New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Evil Villains Werewolf

From the recruitment thread:

Disclaimer: this is my first time narrating. There may be stupid mistakes, and the game may be horribly imbalanced.

This is a game of Werewolf, also known as Mafia. General WW/Mafia rules may be found in the Central thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-OPENING-POSTS!)

Rules and advice specific to this game:

In the event of a tied vote, the first player to reach the tie will be lynched.

Anyone not posting in thread for two consecutive day phases will be auto-lynched.

You shouldn't trust anyone. (Yes, I know this is true for all games, but even more so for this one. Be paranoid. Be very paranoid…)

Everyone will have some kind of power, although it may be passive. Most roles will be fairly standard, but some will be… more unusual. I’ve given you some hints to some of the roles, but if I create more I’m not telling you what they are.

Game-related PMs and creation of QTs are allowed as long as I'm copied on them, but don't share any QT I gave you, a role PM or a screenshot of either.

Days and nights will be 48 hours long.

The game will begin when recruitment is over in 14 days. I'm looking for up to 23 players.

Town:

Everything was going brilliantly: the Plan was just days away from completion, and then the world would have been yours.

That was when those pesky heroes killed the Evil Mastermind. The building's been in lockdown ever since, so you know they're still here... you just need to find them before they kill you all (and maybe work towards your other goals in the confusion!)

Spoiler: Town Roles
    Show

The Loyal Deputy:

You were the Evil Mastermind's most trusted minion, and possibly the only other who knew the full Plan. With her dead, you're the new leader, but you're vulnerable - and not only to the heroes...

The Bodyguard:

Your one task was to keep the Evil Mastermind alive. You failed. Now you're determined to do anything you can to avenge her death and keep her successor alive.

The Murderer:

You do all of the dirty work around here. Except now it's not so clear who needs to die... and there's someone out there trying to kill you.

The Friendly Villain:

You may be evil with a capital E, but you're easily capable of charming people into doing what you want. And no-one will realise your real goals...

The Evil Lovers:

Let it never be said that evil doesn't have loved ones: you care about each other more than anything else in the world.

The Devil:

Your second sight is unparalleled, and you can use it to work out who is who, tracking down the heroes hiding amongst you... and the fool who thinks he can match your power.

The Foolish Villain:

You think you have second sight, but in reality it's just randomness. That won't stop you from proving that you can do anything with a bit of luck...

The Mad Scientist

You have come up with some fabulous inventions. It's just a pity you can't work out what they do. This chaos seems like a good opportunity to carry out some testing...

The Paranoid Villain:

You know you're going to die... but it won't be in vain. You've been planning for this kind of thing for a long time. Hopefully you can take out some of these heroes. Or the usurper within the organisation.

Neutral:This situation is so inconvenient. You were only here for one thing, and now you're stuck here. Still, maybe this can work to your advantage if you keep your head down and get a stroke of luck.

Spoiler: Neutral Roles
    Show

Not telling! There may or may not be neutral roles, and if there are their powers will not be revealed until and unless they die.

Wolves:

You've successfully killed the Evil Mastermind: mission accomplished! Only you weren't expecting to be trapped here, unable to get out. Looks like you're going to have to kill the other villains if you want to escape.

Spoiler: Wolf Roles
    Show

The Hero: You've fought these villains many times before, and you know their styles. With any luck your information will help you escape.

The Traitor: You used to be a villain yourself. This means you know how to pass as one again, and you won't be discovered.

The Ally: You're well-stocked with sleeping potions, and your preparedness will finally be useful.

The Animal Sidekick: No-one ever notices you, but you can slip around at night and figure out what the villains are up to.

And finally, player list, in order of sign-ups:

1. gac3
    2. AvatarVecna
    3. Unavenger
    4. Lord Athos
    5. Valmark
    6. JoyWonderLove
    7. Elenna
    8. Xihirli
    9. JeenLeen
    10. Libro
    11. trtl
    12. Duck999
    13. Apogee1
    14. kgato503
    15. rogue_alchemist
    16. Bc56
    17. Aventine
    18. CaoimhinTheCape
    19. MornShine
    20. Logan1996

End Night Zero

You stop what you're doing as you hear the sirens. The building is in lockdown: no-one can leave or arrive until it's stopped. There hasn't been a lockdown in months.

You hurry to the main hall to find out what's going on, and are shocked to see the body of your leader, murdered by heroes - who must still be here. You need to figure out who they are - before it's too late...

Snowblaze was killed. She was the Evil Mastermind.

Begin Day One,
    which will end at approximately 2pm GMT on Wednesday (I'm giving you extra time partly so you don't lose any while waiting for this to be approved and partly so I can update on my computer.)

Also, two notes:

1. No impersonating other people in QTs. (This was gac3's plan. It is not allowed. Don't do it.)

2. I'll post vote counts at the end of each day phase. They will not account for any vote manipulation powers that may exist. I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of vote manipulation powers.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-05-18 at 08:41 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

I feel like lynching AvatarVecna first, every time, is a little unfair.

On this basis, Xihirli. It's only reasonable!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Aventine because she's No 17.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Good thing there is no Snowblaze to force me to self-vote :p

Gac3, you're first in list.

Unavenger and AV wolf buddies? (I'm joking) (for now)
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-05-20 at 08:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll poke Elennato start.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    1. No impersonating other people in QTs. (This was gac3's plan. It is not allowed. Don't do it.)
    In the Harry Potter game, I learned you can write a fake name (like Wolf #2 or Fred Weasley) instead of your forum name. Is stuff like that allowed?
    (I guess being able to do that should have been obvious, since you can start whatever name you want, but I only learned about QT through these games and set my name there as JeenLeen, and then never thought about changing it. Nor do I know how to do that.)

I don't really care for the 'fake naming', as it eliminates much of the risk of reaching out with a QuickTopic.

But I'm REALLY glad you vetoed impersonating others. That would essentially render networking useless and ramp the paranoia way too high.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-05-18 at 11:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Rolled a d20. Vote Apogee1

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

CaoimhinTheCape. Heroes and capes have a well established correlation

Edit: Would you believe me if I said I typed this before he voted me?
    Last edited by Apogee1; 2020-05-18 at 09:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

In the Harry Potter game, I learned you can write a fake name (like Wolf #2 or Fred Weasley) instead of your forum name. Is stuff like that allowed?
    (I guess being able to do that should have been obvious, since you can start whatever name you want, but I only learned about QT through these games and set my name there as JeenLeen, and then never thought about changing it. Nor do I know how to do that.)
    I see no reason why you shouldn't. That is allowed.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    CaoimhinTheCape. Heroes and capes have a well established correlation

Edit: Would you believe me if I said I typed this before he voted me?
    I mean, we have the same timestamp for when we posted. That's just some great timing there.

And I have no idea what you're talking about. Capes are for dramatic flair. No correlation to heroes.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-05-18 at 09:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

As the incredibles teach us, capes get heroes killed though. Just saying. Hehehehe.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I feel like lynching AvatarVecna first, every time, is a little unfair.

On this basis, Xihirli. It's only reasonable!
    Yeah, that's fair. Xihirli.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-05-19 at 02:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

RNG says vote for Libro

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still smarting over my death last game, so Valmark for pushing it so hard.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    I'm still smarting over my death last game, so Valmark for pushing it so hard.
    Not my fault I was right :p (yes, I'm not funny I know)

- - - Updated - - -

By the by for the newer players who aren't subscribed to Mafia Capital I suggest doing so. It's the main hub for the games on GitP and current/recruting games are tracked there.

Yes, I know there was a link in the recruitment thread, but that doesn't mean people subscribed to it or red past the rules. I know I hadn't the first time, though that could be me being an idiot >.>

15. - Top - End - #15

the dice gods choose gac3. Your sacrifice is appreciated.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-05-20 at 08:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mourning must be placed aside for vengeance. Once the perpetrators have suffered for their transgressions her Plan may continue.

Thus, the tests of loyalty shall begin. kgato503, how do you plead?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    RNG says vote for Libro
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Rolled a d20. Vote Apogee1
    Consulting mere trinkets? tsk tsk tsk. We have a fiendish oracle in our midst who can gaze into our very souls. I would place my fate in their hands sooner than some bauble that states "Reply hazy, try again".

...Though, I suppose it would be exceedingly foolish for them to reveal themselves now. Divination is a precise art that requires time... let us pray their faith is rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Heroes and capes have a well established correlation
    The correlation is poor fashion sense. Capes are generally gaudy sheets of fabric, which match their garish outfits.
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2020-05-20 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Nulled vote

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Good thing there is no Snowblaze to force me to self-vote :p

Gac3, you're first in list.

Unavenger and AV wolf buddies? (I'm joking) (for now)
    rogue_alchemist's vote is the first one to put 2 votes on somebody (well, besides Xihirli's self-vote, but that doesn't count for analysis purposes.)
    While I can see that as valid, as someone has to start a wagon to get real analysis going, what I don't see as valid is putting a second vote on someone for RNG purposes.

So shifting my vote to rogue_alchemist.
    Even if it was an honest mistake and they missed the vote on gac3... well, honest mistakes can look bad.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-05-20 at 08:04 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

rogue_alchemist's vote is the first one to put 2 votes on somebody (well, besides Xihirli's self-vote, but that doesn't count for analysis purposes.)
    While I can see that as valid, as someone has to start a wagon to get real analysis going, what I don't see as valid is putting a second vote on someone for RNG purposes.

Even if it was an honest mistake and they missed the vote on gac3... well, honest mistakes can look bad.

the dice gods do not care for what others are doing and are chaos incarnate! They must be appeased! (Though, no, I did not see that a vote already existed )
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-05-18 at 11:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Why doesn't my vote count for analysis purposes?
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #20

RedKnightGirl

I never know who to vote for first round and I still feel weird choosing.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like it's usually at the third random vote that one should perk up and wonder what's happening- though yeah, it could be a not-honest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Why doesn't my vote count for analysis purposes?
    Because you're suspicious when you DON'T self vote, honestly.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

the dice gods do not care for what others are doing and are chaos incarnate! They must be appeased! (Though, no, I did not see that a vote already existed )
    That's fair. And, honestly, I almost made the exact same kind of mistake myself before I did my vote on Elenna, so I definitely know it's a mistake that can happen.
    But I hope this should still drive discussion, so I'll leave it on you.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Random seems as good a reason as any to place a second vote at this point, JeenLeen.
    (Unless you are suggesting you have a better reason this early D1? )

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Mourning must be placed aside for vengeance. Once the perpetrators have suffered for their transgressions her Plan may continue.

Thus, the tests of loyalty shall begin. kgato503, how do you plead?

Consulting mere trinkets? tsk tsk tsk. We have a fiendish oracle in our midst who can gaze into our very souls. I would place my fate in their hands sooner than some bauble that states "Reply hazy, try again".

...Though, I suppose it would be exceedingly foolish for them to reveal themselves now. Divination is a precise art that requires time... let us pray their faith is rewarded.

The correlation is poor fashion sense. Capes are generally gaudy sheets of fabric, which match their garish outfits.
    Sliding dramatically, but also subtly and stealthily, out of the shadows, Aventine strikes a pose. After all, what is the point of being a villain if you aren't going to be mysterious and dramatic and edgy?

"With the boss dead, some random and arbitrary murders seem like just the thing to do. Unless you are suggesting we need a reason to kill underlings? How positively...heroic of an attitude."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Amateurs, the lot of you. I've been in the villain game for... sifts through her own bull**** canon for awhile... three thousand years, give or take a universe in which I have been a despot for four eternities.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    "With the boss dead, some random and arbitrary murders seem like just the thing to do. Unless you are suggesting we need a reason to kill underlings? How positively...heroic of an attitude."
    Heroic, bah. I am opposed to wasting resources. Each underling, ourselves included, is a tool to be used to its fullest. Purposeless slaughter creates naught but a mess for the custodial staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Amateurs, the lot of you. I've been in the villain game for... sifts through her own bull**** canon for awhile... three thousand years, give or take a universe in which I have been a despot for four eternities.
    ’Tis true; I know of none on par with you.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to say RogueAlchemist for now. They started a wagon on me because of RNG. People say that a lot but last time it happened it was Snowblaze and he was definitely a wolf then. Will analyze posts a little later to weigh in on any actually suspicious behavior.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

MornShine

Their name sounds particularly heroic.
    I prefer to think of myself as yellow mold. Step on me, and I'll eventually rot your face off.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

I've never met an evil turtle.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to point out that it was more a thought than a plan. Besides it would have only been usable as a wolf.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I would like to point out that it was more a thought than a plan. Besides it would have only been usable as a wolf.
    To be fair, you could impersonate someone else as Town to try and get them lynched just like you could as Wolf. Just... Less sure.