Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: [5e] Withstanding the Crimson Host

Hey sandmote, I saw that JNA posted a request to have Full Plate replace their +1 weapon and I felt like it was inappropriate for me to get Gleaming Full Plate as a common item and still pull a magic weapon. Let me know your thoughts...I'm happy to take the +1 weapon of course, but I'll hold off on adding that without clarification.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    [*]Calin/Jikan and Garren conflict with material that will come up in game. Conflict with the Centaurs wound down about 40 years ago, and conflict with the orcs did the same about 25 years ago. Further to the south the main threats are bullywogs, although there were two wars with a southerly human kingdom 11-13 years ago; land was exchanged by both sides. The capital today mostly concerns itself with a massing force of Sahuagin on the western coast. [/LIST]
    For Calin, I must have misunderstood the starting gold. I changed to a riding horse without barding. That should keep him under the limit. If not, he can lose the horse.

Is there some threat that could have caused his duke to lose his lands in the last few years, or was the kingdom mostly at peace in the near past? If no external threat, could it have been lost to a rival duke? The important part of his background is that he is a retired soldier who left for his own adventure. The rest is flexible. I increased his age to 32.

3. - Top - End - #153

Hello Sandmote, it's not coming together for me, and it seems like you have a great crowd already, so I will withdraw from the game. Thanks and good luck!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

I vote for either the Alchemist Workshop or a Shrine. Leaning towards Shrine-buffs good.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Riggdgames View Post
    Hey sandmote, I saw that JNA posted a request to have Full Plate replace their +1 weapon and I felt like it was inappropriate for me to get Gleaming Full Plate as a common item and still pull a magic weapon. Let me know your thoughts...I'm happy to take the +1 weapon of course, but I'll hold off on adding that without clarification.
    Gleaming plate with a weapon is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    For Calin, I must have misunderstood the starting gold. I changed to a riding horse without barding. That should keep him under the limit. If not, he can lose the horse.

Is there some threat that could have caused his duke to lose his lands in the last few years, or was the kingdom mostly at peace in the near past? If no external threat, could it have been lost to a rival duke? The important part of his background is that he is a retired soldier who left for his own adventure. The rest is flexible. I increased his age to 32.
    I was honestly expecting you to ask for barding to put on the horses at the pass. Your own riding horse works too.

Internal political struggle is fine; actually makes a younger age work fine as well. Title should be "jagir" instead of "duke" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Niobaran View Post
    Hello Sandmote, it's not coming together for me, and it seems like you have a great crowd already, so I will withdraw from the game. Thanks and good luck!
    Sorry to see you go, but thank you for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    I vote for either the Alchemist Workshop or a Shrine. Leaning towards Shrine-buffs good.
    Shrine listed. Get your equipment together, please.

Edit: I missed filling out your missing equipment in the post. Will add it now, sorry.
    Last edited by sandmote; 2020-05-23 at 12:23 PM.
    Extended Signature, Woo! Latest Homebrew: The Dhampire and the Way of Jotunslag

WtCH pages: OOC, IC, Rolling

6. - Top - End - #156

Alright, should have equips in order.

May I have already used the Pot, and just have a little shrub buddy?

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #157

Alright, should have equips in order.

May I have already used the Pot, and just have a little shrub buddy?
    Awakened Shrub Approved.

8. - Top - End - #158

I'll name him Treecko. He will be my little buddy, and he will 100% be staying safe in the fortress. He is NOT gonna fight with me. :P

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #159

GnomeWizardGuy

Internal political struggle is fine; actually makes a younger age work fine as well. Title should be "jagir" instead of "duke" though.
    Great. I updated his background. I'll go ahead and keep him as Calin, just adding Rai if that's ok. With place names like Whitecliff and Arvendon, "Calin" doesn't seem out of place. And I'll leave him at 32 to make him a little more distinguished.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

My choice was the Smithy, itís just above the statblock spot. Itís the spot that looks empty besides the two tiny words so itís easy to miss

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    Great. I updated his background. I'll go ahead and keep him as Calin, just adding Rai if that's ok. With place names like Whitecliff and Arvendon, "Calin" doesn't seem out of place. And I'll leave him at 32 to make him a little more distinguished.
    Background looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno929 View Post
    My choice was the Smithy, itís just above the statblock spot. Itís the spot that looks empty besides the two tiny words so itís easy to miss
    It is also on Xihirli's table, so I've no clue how I missed it.

Edit: Table should be updated.
    Last edited by sandmote; 2020-05-23 at 01:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sheet should be fully ready now:

• Added weapon
    • Corrected item costs and updated gold
    • Modified Eleanor's name in background to be more fitting

Please let me know if I need to clean up anything else.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

On mobile, been doing yard work most of the day. But I will make said adjustments post haste.

Keep Improvement for Zaddion would be the Arcane forge.

Not sure what extra fluff item would be....oooh. Wait are magical instruments at common level? Iíll take another look but I am rather bad at picking magic items.

I have access to my sheet on mobile, it just wonít let me adjust things for some stupid reason.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

I'll name him Treecko. He will be my little buddy, and he will 100% be staying safe in the fortress. He is NOT gonna fight with me. :P
    My little buddies will fight with me.
    Even for me.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    My little buddies will fight with me.
    Even for me.
    Treecko is a shrub. Sure, he WOULD fight with me, if I let him, but I ain't letting my precious boy die like that!

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    On mobile, been doing yard work most of the day. But I will make said adjustments post haste.

Keep Improvement for Zaddion would be the Arcane forge.

Not sure what extra fluff item would be....oooh. Wait are magical instruments at common level? Iíll take another look but I am rather bad at picking magic items.

I have access to my sheet on mobile, it just wonít let me adjust things for some stupid reason.
    Arcane Force noted. I'm not sure magical instruments you mean, but the Instrument of Scribing and Instrument of Illusions in Xanathar's Guide I'll allow. The Instruments of the Bards are a bit strong.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Table
    Show

Okay, the Table should be above, or here if it doesn't load properly.

If the following people have submitted a character sheet, they need to put it in another post, because I haven't seen it:
    • userpay
    • Heavenblade
    • Spore
    • ProudGrognard
    • Zergrinch
    • Niobaran
    • Rhyvurg
    • Bardish
    • Darth_Versity
    • Zhentarim
    • 3SecondCultist
    • Mostlymad

The following characters have issues with their statblocks:
    • Maldread is missing both background skills
    • Bridton is missing one class and both background skills.
    • Due to the type of game, goblinoids are treated as separate favored enemies; Garren has this error.
    • Salos doesn't appear to have his racial ASI added since I last checked. As a note, that's +2 Cha and +1 to two stats of your choice; what was added as the ASIs at 4th & 6th levels.

The following characters are missing gear:
    • Laith and Maldread are missing their Weapon/Wand/Equivalent
    • Maldread and Stonesmasher are missing her consumables
    • Gen, Bridton, Stonesmasher, and Zaddion are missing their extra item
    • The Gold isn't necessary, but it is missing from Stonesmasher, Laith, Maldread, Gen, Zaddion, Garren, Salos, and Yrrden. If you aren't buying much, please let me know as purepolarpanzer has.
    • Calin/Jikan needs to reduce their extra expenses down to 200 gp. Note that horses and riding equipment will be provided once the game starts.

The following players need to name their keep improvements. The improvement isn't required to be tied to backstory; you can just pick one.
    • JNAProductions
    • gryffydd65
    • Frendle
    • Seanfall
    • tofucake.

Background issues:
    • Gen needs a bit more. As prompts, when did he learn smithing, and why isn't he working where he learned it?
    • Calin/Jikan and Garren conflict with material that will come up in game. Conflict with the Centaurs wound down about 40 years ago, and conflict with the orcs did the same about 25 years ago. Further to the south the main threats are bullywogs, although there were two wars with a southerly human kingdom 11-13 years ago; land was exchanged by both sides. The capital today mostly concerns itself with a massing force of Sahuagin on the western coast.
    Ok I believe Maldread is done.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Treecko is a shrub. Sure, he WOULD fight with me, if I let him, but I ain't letting my precious boy die like that!
    I hope it doesn't become necessary to evacuate Treecko, but I might know a family in Whitecliff that could help take care of the little guy if we can't keep the goblins at bay

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Ok I believe Maldread is done.
    On this link, you appear to have added your background. This looks like it replaced one class proficiency, meaning you're still short a skill. I also still don't see any of your magic items. If you've told me what your Keep Improvement is, I haven't found that either.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Arcane Force noted. I'm not sure magical instruments you mean, but the Instrument of Scribing and Instrument of Illusions in Xanathar's Guide I'll allow. The Instruments of the Bards are a bit strong.
    Sweet. made the changes on my sheet and turned my Lute into an Instrument of Illusions which makes it an even better gift.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd just like to point out if we make it to level 9, instead of spending money on Reincarnate materials, we could awaken 5 tree friends for Treecko.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    Sweet. made the changes on my sheet and turned my Lute into an Instrument of Illusions which makes it an even better gift.
    That's eight finished sheets then. I will give tomorrow for anyone else who can some time to finish, but I will be anouncing the admitted players in... 24 hours. Rather fitting for a countdown clock.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'd just like to point out if we make it to level 9, instead of spending money on Reincarnate materials, we could awaken 5 tree friends for Treecko.
    Note that this depends on your ability to source thousand gp agates. So, thank you for mentioning this beforehand.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

That brings up an interesting question for me, as if we get there I really would like to at least source materials for an emergency reincarnation if we need it. Would this be something to bring up with the keep shrine (if we have one) or is there a potential druid presence in any of the other populations we can reach out to?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #174

That brings up an interesting question for me, as if we get there I really would like to at least source materials for an emergency reincarnation if we need it. Would this be something to bring up with the keep shrine (if we have one) or is there a potential druid presence in any of the other populations we can reach out to?
    I plan on having everyone make a couple of skill checks to determine what help other than the listed points of interest they might be able to scrounge up. Whether or not the party has news of any druids in the area will depend on that.

Note this is going to be the first thing done (while everyone gets situated), and additional chances to do this will come up as the game progresses.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oops, added Armory!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

I have amended Garren's fluff and favored enemies (I have to say, I miss the UA Revised Ranger being able to simply pick 'humanoid') and just gave him the 200g, calling it the payout from his most recent job.

27. - Top - End - #177

Assuming we get a Druid in the game, that is.

But I do like the thought of tree friends. Glad my breath attack is not fire.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

But I do like the thought of tree friends.
    You should not make them too happy though. I am in six other games, DMing one, with two additional ones pending so it would be pretty selfish for me to apply here since I cannot even formulate a build idea that works for me and this game.

Good luck to you.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    You should not make them too happy though. I am in six other games, DMing one, with two additional ones pending so it would be pretty selfish for me to apply here since I cannot even formulate a build idea that works for me and this game.

Good luck to you.
    Thank you for letting me know.

Also, for everyone, 12 hours remain.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I will bow out. This seems very nice, but work reared its ugly head.