New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Seeing Falco... Er... Amadeus ready his shield, Donovan will follow suit and get his shield and sword in place.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

R2T23: “You got ‘sumptin you can use to save your ass, Blackerly, it’s now or never!” says Leonidas wickedly as he picks up his trident and saunters up to the group.

R2T19: Amadeus coordinates with Kel to end Blackerly should he be in the midst of trapping them somehow. Drawing his shield to protect himself, Amadeus says, "Choose what may be your last words carefully Blackerly."

R2T18: Seeing Falco... Er... Amadeus ready his shield, Donovan will follow suit and get his shield and sword in place.

R2T17:
    Zepsus, what do you do?

Kel on deck, Bile in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus will, after having knocked Blackerley to the ground, look at him in disgust. The tiefling looks down at the man with a look of disgust.
    "If it were up to me, I would give you no quarter, old man; but, I think it is only fair that the one here who has the most anger towards you should decide your fate, and that is the big man there. You can answer to him," Zep growls, as he readies his sword again, aiming to continue his unbalancing attacks with the intention of sending Blackerley at Grumble's feet, should the old man try to get away.
    Then he speaks, "Grumblejack, kill this man now, otherwise, we need to keep moving."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard: Hold trip attack until Blackerley stands.
    (1d20+11)[19]

Spoiler: Attack of OP roll
    Show
    If Blackerley does stand up, before the trip attempt, any AoO triggered by him standing (including flanking bonus)
    (1d20+7)[10]
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

4. - Top - End - #514

R2T17: Zepsus will, after having knocked Blackerley to the ground, look at him in disgust. "If it were up to me, I would give you no quarter, old man; but, I think it is only fair that the one here who has the most anger towards you should decide your fate, and that is the big man there. You can answer to him," Zep growls, as he readies his sword again, aiming to continue his unbalancing attacks with the intention of sending Blackerley at Grumble's feet, should the old man try to get away.

Then he speaks, "Grumblejack, kill this man now. Otherwise, we need to keep moving."

R2T12: Kel was simply going to attack him with Amadeus' setup, but with Zepsus' words, she simply readies to hit him.

R2T11: Bile, what do you do? Do you wait for the sergeant to answer Leonidas? Do you wait for Grumblejack to make his decision based on Zepsus having left it to him? Do you withdraw your sword or leave it pinning the sergeant to the ground?

Grumblejack on deck, Blackerley in the hole, Kel readied with a hand strike....
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Don't kill him now! We still have over a dozen guards to deal with. If this corrupt jailer can help us get past them, I say it's well worth to let him live a bit longer. But you got to speak sense or your life will be short." Bile keeps his rapier steady in place to pin the man while talking, looking first to Zepsus then to Grumblejack, holding off his free hand to ward them off before finally back at Blackerly to hopefully make him talk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate Blackerly, though it'll likely be counted as an aid to Leonidas.

6. - Top - End - #516

R2T11: "Don't kill him now! We still have over a dozen guards to deal with. If this corrupt jailer can help us get past them, I say it's well worth to let him live a bit longer. But you got to speak sense or your life will be short." Bile keeps his rapier steady in place to pin the man while talking, looking first to Zepsus then to Grumblejack, holding off his free hand to ward them off before finally back at Blackerley to hopefully make him talk.

R2T6: Grumblejack smiles at Bile - even more wicked-looking now that he appears less of a dumb brute, and more a diabolic one. "Sergeant Blackerley, it has come to our attention from the papers in your office that you desire gold above all. Allow me to help you, sir. Let me tend to your body, for you are too clever a potential servant to slaughter needlessly."

With this, Grumblejack goes to put his finger on Sergeant Blackerley's forehead. You have each seen him do this before for each you. He claims he can only heal once a day to each person, but it seems that he might not be limited to how many people that may include. For his part, though bestial, his words are soothing and Blackerley does indeed calm down, closing his eyes as Grumblejack's forefinger is placed atop his head. The sergeant does not fight the magic, but allows it. Having touched his crown, Grumblejack removes his digit from the sergeant. Blackerley's wounds have not healed. A second passes when he opens his eyes to realize nothing----but then, something. Tomas has a strange look on his face, and begins to seize, desperately trying to pull the sword away. But it is over in a second when he is paralyzed with a rictus of terror.

No, paralyzed is the wrong word. Petrified? But even that would describe the scene incorrectly, for Blackerley hasn't turned to stone. He has turned to solid gold.

Combat Ends ...

Grumblejack says, "Place the papers with the evidence about him. By the time he returns to flesh, he will be doomed." He looks to Bile, whose rapier is now good and truly stuck, and shrugs. "You can get another, I'm sure."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Damn, I was hoping he had a secret passage or password or something. Now we lost the rapier and his chainmail and whatever else he had one him too... Hopefully we can find something in this room to help revive Ved. No one have any healing potions right? I have one use of channeling yet, but it doesn't heal much. I guess I'll use it if we don't find anything." Bile starts looking around the room for anything that might be off use.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

The flow of blood from Ved's wound stems and begins to clot. However, his breathing is labored, and he is unresponsive aside from occasionally coughing up some blood.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus looks on at the Midas scene with moderate entertainment.
    "Well, Grumble, you certainly brought the fear of The Dark Prince to this hypocrite."
    The look in Zepsus'es eyes focuses on Grumble's, almost as if he was analyzing the giant's soul, rather than trying to get his attention. Something about Zepsus changes for a moment, as he slips into a deep thought, but soon, he takes a more relaxed posture, and move to start searching the office for any healing supplies, using his magical detection magic as he had previously.

10. - Top - End - #520

"I serve Mammon," says Grumblejack squarely to Zepsus, as much as a challenge as a matter of fact.

While Zepsus begins to search (and magically scan) what turns out to be a very large room taking up the whole western end of Branderscar, what do the rest of you do?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will join in the search... He seems to be looking for something...

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

"Hahaha. Very well done Grumblejack." Amadeus says with applause as Blackerly lies as a golden statue. Amadeus moves to search for the incriminating documents Ved found as he says, "I understand selling the lie to get at Blackerly friend, but I hope in the future you can have me in your confidence. I do so detest being lied too."

Once the documents are found off of Ved, Amadeus will place them about Blackerly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lostsole: Roll me a knowledge on Mammon.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will help in search for anything useful like a secret escape route, trashing the office.

14. - Top - End - #524

"Ha!" Grumblejack snorts. "Thank you, but you have no dog in that race, servant of the 'Prince of Lies.'"

For the searchers, underneath Blackerly's bed is an iron strong box. The only magical aura is coming from Blackerley (all of him).
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When he sees it, Zep will attempt to move the box to where bial can pick the lock easily.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"The only magic is from Blackerley himself. It's unlikely we'll find any healing here, but we should at least try this box. Though Blackerley probably has the key, but I doubt we can retrieve it from him in that state. Right Grumblejack?" Bile studies the box intently, trying to figure out if there's any traps awaiting him before he starts trying to pick the lock.

Spoiler
    Show

"disable device to open lock" - (1d20+8)[9]
    "disable device to open lock" - (1d20+8)[26]
    "disable device to open lock" - (1d20+8)[21]
    "disable device to open lock" - (1d20+8)[15]
    "disable device to open lock" - (1d20+8)[16]

17. - Top - End - #527

For the life of him, Bile can't get the lockbox open.

Does the party want to clear out and carry the lockbox? or, are you committed to wasting time here on it?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“That be Blackerly’s ill gotten loot! If we get outa here alive, we be neddin’ it. I will tote it, if’n no one else wanna. It be keepin’ the arrows off my hide if we run the yard. How much it weigh?”
    Leo will try to lift it.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Grab the box, and let's move. Grumble, can you take the old man's corpse? It isnt beneath me to think we might get a lucky chance to revive him, but if you don't carry him, I'd have to drop my shield... and I prefer the shield."
    He then asks for whoever has the magical cloth to get it ready for our escape, the window being the most useful for infiltrating the outer walls. Zepsus will then make himself more useful by taking point, and going to make sure that no one has entered the hall behind them. If the way is clear, he will signal everyone to follow, and then head back to the kitchen.
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2020-08-28 at 03:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530

Grumblejack picks up Ved and slings him over his shoulder, making sure to collect any dropped belongings as well. Meanwhile, Leonidas grabs the lockbox.

Ved look askance at Zepsus. "How about the big double doors, and then save the window for an 'outer' wall?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas slings his bow across his back. He looks at his trident and then at Grumblejack.
    “ Can ya pack this wee toothpick along with that bag o’ bones, mate?”.
    If Grumble refuses, he will try to balance it across his arms as he carries the lockbox.

22. - Top - End - #532

Grumblejack says, "I'll carry the lockbox. You carry your weapon."

Does Leonidas hand him the lockbox?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

​“That be fine, Grumble. Thank ye.”

24. - Top - End - #534

Now does the party follow Zepsus to the kitchen, or does someone have an alternate plan?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will follow Zepsus... This time...

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“What be next course of action then, eh? A mad dash around the prison, like panicked chickens while the guards plink us wit’ arrows? Sounds grand! I did notice the chimney in the kitchen was quite large...large enough for a desperate man (or woman) to shimmy up. Could get us on the roof. Could give us a chance to clear the wall or at least distract the guards while the chickens run. Mayhap we can bridge the wee gap to the wall wit’ some table boards and not have to run at all. I be willing to give ‘er a go if it looks like it may be climbable.”

Leonidas will follow Zep to the kitchen to check out the chimney.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan nods his agreement to the idea of the chimney.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved bleeds on Grumblejack, and groans incoherently.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

Sighing at the chaotic nature of their group, Amadeus asks, "So I am disguised, I could attempt to try and trick the patrol as a distraction or something. We aren't using the window yet so calm down with that. So current plan is to attempt to climb up a chimney to... sneak past the guards? Take them out quietly? I have many doubts. I believe we are all in an accord to attempt to leave this building and make for the Warden's tower? If so it is only a matter of how we attempt that."

30. - Top - End - #540

Grumblejack .... carrying Ved .... looks doubtful at the chimney. It is obvious it won't work for him.
    Show