New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Scourge’s Landing: Aiden V’Isante

Date: 8:40 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    “I have just the thing for you, it was just looking for a new owner,” the wizard says.

He reaches into a glass display case and pulls out a black crystal the size of the palm of his hand. The crystal is in the shape of a black dragon with two little red crystals as eyes.

“You can use this to focus your magic through. Or put it on a shelf in your home. Only twelve gold for this beauty.”

Room:
    Ace’s Magic Shop
    The small shop contains many shelves of various spell components. There is a small shelf of magical potions, empty vials and other items needed for brewing potions. Other items include non-magical staffs, wands, daggers and other small weapons and tools of the craft. Racks of clothes contain various robes and attire for spellcasters. There is even a shelf of basic items for druids and a religious section for the local clerics and paladins.

Move Options:
    West: South Merchant’s Road
    East: Backroom

Speaking Options:
    Ace the Propreitor
    Male Halfling Spellcaster

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Andan looks down at his component pouch, and then back up at the crystal dragon focus with want in his eyes. To Ace he said, "Well as much as I would like something like that, I can't part ways with that much gold. I will be back after earning more though. Is there a deeper benefit to it then my pouch here? Can you also tell me the best place a sorcerer like me can earn a good bit of coin?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:40 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.

“I think any good caster should have something to focus on when casting. Sure makes my spells stronger if you ask me. You could join the town guard, they never turn down a caster.”

Ace turns his attention way from you and begins speaking with the halfling who is paying for a few magical components.

Room:
    Ace’s Magic Shop
    The small shop contains many shelves of various spell components. There is a small shelf of magical potions, empty vials and other items needed for brewing potions. Other items include non-magical staffs, wands, daggers and other small weapons and tools of the craft. Racks of clothes contain various robes and attire for spellcasters. There is even a shelf of basic items for druids and a religious section for the local clerics and paladins.

Move Options:
    East: Backroom

Speaking Options:
    Ace the Propreitor
    Male Halfling Spellcaster

4. - Top - End - #34

"Ace, I'll catch ya when I get some more money in my pockets." To the halfling Andan says, "And if you are looking for some work as well I'll be out at the town center. Hopefully there is another notice board or something."

With that Andan takes another glace around the store and his eyes dance with giddy excitement. After taking everything in, he turns and exits through the magic shop door and back into the busy street. Turning North, Andan heads towards the Town Center to have a look around.

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Both

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:50 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    You move easily enough through South Merchant Road up into the town center. The center of the town is bustling with activity. Bards play music by the fountain, mimes pretend to be confined to their box and vendors should out their wares.

Room:
    Town Center
    A statue of a giant minotaur with a single gauntleted hand wielding a giant battle axe stands in the center of a large fountain, directly in the center of Scourge’s Landing. The giant square is surrounded by buildings of all sorts. The Town Hall is a giant white wooden structure. Another town board stands outside the Town Hall. There is large temple to the god, Silvyrus, the God of Nature. Another massive structure is an inn, the Silver Gauntlet Inn. Various other shops, vendors and street performers fill the square.

Move Options:
    North: North Merchant Road
    East: East Merchant Road
    South: South Merchant Road
    West: West Merchant Road

Speaking Options:
    Random Passerby’s
    Town Guards
    Mimes
    Bards
    Random Vendors

Building Options:
    Town Hall
    Silver Gauntlet Inn
    Temple of Silvyrus
    Blacksmith
    Stables
    Barber
    Clothing Stories
    Fresh Vegetable Market
    Butcher
    General Goods
    Alcohol Store
    Smoke Shop

Town Center Board:
    Current Board:
    Pinned to the board are several pieces of paper:
    1. Town Meeting: 15th of the High Sun, Town Hall at 4 pm.
    2. Notice: Any weapons not peace bound will be confiscated until further notice.
    3. Wanted: Mack the Knifer, murderer, arsonists, dead 10 gold, alive, 50 gold. See Sheriff for inquiries
    4. Missing: Alimbre Paskir, young brunette, human girl, last seen outside of her farm north of Scourge’s Landing.
    5. Job: Caravan Guards needed. Pay negotiable. Dangerous, to Frost District.
    6. Job: Town Guards needed. Inquire at Scourge’s Keep.
    7. Help Wanted: Clearing land for homestead build. Kobold problem. See Alexa Trubald in the Merchant’s Quarters at Alexa’s Foreign Goods.
    8. Show: The traveling ministries group, One Leg Too Many, will be performing from the 12th to 15th of High Sun nightly at the Big Horn Tavern.
    9. Taxes: All taxes for the last month are due by the 15th. Arrest warrants will be made for delinquent tax payers. See tax officer for payment or extensions.
    10. For Sale: Trained Dire Rats, 50 gp. See Stromad Elsor in Riversfork.
    11. Needed: Dragon Poppy Flowers. Please see Alina Woodrow, at The Good Herb in Talon Pass.
    12. Paying Double: Double the usual rate for dire boar feet. Need for next year’s Pickled Pigs Feet Festival. See Scaley The Wag at the Green Jo’bli Tavern.
    13. For Hire: Body Guard for high profile visitor. Inquire at the Silver Gauntlet Inn front desk.

6. - Top - End - #36

As Andan skims the board he starts to realize it is the same thing at the docks. Before he closes his note book, he notices that the dire boar feet are now double. After jotting this down and circling it, he closes the book and places it back into his pack.

"Guess I should find a job first, then I can see how much help I might need. I wonder if Alexa's shop is around here." Andan says to himself. Then straightening up he peers around the busy Merchant's Quarters for Alexa's Foreign Goods Shop.

Spoiler: Notebook
    Show
    Alimbre Paskir, young brunette, human girl - farm to north
    Alexa Trubald - Merchant’s Quarters at Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    Collect dire boar feet - Scaley The Wag at the Green Jo’bli Tavern - Paying Double

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:50 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    You don’t immediately see Alexa’s Foreign Goods. It is definitely not in the town center and you didn’t see it on South Merchant’s Road.

Room:
    Town Center
    A statue of a giant minotaur with a single gauntleted hand wielding a giant battle axe stands in the center of a large fountain, directly in the center of Scourge’s Landing. The giant square is surrounded by buildings of all sorts. The Town Hall is a giant white wooden structure. Another town board stands outside the Town Hall. There is large temple to the god, Silvyrus, the God of Nature. Another massive structure is an inn, the Silver Gauntlet Inn. Various other shops, vendors and street performers fill the square.

Move Options:
    North: North Merchant Road
    East: East Merchant Road
    South: South Merchant Road
    West: West Merchant Road

Speaking Options:
    Random Passerby’s
    Town Guards
    Mimes
    Bards
    Random Vendors

Building Options:
    Town Hall
    Silver Gauntlet Inn
    Temple of Silvyrus
    Blacksmith
    Stables
    Barber
    Clothing Stories
    Fresh Vegetable Market
    Butcher
    General Goods
    Alcohol Store
    Smoke Shop

8. - Top - End - #38

After looking around the circle a bit and not seeming to be able to find Alexa’s Foreign Goods, Andan begins to ask around for directions to Alexa's.

Speaking Options:
    Random Vendors
    Town Guards
    Passerby's

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry I haven't been as active. I've had a work course that I was being put through that was pretty intensive. That's over now so I should be good to go.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 8:55 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    It doesn’t take long before you wrangle in a passerby willing to stop to speak with you. The young elven man, dressed in light green robes, directs You towards East Merchant’s Road. Heading towards the direction he sends you, you realize you must be getting in a slightly more upscale area of the town than you experienced coming up from the south. His directions are accurate and you quickly spot a fairly long two-story shop with a sign in front saying Alexa’s Foreign Goods.

Room:
    East Merchant’s Road
    The street is lined with various shops of all types. Most buildings are two or three stories in height. The shops on the bottom, living quarters on top. There are several cart vendors that sale various common goods such as fruits and vegetables from local farms. Several side streets run north and south. The houses in the district to the north are much larger than that to the south. The district to the south appears to be fairly middle classed.

Move Options:
    North: East Side District
    East: East Town Gate
    South: Southside District
    West: Town Center

Business Options to Enter:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    East Market Tavern
    Book Store
    Bakery
    Stables
    Barber Shop
    Ale and Wine Store
    Butcher
    Jewelry Store
    Multiple Clothing Stores
    General Store
    Bathhouse
    Leather Goods Store
    Shoe Store

Speaking Options:
    Random Townsfolk
    Random Cart Vendors
    Town Guards

10. - Top - End - #40

After talking to many people, Andan starts heading down East Merchant’s Road. Thinking to himself, "Wow, I've never gotten to talk to so many people in one day since I was a kid. I think I made the right choice in setting out on my own."

Finally coming to a stop in front of Alexa's, Andan takes a deep breath and heads on in to potentially start his first job.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 9:00 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    The store is fairly busy, with at least a dozen customers browsing through the shelves and racks. You spot two workers, a short elderly human woman behind the counter smiles and answers the questions of a dwarven woman who is looking a collection of strange pipes. The other worker, a thin, black hair beauty assists a half-orc couple that are going through a rack of clothes.

Room:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    The room large building is filled with racks and shelves of all sorts of wonders. There are racks filled with spices from common like pepper to ones you aren’t quite sure what they are or how to pronounce them. Clothing racks with clothes from all over the worlds, some common, some you aren’t even sure how you’d even get them on. Strange weapons and tools sit on other racks, jewelry of all matter of designs are in locked glass cabinets Racks are filled with many wonderful, wonderous items. The shop is a true treat for the senses.

Move Options:
    North: Backroom
    South: East Merchant’s Road

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Black haired woman
    Half-orc couple
    Dwarven woman
    Various other customers

12. - Top - End - #42

Andan slowly looks between the two employees and assumes the older is probably the proprietor of the shop and likely to have the answers he seeks. After enjoying another sly glance at the pretty employee, he makes his way over to the older lady who is helping the Dwarf. Miling around the area till she’s free Andan will then approach and ask about the potential job for clearing a homestead.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 9:05 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    Question after absurd question comes out of the dwarf’s mouth about the stones on the bracelet she was looking at until, after what seems like an eternity, a sack of coins is exchanged and the dwarf turns and happily leaves towards the door. Upon questioning the old lady about the job, you receive a big grin from her face.

“Ahh, you are willing to help? I’m trying to build a house on land outside of the official area we are allowed to, its free out there of course,” she says, assuming you know the area. “Its just that my builders keep getting attack by kobolds, and they are builders, not fighters.. and the town will do nothing about it because its on free land! Please, I’ll pay you good. My granddaughter keeps thinking she is going to go out there and do it.”

Room:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    The room large building is filled with racks and shelves of all sorts of wonders. There are racks filled with spices from common like pepper to ones you aren’t quite sure what they are or how to pronounce them. Clothing racks with clothes from all over the worlds, some common, some you aren’t even sure how you’d even get them on. Strange weapons and tools sit on other racks, jewelry of all matter of designs are in locked glass cabinets Racks are filled with many wonderful, wonderous items. The shop is a true treat for the senses.

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Black haired woman
    Half-orc couple
    Dwarven woman
    Various other customers

14. - Top - End - #44

"Sounds great! I'd love to help. Is there anyone else who is also looking to help?" Andan says to the older shop keep. After looking around and spotting the younger employe, Andan turns back and asks. "Why don't you let your granddaughter give me a hand? Do you think she's a capable fighter?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 9:05 am, 12th of the High Sun, 213 N.R.
    “I will slit your throat myself if you put my granddaughter in harms way!” The old woman hisses at you. She calms herself with a huff before continuing, “No one else has come to help. The builders say the kobolds took over their camp. Please, something must be done. I will pay very well.”

Room:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Black haired woman
    Half-orc couple
    Dwarven woman
    Various other customers

16. - Top - End - #46

Andan hurriedly replies “oh I’m sorry ma’m I didn’t mean anything by it.” Quickly changing the subject he continues, “I don’t know if I’m up for taking this challenge alone quiet yet. Let me find a few companions who might help me out and then we will be back for more information.”

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 9:10 am, 12th of Growth, 213 N.R.
    “Well, please hurry. I would like my home finished before I die,” she says with a huff.

A pair of young human males, in the their early twenties or late teens approaches the counter and get in line behind you. They are dressed in standard fare, brown tunics with trousers, short swords hanging from their hip.

Room:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Human Boys
    Black haired woman
    Half-orc couple
    Various other customers

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    I have decided that the world you are on is a flat plane. The sun and moon are actually one object that stays perpetually at zenith, but it fades throughout the day and night. Temperatures and climates tend to stay fairly similar year around, depending on where you are an how close to the center of the sun orb is. At night it fades out, then fades back in as a moon orb.

I’m also changing the name of the month, I don’t think either of these will affect game play much.

19. - Top - End - #49

Andan turns and sees the boys standing behind him. Noticing the swords, a grin begins to appear across his face. Before stepping away, Andan turns back to the old lady and says "If I were to find, say, 2 strong sword wielding lads to help," grandly gesturing to the 2 boys behind me, "what would the price of clearing that camp be?"

Show
    And yeah the change to everything won't affect anything on my end. Thanks for the heads up though.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

She looks to the boys, then back to you. The boys light up, one saying, “He is here for the job too.”

The woman says, “I can do you 10 gold a piece. I want proof, too, bring me their heads! Also, you can have anything you find on the kobolds, as long as it isn’t stolen from the builders or build site.”

The other boy pipes up behind you and says, “Sounds good to us, what’s your name mister?”

Room:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Human Boys
    Black haired woman
    Half-orc couple
    Various other customers

21. - Top - End - #51

Hesitating for a split second, remembering to use his new name, Andan stands a bit taller and says to the boy, "Nice to meet ya boys, I'm Andan. And your names are?"

After hearing their names, Andan turns back to the old woman and nods. "I believe 10 gold a piece sounds like you have quiet the problem up there. We'll take care of it for ya and have those builders back to work in no time. Do we need to stick around afterwards or you want us to take care of the problem and head straight back here to collect?"

Show
    Given the response from the boys calling him mister, Andan instantly will be acting the elder and leader of the group.

(1d20)[8] Rolling for an insight check onto the boys. Proficiency will need added as I don't have access to the character sheet while I'm here at work.

Spoiler: EDIT
    Show
    Insight is a +3 so a roll of 11. I forgot I took screen shots and emailed them to myself for this particular reason.
    Last edited by RolleyPolley; 2020-06-11 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Update the roll with Insight Value

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

“I am Jason Allier, this is my brother Douglas. Pleasure to meet ya mister,” the boy says before turning to the old woman. “We’ll get those kobolds for you, ma’am.”

She smiles at the young men. “I have no doubt you will,” she says. “I will notify the builders that you boys are heading out there. They can check on your progress. I’ll have them send someone back to confirm the kobolds are gone from the area. I guess you need to know how to get there. Head out the West Gate, over the bridge and onto the West Road. Once you reach the village Craigtowne, head directly northwest for about six and a half miles. You’ll see the build site. Its only a few miles into the jungle, and they have already cleared at least a quarter mile in all directions around the site.”

Room:
    Alexa’s Foreign Goods

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Jason and Douglas Allier
    Black haired woman
    Half-orc couple
    Various other customers

Spoiler: Insight
    Show

The boys seem fairly local and wet behind the ears.

23. - Top - End - #53

Nodding to the old woman, Andan says, "You can count of us!" Turning to the boys he says, "Jason. Douglas. Let's go get this adventure underway!"

Andan shakes the hands of both boys and begins to lead them out of the store. On his way out he keeps an eye out for the cute younger employee. If she glances this way he'll throw a charming wink her way with a genuine smile.

After stepping out of the door to Alexa’s Foreign Goods, Andan turns to Jason and Douglas and energetically exclaims, "You guys showed up at the perfect time! I'm all set and ready to go if you guys are? Let's get going right away and we can plan on the way!"

Move Options:

Speaking Options:
    Old lady behind counter
    Jason and Douglas Allier

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 9:15 am, 12th of Growth, 213 N.R.
    Alexa bids you well as you head out the store. You catch the young woman looking at your group leaving, but she quickly looks away at your glance.

Once back in the streets, the boys assure you that they are ready for the task at hand.

Room:
    East Merchant’s Road
    The street is lined with various shops of all types. Most buildings are two or three stories in height. The shops on the bottom, living quarters on top. There are several cart vendors that sale various common goods such as fruits and vegetables from local farms. Several side streets run north and south. The houses in the district to the north are much larger than that to the south. The district to the south appears to be fairly middle classed.

Move Options:

Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    East Market Tavern
    Book Store
    Bakery
    Stables
    Barber Shop
    Ale and Wine Store
    Butcher
    Jewelry Store
    Multiple Clothing Stores
    General Store
    Bathhouse
    Leather Goods Store
    Shoe Store

Speaking Options:
    Random Townsfolk
    Random Cart Vendors
    Town Guards
    Jason and Douglas

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

You can travel to any room that has been an option so far without having to specifically go through each room if you’d like. If a random encounter happens, I’ll stop it when needed, if that makes sense.

25. - Top - End - #55

After a quick thought, Andan asks the boys, "Do any of you have healing items? If not we might want to pick up one or two before we leave, given we can afford it."

Show
    Would I remember seeing any healing potions at the Magic shop? If so we'll head there, if I also remember that I can afford them.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    Yes that makes sense, Thanks.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 9:15 am, 12th of Growth, 213 N.R.
    They look at each other bewildered, then Douglas speaks up, “Mister, it would take me a year to make enough for a healing potion.”

Room:
    East Merchant’s Road

Move Options:

Alexa’s Foreign Goods
    East Market Tavern
    Book Store
    Bakery
    Stables
    Barber Shop
    Ale and Wine Store
    Butcher
    Jewelry Store
    Multiple Clothing Stores
    General Store
    Bathhouse
    Leather Goods Store
    Shoe Store

Speaking Options:
    Random Townsfolk
    Random Cart Vendors
    Town Guards
    Jason and Douglas

Show
    The shop definitely has potions. A healing potion is 50 gp per the DMs guide iirc.

27. - Top - End - #57

Remembering he's no longer a noble, and money is not readily available, Andan chuckles to pass off his slight embarrassment. "I seem to have forgotten that little bit of information. Let's head out then, shall we?"

Show
    From here we will make our way to the site as directed by the old woman. Feel free to stop me where you see fit, but Andan will be trying to gain information on their abilities and combat experience in order to come up with some sort of plan.

Show
    Sorry for the delay, I had a few days off work and must have missed the email for the update to the forum.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 11:30 am, 12th of Growth, 213 N.R.
    You lead the two young men back through the center of town and down the West Merchant’s Road. This area of town is not quite as nice as the east side. The gate is open with a few guards watching the comings and goings, and you note a sign that says gate opens and closes at 8 am and 8 pm, respectively. The road to the west leads right to a wooden bridge over a river about a quarter mile wide. Once over the bridge, the path splits. A sign with three arrows points in the direction you need to go. Northwest for Craigtowne, southwest for Talon Pass and east to Scourge’s Landing. You follow the path to Craigtowne, passing through nothing but farmland as far as you can see. The occasional farm dots the landscape as you travel to the six and half miles it takes to get to the village. During your trip you learn the young men are fairly inexperienced, neither having been in any kind of real battle. The villagers watch the three of you, as they likely know the names of everyone in this village, as you head through the village. You get about halfway through town before a middle aged human, dressed in a finely tailored black and white suit, approaches you. He has the silver gauntlet of Scourge’s Landing on his chest, and a badge of office indicating he is the village’s peace officer.

“Howdy boys,” he says. “I’m Craig Kurgler, what brings ya to my town?” His tone doesn’t seem concerned, but more curious.

Room:
    Craigtowne
    The small village has little more than a tall fence surrounding it. A collection of homes and a handful of small business encompasses an area of less than a half dozen acres. Only a few hundred people could live in such a small area.

Move Options:
    North: North Farmer’s Path
    South: West Road

Speaking Options:
    Random townsfolk
    Douglas and Jason
    Craig

Buildings:
    Random Homes
    Farmer’s Market
    Town Hall
    Barber Shop
    Buckle Shop
    Jewelry Store
    Clothing Store
    General Store
    Shoe Store
    Lumber and Wood Shop

29. - Top - End - #59

Andan steps to the lead and gives a nod of the head to Craig. "Hello, sir, I am Andan and these are my companions, Jason and Douglas. We are just making our way through this fine town for a job. There is a building site Northwest of here that needs a few Kobolds cleared out."

As Andan speaks about the job and the Kobolds and the direction they are heading, he keeps a keen eye on not only Craig, but also on the lingering townsfolk.

Speaking Options:
    Craig

Show
    (1d20)[4] Not sure what you'd like me to roll so here's a d20. Add what ever mods you see fit. I'm trying to gleam any expressions of fear, or unconcern, or looks of "the last group didn't make it"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Date: 11:30 am, 12th of Growth, 213 N.R.
    Craig smiles, “Oh yes, Alexa’s build. Those builders have been having quite the problem. I warned her it would be hard to build so far out without hiring more loggers to clear more of the jungle. It gets pretty dense. She’s hard headed, wanted to build where she didn’t have to pay for the land, just the workers. Two of the builders were killed. Those alive passed through here back to Scourge’s Landing just two days ago. Ya’ll be safe out there.”

You detect nothing nefarious about Craig nor does he seem to be hiding anything. The townsfolk watch carefully as they go about their daily business.

Room:
    Craigtowne
    The small village has little more than a tall fence surrounding it. A collection of homes and a handful of small business encompasses an area of less than a half dozen acres. Only a few hundred people could live in such a small area.

Move Options:
    North: North Farmer’s Path
    South: West Road

Speaking Options:
    Random townsfolk
    Douglas and Jason
    Craig

Buildings:
    Random Homes
    Farmer’s Market
    Town Hall
    Barber Shop