New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Survivor

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Survivor

Not sure how main people here watch Survivor, but I'm a fanatical fan. Did anyone else watch the latest season?

For me, Tony is now the GOAT. Anyone other think there are any competing nominations for this title?
    Last edited by Liquor Box; 2020-05-16 at 08:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Survivor

I'm inclined to agree, his performance was more than impressive. Getting through the game without a single vote against him despite the huge target on his back from even before things started is crazy. He had excellent reads, great strategy and relationship building and even did well in challenges as well as his seeming limitless reserves of energy. He was like Speedy Gonzales on crack out there.

I previously considered Kim to be the best first-time player; firmly in control without ever being threatened, well balanced with her strategic, social and physical game all very good with no apparent weaknesses. Though I always had some doubts since she admittedly was up against one of the weakest casts of Survivor history but still expected her to do great against stronger competitors. Now, I'd still rank her as one of the better winners but no longer the best.

I was rooting for Yul to win but I'm more than happy with the result we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, his performance was more than impressive. Getting through the game without a single vote against him despite the huge target on his back from even before things started is crazy. He had excellent reads, great strategy and relationship building and even did well in challenges as well as his seeming limitless reserves of energy. He was like Speedy Gonzales on crack out there.

I previously considered Kim to be the best first-time player; firmly in control without ever being threatened, well balanced with her strategic, social and physical game all very good with no apparent weaknesses. Though I always had some doubts since she admittedly was up against one of the weakest casts of Survivor history but still expected her to do great against stronger competitors. Now, I'd still rank her as one of the better winners but no longer the best.

I was rooting for Yul to win but I'm more than happy with the result we got.
    Yeah, I though Yul and Kim were amongst the strongest single season players as well.

I thought Parvati was the best player coming into the latest season. She also had a really dominant season in Micronesia, and was also unlucky not to win in Heroes vs Villains.

I'm just glad Tony won and none of the 'play under the radar hyenas' did.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    She never really had competition that season, which as you mentioned had the weakest competitors. Troyzan's probably the closest, but he barely made a dent against the women's alliance. Her season felt like a slightly more challenging version of that season where CBS finally gave Boston Rob the win.

Parvati is definitely one of the best, but my favorite underrated player would probably be Chris Daugherty of Vanuatu, just because of how much the cards were stacked against him. It's been a while since I last watched survivor (Blood vs Water was the last), though, so the gameplay now may be a whole different thing from where it was back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    She never really had competition that season, which as you mentioned had the weakest competitors. Troyzan's probably the closest, but he barely made a dent against the women's alliance. Her season felt like a slightly more challenging version of that season where CBS finally gave Boston Rob the win.

Parvati is definitely one of the best, but my favorite underrated player would probably be Chris Daugherty of Vanuatu, just because of how much the cards were stacked against him. It's been a while since I last watched survivor (Blood vs Water was the last), though, so the gameplay now may be a whole different thing from where it was back then.
    Yeah, I agree that Chris' win was great. Apparently he has gained too much weight to able to apply again.

I recommend taking it up again, it's still churning out great seasons. Survivor Cambodia and Survivor Winners at War are very good recent seasons.