New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Lets play Civ 6 (Expansions included)

Join me, join in a joyous attempt for dominance against our machine overlords. We will be playing Civilization 6, we WILL build a civilization to stand the test of time.

You may consider yourselves my advisors. You give me advice about predicaments, and if I like the advice, I'll listen. If I don't. Well we have ways to deal with treacherous advisors. The way is doing what I want.
    We will be playing the Inca on a map that favors them. (New world so higher mountains, and with many fertile resources.)

Why? Cause I'll be doing this on the highest difficulty I've done so far, King (Yes, yes not particularly impressive. )

Without further ado, advisors. Let us begin.

Spoiler: Chapter 1 The verge of history
    Show

[Our tale begins in the misty yesteryear of 4000 BC. Before, there was only hunting and gathering, but on the banks of river, underneath the towering mountains did one people find home.

[I've never understood how we know from turn 1 you are on two separate continents. Can an advisor teach me?]
    [Oh, getting inspired for a tech or civic, means you get about a third of the cost, for free.]

C'mon, lets move these wagons. We want to get them set up by sunset, Old Darian says he has something to show us. Says he's made plants burst forth from Mother Earth by burying parts of them in the ground.
    [Here we see the Inca's first leader, Camilla Skychaser. Stronger, smarter, better then the average human in every way. Blessed by the divine, it is said she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. For her burden is to lead.]
    [We move, cause we started on a hill, but I want that hill for a terrace farm later. In addition we move closer to our Citrus luxury, and make it possible to get the mercury luxury in our capital.]

[And so was the Incan capital, The Orange Mountains settled. Some Scholars still say to this day, that there was debate about naming the Capital Orange you glad we didn't banana. Of course most serious scholars believe it's just a kids tale.
    C'mon Darian! It'll be hilarious they'll think we only have oranges, and then we'll surprise them with bananas! Darian.... Darian..... Fine we'll go with your stupid name.

An oral tale believed to derived from before 3000 BC.
    And thus did old king coal smite the land below, to be as pitch black as the endless night sky. Mother Earth punished for her crimes. To weep red as each day dies.

Even before writing we knew we were not alone in the world. The citizens of Buenos Aries were proof of that, it is said that at proof they were not alone the first warriors of the Inca knelt and wept.
    Greetings, as first among equals of the Incans, I am pleased to meet the people of Buenos Aries. May your unique light never leave the world.
    [Unique light is right, Buenos Aires ability lets us if we're their suzerain treat our bonus resources as luxuries. For instance, our stone. And our bananas.]

So..... this flat place in the ground shoots out white steam, as opposed to the mountain that shoots out black steam.... So clearly they are equal and opposite powers in our world.
    Thus it was spoken, thus it was canon.

This land shall be known as the Three pillars of the sky. Was Camilla reported to say to a warrior's spoken word of the land to the then far south of our capital.

[To understand more of the world, First among equals Camilla commissioned a scouting band to explore the land and discover more fundamental opposites. The fact that it's upper ranks were filled with men that argued frequently with the First and sent to dangerous lands is surely a coincidence.]
    "I apologized for our capitals name a dozen times over the years!"
    Darian, Orange you glad I didn't go bananas........ You still have to go.

I've always wanted to ride those large four legged mammals that we would see on the plains from high up on the mountain.
    [And thus in 2600 BC, did the Incas learn how to domesticate certain species.]

The capital was ablaze with the recent news from Buneos Aries, the mountains near them had recently seen an increase in black smoke. They merely prayed it was a false omen.

[We learned we also settled in range of another lux.]

"No, no. Darian! Stay with me. Stay with me, Darian! We'll get you a poultice, and we'll just... just staunch the bleeding..... No... No.. Darian! Don't!"
    The Incan's first experience with battle loss. Before animals would get the occasional hunter. But the first to fall to a man, was lil Old Darian.

No longer was she first of equals. Now she was Chieftain Cammy the wise.
    [I go with Discipline so that we have an easier time with barbarians, in addition God-Queen will allow us to get some faith and hopefully that'll mean a free settler or builder down the road.

And now even our own war bands report the mountains of black smoke. But even if this is an omen, if we work together we will overcome and fly high in the sky.

And lo did they meet the people of Auck. Who were blessed by the sea.

We shall settle that narrow pass to the south east. I have heard how our people crave the shimmering white material and the white powder.
    [Do....do you want to call it something else..... no...... okay.....]

It is a pleasure to meet you. I lead the Incans, and one day we shall touch the sky.

[I don't know what triggers this, it seems like only sometimes they will offer to show you their capital, we accept, cause I wanna see where they are in the world.]

That was a lovely tour of your capital, Jayavarman. I hope to be able to visit again soon.
    [Ehhh. That's a little closer then I'd like we'll have to rush to ahead them off.]

Although she spoke words of peace, Chieftain Cammy understood that she must claim the land to the southeast if there was any hope of peace, she thus offered lucrative deals for any willing to settle so far from the capital.

[Let's get Pottery, and then irrigation so we can get us some citrus.]

Your gift is more then appreciated, we shall send one of our own.
    [Delegations cost 25 gold, and make the AI friendlier, and give you more info about them and their agendas. Agendas are what they like and such.]

[An end to suffering is often a problem, I don't tend to build holy sites.... War may be the only option.]

So... photobuckets watermarking it, and chopping off the last half of the picture. And afair imgur doesn't work on giantitp. Advisors.... Advise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Lets play Civ 6 (Expansions included)

Weirdly I use discord as my hosting site. Just copy the image address after bringing it to full sized mode and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Join me, join in a joyous attempt for dominance against our machine overlords. We will be playing Civilization 6, we WILL build a civilization to stand the test of time.
    Gladly. I've been feeling somewhat nostalgic towards Civ lately.

[I've never understood how we know from turn 1 you are on two separate continents. Can an advisor teach me?]
    Continents are generated on map creation. Not all of them are separated by oceans (Think Europe and Asia). You just got lucky and happened to spawn where two of them meet. One of the map views shows them, if you click on that lense on the left.

[Oh, getting inspired for a tech or civic, means you get about a third of the cost, for free.]
    40%, unless they changed it again in one of the patches after I last played

[Unique light is right, Buenos Aires ability lets us if we're their suzerain treat our bonus resources as luxuries. For instance, our stone. And our bananas.]
    Buenos Aires is decently powerful. Protect them!

[I don't know what triggers this, it seems like only sometimes they will offer to show you their capital, we accept, cause I wanna see where they are in the world.]
    Distance. If the scouts meet close to their borders, then you visit their capital. If the meeting happens closer to yours, they visit yours. And if it's in the middle you exchange visits.

So... photobuckets watermarking it, and chopping off the last half of the picture. And afair imgur doesn't work on giantitp. Advisors.... Advise!
    You can just use Steam. Right click on the screenshots you took through the Steam client - manage - select all and upload. You should be able to use the link for the image tags.

And I suggest rushing the Khmer with Archers sooner rather than later. No one can call you a warmonger if you've killed him before you've met anyone else.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler: Replies
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Weirdly I use discord as my hosting site. Just copy the image address after bringing it to full sized mode and it works fine.
    Thank you for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Gladly. I've been feeling somewhat nostalgic towards Civ lately.

Continents are generated on map creation. Not all of them are separated by oceans (Think Europe and Asia). You just got lucky and happened to spawn where two of them meet. One of the map views shows them, if you click on that lense on the left.

40%, unless they changed it again in one of the patches after I last played

Buenos Aires is decently powerful. Protect them!

Distance. If the scouts meet close to their borders, then you visit their capital. If the meeting happens closer to yours, they visit yours. And if it's in the middle you exchange visits.

You can just use Steam. Right click on the screenshots you took through the Steam client - manage - select all and upload. You should be able to use the link for the image tags.

And I suggest rushing the Khmer with Archers sooner rather than later. No one can call you a warmonger if you've killed him before you've met anyone else.
    I understand, but how can my people see the difference, tectonic plates? How can they see them? It's breaks my willing suspension of disbelief.

40% you're right. I knew it was less then half but couldn't remember the exact number.

Buneos Aires will be our bff!

I never knew that, but that explains alot. Now if only we could exchange embassies like 5.

And thank you for the image help.

Spoiler: Chapter 2, The eternal vigil.
    Show

~And lo did the black smoke burst from the mountain, and rivers of red fire streamed down. The beasts trembled in fear of this wrath of Mother Earth's heart.
    A oral tale of the Inca. 3160 BC

"Men, keep firing. These savages will never see the beauty of the Orange Mountains."
    Battle leader, William of the Inca to his slingers.

And thus did 3080 BC did the Incan's develop the means to store their food.
    [A excerpt from pocket guide to Incan history]

C'mon guys, lets figure out how to harvest these orange fruits. I'm sure the people will be very happy with it.
    [It is debated who started the cultivation of orange trees. Some believe it was the first Chieftain of the Incans. Other's believe it was the descendants of Darian. The world may never know.]

And lo, though they didn't know it at the time, did the Incans discover a new continent.

Citizens! Please return to your huts! There's nothing to see here!
    "Justice for Darian, We know what you did!"
    Return to your huts!

Maybe we should get a governor? That might calm down the people.

[And lo did the slinger's defeat the savages, lead to the development of the first bow, years later.]

"Sir William nearly lead us to our deaths. He persued the savages to their camp, where they were waiting in ambush. I held Old Johnny, I... tried to get him out of there, but there were too many..... I can still hear his pleas to not leave him.... but I don't have a choice."

A warstriken man out on the plains near The Orange Mountain

[In 2880 BC, did a band of settlers go from The Orange Mountain into the wider world, hoping to find a new home.]
    Go, ye heroes. Go and claim the mountains for the Incan people.

[They would head to settle the defensive camp named the Narrow Pass, known for being the guardians of the Incan Valley from the outside world.]

Lo, did the mountain shoot out Mother Earth's red hair. Hope was that it was a good omen for The Narrow Pass.
    ~Commentary of The Orange Mountain.

[So this tells me, that if Khmer wants to settle in my direction, they either have to go Southwest around the mountain (maybe if they even can), or they have a one tile pass that they can reach the North-Northwest. So what do we do?]

"On orders from Chieftain Camilla of the Incan Empire, WE SHALL NOT MOVE! Tho a thousand years pass, WE SHALL NOT MOVE!"
    The prayers of 101 squad.

[I really need to connect Oranges to my empire.]

Finally! Now someone go and start work on those trees. Someone! Someone! [Yeah we need a builder first.]

[I start with bronze working, tho I could be persuaded otherwise, advisors.]

"Can..... Can we get past?"
    "No!"

The historical reenactment of 101 squad's heroic stance.

[Course a human player would tell me to move my warrior or they will declare war and move it for me. Via murder.]

[We met someone else, now if we murder the Khmer people will know!]
    Greetings sir Teddy from the Incan people.

And thus in the year 2520 BC, did The Narrow Pass settlement come to fruition.

[Ooo. Early empire allows a civic, that makes settlers half as expensive production wise.]

Sure, they will be more then welcome.

[See, that's not how you get our warrior to move.]

[Yes, we shall hold this line, till our dying day!]

The Orange Mountains, the best city on Mother's Orange earth. Please ignore the angry mobs.

And lo did The Narrow Pass continue it's eternal vigil.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I understand, but how can my people see the difference, tectonic plates? How can they see them? It's breaks my willing suspension of disbelief.
    The ancient Greeks decided that Europe, Asia and Africa are different continents a few thousand years before tectonic plates were discovered. The game could use more natural borders between continents, but otherwise I don't really see a problem.

I never knew that, but that explains alot. Now if only we could exchange embassies like 5.
    Yes, sadly Civ 5 was a better game than 6 in most regards.

And thank you for the image help.
    At your service. :)

[I start with bronze working, tho I could be persuaded otherwise, advisors.]
    I would recommend Archery next. An overwhelming amount of archers is how you easily win wars in this game, along with a single horseman to pillage and take cities. Swordsmen are unnecessary. Besides, you haven't improved a single tile yet, revealing Iron won't do much for you.

[Course a human player would tell me to move my warrior or they will declare war and move it for me. Via murder.]
    Actually, this is a terrific chokepoint. I'm not sure that slinger could kill your warrior even if he wanted to. You should scout a path around those mountains if you decide to attack them or the war will take a couple millennia.

[We met someone else, now if we murder the Khmer people will know!]
    Unfortunate. Teddy is a bad neighbour, he'll probably attack you later on if you don't attack him first. I guess you'll need to liberate a few cities later on to offset your warmonger penalty.

[Ooo. Early empire allows a civic, that makes settlers half as expensive production wise.]
    Those tech and civic boosts are really, really good. They almost double your research speed, and you need that against the AI bonuses. You should look into the boosts for the next techs and civics and plan your moves around trying to fulfill them so you can avoid researching unboosted techs as much as you can.

The Orange Mountains, the best city on Mother's Orange earth. Please ignore the angry mobs.[/QUOTE]
    Angry mobs? Oh, please, those are mildly irritated mobs at best. And you need a worker there, those resources are crying to be improved. Can't you hear them?

And lo did The Narrow Pass continue it's eternal vigil.
    Granaries aren't very useful early on. Not until you actually need the housing. A worker would do more for the city's yields.

For broader strategy, after establishing myself with a couple cities and some basic infrastructure, I tend to build workers and settlers only with the relevant civics active. I usually stockpile an absurd amount of workers by the midgame, when I've unlocked the better civics that give extra builds. The Pyramids tend to be a pretty big priority too, but I don't see you having a spot for it. Though you do have a perfect spot for the Great Zimbambe right there in your capital. And settlers are better bought rather than built without the production bonus.

Building a caravan so you can have roads between your cities would be nice too, especially in that map.

6. - Top - End - #6

Show

The ancient Greeks decided that Europe, Asia and Africa are different continents a few thousand years before tectonic plates were discovered. The game could use more natural borders between continents, but otherwise I don't really see a problem.

Yes, sadly Civ 5 was a better game than 6 in most regards.

At your service. :)

I would recommend Archery next. An overwhelming amount of archers is how you easily win wars in this game, along with a single horseman to pillage and take cities. Swordsmen are unnecessary. Besides, you haven't improved a single tile yet, revealing Iron won't do much for you.

Actually, this is a terrific chokepoint. I'm not sure that slinger could kill your warrior even if he wanted to. You should scout a path around those mountains if you decide to attack them or the war will take a couple millennia.

Unfortunate. Teddy is a bad neighbour, he'll probably attack you later on if you don't attack him first. I guess you'll need to liberate a few cities later on to offset your warmonger penalty.

Those tech and civic boosts are really, really good. They almost double your research speed, and you need that against the AI bonuses. You should look into the boosts for the next techs and civics and plan your moves around trying to fulfill them so you can avoid researching unboosted techs as much as you can.

The Orange Mountains, the best city on Mother's Orange earth. Please ignore the angry mobs.
    Angry mobs? Oh, please, those are mildly irritated mobs at best. And you need a worker there, those resources are crying to be improved. Can't you hear them?

Granaries aren't very useful early on. Not until you actually need the housing. A worker would do more for the city's yields.

For broader strategy, after establishing myself with a couple cities and some basic infrastructure, I tend to build workers and settlers only with the relevant civics active. I usually stockpile an absurd amount of workers by the midgame, when I've unlocked the better civics that give extra builds. The Pyramids tend to be a pretty big priority too, but I don't see you having a spot for it. Though you do have a perfect spot for the Great Zimbambe right there in your capital. And settlers are better bought rather than built without the production bonus.

Building a caravan so you can have roads between your cities would be nice too, especially in that map.[/QUOTE]

I do actually prefer some of the changes in Civ 6, I like being able to go wide, and I really like the spy changes. Hell I have a mod in 5 to add spy missions and such.

Buying settlers is expensive though.....

Spoiler: Chapter 3: The beginnings of border scuffles.
    Show

[And now the starting of a religion graces our lands. This is why I go God queen in the beginning. We go with fertility rites for the free builder. We don't need faith, since we won't be getting a religion. (At least not without alot of advisor pressure.)

Calm down, simmering mobs. Thanks to my genius, the Orange trees have born fruit.

Greetings Sir Kube, please ignore the mess in our capital we are merely cleaning up from the celebrations of the Orange.

[From the beginning it was send that the Americas and the Maori would be at eternal war. There wasn't enough room in the world for the both of them.]

An Incan explanation, 2360 BC

And now if we hammer build our builders, they can be cheaper!

The genius of our people has allowed us to turn this hill, into fertile farmland.
    [The terrace farm is the Incan unique improvement, it's a farm that can be built on hills, and adds +1 food for each adjacent mountain. In addition if its next to a river or aqueduct, it adds +1 production.]

[We start work on Early Empire, so that we may churn out our cities faster. I prefer to settle as early as possible.]

[Here we meet Mexico city, with quite a useful effect, it allows some of our buildings to affect further away, depending on how close all our cities are, that could be quite useful.]

[oooo. A tribal village gave us a governor promotion. Can you guess who we picked?

"Lady Amani, ready for your service, Chieftain Cammy.

Our forward settlers experience danger. So I pull them back so they don't die.

Thanks to our people's genius, our trade routes produce endless food!

[Incan domestic trade routes get +1 food for each mountain tile in the home city, which means Narrowpass starts off with +4, and will add more as it grows.]

I would rather claim land for my people.

[Then the Incans heard of the world's first post history flood, before such events were locked to geological distrubences ]

[Ah, yes in ten turns we'll enter a new era of humanity, the classical era of humanity. One problem I have with these is that at least in prince games I tend to far outclass the game era with my tech. If it was like it was in civ 5's world congress, and say me hitting modern, forced the era into industrial I'd feel alot better.]

What? What are you talking about?
    [We're not producing CO2, we literally can't produce CO2, what in the endless plains of the abyss is he talking about!]

[We get bronze working, but we don't have any iron.]

Yes, bow before Cheiftain Cammy!~

[We start on a system of writing to see if we can get some campus's in cities.

Incans have a weird relationship with campuses. Both Campuses, and terrace farms want alot of mountains nearby for the boost it provides. So if you get a good campus spot, it's also a really good terrace farm.]

[Oh hey, new guy!]
    Greetings from the land of the Incans.

[So Scotland, is blocked off from here by mountains and city states. Lands for Inca to take!]

[We pick up a second governor. Alternatively we could have leveled up Amani, but I just wanted to ally with Buneos Aires]

Incan people, under the theory of colonization, we will spread far and wide and claim the high lands of the world!

[Maui's settlement, yeah there's no way this will involve war on their part..... End sarcasm.]

[With Writing completed, we start work on Masonry, advisors feel free to correct me on this.]

Cool, can you trade me your map? No.... no... why not?
    [This is a benefit to playing with humans, you can trade more abstract stuff like this.]

The new city of Riverdam
    [Creative advisors, feel free to suggest a rename]

[We get era score for settling on flood plains]

[We set up a campus, cause I'm pretty sure they get more expensive in later turns]

[Yay!]

[We blow most of our treasury on a builder to connect the marble and salt luxuries to our empire.]

[Let's claim our land. Any city name suggestions?]

[We have hit the classical era of humanity.]
    [The classical era of humanity was marked by the Incans with sounds of scuffles in the chieftain hut.] Incan history 1600 BC

[Here we see the city of Orange Mountains, currently having an issue.]
    Who... who are you?

[The Narrow pass]

[Riverdam]

[Damn barbarians!]

[We are in a normal era this era with America and Scotland in golden ages.]

[Chieftain Camilla was found murdered at the dawn of teh classical era. Forklore tells us the last words she ever heard was. "Justice for Darian!"]
    [So what dedication do our advisors feel we should pick?]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

This is nice. Wish I'd actually played Civ 6 so I could contribute (just got around to playing 5 when lockdown started) but these lets plays are always fun to read for me :D

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    This is nice. Wish I'd actually played Civ 6 so I could contribute (just got around to playing 5 when lockdown started) but these lets plays are always fun to read for me :D
    You can always suggest city names.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Buying settlers is expensive though.....
    Well, that's what golden ages are for. Conveniently also giving you something to spend faith on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice work getting a pantheon. Just don't pick fertility rites! I swear, they only put it there to trap the people coming from Civ5.

[And now the starting of a religion graces our lands. This is why I go God queen in the beginning. We go with fertility rites for the free builder. We don't need faith, since we won't be getting a religion. (At least not without alot of advisor pressure.)
    Dammit... They bribe you with a worker because it's probably the worst one, and religions don't overwrite Pantheon beliefs anymore. I've found Divine Spark to be a nice useful one if there's nothing more obviously applicable to your surroundings. And the AI never seems to pick it.

[We start work on Early Empire, so that we may churn out our cities faster. I prefer to settle as early as possible.]
    Yep, definitely a good idea.

[Here we meet Mexico city, with quite a useful effect, it allows some of our buildings to affect further away, depending on how close all our cities are, that could be quite useful.]
    Nice, Mexico is one of the city states that alter how you want to place your cities and districts. (The other being the one that gets you water everywhere) Can get very powerful with lategame industrial districts with proper planning.

[oooo. A tribal village gave us a governor promotion. Can you guess who we picked?
    Magnus. It's always Magnus for that sweet, sweet harvesting bonus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dammit... Please tell me Magnus is your second one, at least.

[Ah, yes in ten turns we'll enter a new era of humanity, the classical era of humanity. One problem I have with these is that at least in prince games I tend to far outclass the game era with my tech. If it was like it was in civ 5's world congress, and say me hitting modern, forced the era into industrial I'd feel alot better.]
    Nah, these eras are only there for the Age bonuses. You wouldn't have enough time to reach a golden age if you could move them forward like that.

[We're not producing CO2, we literally can't produce CO2, what in the endless plains of the abyss is he talking about!
    Yep, Civ6 AI is completely and utterly insane. You can count on it only to never make any sense at all.

[We get bronze working, but we don't have any iron.]
    Doesn't really matter. Iron is far less important here than it was in previous Civs.

[With Writing completed, we start work on Masonry, advisors feel free to correct me on this.]
    It's almost done by now, you might as well finish it. Probably won't be immediately useful though. I would suggest Commerce next, the more trade routes the better.

[This is a benefit to playing with humans, you can trade more abstract stuff like this.]
    They also have the advantage of not being completely insane. I assume so at least, I've never actually played multi Civ6.

[We get era score for settling on flood plains]
    Close to volcanoes too!

[We set up a campus, cause I'm pretty sure they get more expensive in later turns]
    Yep. Yet another stupid thing Civ6 does. The exact formula is too complicated for me to remember by heart, but basically the cost for districts, and only districts, raises as you get deeper into the research or civic tree. Placing the foundation, like you've done, locks in the current cost. You don't have to finish the district right now, just place it and build whatever else you want until you're ready to go back to it.

[Yay!]
    I don't understand?

[We blow most of our treasury on a builder to connect the marble and salt luxuries to our empire.]
    Yep. Buy builders if you want to build settlers the hard way.

[We have hit the classical era of humanity.]
    24/25
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

[Here we see the city of Orange Mountains, currently having an issue.]
    I... don't seem to see the issue?

[We are in a normal era this era with America and Scotland in golden ages.]
    24/25!

[So what dedication do our advisors feel we should pick?]
    Free Inquiry is usually the easier to trigger. Unless you plan to go on a district building spree, in which case it's Monumentality. Maybe Pen, Brush, Voice if there are inspirations you are more likely to take from there than the science tree?

10. - Top - End - #10

Show

I... don't seem to see the issue?
    The joke, is that the leader is being replaced.

Spoiler: Chapter 4 A new age
    Show

[At the advice of the advisors we take free inquiry.]

My name is Chieftain Cassandra. For the first part of Incan civilization, we were ruled by an immortal god emperess. Chieftain Cammy, used her power to discredit her rivals, to hinder our people. Last night me and a small group of assailants stormed the huts of Chieftain Cammy, there we overwhelmed her personal guard, and found out our immortal god emperess wasn't quite so immortal. No longer shall we be ruled by her childish whims. We shall have a new NORMAL AGE for the Incan people!

[Called it]

[This barbarian archer is so annoying.]

[We follow our advisors advice and start on currency next.]
    We will soon have a medium of exchange for goods and services to increase trade between our cities.

[Right, peace.....]

[And since we hit a tech boost we got an era point.]

[Um, advisors help. I'm really bad at choosing a place for this.]

"For the glory of the Inca's Governor Magnus is here to help, Chieftain Cassandra!"

[Here we see the Kyhmerians building Macchu Picchu.

We now know today that we stand at the start of the classical era of humanity!

[Since we have it boosted, we start on the wheel.]

[Now that Magnus is established in the city. Let's chop!]

With this new terrace food, not a single person will know of hunger in the Narrow pass. The word shall fall out of the Incan language.
    [We also get 4 era points for building our unique terrain improvement.]

[And thus was the city of Olive lake built, stick by stick.]

[The eternal debate of, put campus here, or really good terrace farm here.

[If I recall correctly, we start on horseback riding, but leave it till we can finish a pasture.

Hello, Cheiftain Shaka of the Zulu.

[It turns out Shaka is to our south. ]

[We end up transfering someone to Olive lake]

[That's....actually not the end of the world, if it stays like that, I might leave it a bit.]

[And we meet the people of Kabul.]

[Oooooh. We can change governments!]

[So tier 2 and 3 governments each have three choices. You can pick the WAR option. The peace option, or a mix of the two. Since right now we have no war or active plans to make one we go peace.]

[Tier 4 is instead split by military, economy, and diplomatic.]

[These are the policies we choose.]

[We also start researching military tradition]

[The AI builds all the wonders.]

[Mysticism since we have it inspired.]

Greetings Preslav, it is I who lead the Inca, Cassandra first of many.

[I remembered!]

Now, where to stick our learned scholars.
    [Any suggestions, advisors?]

[And with that, we now have mysticism.]

[Any suggestions on where to go next? ]

[The Orange Mountains]

[The Smokey mountains. Where should I put it's academy?]

[The Narrow Pass. That blue orb is where I'll put a campus since it's not a hill.]

[Riverdam, almost done with its campus.]

[And finally, Olive Lake.]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The joke, is that the leader is being replaced.
    Ah. I missed the joke. My apologies.

[This barbarian archer is so annoying.]
    Can't you get an archer down there to kill him? And clear that barbarian encampment while you're at it.

[We follow our advisors advice and start on currency next.]
    Alright. From the tech tree I see you still need to: Build a pasture, a water mill, 3 different districts, a wall, 2 more mines (ideally one of them on iron), a lumbermill and 6 farms in total. The sea inspirations are probably impossible, but it doesn't really matter. I'm surprised you haven't found a natural wonder yet.

[Right, peace.....]
    Watch him hate you if someone declares war at you and you defend yourself!

[And since we hit a tech boost we got an era point.]
    Nice. That golden age is yours!

[Um, advisors help. I'm really bad at choosing a place for this.]
    Gladly. Let me just check the wiki for the advisor bonuses, I don't remember them at all.

"For the glory of the Inca's Governor Magnus is here to help, Chieftain Cassandra!"
    Great! Now you just need whatshisname the educator to put in your capital and never, ever move.

[Here we see the Kyhmerians building Macchu Picchu.
    You mean the Cimmerians?

[Since we have it boosted, we start on the wheel.]
    [Now that Magnus is established in the city. Let's chop!]
    With this new terrace food, not a single person will know of hunger in the Narrow pass. The word shall fall out of the Incan language.
    [We also get 4 era points for building our unique terrain improvement.]
    [And thus was the city of Olive lake built, stick by stick.]
    [If I recall correctly, we start on horseback riding, but leave it till we can finish a pasture.]
    [Mysticism since we have it inspired.]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CASGNmf0Pec

[The eternal debate of, put campus here, or really good terrace farm here.
    Terrace farm, no contest. In Civ 5, you needed all the science you could get. This is not the case in 6. Production costs have exploded, and you still breeze through the tech tree. Having more science can even be counterproductive, as it increases district cost. I always build a commercial and an industrial district in all my cities, because production is always a problem, money lets you bypass it by buying stuff and 1 trade route per city is OP, 2-3 campuses, tops, and a couple theaters.

[That's....actually not the end of the world, if it stays like that, I might leave it a bit.]
    Yeah, it's fine. All shall be well when Smokey grows up a bit.

[These are the policies we choose.]
    Good choices generally. And I tend to pick Classical Republic even when I do plan on going to war. I would have preferred Conscription over Discipline but it won't be long before you get a proper purple policy there.

[The AI builds all the wonders.]
    Don't worry, it's just the useless ones that require no special placement. It can only accidentally build one of the good ones that do require some planning.

[I remembered!]
    Right on time too!

Now, where to stick our learned scholars.
    [Any suggestions, advisors?]
    See below

[Any suggestions on where to go next? ]
    I would suggest Drama and Poetry (unlikely to get the boost soon) -> Recorded History for the governor (will have probably gotten the inspiration by then, if not wait on it) -> Start Theology but leave it at 1 turn remaining -> Games and Recreation -> Defensive Tactics so you can build some cheap walls. Leaving useless civics, like Theology, at 1 turn remaining allows you to get full benefit of certain policies and then immediately change them next turn so you don't sacrifice too much of the good turn-to-turn bonuses. This allows you to, for instance, stockpile envoys, pick the diplomatic policy that gives you a second one for free when you place the first one, put one envoy in each city state you've met, and so get a bunch of them for free in a single turn. Stockpile money, pick the military policy that halves the upgrade cost and upgrade all your units. Or again stockpile money, pick the policy that gives 2 extra uses to builders and buy a few of them, two in the city with the appropriate governor (1 after you change to the policy, 1 on the next turn before you change back). It would be best if you could combine the above, but there are more than enough useless civics in the tree to allow you to do this all the time.

My district placement suggestions. I see some very nice farm triangle spots, but I didn't bother to mark them.

[The Smokey mountains. Where should I put it's academy?]
    [The Narrow Pass. That blue orb is where I'll put a campus since it's not a hill.]
    I marked the best campus spot for the Smokey Mountains, and I agree that one is the best spot in the Narrow Pass. I think you'd have too many campuses if you built them all though, as per my explanation above.

[And finally, Olive Lake.]
    It has been a while since I've seen such an easy Zimbambe placement. You could almost put it wherever you wanted!

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler: Reply
    Show

@Narkis Is the great Zimbambe any good? I'm not sure I really built it before.

Spoiler: Chapter 5, a resettlement of violence!
    Show

[So, there's not alot of luxuries, but there's plenty of space. Maybe two more cities? Any suggestions?]

Greetings people of Akkad. It is I, Leader Cassandra!

[I'm not made of military!]

[They are just scouting your lands! They are just curious!]

[We build our first superior campus is built in Riverdam.]

Our advisors said we couldn't build a wonder soon, We'll show them!

[Yeah, sure why not.]

[Listen without walls, cities are really frail. Border cities, especially by Zulu, get walls!]

[Oh, so now you're not pissy at me for the impossible]

[We start getting great scientist points, but we don't want this one. ]

[Let's get us some real nice terrace farms.]

A new caraven convoy starts to look for new land near the Zuluians to settle.

[Delicious, delicious food.]

What do you mean you can't build the pyramids cause barbarians are occupying the construction spot!
    [AAAAAAAAAAAA!]

[Eh, Granda's.... Kinda eh....]

[We're naming this city Hinterlands for right now. Do the advisors have a better name.]

Do you know what this means? Natural wonder.....

[Ugh, Uluru is so much worse then in Civ 5]

Of course, I'm surprised you haven't sent one already.

[Everything changed when the Zuluians attacked! Scotland!]

That mountain is smoking alot!

[Let's get chopping for the pyramids.]

It is a pleasure to meet you~

[Ooooo, Muscat is not a bad city state at all...]

[That city's going down quick.]

[This city needs a name, advisors.]

[Aaaa, mutual lux trades, how I love you.]

[And we send civs delegations]

[And lo, did our chops work, and now do we have the pyramids for a thousand generations!]

[We clear up this swamp for the food boost, before we plant a commerical hub down. If we didn't, we wouldn't get any boost.]

[I am a genius.]

[One more civic.]

See the foreign leaders send their people into war after war. Only I keep you safe, only I keep you well fed. It is my brilliant leadership that keeps you secure.
    Cassandra to the Incan people. 550 BC.

[Ooo, this will made tile yields nice....]

[I consider this, but we need to make a mine.]

[Oh huh, We got apprenticeship boosted..... So we can just build a terrace farm now. Thank you volcano.]

[O....okay mountain that's enough.....]

[Deal with it, get good scrub?]

[Our tech tree]
    [Any suggestions for what next?

[Second verse, Civics the first~]

[Our capital]

[So I shouldn't build too many campuses. So since this is pop 7, and has the pop for a commerical hub, and industrial zone. What do I work on next? Encampment, Entertainment? Campus?

[Olive lake.

[The idea is, the Long trail to the mountains. I could use some other names.]

[Our littlest city....]

[So, where do I put down a city? Or two?]

[And what about one up here?]

[And over here?]

[And these crabs?]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

@Narkis Is the great Zimbambe any good? I'm not sure I really built it before.
    In my experience yes, very much so. The Colossus is a very good wonder with just the extra trade route, and Zimbambe also gives you a lot of extra money once you've stopped using your caravans to create roads and prop up your new cities and can concentrate them all in a single city. Its placement rules also mean the AI can only accidentally build it, it never plans district placement at all.

Giving you a trade route per city was a mistake in BE, and it is a mistake in 6. It's like the people who made it never played 5 themselves, or didn't understand what made it work.

[So, there's not alot of luxuries, but there's plenty of space. Maybe two more cities? Any suggestions?]
    This is not Civ 5. Luxuries are nice to have, but far from essential. A well placed entertainment district or two can give you more than enough amenities. The Colosseum is also fairly easy to grab. And two more cities? You're thinking too small. Can probably fit another on the fog of war to the left.

Also, remember what I said previously about that other city being a good Zimbambe location? Scratch that, X marks the spot for a GREAT Zimbambe location. 7 resources in the city's radius, which will give you (checks wiki) +14 gold per trade route from here!

[Listen without walls, cities are really frail. Border cities, especially by Zulu, get walls!]
    It is a mistake to build walls without that policy that doubles production towards them.

[Oh, so now you're not pissy at me for the impossible]
    Oh, don't worry. If you check the detailed relationship modifiers I bet he's still pissed for that, but you have a bunch of other positive things counteracting it.

[We start getting great scientist points, but we don't want this one. ]
    Don't worry, you aren't getting him anyway. The AI massively overbuilts campuses.

[We're naming this city Hinterlands for right now. Do the advisors have a better name.]
    I'm surprised you didn't go for the obvious "Snowy Mountains".

Of course, I'm surprised you haven't sent one already.
    The AI sends delegations only to people it already likes, probably to stop the game from being a huge hugbox all the time.

That mountain is smoking alot!
    Well, it's in the name.

[Let's get chopping for the pyramids.]
    NOOOOOO!!! Why did you even hire Magnus if you won't have him there for the harvesting? You wasted these trees. WASTED!

[And lo, did our chops work, and now do we have the pyramids for a thousand generations!]
    Nice. But those poor, poor trees...

[Oh huh, We got apprenticeship boosted..... So we can just build a terrace farm now. Thank you volcano.]
    [O....okay mountain that's enough.....]
    Heh

[Deal with it, get good scrub?]
    You misspelled "git gud".

[Any suggestions for what next?
    Machinery gives you Crossbowmen, which is how you win wars in the next couple ages. Military Engineering shows you Saltpeter, which you're gonna want to have before long. And Castles gives you the Alhambra. I'd say those are the priorities, research them in whatever order you prefer

[Second verse, Civics the first~]
    I hope you stopped Theology at one turn remaining, it's fairly useless except to help you switch policies. Rush Feudalism next. Triangle farms and extra worker builds are awesome!

[So I shouldn't build too many campuses. So since this is pop 7, and has the pop for a commerical hub, and industrial zone. What do I work on next? Encampment, Entertainment? Campus?
    Encampment -> Alhambra after the industrial district.

[And what about one up here?]
    Yep. Not a bad location. Might even have Oil or Uranium later.!

[And over here?]
    Sure, if you can get there before the AI.

[And these crabs?]
    Usually the more cities you build the better, but I see lots of Zulu cities nearby. Keeping the city will be a pain.

14. - Top - End - #14

Show

Yep. Not a bad location. Might even have Oil or Uranium later.!

Sure, if you can get there before the AI.

Usually the more cities you build the better, but I see lots of Zulu cities nearby. Keeping the city will be a pain.
    And how about some city names advisor.

Spoiler: Chapter 6
    Show

[I feel like we've done this already.]

[Oh huh.... Kinda surprised the loyalty is falling this early.]

Let us explore the wider world.

[Somehow. Terrace farms don't count as farms for the purposes of Fedualism. Which is about ten pounds of bull. So let's get some regular farms.

[You mean the single archer. That's scouting..... That archer? That's too many troops on your borders?]

[During the year 125 BC, the Incan palace came under attack. People feared for the worst....]
    My fellow Incans. The palace came under attack last night by dangerous assailants. They intended to kill me, to ruin the incan people. But they were unsuccessful. Tho they have scarred and deformed me. My resolve to lead the Incan people has never been stronger. May we have one great state for which the other nations look upon in envy. A new golden age for the Incan people.

[And now, for the medieval era. A world congress!]

[Okay, so obviously I want to either boost the stuff I'm working towards the best, or hamper what I'm not going for. For instance if I'm getting no great admiral points. NO ONE gets Great Admirals.]

[Nope, doesn't count. 2 troops does not an invasion make]

[Tho I really wish a skip option was there.]

[Special sessions come down to two things. One is, "Oh no, this civ has taken a city fight to liberate the city." (Even if you only took it, cause they declared war first), or "This civ was hit by a natural disaster. Give them money.]

[We have all the jesus we need, thank you very much.]

[I can't believe I didn't take pics of the actual emergencies.

In any case I'm not eager to war right this second, so....]

The Smokey Mountains are the largest in the world!

[See, someone that makes sense!]

[Let's take it into the fold!]

Again? What is it with you two!

[Oooooo]

[You know what, it's close enough. Do we accept this great person?]

[The capital, producing troops to claim the rebelling cities.]

[The Smokey Mountains. The breadbasket of the world.]

[The Narrow pass. Swiftly running out of good tiles to work]

[Riverdam, the guardians to the North east]

[Olive Lake]

[The Long trail. Where I consider if to remove that stone for a good terrace farm.]

[The Snowy Mountains.]

[This city needs a name. ]

[What do we work to next?]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

And how about some city names advisor.
    No! I refuse! You can't tell me what to do! You're not my real dad!

[Oh huh.... Kinda surprised the loyalty is falling this early.]
    Eh. Probably a Dark Age involved.

[Somehow. Terrace farms don't count as farms for the purposes of Fedualism. Which is about ten pounds of bull. So let's get some regular farms.
    Yet another thing to add to my pile of "Civ 6 is terribly designed" examples".

[You mean the single archer. That's scouting..... That archer? That's too many troops on your borders?]
    Yes, the AI is completely insane. You should've gotten used to it by now.

[During the year 125 BC, the Incan palace came under attack. People feared for the worst....]
    My fellow Incans. The palace came under attack last night by dangerous assailants. They intended to kill me, to ruin the incan people. But they were unsuccessful. Tho they have scarred and deformed me. My resolve to lead the Incan people has never been stronger. May we have one great state for which the other nations look upon in envy. A new golden age for the Incan people.
    So this is how democracy dies. And please tell me you picked Monumentality and stockpiled gold so you could buy some builders the moment you got Feudalism.

[And now, for the medieval era. A world congress!]
    Quite stupid of the game to have the World Congress so soon, imho. I'm also not a fun of how it works compared to previous games.

[Okay, so obviously I want to either boost the stuff I'm working towards the best, or hamper what I'm not going for. For instance if I'm getting no great admiral points. NO ONE gets Great Admirals.]
    Yes, but also refrain from spending precious points on things that don't matter so you can outspend the AI on the rare resolutions that will actually benefit you more than the others. (The trade one comes to mind).

[Nope, doesn't count. 2 troops does not an invasion make]
    AI. Insane.

Again? What is it with you two!
    They hate each other from the previous war. They'll keep fighting for the rest of the game, and either split the rest of the board into two blocs of supporters of one and the other or one of them is gonna be denounced and hated by everyone as a warmonger.

[You know what, it's close enough. Do we accept this great person?]
    He's one of the very few ways to claim a hex that belongs to another civilization or city state without going to war, so yes. The decision can also be made easier if you check how many points the second civilization has, and if you can pass him again before he claims the next great person. It's often the case that you lose nothing by claiming a great person.

[The Long trail. Where I consider if to remove that stone for a good terrace farm.]
    It's absolutely worth it. Just put Magnus in there before you harvest the stone.

[This city needs a name. ]
    Frozen Mountains? Peaks maybe if you want to mix it up a little?

[/quote][What do we work to next?][/quote]
    Pick a government and rush to it, trying to claim the boosts along the way.