New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Bile flexes his hands in triumph. "It's only a matter of time before we're all free. Please stay in place and don't draw attention to ourselves before we're all free." He whispers before continuing to carefully work on his fetters.

Once he's finally free, he moves stealthily over to Amadeus to work on his manacles and fetters. "Figure out what the other patches are. I think that's a holy symbol, which could be very useful and I definitely want a weapon, but I can't hold that while working to unlock chains." Bile says to Amadeus as he hands over the veil before moving over to the next person.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Amadeus, you now have the veil.

Meanwhile, there is the giant-creature in the next room looking in, longingly. He speaks in a deep, but soft voice to be stealthy. "Name Grumblejack. You let out?"
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ved's heart skips as Bile's manacles fall free. That component pouch. I'll need that, and the symbol of Asmodeus, I might need to borrow that.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"If there's indeed a component pouch in there, hopefully we'll be able to pick out what each of us need. I only need a bit of devil blood in addition to the symbol." Bile whispers as he moves on to the next person next to Amadeus, Donovan and starts to free him. At the comment from the prisoner next door, he holds a thumbs up out, hoping that the creature will understand what he means.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Continue to take 10 on disable device and move stealthily

5. - Top - End - #35

So, while Bile does this .... slowly, stealthily, steadily freeing everyone .... what does everyone else do?
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will start to collect a dagger from the veil.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus will pass the whole Veil over to Donovan since he knows how to use it. ”I will be fine without for a little bit. First dibs on one of the guard’s weapons and a shield if we can nab one.” Amadeus will whisper to Donovan when he hands over the veil.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2020-05-16 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Improper formatting

8. - Top - End - #38

Question Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Grumblejack, will you be able to keep silent if we let you out. Ved says, pressing his finger to his lips.

We could use all the muscle we can get, but we can not afford to allow to alarm to be raised.

When he is freed Ved will take the Component pouch.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

After extracting the dagger Donovan will pass the veil to Ved.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

10. - Top - End - #40

Donovan now has the dagger.

Ved finds that it is not a spell component pouch, but a sack with spell component pouches for everyone who needs one. There are also common clothes for everyone.

Who carries the sack? Do you wear your prison garb or switch out to common clothes?

Assume everyone else is free by now. Any (quiet) requests?

Grumblejack, who has actually been the quietest person hear by far this whole time, simply nods at Ved.

EDIT: When Bile frees the woman, she quietly says, "Thanks. You gotta teach me this picking skill. Name's Kelly Sally Kothenbader. But you can call me Kel."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-05-16 at 08:19 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will search the bag for useful items. He will quickly strip and don common garb if he finds stuff his size, keeping up “normal” conversation.
    “...so me and my mates were minding our own business, just relieving some bloated merchants of extra cargo that they clearly did’na need, and this great hulk of a Royal Navy Galleon swoops up on us like a bat outa hell. Their big guns took out the mast and they were on us slicker’n spit! Must have had a rat on board that done sold us out to have snuck up on us so spritely. When I find out who it was Ima goin to Keelhaul the bastard!”

12. - Top - End - #42

Ved does not waste time with the clothes, the rags provided by the prison were ever similar to the 'clothes' to which he'd become accustomed over the last few years. However, he does paw through them looking for some footwear.

Ved, then points to the door and to Grumblejack.Bile, him too.

Kel, let's take a quiet look to see what the guard situation is... This should just be Intelligence gathering and we'll be back in a moment. Right Kel?
    However, if you see us charge in come help us kill them before they can raise the alarm.

Ved, then moves slowly through the door and down the hall.

13. - Top - End - #43

Kel points to the locked prison cell door.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus quietly takes what he needs from the bag; some butter. He leaves the weapons for the others, and puts on one of the sets of clothes. He will then take a full defensive stance by the door, and hold to intercept any guards who might run into the room should his allies get chased.
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2020-05-16 at 09:13 PM.
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

15. - Top - End - #45

Kel sees that the blowhard is going to take a brave stance. Not one to be entirely outdone, but not foolish to "stand and deliver," either. She hops up onto the bars themselves near the gate, shimmies up, and then suspends herself using a combination of bracing and isometrics to drop down on a guard if someone comes. It's not likely that a guard will be looking up if one comes.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus takes some clothing for himself as well casting a glance and a wink at Kel before turning around and changing. "I hope one of you magic types knows how to remove bloodstains. I doubt these clothes will stay clean long." Amadeus whispers, "Bile grab the last dagger if you want it then get started on that door. The plan as I see it is we move hard and fast to overwhelm the guards. If the area right outside our cell is clear we unlock the big guy," at this Amadeus nods to Grumblejack, "Charge the guards hoping to overwhelm them before they raise too much of a fuss, and get some proper weapons and armor before we clear a path out. Agreed?"

Regardless of whether or not the others agree with his plan, Amadeus prepares himself for combat. His arrogant noble attitude and posture takes a dark aggressive turn as his eyes promise death and suffering.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Will adopt Black Seraph's Glare stance in preparation of escaping the cell.

17. - Top - End - #47

"That's why I didn't bother changing," grunts Kel from her position before cooing, "besides, I'm shy."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"You're welcome and I will teach you. I'm sure we all have a lot to learn from each other." He replies to Kel

At Ved's urging he responds. "Just a moment. Opening the door could alert the guards. I want to be ready to fight if that happens." He moves silently over to grab a dagger and the holy symbol before he changes clothes into one of the outfits and ties of a component pouch at his belt, putting his dagger sheated on the other side. Once that's done he moves stealthily to the door to try to unlock it. He prays briefly to Asmodeus before he does so. "Prince of darkness, please guide me so I can get this done."

Spoiler: "actions
    Show
    Cast guidance
    "open door with guidance" - (1d20+11)[14]

19. - Top - End - #49

Bile does all of these things, he says a simple prayer to Asmodeus. Of course, a prayer and a spell are not the same thing. He says a prayer to focus him psychologically .... but intoning a spell is in a clear, strong voice. Everybody looks at Bile, mortified, as there is no way the guards did not hear that! It is probably because all of that happened and now everyone is staring at Bile that his attempt to unlock the cell fails.

"What the hell is going on? What is all that racket I'm--" and that is when the guard with a club who comes into view sees a bunch of unshackled prisoners, many of whom are wearing outside clothes! "Oh, sweet Mitra," he gasps in horror.
    Show
    We are now at a "time stop." Please do not post until prompted. Nothing preparatory, not interrupts, nothing.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

If you are a player in my Way of the Wicked campaign, get out. This is my crib notes for battles and conditions.

Round One ...

R1T22: That damn cocky fool wasn't competent enough to trust his lockpicking, he had to cast a damn spell. To make matters, he failed, and the jail cell remains locked. Leonidas, you know this is going to go south quickly. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-05-17 at 01:37 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Hurry you fool!” hisses Leonidas even though the time for stealth has passed. He moves to the bars at the corner of the front cell wall (between 18a and18b). Making an arcane gesture, he speaks some guttural gibberish before extending his hand through the bars and firing a bolt of bluish energy at the guard.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

cast ray of frost
    to hit - (1d20+3)[17]
    to dam - (1d3)[3]
    return his hand to his side. Will use dodging panache if attacked.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2020-05-17 at 11:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

R1T22: “Hurry, you fool!” hisses Leonidas even though the time for stealth has passed. He moves to the bars at the corner of the front cell wall (between 18a and18b). Making an arcane gesture, he speaks some guttural gibberish before extending his hand through the bars and firing a bolt of bluish energy at the guard, hitting him in the chest for 3 cold.

R1T21: Ved, you easily recognize the tattooed man cast ray of frost. There was a certain ease about it that makes you think that, despite taking a spell component pouch, he is more of a spontaneous caster like yourself (well, mostly yourself). Meanwhile, remember these are 10' squares. What do you do?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

"Get that Door quickly, I wont last long without some help." Ved says calmly before taking off in a dead run toward the corner of the cage. As he reaches the corner he disappears and reappears 10 feet directly ahead on the other side of the cage.
    With a similar gesture and sound to that made by Loenidas moments earlier, a greenish yellow bolt is launched at the guard.
    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

Using 1 point of Arcane Pool to use Dimensional Slide as part of my Move Action phasing from inside of the cage to outside.
    Cast Acid Splash
    Ranger touch (1d20+3)[11]
    Acid Damage (1d3)[2]
    Last edited by Ahus; 2020-05-17 at 02:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

R1T21: "Get that door, quickly. I wont last long without some help," Ved says calmly before taking off in a dead run toward the corner of the cage. As he reaches the corner he disappears and reappears 10 feet directly ahead on the other side of the cage. With a not-too dissimilar gesture and sound to that made by Loenidas moments earlier, a greenish-yellow bolt is launched at the guard, hitting him in the groin for 2 acid!

R1T20: The guard collects himself and shouts behind him, "Goubert, blow the horn!"

He looks at Ved, brandishing his club and shouts, "Lay down, convict!" While he does seem trained at "command voice," enough nervousness is in him from having seen Ved dissaparate from the cell to the hallway to sabotage his attempt to demoralize him.

R1T18: Donovan, you feel hatred welling up within you. A hatred that makes you want to get closer and reach out with your malice to strike him down. What do you do, or do you give into this unfamiliar, but inviting, instinct?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-05-17 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Damage was wrong
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will give in to this instinct and cross to the man reaching out towards him with all his anger and hatred.

26. - Top - End - #56

R1T18: Donovan will give in to this instinct and cross to the man reaching out towards him with all his anger and hatred. He steps forward, besides Leonidas and lets loose with a gout of hellfire ... hellfire that doesn't quite reach the man, stopping short right in front of him. Still, the warmth in Donovan's belly and out through the rest of his body is an amazing feeling. He now realizes he can shoot fire when he projects his wrath!

R1T17: A very loud signal trumpet is heard to the south. It resounds throughout the level, reververating on the stones.

R1T16: Amadeus, what do you do?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus growls out at Bile after hearing the sounds of the horn, ”Get that door open now!”

He then prepares himself for when the door opens.

Show
    Delay Action.

28. - Top - End - #58

R1T16: Amadeus growls out at Bile after hearing the sounds of the horn, ”Get that door open now!” He then prepares himself for when the door opens.

R1T14: Kel delays from her position ...

R1T12: Bile, this group of villains lives or dies by your mechanical skill and finesse. No pressure. None .... whatsoever. What do you do?

Amadeus/ Kel delaying ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Damn, people in here pray for salvation all the time. Why would the guard think this time was any different. Sweat starts popping out on Bile's brow as he knows he has screwed up the situation. There's only one way forward now. He takes a deep breath and tries to shut out the fighting going on as he focuses on the lock instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    "disable device to unlock" - (1d20+10)[21]

30. - Top - End - #60

R1T12: Damn, people in here pray for salvation all the time. Why would the guard think this time was any different. Sweat starts popping out on Bile's brow as he knows he has screwed up the situation. There's only one way forward now. He takes a deep breath and tries to shut out the fighting going on as he focuses on the lock instead. He is having some difficulty at first, but then he realizes much to his surprise - this f***ing lock is ancient! So much for Branderscar Prison's terrifying reputation as the lock clicks and the cell door is now slightly ajar. Bile stands there, amazed at his own success.

R1T10: Zepsus, what do you do? Even "muscling" open the cell door on the move counts as an MA (move action).

Leonidas on deck, Ved in the hole, Amadeus/ Kel delaying ...
    Show