New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Donovan looks at Grumblejack, then at the chimney, back to Grumblejack... Back to the chimney... Aaaaaannnnd to Grumblejack again... the chimney once more before faceplaming...

"You fools... Any simpleton can see that there is no way Grumblejack will fit up that chimney carrying all those things."

He shakes his head...

Clearly he'll have to put soemthing down..."
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

”Aye. Our large friend and the wounded will not be able to make the climb. Me thought was that if we could shoot the guards or better yet bridge the gap so the we could take them out while the rest of the party ran to the tower it may help. But until someone goes up the chute, we won’t know what’s what.”

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Well, it won't be me. My climbing skills are not suited to small spaces..."

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #544
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"The tower should be around the back, right? This side door is the closest way to reach the entrance to the tower. We can storm the tower, and attempt to get back indoors before anyone is killed by the archers. I can attempt to shield whoever is most wounded. The body of our ally will be an easy target for archery practice, surely killing Ved, so I think it would be best if someone brings him to the tower first, before the guards catch on. That puts grumble as first in line, and Bile should go with him in case the door is locked. Take the window as well, in case things get ugly, you'll be able to get inside. Then I will exit with whoever is in the most danger of falling if struck by an arrow," Zepsus clearly looks between Donovan, Leo, and Amadeus.
    "I have little worry about Kel's ability, so she should take the rear. Ill attempt to stay outside as long as I can to shield the remainers from arrow fire u til everyone is in. Kel, you'll go in, and then me, unless I have suffered greivous wounds. Once we are inside the tower, we ransack the place for supplies, and attempt to run the top of the wall to the front where we will have to find a way to the bridge, and run across to the mainland. No horse stable is in the prison, so I think we will be able to outrun our captors as long as we can hide somewhere until nightfall. If we get sepperated, the closest town is miles from here, head north."
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

When Zepsus looks at Donovan, Donovan casually glances over his shoulder, then looks back at him and shrugs. He then nods his agreement.

"Sound plan, Sepsis. Better than the chimney, anyway."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will examine the chimney, looking up the shaft to determine the feasibility of a climb.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

"If I might make a slight alteration to the plan of running out in a mad dash?" Amadeus says to the group, "I have already took the time to disguise myself as a guard, I might as well attempt to deceive the watchers on the wall first before we run about like headless chickens yes? If they see through it there will be plenty of time to run to the tower then."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Colossus in the Playground

Leonidas looks up a dark chimney.

Does anyone respond to Amadeus?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus nods in approval.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will cast a spell by making an arcane gesture and speaking in a loud and forceful manner. An intricate tattoo of a stylized turtle glows blue on his left arm as four small glowing balls of light form and zip up the chimney, illuminating it as they go.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan asks Amadeus, "How exactly?"

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

"It will work like this," Amadeus explains, "I play a wounded guardsman lucky to have not been brutally slaughtered and warn them that the prisoners are about to assault the gatehouse and they should go reinforce while I keep watch. If they both leave then we are golden and can sneak over to the warden's tower. If not and one or more stay behind we can rush through as originally planned. Sound simple enough?"

13. - Top - End - #553

The dancing lights go up, the lights themselves obscuring other sources of light that might have been seen but were difficult, until the lights no longer have that high-reverb from a wall and Leonidas thinks he pushed them beyond the limits of the chimney, but it seems to be some type of obscurement or baffling up top .... enough for smoke to get out, but covered to keep bats and the like from coming in.

Kel looks to Amadeus. "What's the chance they already know what you look like? I mean, let's face it, not many prisoners here honestly, at least compared to the guards. That makes us kinda like bad-guy celebrities, don't you think? I think your idea is good to cover ground, but not good enough to hold up against close scrutiny if you get too close."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan looks at Kel... "Maybe I should do it... I'm actually badly wounded and could... Wait though... Who could not know this face? Never mind..."

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas speaks to Asmodeus. “The guards all be knowin’ each other’s faces and you not be knowin’ their passwords and such.”
    He then addresses to the group. “The chimney is no good. Some kind of closure at the top.
    To himself he mumbles, “Could two carry a table to shield Bile if he has to pick the lock?” He lifts a table experimentally.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus will help test the table weight.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

Rolling his eyes at the groups dismissal of his plan, Amadeus says, "I don't plan on getting within spitting distance of those guards if I can help it. Clothes make the man, and confidence is king. If you are that worried about them recognizing my face I just need to cover it a bit." With that Amadeus will take some of the fresh blood Ved is leaking and smear in on his face.

"In any case, this is just in case we can make it to the Warden's tower and not be peppered with arrows on the way there. Someone take my mace with them. It will give me away when I go out." Amadeus says and passes off his mace to anyone willing before continuing, "Prepare yourselves to run on my signal if this fails, but we need to get moving."

18. - Top - End - #558

These are old-fashioned, large, solid wood tables that you are going to be far more trouble than they're worth to carry.

Kel shrugs once Amadeus daubs his face in blood, and is willing to hold his mace.

So, someone do a thing instead of discussing a thing, because this is taking far longer than is likely profitable.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Go misdirect the guards. Blackerley likely wasn't alone for no reason, if we do not move, the guards will know where we are," Zepsus agrees with Amadaeus.
    He will wait for a signal that it is time to emerge, and run for the tower.
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2020-09-09 at 02:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will ready his sword and shield and wait on the signal.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

Seeing that at least some of the others are ready, Amadeus will leave the building trough the kitchen, feigning injury and look about while leaning against the wall by the doorway.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved seems to have stopped bleeding and though still unconscious seems to be resting quietly slung over Grumblejacks shoulder.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas readies himself to run; bow slung and trident in hand.

24. - Top - End - #564

Amadeus, you step outside onto a gravel-walkway. To the northeast is a small vegetable garden, with a larger shrub south of that. You don't see any guards around. What do you do?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus

Amadeus calls back into the room with a harsh whisper, ”No sign of the guards yet. Let’s go!

Amadeus then moves south off the gravel path to check around the corner of the building.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus will exit the kitchen first, and crouch low, holding his shield at the ready in an attempt to help block any arrow fire that might target anyone leaving the doorway. He Will wait until everyone is out before guarding the back of the line.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan, holds his shield up as well and crouches heading out.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas moves out as the opening presents himself, moving quietly as he can but quickly.

29. - Top - End - #569

Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    Amadeus then moves south off the gravel path to check around the corner of the building.
    He will have to leave the gravel path (which ends at the kitchen door and continue to move along the eastern edge of the building to get to look around the southern edge of the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM_Dave View Post
    Zepsus will exit the kitchen first, and crouch low, holding his shield at the ready in an attempt to help block any arrow fire that might target anyone leaving the doorway. He will wait until everyone is out before guarding the back of the line.
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckGodot View Post
    Donovan, holds his shield up as well and crouches heading out.
    Lacking any guidance he just follows south behind Amadeus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    Leonidas moves out as the opening presents himself, moving quietly as he can but quickly.
    And plays follow the leader.

Grumblejack comes out, carrying Ved. When he sees the shrub south of the garden, he snorts a chuckle. "That shrub there is belladonna. It is what Blackerly tried to poison me with. It isn't my thing, but you could make a good weakening poison with that .... or cure lycanthropy."

At the mention of poison, Kel perks up as she follows out. She makes a beeline right for the belladonna plant. The shrub has obviously been pruned back recently. "If you give me half a minute," she says, "I'd like to harvest what I can. Belladonna runs 100 crowns a dose, but I would rather distill it into poison than sell it."

It will take her 3 full rounds to get as many leaves as are viable.

Bile, what do you do?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #570

Bile doesn't do anything other than watch Kel cultivate the plant over 30 seconds.

Amadeus? Anyone? What now?
    Show