New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    ...why is this a thing that a non-wolf would want to know? *suspicion intensifies*
    because I am trying to find my master and protect him.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Why am I the only one who owns being caught when I'm a wolf? We got you rogue. Good game.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    because I am trying to find my master and protect him.
    What does that have to do with gac being the seer or the spokeperson? You need to protect the Devil? (As in the name of the Seer in this game. Gosh is that confusing)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

End Day Three
    Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

trtl 1 (rogue_alchemist)
    rogue_alchemist 12 (Logan1996, gac3, Lord Athos, trtl, Valmark, CaoimhinTheCape, Elenna, Unavenger, JoyWonderLove, MornShine, Libro)

At first today seemed to be just like before, with no-one knowing what was going on and accusations being thrown wildly around. Many people started to suspect those who had been quietest, until the person claiming to be the Devil announced that they'd slept that night and been unable to carry out their divinations - and that someone had been seen entering their room.

Despite that someone's protests that they'd been trying to protect them, not stop them using their powers, you decide he needs to die. With a frightened yowl, he turns to flee, and it becomes obvious that he's a cute little animal beneath his cloak. As you watch beforehand, you see him (it?) transform from small and cute to a big and... still cute elephant. He gives one last defiant trumpet before being hit by a barrage of weapons and collapsing, dead.

Your joy is short-lived, however, because when you do a head-count to make sure everyone is present you realise that they're not. Someone is missing.

You check all of the rooms, and in one you find a decaying corpse that has clearly been dead for a while. He appears to have been poisoned by person or persons unknown, but you really don't have time to investigate right now. But it's concerning to say the least that you've lost one of your most valuable allies...

rogue_alchemist was lynched. He was the Animal Sidekick.

Spoiler: rogue_alchemist's role PM
    Show

rogue_alchemist, you are the Animal Sidekick: No-one ever notices you, but you can slip around at night and figure out what the villains are up to. Each night, you may select a player, and you will be told who they targeted with their night action, if they had one.

bc56 was auto-lynched. He was the Bodyguard.
    Spoiler: bc56's role PM
    Show

bc56, you are the Bodyguard. You win with the villains (town) when the heroes (wolves) are dead.

Your one task was to keep the Evil Mastermind alive. You failed. Now you're determined to do anything you can to avenge her death and keep her successor alive.

Each night, you may select a player. Any night-kills targeting that player will fail. You will be told when you successfully protected someone. You may protect yourself, but may not target the same player two nights in a row.

[redacted]

Good luck and have fun!

Begin Night Three, which will end at 2pm GMT on Saturday.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

I mean... rogue was saying the truth stating they didn't roleblock anybody.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

So someone else did that then.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh. After they claimed to me I was thinking they were the animal companion.

I have claims from everyone though so tomorrow will be interesting.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

You should probably leave them to someone you trust, given that you are the likely wolf target tonight

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    You should probably leave them to someone you trust, given that you are the likely wolf target tonight
    That won't be a problem. I've been sharing everything I get with the network I set up with AV. To be fair, most of the claims happened in QTs AV set up. That said, I'm not worried about it.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

End Night Three

Another night, another death. Although perhaps not the one you were expecting: the person claiming to be the Devil is still alive, and instead one of their most trusted allies has fallen. You discover the body of Logan1996 in a hallway. It appears they were stabbed as they were visiting someone, and you soon realise that was what they liked to do: wake people up in the middle of the night to annoy them. A relief though it is to those of you who value your sleep, it's still another villain dead and more heroes still out there... time to hunt them down.

Logan1996 was killed. They were the Villain Next Door. (Yes, I am running out of ideas for death scenes. Sorry, Logan.)
    Spoiler: Logan1996's role PM
    Show

Logan1996, you are the Villain Next Door. You win with the villains (town) when the heroes (wolves) have been eliminated. You may drive people insane, but at least they’ll recognise you. No-one else is capable of being quite as annoying as you are.

Each night, you may target one player. They will receive a message saying "Logan1996 is the Villain Next Door, a town-aligned role".

[redacted]

Good luck and have fun!

Begin Day Four, which will end at 2pm GMT on Monday.

Also, returning the favour Valmark did me when this was recruiting and shamelessly plugging his currently recruiting game (due to start Tuesday, I believe... no pressure!): https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...eware-of-Bites!

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

I got a scry result tonight. I believe the wolves have stolen a vote and are going to go for broke on a mislynch to end the game.
    However, that would be difficult to finagle. I got a result for Logan1996, meaning that if Gac's directions were accurate they probably ended up taking a vote from one of their own, resulting in the same net number of votes on each side.
    But that's only if Mornshine is a wolf, of course.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-05-31 at 12:50 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna wait for gac3 just in case.

And yeah, it should start Tuesday (2nd of May) with recruitment ending on Monday (1st of May)

To get the game approved one first created the game thread then PMs a mod right?

- - - Updated - - -

I meant June, not May.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Gonna wait for gac3 just in case.

And yeah, it should start Tuesday (2nd of May) with recruitment ending on Monday (1st of May)

To get the game approved one first created the game thread then PMs a mod right?

- - - Updated - - -

I meant June, not May.
    Glad to know there’s no time travel going on! And the PMing the mods part isn’t essential, I didn’t bother with it.

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose I should explain my power, since the wolves used it today and we might have to fight it: I target someone in the night, and the next day their vote counts as 0 and mine counts as 2. I targeted Mornshine in the night, so if a vortexer exchanged my power with the Traitor's in the night I'm basically only voided (if Mornshine is a wolf)

Here's what I think the wolves did:
    We know Xi has vote manipulation and the town network requires that we control the lynch today, town has too much info.
    Traitor, target the person we're killing so we don't give town a useful scry and I, the... Ally? will swap your power with Xihirli and we'll hope Xi targets a townie so they get -1 and we get +1, giving us control over the lynch.

So if Mornshine is town, the game is already over. If Mornshine is a wolf, we need everybody on that wagon.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, Mornshine, then.
    Last edited by Lord Athos; 2020-05-31 at 01:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Xihirli is wrong. Going to a party. Also waiting on one of my network to weigh in. Will report back in a few hours with a full list of who is and isn't a wolf as well as all of my evidence. I can even provide their role names.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Question Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

Currently assuming TheCape is a wolf. Have been for a few pages now. Only throwing it out there not because I really care about adding to debate right now, just want to see how wrong I am, especially compared to the teamwork of an entire town network. I'm also dimly guessing Xihirli and Elanna are as well, but I'm less confident about them.

Really, just waiting to see where I'm wrong at this point.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Remaining players:
    gac3
    Unavenger
    Lord Athos
    Valmark
    JoyWonderLove
    Elenna
    Xihirli
    Libro
    trtl
    CaoimhinTheCape
    MornShine

Town:
    Gac3
    Unavenge
    Lord Athos
    Elenna
    Xihirli
    Trtl

Neutral:
    Valmark
    JoyWonderLove

Wolves:
    Libro (Traitor)
    Caoimhinthecape (Hero)
    Mornshine (Ally)

So most of the town was easy. Nearly all claimed known roles and weren't counter claimed.
    Two were difficult. Elenna claimed a role not in the OP. But then she outed Rogue Alchemist. Sadly her power was a one use power. The second one (not revealing who yet) was because of a counter claim.

So how did I settle the counter claim? Easy. Libro and [REDACTED] both claimed Loyal Deputy. I knew a Scry wouldn't settle it. The list would be the traitor who based on fluff text would Scry as town. So I got both to send me exactly what their role text was. They were convincing. There were two things to tip me off. The power [REDACTED] claimed was the ability to ask snowblaze a single yes/no question. I had them ask if one of the other suspects was a wolf. Libro claimed to have an extra vote. Libros claim makes less sense. Also even sneakier, I have recieved several full text claims by now. Libro's wording was great. Right on the money for how Snowblaze has been sending it. Sadly the formatting was incorrect while the other claim was proper. So therefore, Libro is the Traitor.

The other two were merely the last two who hadn't had their role proven in some way. That kind of automatically made them the remaining wolves (with Elenna the only other option).

Cape is the Hero because they claimed to be a neutral who had to lynch the hero and then would become town. Convincing claim. Until Elenna ratted out Rogue, I had to realize Cape was the last one. Their obsession with whether or not I found the hero was a big tip off.

MShine was also easy. Last one left. Claimed a "hide behind other people" role. Claimed only night kills could get them. That last part felt weird. They were the last person though. We should kill them first because they are the Ally (if everything else I found is accurate) and therefore they must be the one who role blocked me.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-05-31 at 12:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

So... MornShine then.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-01 at 07:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Mornshine, then.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I suppose I should explain my power, since the wolves used it today and we might have to fight it: I target someone in the night, and the next day their vote counts as 0 and mine counts as 2. I targeted Mornshine in the night, so if a vortexer exchanged my power with the Traitor's in the night I'm basically only voided (if Mornshine is a wolf)

Here's what I think the wolves did:
    We know Xi has vote manipulation and the town network requires that we control the lynch today, town has too much info.
    Traitor, target the person we're killing so we don't give town a useful scry and I, the... Ally? will swap your power with Xihirli and we'll hope Xi targets a townie so they get -1 and we get +1, giving us control over the lynch.

So if Mornshine is town, the game is already over. If Mornshine is a wolf, we need everybody on that wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Remaining players:
    gac3
    Unavenger
    Lord Athos
    Valmark
    JoyWonderLove
    Elenna
    Xihirli
    Libro
    trtl
    CaoimhinTheCape
    MornShine

Town:
    Gac3
    Unavenge
    Lord Athos
    Elenna
    Xihirli
    Trtl

Neutral:
    Valmark
    JoyWonderLove

Wolves:
    Libro (Traitor)
    Caoimhinthecape (Hero)
    Mornshine (Ally)
    It doesn't really matter, but I'd just like to point out that there's no way the wolves could control the vote today. Even if Morn were Town, Town would go down to 5 votes and Wolves up to 4 votes. I think.

That's without factoring the Neutrals who are Town sided since no wolf tried to make any kind of arrangement.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Xihirli was incorrect.

1. They thought their power was stolen which would mean -1 town vote. +1 wolf vote.

2. They assume we can't trust the neutrals

3. That math puts it at 5 town and 6 wolves if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure all of those assumptions are in correct. Logan was a friendly neighbor role. So xihirli didn't get Scry results. Logan just targetted them.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, if you assume me and Joy aren't voting against the wolves then yes it could go badly. But at least with me they made no effort to contact me so...

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

If I were in there the wolves would have been doing Neutral recruitment yesterday.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    If I were in there the wolves would have been doing Neutral recruitment yesterday.
    Funny enough, rogue did set up a QT between me and the wolves before dying.

You saw them? I didn't.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

So the way I see this, we control the vote today.
    Right now its 6:2:3 (T:N:W)

Here are the options as I see them:

Spoiler: If I am right about everything
    Show
    We lynch Mornshine 6:2:2
    Someone dies tonight. Probably me, but maybe not. I should have died ages ago. 5:2:2 (we still control the vote)
    We lynch Cape 5:2:1
    Another death that night 4:2:1 (we still control the vote)
    We lynch Libro [Victory]

Spoiler: If I am wrong about the Loyal Deputy
    Show

We lynch Mornshine 6:2:2
    Someone dies tonight. Probably me, but maybe not. I should have died ages ago. 5:2:2 (we still control the vote)
    We lynch Cape 5:2:1
    Another death that night 4:2:1 (we still control the vote)
    We lynch Libro 3:2:1
    Another death 2:2:1 (We only control the vote if neutrals stay with us)
    Victory or defeat when we lynch the proper fake loyal deputy

Spoiler: If I am wrong about Cape/Elenna
    Show

We lynch Mornshine 5:3:2
    Someone dies tonight. Probably me, but maybe not. I should have died ages ago. 4:3:2 (we lose control of the vote if the neutrals vote against us and therefore lose, if they don't then it continues as follows)
    We lynch Cape 4:2:2
    Another death that night 3:2:2 (Same logic as above)
    We lynch Elenna 3:2:1
    Another death 2:2:1 (same logic as above)
    Lynch Libro [Victory]

Spoiler: Somehow I'm wrong about everything
    Show

We lose unless new information comes to light. Some how the wolves played a masterful game. I applaud them.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-05-30 at 10:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Barbarian in the Playground

mad Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

And so begins another day. Prithee, oracle, what have you found?

Wolves:
    Libro (Traitor)
    What?

So how did I settle the counter claim? Easy. Libro and [REDACTED] both claimed Loyal Deputy. I knew a Scry wouldn't settle it. The list would be the traitor who based on fluff text would Scry as town. So I got both to send me exactly what their role text was. They were convincing. There were two things to tip me off. The power [REDACTED] claimed was the ability to ask snowblaze a single yes/no question. I had them ask if one of the other suspects was a wolf. Libro claimed to have an extra vote. Libros claim makes less sense. Also even sneakier, I have recieved several full text claims by now. Libro's wording was great. Right on the money for how Snowblaze has been sending it. Sadly the formatting was incorrect while the other claim was proper. So therefore, Libro is the Traitor.
    FALSEHOOD.

I was our master's dedicated servant since I was bound upon the material plane. All my power has been funneled into seeing the Plan come to pass, and in a fortnight it can be. The culmination of lifetimes of work will be laid bare and the world will tremble before us.

Release the name of the pretender. A hero's reckoning is at hand, and the hosts of heaven shall not save them from damnation.

Spoiler: Out-of-character
    Show
    The above is roleplay/fluff text of my own design, but my point is that [REDACTED] is lying.

Give their name to town and we 100% got a hero to lynch.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

For reference, my role:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze
    MornShine, you are the Cowardly Villain. You win with the villains (town) when the heroes (wolves) are dead. You’ve always been good at hiding, at staying under the radar. It’s about time you put these fine-tuned abilities to good use keeping yourself alive.

Each night, you may choose to hide, becoming immune to all night actions except kills.

Your additional win condition is to successfully hide from at least two night actions targeting you.

Good luck and have fun!
    This is what I claimed to gac3, though I left out the additional win condition, as, understandably, it didn't seem relevant or likely to happen.

All right, I'm going to summarize the situation to see if I have it right.

Xihirli claims that her power is to steal a vote from someone. She targeted me last night. However, somehow, her power was "vortexed"-- I'm a bit unclear on what that means-- and now, instead of her getting my vote, a wolf does.

Okay, reading over the post for a third time, it appears that her power was exchanged with the Traitors, but without changing targets? Or something? Point is, wolves have stolen my vote, and Xi hasn't.

Now, Gac3's analysis basically has me as the wolf because I was the last one who claimed and because I claimed a non-OP role. Fair enough, I suppose. However, there are significantly fewer Town roles in the OP than there are people remaining, and naturally no-one would have claimed a Wolf role-- so even with the aforementioned counter-claim, there must have been someone who also claimed a non-OP role. My math may well be off, though.

Because the Cape was obsessed with whether they found the hero, they're the hero. Sure, fine. But I don't understand why I, rather than Libro, am the Ally vs. the Traitor. There doesn't really seem to be any reason for that-- unless, wait, someone scried Libro and they were Town, which is the implication.

So, in conclusion, your conclusion hinges on Gac's predictions and scries being correct-- but it is, nonetheless, reasonable.

Except I'm not a wolf.

I'm really unsure of how to convince anyone, save for the fact that the only reason that I am here is that everyone else isn't-- no-one claimed to have scried me, or authenticated or disproved my role in any way.

Now, here's the thing: I used my power the other night. This means that I still have a vote-- after all, I'm immune to Xi's stolen power. If you insist on lynching me, then, well, that's it for the town-- I lose either way.

I have a vote, and I'll put it to good use: targeting one of the others who, by what Gac3 claims, is certain to be a wolf; CaoimhintheCape. The Hero is worth more than the Traitor, by my evaluation, and the supicion on Libro feels a bit flimsy.

If you have a better suggestion, though, I'm all ears-- so long as, naturally, it isn't me.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post
    For reference, my role:

This is what I claimed to gac3, though I left out the additional win condition, as, understandably, it didn't seem relevant or likely to happen.

All right, I'm going to summarize the situation to see if I have it right.

Xihirli claims that her power is to steal a vote from someone. She targeted me last night. However, somehow, her power was "vortexed"-- I'm a bit unclear on what that means-- and now, instead of her getting my vote, a wolf does.

Okay, reading over the post for a third time, it appears that her power was exchanged with the Traitors, but without changing targets? Or something? Point is, wolves have stolen my vote, and Xi hasn't.

Now, Gac3's analysis basically has me as the wolf because I was the last one who claimed and because I claimed a non-OP role. Fair enough, I suppose. However, there are significantly fewer Town roles in the OP than there are people remaining, and naturally no-one would have claimed a Wolf role-- so even with the aforementioned counter-claim, there must have been someone who also claimed a non-OP role. My math may well be off, though.

Because the Cape was obsessed with whether they found the hero, they're the hero. Sure, fine. But I don't understand why I, rather than Libro, am the Ally vs. the Traitor. There doesn't really seem to be any reason for that-- unless, wait, someone scried Libro and they were Town, which is the implication.

So, in conclusion, your conclusion hinges on Gac's predictions and scries being correct-- but it is, nonetheless, reasonable.

Except I'm not a wolf.

I'm really unsure of how to convince anyone, save for the fact that the only reason that I am here is that everyone else isn't-- no-one claimed to have scried me, or authenticated or disproved my role in any way.

Now, here's the thing: I used my power the other night. This means that I still have a vote-- after all, I'm immune to Xi's stolen power. If you insist on lynching me, then, well, that's it for the town-- I lose either way.

I have a vote, and I'll put it to good use: targeting one of the others who, by what Gac3 claims, is certain to be a wolf; CaoimhintheCape. The Hero is worth more than the Traitor, by my evaluation, and the supicion on Libro feels a bit flimsy.

If you have a better suggestion, though, I'm all ears-- so long as, naturally, it isn't me.
    Xi was apparently wrong about the scry thing - Logan used their power on Xi last night, so Xi got a message stating Logan's role name and faction as per Logan's role. But Xi thought that was a scry result, so she thought she was vortexed. You can ignore that whole thing about her vote/power being stolen.

As for you being accused, I'm not part of the main town network, so I can't say for sure, but I got the impression from gac's post that the only people who claimed roles not in the OP were me, you, and Cape. I know I'm town, and I see no reason not to follow gac and try to get the Ally instead of the Hero, since a roleblock will be a lot more annoying for town at this point than a wolf scry.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm working on something. Because I'm thinking about things. I'm moving my vote. Caiohminthe Cape.

He is now the one I'm most confident about.

Exit: currently trying to do math. I would like to try to split the vote though.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-05-31 at 12:54 AM.