New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Dave View Post
    Zep will move back out the way they came quietly, hoping to insure a clear path to the main hallway for the others, sword at the ready. He will check to see that the way is clear, then wave bile through to the locked doors near the large set.
    As this is as good a plan as any, this is what the main group (sans Ved) does.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will stow a sword and ready an arrow as he follows the others out.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus prepares for any resistance they may encounter behind the locked door.

4. - Top - End - #424

Alright, Bile it is up to you to get that lock, then.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bile will stow away his weapons again before listening carefully at the door. He'll then try to silently open the lock, hoping that they don't face another massive amount of guards behind this door.

Spoiler
    Show
    disable device - (1d20+8)[12]

6. - Top - End - #426

Bile fails to unlock the door.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bile sighs silently and tries again hoping that no one stands ready to ambush them again on the other side.

Spoiler
    Show
    "disable device" - (1d20+8)[19]

8. - Top - End - #428

It takes Bile three full rounds, but he finally pops the lock. Now what?

Ved comes down about this time, his clothes covered in blood. He is visibly shaken, and his longsword still drips with blood.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-07-13 at 01:01 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus will lead the way into the new room. Wary of ambush.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved shrugs his shoulders in the vague direction of the remainder of the group. Flicking a piece of the boy's skin from the blade before wiping the blood off on his pant leg, he flourishes the blade silently beaconing the rest of the group to follow Amadeus' lead and sheathing it. Rearming himself with his bow Ved takes up a position on the West side of the hall just within longbow range the double doors at the end of the hall and across the hall from the door to the kitchen/barracks.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zep will follow into the next room, keeping an eye out for supplies.
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

12. - Top - End - #432

If Zep was going to keep an eye out for supplies, he just lost both of his eyes.

You boys hit the armory!

Zepsus can see just fine, and some light spills in from the great hall, but as those lights are lit high, not too much.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Keeping quiet, he will give a positive sign to those behind him, and move quickly to start looking for anything that stands out. If there are no objecrions, he will take his time to thoroughly search the room, and will gladly accept help from anyone else who wants to do the same. Some bags to store items would likely be among priority items to hold on to as his hands are full.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will help search the room; keeping a eye out for a falcata and/or buckler.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will also join looking for better weapons or armour.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

16. - Top - End - #436

Seeing the others entering the room, and not hearing any sounds of combat, Ved follows suit. Ved will cast light on the arrow in his hand, holding his bow in his right hand with his index finger holding the still nocked arrow on the rest. He will search through the room looking for the branding iron.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

17. - Top - End - #437

Now that we have a little light on the situation, and since you are taking your time ...

Inside are six spare sets of gear for guards: chain shirt, heavy steel shield, long sword and longbow. There is also a rack holding a dozen more leather-wrapped clubs. Further, there is also a stock pile of 240 arrows in twelve quivers. These items (save for the arrows and the clubs) bear the mark of Talingarde somewhere on them.

There is also an assortment of weaponry that the guards have confiscated over the years. These weapons are jumbled together and obviously little cared for. They are also unmarked and thus resalable.

That assortment includes: a shiv made from a women’s metal comb (treat as a dagger), a heavy mace, spear, quarterstaff, battle axe, rapier, great sword, trident and glaive.

What do you do?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Grinning at the brightened room, Amadeus checks out the arms and armor available. He quickly dismisses the guards branded weaponry and looks to the confiscated bin. His grin widens to a smile as he picks up the heavy mace in his hand and feels the weight of it. Amadeus decides to cast aside the sword for the mace. After all, the mace is the favored weapon of his lord.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Seeing nothing better than what he is already armed with, Donovan will watch the door whilst the others gear up.

"Hurry up! We've already been in one place for far too long."

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

20. - Top - End - #440

Ved's hand reaches out for the mace but he notices Amadeus doing the same and quietly defers. Ved will then swap out his guard marked longsword for the rapier, top off his quiver and ditch the padded club for a second quiver. He will also ask the group to, "please, keep an eye out for the branding iron. I know you all think its dumb and I'm wasting ourtime, but humor me."
    Last edited by Ahus; 2020-07-18 at 08:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas eyes the rapier Ved selected with avarice but takes the great sword instead, dropping the long sword. He will gather arrows and stuff his quiver full. He will sling the bow Across his back so he can grip the great sword with both hands.
    “Ready.”

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Cast detect magic and look around quickly for any trace of magic.

23. - Top - End - #443

Zepsus realizes that there are no magical treasures to be found hiding in this room.

Bile, do you do anything here?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Given time, I could do well with these heavier weapons, but we don't have that. Seeing that the rapier is taken, I'll just grab another dagger. If any of you could carry the glaive until we get out of here that would be helpful, but I understand if you're all encumbered." He moves to take the dagger then hands the dog treats and the glaive to Kel. With a dagger at each hip and the bow at his back he's ready to move out.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-07-18 at 04:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445

Ved holds the rapier out saying "I'll not be any better with this than anything else, I just didnt want to leave anything potentially valuable behind."

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by oyzar View Post
    He [Bile] moves to take the dagger then hands the dog treats and the glaive to Kel.
    She, in turn, doesn't really say or do anything but receives both. Then she drops both on the ground, staring at Bile, just as ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahus View Post
    Ved holds the rapier out saying "I'll not be any better with this than anything else, I just didnt want to leave anything potentially valuable behind."
    Bile, do you take the rapier? Ved, do you take another weapon(s)?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bile takes the rapier and smiles. "Thanks, this will prove useful." He gets rid off the new dagger and seven arrows. "I'm right at the edge of what I can carry. I do think the dog treats could prove useful if we could soak them in poison or sedative to give to the dogs, but it'll limit my ability to move around if I carry them as well. Similar for the glaive. Give me an hour with it and I could do far more deadly damage, but we don't have the time for that now. If someone got spare carrying capacity I would be quite grateful though." He looks around at the others to see if anyone is willing to help him.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Crosses to Bile... "I'll carry whatever you want as long as it means we can move on sooner and get out of this place... You can demonstrate how grateful you are then."
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2020-07-19 at 07:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Thanks." Bile says as he hands the glaive and the treats over to Donovan. "Now we can move on."

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan returns to the door and glances quickly back at the group...

"Are we done? Can we move on? Every second we spend here adds to the likelihood of reinforcements or a plan being constructionised to reimprison us."