New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

R11T9.5: Bile steps next to the bow from the fallen guard, intending to pick it up soon. But before doing so, he got something else to accomplish. He grabs a tiny vial of swirling dark red matter from his new pouch and drips a drop right into the wound on his chest. While doing so he motions with his hand in arcane gestures and chants:

"H̡͔̠̯̗̠̭a̢̹͍̗̤e̩ͅc̛̬̙ ̱̘̮̣͍p̴ḙ͝r͙ s̠̼̯̟̮a҉̘͉̳̟̙̼̯n̩͎̕g̬u̹i̵̻̦͉̻ͅn̠̜̪̭̗̩͎e͓͘m̺ ̩̮̟̗͖͜e̦f͇̞̝f̱̲̞͝u҉̹̻͈̗̙d̵͕̙̤̥̼͙͍e̙̟̘̪͜r̺̙̪̪̗͟ i̮̭t ͚̙͉͚̱̬ ̯̥͔̟͞v̷̭o̹̥̰̟̹̠c͙͎̬̭o̵̭̫͚̪ ҉͕͈͇s̮̲̱͇͓͝u͝p͕̜͎̮e͞r̜͔͎͡ t͏͎͓̗̱è̖̦̳̳̝ ͙͖̮ͅs̰͇̞̰͔͚̩͟e͍̮͙̲r̞̖̟͕͎v͠u̙͚͈̣ṣ̯̦͍̜͍ ̡tu̶̙u̺̭͔̜s̞̦̞:̙̙͘ ͏̳̫P̦̮̟͈̝̰͉e͖̲͓̳r͏c͕͖̜̺̻e̦̜͞p̵̥̼i̖̻̜̥t̢̹̥͓ ̵̰̦̘̪̗A̗͖͚ͅs̙̜͔̭ḿ̩̠o̼ͅḑ͕̥͚̱̲̗̫e̦͢uş̖̫̤̹̼.̻͢ ̭͙̩̙ ͈P҉̼̼͓̞͔̱r̮͎̰̤͎͝i̝͚̭̱͖͇̟͜n̤̺̞͈̭̤ce̦p̥͚͔̥̱̮̮s͖͠ ̺̲̖͎ ̬ ̨͉̞d́a ̪͔͙̮̙͇͈m͞i͡h̬̗͕͔̩͖̳i̳̺͔͉ ́p̭̩̱o̬̣t̴̬̗̟e̠͍̣ͅsţa̖͕͉͚̝̳t̴e͖̟̹͈͉̳͞m͈̫̪͟,͓͝ ̻̤̗̠̤ͅq̡̬͎ua̼͙ r͇͈̩e̛̩̬̼̘̺̘̩cu͉pe̱͉̪̱r̲͉ͅar̵̟̯̲e̞̰̠̺͜t͈̗̯̮̣̥̕ ̖̗͎̙̮a̱̦͔̮b͏̺̤̜͇͔̞̻ ͜i҉͔̮͙̣m҉̲į͖͇s̡͎̲̥̖̰̻̥ ̩͕̗̘̝̩̟͡uͅs̲̣̣̳̱̲q̸̘͖̝͖ͅͅu̠̥e̻̼̤̭͠ ̭̥̹͉̩ͅa̙͈̯̩͙̞͜d̼̪̣̘̞ ͔̝͓͙̙̜s͔̯͍u̢̮̦͍m͢m͉͍̝͎̗̝ͅa̤̻͎̺͍͠,̗͚͟ ̛̗̙̳͇͓̱̺a̠͘ ̩͙͉̗̰̭g̪͚̺̥̠̱͡r̰̺̘̙͕a̕v̲͉̪̦̦i̝̦̯̻͚b͏̮͈u̱̝s̩̰ ̤̬͈͔̳d̮͇a̵͚mn͓̤̦͚̖̱̱͘u͓͎̘ṃ ͖͓͟d̢͉̩̗e͚ ̛̰̻̺̭̦̺͈t̠͙͔̣͟ͅu̷͖̙̤̣a͍͓ ̸̥̬̟̱̮v̲̜̞͓̺ì̤̱ŕ̺͔̞̱̹̳ͅt̺͖̳͓̫̞͢u̵͈̰̘t̡̺͕͙̥̬̘ ̳e̷̙ ̥̩̺̬ ̫͔̮̮̺v̥̠̝͕͍̼ͅi̙͘o̺ͅl̻a̻̘̲̼̱͖̥n̲̭̰̝̟t̥̭̖͞.͎̲͈̤̩ ̲̱"

His wounds begin to knit slowly (FH1).

Grumblejack delays ...

End Round 11, Begin Round 12 ...

R12T22:
    Leonidas, what do you do?

Kel on deck, Ved in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas will secure a sheath for the long sword and look for a bow and arrows next.

3. - Top - End - #153

R12T22: Leonidas takes a sheath and carrier off a guard, and secures it to his own belt.

R12T21.5: Kel seems curious about something, then looks back down at the guard. "His heart still beats," she says dispassionately, almost amused. She performs a coup de grace by crushing his skull in with the heel of her foot.

Combat Ends .....
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus, seeing Kel finish off the last guard smiles and says, "My dear you are quite the heartstopping beauty aren't you? Unfortunately we have no time at the moment for pleasantries." Amadeus turns to the room at large and continues, "The cat seems to be quite well and truly out of the bag. As much as I would like to stay and loot all of the life saving armor here, I fear we have not the time to do so. The guards will organize quickly and I would dearly prefer them unprepared. So once again I advise for haste and decisiveness grab what you can use and let's be off. We shall form a merry band of misfits, and if any of you have interest in meeting our benefactor, you can follow me once we escape this wretched place. Ah, but before I forget, a little trick I learned that should help with morale in the next battle."

After giving his speech, Amadeus focuses on the group sans Grumblejack attempting to form bonds with each of them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Blerg. Long speech, but action is going to be Starting the Collective! Member invites sent to Kel, Donovan, Leonidas, Bile, Ved and Zepsus.

5. - Top - End - #155

Every single mind well and truly rebuffs Amadeus' attempt, as not one of them is assumed to be willing without him explaining what he is trying to do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, come on ....a bunch of guarded edgelords in a prison break ..... and you think they are auto-willing without a little bit more warning?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

”Haaaah, fine. Amadeus says as his invitations are denied, “This ability is a passive mental connection that allows me to share my endless drive and passion with you lot. It does no harm to you, but if any of you die whilst connected I must suffer the backlash. So please try not to do that.”

Amadeus will wait for them to accept or ask their inane questions before resending the invites. Wondering all the while how quickly the guards will be back upon them.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2020-05-27 at 10:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Grumblejack says, "Okay."

Kel thinks briefly and then says, "Sure."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Quickly, someone pass me a blade." Ved says, holding out his hand whilst moving to straddle one of the dead guards. Bending down over the corpse, he barks another order at Kel and Leonidas, "Check the others for keys or money."
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Bond away, priest," Zepsus says, almost thoughtlessly, as he continues watching the door.
    "Take their items, and let's move."
    If there is a dead guard nearby that is not being looted, Zepsus will run his pockets, and then also start stripping the chain armor off of him.
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2020-05-28 at 12:11 AM.
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

After finishing his chanting Bile smiles and looks over to Amadeus "Sure, we need to do anything we can to help each other get out of here alive."

Bile will bend down to retrieve a bow and arrows from the guard he's standing over, sheathe his dagger and put away the bow. Then he'll quickly scan through the pockets for anything worthwhile. "We're not going to get a surprise escape now regardless. It'll take a couple minutes to get these armors, but they'll offer protection that could prove life-saving against a bunch of prepared defenders. It'll take half the time to get off the armors if we work together. Can you help me?" He looks over to Kel while starting to strip the armor.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I'll accept... If you think you can handle my towering intellect mingling with yours... Will anyone give me a sword?" he says while grabbing armor to don and checking pockets.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Aye, I will accept your damned offer if’n it helps get us out of here.” Leonidas says to Amadeus. He located a quiver of arrows and a bow.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bile looks over to Leonidas who hasn't done anything to help with the armors yet. "Will you also help remove the armors Leonidas? It'll go faster if we all help free then."

14. - Top - End - #164

"I suppose that we will have to trust in each other to survive this escape. So, I too shall allow your bonding. " Ved says, while grabbing the dead guard's bow and quiver. He then, seeing as no one is offering him a knife, takes an arrow out of the quiver and, using the broadhead as a stylus, begins to carve a makeshift Asmodeus unholy symbol into the corps' cheek. Looking up from his work, Ved simply states, "This would be a lot easier with a knife..."
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will cross and loan him his dagger. "I want it back. And be quick about it."

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus will attempt to create the collective again bonding all save Grumblejack. ”Sorry big guy ran out of room. It only really gives an advantage in landing blows and you seem content to stay at the back of a fight anyway.” Amadeus explains to Grumblejack.

Seeing that the others are struggling with the armors, Amadeus will also assist. He will keep his sword in arms length at all times.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Once he has acquired bow and arrows he will assist the others.
    He will sneer at Bile, “Sorry Buck. Pull’n dead fellas out of their bloody armor is not tops o’ my list of important things to do today! Sure it helps us stay alive but YUK.”

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Listen. I'm clearly going to be the most effective here with a sword. How many of you took down more than one of these buffoons. Someone needs to give me a sword."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leonidas takes off the sword and scabbard and tosses it to Donovan.
    “Stop your bitchin’, you can use this one. I will shoot them buggers from behind the line.”
    He will collect enough arrows to fill a quiver and grab a club or dagger as a back up weapon.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

It's about time someone recognises my value here. Now, what's the plan?" he says as he straps on the sword and dons armour. "Oh and you there... You can keep that dagger now if you want." gesturing to Ved.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"You all have value," Zepsus says plainly, while he works.
    It doesn't seem like the tiefling holds any hard feelings towards any of them, he simply has a job to do, and the look in his eye tells the others that to him, they are mere tools to achieving a goal.
    "As long as we move as one unit, and focus on swarming one guard at a time, we will be able to kill quickly, and effectively. I will take point in most engagements. Donovan, you are with me. The others form the rear, as we have seen who can handle the pain of a sword across the skin. The only question is, how far is Grumblejack willing to follow us? He deserves a chance to escape with us, and we may need him just as much."

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Ahus View Post
    "Quickly, someone pass me a blade." Ved says, holding out his hand whilst moving to straddle one of the dead guards. Bending down over the corpse, he barks another order at Kel and Leonidas, "Check the others for keys or money."
    So far, nobody is handing Ved a blade. Kel is instantly intimidated into following the old man's orders. In time, she will report that none of them that they all have keys (as others will find as well), but none have money.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM_Dave View Post
    If there is a dead guard nearby that is not being looted, Zepsus will run his pockets, and then also start stripping the chain armor off of him.
    As with Kel (above), the key is on a lanyard around the dead guard's neck. There are no pockets to rummage through ... not just now, but likely ever. However much the simplicity of them melts your brain in this society not yet having them. Zepsus takes a minute pulling the shirt off of the dead man. It seems his corpse doesn't wish to comply so easily. He now has a chain shirt in hands. The enhancement on his sword will fizzle.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyzar View Post
    Bile will bend down to retrieve a bow and arrows from the guard he's standing over, sheathe his dagger and put away the bow. Then he'll quickly scan through the pockets for anything worthwhile.
    He now has a longbow and a quiver of 18 arrows (sheet updated).

See comment above regarding this ridiculous notion of "pockets," but he does find a key on a lanyard.

That makes three keys on lanyards (total) that you all find. They are simple keys, and don't look heavy-duty enough for manacle locks or cell doors. Likely they belong to something more personal like a chest.

Kel has no intention of helping people put on armor. She thinks it is silly (which likely covers the fact that she doesn't know how to help a person put on armor properly).
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckGodot View Post
    "I'll accept... If you think you can handle my towering intellect mingling with yours... Will anyone give me a sword?" he says while grabbing armor to don and checking pockets.
    It takes Donovan a minute to take a chain shirt off of an unfriendly corpse. There are no pockets, nobody knows what they are (including each and every one of your PCs, nor shall you "invent" them), and all of the dead guards have been gone through already. The key was taken off previously by Kel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    “Aye, I will accept your damned offer if’n it helps get us out of here.” Leonidas says to Amadeus. He located a quiver of arrows and a bow.
    Leonidas now has a longbow and a quiver of 17 arrows (sheet updated).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahus View Post
    "I suppose that we will have to trust in each other to survive this escape. So, I too shall allow your bonding. " Ved says, while grabbing the dead guard's bow and quiver. He then, seeing as no one is offering him a knife, takes an arrow out of the quiver and, using the broadhead as a stylus, begins to carve a makeshift Asmodeus unholy symbol into the corps' cheek. Looking up from his work, Ved simply states, "This would be a lot easier with a knife..."
    Donovan will cross and loan him his dagger. "I want it back. And be quick about it."
    Ved now has the dagger (sheets updated).
    Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    Amadeus will attempt to create the collective again bonding all save Grumblejack. ”Sorry big guy ran out of room. It only really gives an advantage in landing blows and you seem content to stay at the back of a fight anyway.” Amadeus explains to Grumblejack.

Seeing that the others are struggling with the armors, Amadeus will also assist. He will keep his sword in arms length at all times.
    A collective is now formed! But Grumblejack seems crestfallen that he wasn't chosen for the dodgeball team.

Amadeus goes to assist, and is sure to take a sword scabbard so as not to have to juggle. It only takes Zepsus five rounds to put on his armor with Amadeus' help. (Sheet updated.)
    Once he has acquired bow and arrows he will assist the others.
    He will sneer at Bile, “Sorry Buck. Pull’n dead fellas out of their bloody armor is not tops o’ my list of important things to do today! Sure it helps us stay alive but YUK.”
    He assists Donovan in putting on a chain shirt (sheet updated). Interestingly, it provides no more protection than the spell Leonidas placed on him, and now that is an overlapping resource that is wasted (unless, of course, you fight a ghost or something).
    "Listen. I'm clearly going to be the most effective here with a sword. How many of you took down more than one of these buffoons. Someone needs to give me a sword."
    Leonidas takes off the sword and scabbard and tosses it to Donovan.
    “Stop your bitchin’, you can use this one. I will shoot them buggers from behind the line.”
    He will collect enough arrows to fill a quiver and grab a club or dagger as a back up weapon.
    He will get a padded club and another three arrows. The two daggers from the veil are already pieced out.
    It's about time someone recognises my value here. Now, what's the plan?" he says as he straps on the sword and dons armour. "Oh and you there... You can keep that dagger now if you want." gesturing to Ved.

Okay, here is what remains ....
    1 padded club
    1 longbow and a quiver of 14 arrows (Leonidas had topped off his own quiver).
    1 chain shirt
    2 1 heavy steel shields

Do you outfit yourselves with any of those things, or leave them?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-05-29 at 07:35 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Donovan will keep the shirt, even though the spell covers the same, the shirt will not expire in the midst of battle (in his intelligent estimation). He will also pick up a shield and equip it.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2020-05-29 at 03:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Once he's done removing the armor from the guard Bile will don it as well. "Will you please help me with the armor Grumblejack?"

25. - Top - End - #175

Grumblejack holds up his big hamhooks with claws on the end, and shrugs.

It will take a minute, but Bile will get the chain shirt on himself.

In the meantime, Ved returns the silver holy symbol to Bile.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zepsus will move back to the door, and open it. He will take a look from the doorway into the next room, specifically trying to spot any storage chests.

27. - Top - End - #177

It's really just a large room with two major features .... a large set of stairs going down (seen ahead and to his right, i.e. SW), and a door to his left.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Ved hangs the bloody symbol on a makeshift lanyard, fashioned from freyed strings on his prison tunic, around his neck saying, "well, here is hoping that our patron appreciates the irony of the flash of one of his enemies followers being used to channel his power on this plane." Then, nocking an arrow and holding the bow by the string, Ved gives the silver symbol back to Bile.

Ved moves into the next room moving east along the north wall with his bow trained on the east wall door, pausing at least 20' from the door.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2020-05-29 at 10:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

But before Ved takes up a rear-archer position .... his trophy, or what's left of it.

Ved ... without any skill or understanding of anatomy, taxidermy, or any other skill, attempted - through pure nerve - to create a cheek-symbol. It was already an iffy glob of flesh with a child-like scrawling of the five-pointed star, poorly held in shape due to the mixture of cheek-based adipose tissue and muscle coming through. Then when Ved poked a hole right through around which to thread a lanyard taken from his prison outfit, that is when he ruined what remained.

Ved has neither the skill, the right tools, nor the proper understanding of his "artistic medium" to make his desired product. Worse, everyone else had gotten armor on and readied themselves and were still waiting for him. The entire rushed procedure took five minutes.

Bile has the only proper holy symbol at this time.

So, do you just do the next part willy-nilly, or does the group attempt any planning?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Amadeus grimaces as the last armor was taken, but shrugs it off and says, “I will take the next armor I guess. We should get moving. I don’t know the layout so we are going to need to scout as we go. Those with armor go first, we have spent enough time here for this lifetime.”

Amadeus will also move to the door, waiting for those with armor to lead the way.