind of interference. "I had been planning to offer my assistance when you were overwhelmed, but that never happened. You have my - not respect... my acknowledgement. I acknowledge your skill."

As the Liberation team moves towards the Space Elevator, they move onto sovereign Harrison Armory territory. The residential and office buildings recede and are replaced by squat brutalist structures of unknown purpose. In the centre stands the space elevator, reaching higher then anyone can possible see. Standing guard around the Harrison Armory territory are a variety of corpro mechs, mostly second-tier models or older variants of their main lines but easily a dozen mechs in total. The exception is a single modern Sherman class combat mech which is standing in front of a group of three Baronial design mechs. Two of the baronial mechs appear to be Kriegerin model units you've seen before, while the third is something custom and unique. You can't tell how deadly it is, but it looks like someone has dragged the mech through a military-themed pimp store as it is actually wearing a giant hat with a feather in and has a crimson cape held in place by golden epaulettes.

The Sherman and the pimp-mech are gesticulating, their pilots seemingly in the middle of the conversation, when all eyes turn to you. There is an air not of hostility, but of the readiness to commit hostility at the slightest rationale.

The Sherman pilot waves the Baronial mechs to one side and approaches, its laser rifle pointed not quite at anyone in the team but close enough that it can get you in its sights with a small twitch.

"Identify yourself," says the mech through speakers built into the chassis, the voice modulated to sound robotic and devoid of personality. "This is Harrison Armory property and unless you're blind, the ****'s hit the fan out there. We don't take kindly to people wondering here at the best of times, let alone heavily armed mechs."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, sorry, buddy," Eliza responds dryly to the NHP. Circe has give her a higher tolerance to this sort of shenanigans, so it really seems expected at this point. "You're staying in carry-on. Not to say I don't trust you, but I sure as hell don't trust you. Besides, Weaver already claimed shotgun. Not room enough in here for the two of you. Also, I don't care about your respect."

The Harrison aesthetic is... interesting to say the least. A mix of practical, baroque, and gaudy, it feels. And then comes the challenge. Ensuring her weapons are clearly powered down, she opens the external communications.

"This is Lancer-Recruit Dragonfly, speaking on behalf of this DOJ Liberation squad, based out of the Agonist."
    They really need to come up with a proper squadron designation. This is just awkward. "I'm sure you'll have seen them on your sensors recently," she says, taking a tone that's a mix between officious and conversational. Trying to remain nonthreatening while maintaining legitimacy. "Anyways, we're here to requisition sanctuary for this hovervan full of civilians. They were held hostage and experimented on, and there's not really much in the way of safety at this point for them. The Baronies threw a lot at us to try and get them back, but we're hoping you could shelter them until Agonist is able to send someone to pick them up. You do have rather clear superiority in this area, and I doubt people would be stupid enough to make you show what you can do."

"Ideally we would also hope to request some place where we can repair our mounts, but it's understandable if that's beyond what can be considered. Regardless, the safety of the civilians comes first."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Perhaps he was simply paranoid by nature but he didn't like the situation. U. had a rocky history with Harrison Armory to say the least, the facility he woke up in had been one of his, and CIRCE had their fingerpints all over their coding, she was likely a variant of an NHP they had developed. If he was ever going to find out more about himself someday he'd have to confront those ghosts but in the moment, that mission came first. He would do nothing to endanger that, and he had no idea of his attempting to speak or announcing his presence would incite some kind of reaction. So for now he was content to remain and let Dragonfly deal with them, she was the people person.

Still. Maybe it was the paranoia but he didn't like handing over the prisoners like this. It would be so easy for someone to just 'lose' them after they left.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Cardsharp makes no response to Totec's comments over their squad's communication channel, but if anyone could see behind the many layers of protection between their face and the outside world they might notice the telltale signs of concern. The nonhuman intelligence's housing isn't connected to any sort of sensor systems, nor connected to the squad's network. It should not be able to follow the mission's events on a large scale, much less interject comments as it has. What else might it be able to observe? Like most Sigma, 914 is naturally cautious of artificial intelligences, and this situation is enough to deeply unsettle them.

Seeing the confrontation between the Baronial forces and the Armoury defenders, they make sure to keep a good distance from the potential hostiles and make no threatening gestures, leaving their weapons uncharged and carefully pointed away from the Space Elevator while Dragonfly announces the squad's presence and objective to the Harrison forces. It seems like the outgoing young woman has things under control, so Cardsharp simply keeps a vigilant watch on the Baronial forces and opens a direct channel with the refugees' hover-truck, tuning their voice modulator to a higher pitch intended to be less intimidating. "Anindya. I would like a status update on yourself and the other evacuees. Have you noted any important medical or psychological issues which may need to be addressed? We are nearing proper medical facilities now, and I would be pleased to alert those facilities to your needs ahead of time." If nothing else, Cardsharp hopes that reminding the former test subjects that they're nearly safe in Union custody will help to keep them stable and calm while any necessary negotiations with the Harrison guards takes place.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2020-06-27 at 02:57 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well, Harrison Armory was not about to open fire on a squad of DOJHR recruits, so Paragon is relieved to have safety in that sense. He needs a few minutes to get Mainstay back into shape after taking a bit of a beating back there. Of course, getting them to be actually helpful might be more of a challenge. He'd have to imagine HA was not happy with the crackdown on the regime here, even if they only had bits and pieces of what was happening. They probably had their fingers in a lot of the exploitation themselves although they might have tried to keep it separate.

Paragon's gaze wanders over to the transport. Speaking of projects and exploitation, the metal people are clearly some sort of high-tech new development, and that is the kind of thing he would be worried HA trying to nab for itself. Maybe a DOJ cruiser and teams nearby would make HA not try to be sneaky with the rescuees, but Paragon wouldn't put it past them.

Well, Dragonfly has the initial contact under control it seems. If HA doesn't at least try to be helpful we might have to lean on them a little he thinks to himself.

8. - Top - End - #98

There's no further reply to Totec, but Anindya uses the civilian comms unit built into the vehicle to respond to Cardsharp.

"You mean aside from people being turned into weird emotionless robots and the rest of us being imprisoned and fearing for our lives? Well sure, aside from that it's just ****ing great." There's a slight crackle of the connection being turned off, then turned on again a moment later. "Look, sorry for snapping. I get what you mean. Generally, we're all in a pretty bad way but no, no-one's dying right now or anything."

Meanwhile, the Harrison Armory commander has been silent for a few moments at Dragonfly's request before he responds. "Heh, pretty cocky calling yourselves Lancers. But yeah, we've got you down here for a transport of evacuees. We've got facilities here we use to repair our own mechs and those tools are universal so that's no issue, but what is a problem is I don't see anywhere in your paperwork that you've paid for that service. Now if you'd like to personally use your manna to -"

Before the HA Sherman Pilot can continue further, the decorated Barional mech storms forwards and interposes himself between the team and the Sherman.

"What in the blue blazes is going on here?", an imperious voice demands, the accent familiar as that of a baronic nobleman thanks to their frequent usage as either bad guys or love interests in Omninet movies.. "Are you involved in the chaos that's happening out there? Our systems have gone haywire and we've got some people saying the Union is trying to annex us and other saying that the baron is a war criminal. There's chaos on the streets and now I turn to find the Department of Justice and Human Rights and Harrison Armory in cahoots!"

"Don't think you've got me fooled," he says, the mech waving a giant finger under what would be the nose of Deadface's mech if it had a nose. "You're up to something and I demand to know what."
    Last edited by Bitter; 2020-06-30 at 07:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Dragonfly ignores the Baronic mech for the moment, instead continuing to talk to the HA representative as if nothing is in between them. "It may be cocky to claim," she says, matter-of-factly, "but in our line of work we have to be confident. Those we fight take advantage of any weakness, perceived or otherwise." In a more conversational tone, she adds, "I thank you for your offer, too, but I'm afraid that our pockets are a little light at the moment. I'll make sure to get more clarity in the future about what exactly the purchase services entails. Documentation is always important."

She finally acknowledges the baronial mech. "My apologies for the delay, nobleman, but I was in a conversation. There is no 'cahoots' here, besides that of normally offered services. I have no idea what your citizenry is doing, or any allegations. All that we are aware of were horrendous violations of human rights being enacted, and the order to get those to cease. What we have been made aware of has indeed ceased. No further information is available to us, so I suggest you lodge any further questions elsewhere." Preferably deep in an uncomfortable personal place. Not that she could say that. But she sure is thinking it hard.

10. - Top - End - #100

He didn't like this. There was a part of him that was infuriated at this baronic toadstool for going to these lengths to disrespect him, but there was another part of his mind that didn't seem to bother. It was a small mind and a large ego. They didn't care about what was happening, not really, only about having the perception of control. Not literal control mind, just the perception of control. It was almost like a muscle memory, knowing what to say and what to do to get these people to leave him to his research. As the nobleman ranted waving his hand U. responded by shifting his damaged mech, Harbor groaning slightly as it did so before moving, not in any hostile fashion, but taking a knee before the bloodblooded imbecile.

"I apologize for my comrades tone, Ser. We've had an exceedingly long and difficult day, someone of your responsibilities can likely empathize with." Deadface's voice came out in a calm, if chilled tone, not unlike one a baronies nobleman would here from other subordinates. "But we are in haste. And we have people with us, people who need help. And if you cannot help them, someone of your placement and reach, who will? I assure you, give us your name and we will see your justly rewarded by the Department of Justice and Human Rights for the troubles we are putting you through. All we ask of you, is aid in this matter. No huge undertaking, yes?"

CIRCE snorted at that, "Not bad at all U. I wondered if you still had it, but getting these sacks of crap to do what you need isn't exactly rocket science." Thankfully, not announcing that comment to the world, simply letting it resound inside his own head. That... had been fairly practiced. Hmm. Considerations for later.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Cardsharp allows Anindya to vent her frustrations. It's entirely understandable that the evacuees would be distressed under these conditions, and there is no harm in allowing her to air these grievances. When she seems finished, Cardsharp responds. "I understand. Counselling will be available when you arrive on the Agonist. I am certain you will have a difficult healing process ahead of you, and have no desire to downplay the difficulties you have faced. If there is anything I can do to assist you in the short term, please do not hesitate to ask." After a brief pause, they continue. "With regards to the... Mmm, emotionless robots. I am particularly concerned for their safety. Have you noticed anything which might indicate what has been done to them?"

12. - Top - End - #102

"You've already done plenty," says Anindya earnestly over the comms in response to Cardsharp. "I thought we were all done for in there and you saved us. Thank you, really. As for what they did, I've no clue. Whatever happened it was in the lab and whoever came out like those guys - though not everyone did come out. Hmm, although, I guess I did sometimes here they talk about 'thanatologic' or 'thanoslogical' research of something? Something like that".

The Harrison Armory mech commanders signals his acceptance of what Dragonfly has said and within moments there is an reasoning of tensions as the rest of the HA guards seem to no longer regard the liberation team as a threat. A bustle of activity begins as a team of orderlies begins unloading the evacuees and getting them ready for launch up the space elevator.

Meanwhile, the baronial mech listens to Deadface and Dragonfly's explanation with no interruption besides a snort of disgust at the idea of seeking financial compensation from the Union. Once the two pilots have finished, the canopy of the baronial mech unlatches and opens, revealing the cockpit inside. A young man with bright red hair and the fine features that only incredibly expensive gene therapy and surgery can produce. The other baronial mechs push forward, crowding round the mech as if to protect the pilot from any unseen attack

"My title is Margrave Tarrow-Bao of the House of Stone," says the pilot from within his gaudy mech, sketching a small bow without rising from his seat. A few moment pass while the pilot seems to wait for some appropriate deference, but when it doesn't come he continues regardless.

"Whether you know it or not, meant it or not, your activities have caused no small amount of havoc. Most long-range communication channels, even military channels are down, but we're getting reports of attacks on various military facilities. I've heard some people are getting scrambled transmissions from an orbital Union ship which seem to repeat your claims, while others are being told by their local Under-baron that the Union is finally looking to overthrow the nobility of the Trade Baronies. Meanwhile in this chaos and distraction, criminals and terrorists take their opportunity to loot and strike out."

"I have responsibility for forty thousand square miles of territory and two million lives. If you are here to overthrow our rightful rule then you are my enemies, while if you're here to root out corrupt scoundrels who breach human rights then you may be my ally. This leaves me with a question."

The Margrave glances from mech to mech, sizing you up.

"Would you like to discuss this over some tea, to see how we may be of mutual assistance?"

Show
    As well as deciding if you want tea, decide how much if anything you'll want to tell Tarrow-Bao if you do take him up on his offer.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Over the squad Comms, she says, "I don't think we should take this. He's not going to be happy with the measures that we're going to take to make sure those people are safe. And I don't think he'll be able or willing to aid us in that." She leaves things vague, because apparently Totec has no qualms about being able to tap into secure comms, and she sure as hell doesn't trust it to not tell Margrave about plans.

That taken care of, she swings up to the hatch of Huntress, standing on the mech. "Make sure they don't try anything funny, Weaver." In parallel to the other pilot, she removes her hardsuit's helmet, similarly red hair flowing out now that it's free. Standing face to face (-ish, at least), she addresses the other. "I'm afraid, Sir Tarrow-Bao, that we can't exactly take the time right now to enjoy tea, much as fresh food does sound nice. I can assure you, though, that the Union is not here for some violent overthrow. I have no quarrel with your governance." At least not unless it's proved said governance were behind things. Then we can revisit things. "We're here specifically to free those who have been unethically detained, and experimented on in breach of human rights. I am afraid, though, due to the delicate situation, that we cannot accept your aid here."

"We have already been attacked by those wearing mechs of Baronic design, and the facility was... impressively funded. And while I am sure that you would never seek to see harm to civilians, these were willing to drag them back to get tortured. In the middle of a city, I might add, filled with many of your citizens. Hopefully it's simply that they acquired them over time through legal channels, but there was such a degree of them that I do fear that there might be some corrupt lowlifes who abuse their position, and seek power at the expense of honour. While you may have good intentions, and I appreciate those, there may be some along the way who might twist your words, perhaps in such a way as to use this situation to gain more power for themselves. I feel that the best course of action at this point, and the most helpful to all involved, is to watch carefully and see if there are those who squirm during these operations. For those are likely the ones with the ties to those scoundrels you mention."
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-07-06 at 12:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Cardsharp keeps their response to Anindya brief, as it seems the Harrison techs are beginning the process of unloading the passengers. "Gratitude is appreciated but unnecessary. I believe that these are called 'liberation teams' for a reason. Be safe. I am certain we will speak later. Once you are on the ship, ask for Cardsharp if you wish to find me for any reason."

With that done, they turn their full attention to the Baronial mech. Margrave... Must be a title of some sort, based on the speaker's tone, but not one that Cardsharp is familiar with. Dragonfly's response makes sense, but seems... Preclusive of assistance. Frankly, the lack of available intelligence assets on this mission have been a stumbling block in the past, and Cardsharp is by no means willing to throw away a chance at securing a potential collaborator with connections within Harrandax's political structure. They quickly tune their voice modulator a little deeper and cut in moments after Dragonfly finishes. "Apologies, Margrave Tarrow-Bao, if this discussion appeared combatative." Hopefully this is the correct form of address. Union social constructs and pronouns can be difficult to remember, with their bewildering variety. "As my team-member implied, our mission is time-sensitive and currently confidential in detail, but I am certain that the DoJ would greatly appreciate your assistance in ending human rights noncompliance here on Harrandax, as is our sole long-term objective. If you have any meaningful intelligence or resources to assist us in the short term, I invite you to share. If you are committed to the well-being of your subordinates, cooperation with this Union initiative can only benefit your position."

15. - Top - End - #105

"Time is lives right now."

Deadface's mech rose, as he nodded his agreement. "While you may consider ourselves more than willing to speak to you in person we are in the midst of an operation. Furthermore, I would assume you would prefer to speak to our mission control, if possible? Such a feat could be arranged trivially once our current mission is complete." Foisting him off onto their bosses would be for the best anyways, in U.'s estimation. In the meantime, they needed to be moving. Get their mechs seen to if possible, and then move on. They would not be the linchpin that saw this operation crumble.

16. - Top - End - #106

As each of the liberation team responds, Margrave Tarrow-Bao because visibly more annoyed.

"Fine," he says, seeming to brush aside the Liberation Team's rationales and excuses with a single delicate wave of his hand. "It's obvious you'll tell me little more than I already know."

"Be warned, however," he says as the hatch to his mech closes around him, "This kind of high-handed approach will find little love on Harrandax. The Karrakin Trade Baronis have stood for thousands of years, long before Union came crawling out into the stars. We live and die by our own rules and Union high handedness will find little love here, turning people who could be your most natural friends and allies against you if you can't respect the natural order of things."

"Zbogom i sretno," he says, the Margrave's language dipping into some unfamiliar dialect as he signals for his troops to follow him and marches out.

As the conversation with the Margrave has ended the Harrison Armory forces have continued about their business of readying the evacuation efficiently, but you now notice a knot of two dozen harrison armory personnel congregating around something though it's impossible to make out what. One of the members of the group, a technician in a plain HA grey jumpsuit seems to notice your regard and hurries over.

"Madams, Sirs, I think you'd better come over. We've been getting everyone ready for evacuation but one of those people, the ones in the metal suits, is giving us trouble."

As you approach the juggle od people, the resounding footsteps of your Everest Mechs quickly clear a path for you as the bystanders scatter to show the centre of the group is one of the metal-clad figures you rescued. A moment of reflection of the unique style and runes incribed in the armour reveals it is Rin, the one talkative metal-clad prisoner who you spoke to briefly at the laboratory. Two guard have Rin by the elbow and armpit and are trying to drag them towards the space elevator, but it's as if Rin is either stuck to the floor or weights thousands of pounds as they seem to not be able to move them an inch.

"Ah," says Rin in it's high pitched voice, turning to regard you while seemingly oblivious to the people struggling to take them away. "Good. You are the helpful ones. I need to be free. This suit. I can't s̴t̶a̸n̴d̶ this suit. Get it o̶f̶f̷ me. Cut it off me if you need to. I don't care how."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, we don't exactly seek your love," Eliza mutters, after she's affixed her helmet back to her hardsuit. Back to the matter at hand. Getting the laser disabled.

...except not. Oh dear. This is an... eventuality. Dragonfly dismounts once again, walking up to the recalcitrant person.

"I can't, Rin. I'm sorry," she says, gently. "I would love to. More than anything. I can't imagine how you're suffering in there. What those monsters did. The people in our ship, where we're getting you... they're the ones who know more than us. They're the ones looking over all the data, everything the researchers did, what they talked about. I... I don't know about any of that stuff. That's why we're getting you up there. They have specialized equipment up there. They'll know what to do. Everything we have is either not really able to get through armour," she gestures to her sword at her side, "Or will just... kill you." She points to Mainstay's giant sword. "I don't want you to die, Rin. And I want to get you out. I want to help. The only way I can do that, though... is to get you and the others up to our ship. We... we can't help you down here. I'm sorry." That thought hurts her more than she wants to admit.

Show
    If it's needed, Charm of 9. Yep. Those are the typical rolls I know and "love."
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-07-13 at 12:03 AM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Cardsharp follows suit, dismounting from their mech and rushing to the side of the distressed evacuee. They listen through Dragonfly's argument, and then follow with their own. Logic, rather than passion, but no less concerned despite the mechanical tone of their voice modulator. "Unfortunately, we currently have little understanding of what exactly was done to you, Rin. It is entirely possible that the suit might be necessary for your survival in this environment..." A pause. "I understand your problem. I strongly recommend waiting until we can get you to a proper medical facility and determine what can be done to safely remove you from that suit; I am certain that the capable medical team aboard our vessel are prepared to assist. With that said..." Another pause. "It might be we could borrow a cutting tool from the Harrison mech bay, to bring with you. So that you will have an option, if not a good one, in the event your situation becomes unbearable." Cardsharp's synthetic voice sounds a bit hesitant at this, as though they are concerned about offering this, but... Perhaps Rin will find comfort in knowing that another option is close at hand, if nothing else, and the suited former test subject does seem to be in considerable distress.

Show

Assisting Dragonfly's attempt to persuade Rin.

19. - Top - End - #109

Rin doesn't immediately respond and the silence causes the two security officers to have another go at pulling Rin away forcibly. Once again, run doesn't budge even an inch.

"It should be my decision if I die. Or if I live. Or if I. Risk my life to be. free."

Rin and the guards suddenly go stumbling backwards, Newton's laws once again seeming to apply to Rin as they are no longer immune to the force of the guards pulling on them.

"But I will go if I have the cutting tool," says Rin as they allow themself to be pulled to their feet. The two guards look at each other for a moment and then one of them nods, clearly doing the mental arithmetic and realising that letting Rin have a cutting tool is likely the path of least resistance. Rin says nothing more, nor makes any extra gesture to you, as they allow themself to be moved away.

"Well done," crackles Mette's voice through the comms. "Another portion of your mission down."

Show
    The roll succeeds with Cardsharp's help! Primary objective complete!

I won't be doing anything further for you at this location, so it's up to you to decide if there's anything else you want to do here or if you want to move on to the final part of your mission.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Tears silently roll down Eliza's face inside her hardsuit, frustratingly unable to be wiped away. Well done? It sure doesn't feel like it at this moment. It felt like a hollow victory, too late for those who had already had whatever done to them. Could they even help them? Who knows. What if they couldn't?

It's all so much... more overwhelming in person. It was easy to be all glitz and glamour in training, or when it was just shooting stuff. But this? This is raw emotion. This is something out of her control, where the lives of people have been irrevocably twisted at the whim of people who have not one care for anyone.

She takes some breaths to compose herself, watching the retreating figures - and silently wishing Rin luck - before finally speaking, voice... at a more measured level, but not quite without emotion. Certainly especially not to Cardsharp's ear. "Let's... we should go. Now. Before things get any worse, or the comms get under control, or anything. And before anything drastic happens with the sealed people. Things are out of our hands now. We just need to do what we can to help them."

As she walks back to mount Huntress, her shot wounds beginning to throb again, she has a desire to go and stab Totec's casket until he tells them what happened and how they can fix it. Not that he would feel it, as far as she knows. But it would make her feel better.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

21. - Top - End - #111

"It's hard to imagine that kind of mental trauma."

It was CIRCE that spoke up then, her voice... surprisingly soft. NHP's had all been conditioned to some degree be able to sympathize with humans, and it looks like whoever did hers did a surprisingly good job, despite all the megalomania. Deadface however, had remained quiet during the exchange with Rin. He had a sinking suspicion he'd only complicate the situation further, though he couldn't help feel a quiet empathy with them. He also had things done to him he didn't understand, for reasons beyond his current frame of knowledge. Not to Rin's extend mind but... Still.

"Existence isn't a chance you get again. Feeling so much fear, frustration, and pain that you'd rather destroy that than go another day is hard for me to fathom. But it's their reality, when they're stuck in those pins."

"Those who tormented them will get their just punishment." Deadface murmured, his voice calm still, as he worked to refocus in on the mission. "It's what we're here for. We've seen to that. And now we just have a bit more left."