New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I'm going to start my vote with Xihiril. In part because I'm not sure who to vote for and expect to change this later. In part because I don't like their reasoning for voting Valmark. In part because I want to see what these mysterious submissions were for their death
    Other people have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    saying D1 is just lolrandom with no value isn't wolfy, just wrong. JWL will learn the usefulness of D1 in time, but it's not necessarily a reason to string them up.

I'm working on stuff for a different game, so I'm gonna be a bit distracted for the next ~12 hours, so I'll just put a placeholder vote on an inactive. Let's say...kgato503. No, I haven't actually checked to be sure that kgato hasn't posted much this game. Call it a hunch.

EDIT: Wait I'm an idiot with a bad memory. kgato died yesterday didn't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Logan1996 then.
    I’m sure Vecna has. And this isn’t like you, Vecna. I’m shocked, shocked I tell you, that you would forget about Kgato’s death when you’ve discussed it. It’s almost like you don’t care who died D1 as long as it wasn’t one of your buddies.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Yeah, I'm not generally a fan of posts that talk about how the wagon they're on is suspicious but then don't switch... Could be a wolf trying to make excuses in advance for being on a townie?
    Voting gac for now (see below), but I'd be down to switch to Duck.

Yeah, I also don't see where Jeen said kgato is useful? If anything they talk about how they're okay with kgato's death:

Also, for clarity, here's the gac post in question:

I remember assuming this was a joke vote (because obviously roles are randomly generated, the probability of someone being a wolf has nothing to do with their past history), but it kind of does read like a serious comment actually?

If it was serious, it's definitely bad logic. But there's a lot of bad logic going around D1, because there isn't much to go on. Both town and wolves can make bad arguments, it only becomes suspicious if you think a wolf is making a false argument on purpose to try to manipulate the lynch. And at the time, the biggest wagons were kgato and Aventine, who are both known townies, so there's no particular reason a wolf would want to make up bad logic just to push one of those wagons. So I'm reading this as a null tell.

This, on the other hand, I'm not a big fan of. Similar to Duck's comment, the part about voting for Xihirli but expecting to change it later feels like a wolf hoping for a townie lynch without any good evidence, but not wanting to look bad for pushing a lynch on a townie.
    Also, if gac is lynched we might be able to use their flip to get some information from the D1 voting patterns.
    gac3, what are you expecting to happen that causes you to move off Xihirli? Also, can you explain why you didn't like their reasoning for voting Valmark?
    I'm expecting to have more evidence than "I don't like this single peice of logic". My point was to convey that I had yet to finish any analysis that would lead to a wolf suspect but I am investigating a train of thought. Like a pressure vote.

The reason for not liking the Valmark vote is that Valmarks reaction was a legitimate concern. Then it got shot down and explained. It didn't sound wolfy at all to me.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-05-22 at 10:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Other people have done it.

I’m sure Vecna has. And this isn’t like you, Vecna. I’m shocked, shocked I tell you, that you would forget about Kgato’s death when you’ve discussed it. It’s almost like you don’t care who died D1 as long as it wasn’t one of your buddies.
    Other people have done it what? You mean the placeholder vote?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Gotten death scenes ready.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Oh that. Yeah, Snow said that during Night 1.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

It was a joke because snow said yours were interesting.
    All in all "research" was less helpful than expected. I was going to say that people who switched off of kgato after his claim were less likely to be wolves because it came so close to the end of the day it's easy to say you missed it due to work/sleep.
    That said of the five that were voting kgato at the time, me, Logan, Xihiril, duck, and Libro, only Libro changed. So I expect Libro isn't a wolf. I am not a wolf. I have reason to believe Logan isn't a wolf (but could be wrong). That said it's a good chance Xihiril or duck might be wolves but I doubt they both are. I wouldn't expect more than one on a wagon at that point in the game.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Placing a placeholder/poke vote on Duck999. My internet went on the fritz earlier this evening, so I want to register a vote just in case the modem decides to die this weekend

I’ll aim to do a proper post with evaluation and roleplay in the morning.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I'm very much not a fan of how quiet it is so far.

(Isn't the game normally a chaotic mess by now? Which one of you slackers is usually responsible for causing chaos and is flying under the radar this game, huh??!!! )

Duck999: Libro
    gac3: Elenna
    JeenLeen: JoyWonderLove
    JoyWonderLove: JeenLeen
    Logan1996: AvatarVecna
    Mornshine: Valmark
    Valmark: Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape
    Xihirli: gac3

Y'know, it's really weird. I didn't even initiate any networking this game, but I've already got 7 people who've claimed something to me. That's weird, right?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Can confirm that AV's vote count is accurate, and also that I'm getting bored without you posting stuff to amuse me: seriously, the day's nearly half over and nine people haven't even posted anything in thread!
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest, with Snow the narrator and Aventine dead we are down two talkative people already. And Xi's even been more active then usual, I think?

- - - Updated - - -

And Apogee also, I think

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Making a note to myself to ISO a couple...interesting people.

I would like to point out that it was more a thought than a plan. Besides it would have only been usable as a wolf.
    A quick glance over the thread as a whole didn't have too many posts jump out at me, but this one did.

Snowblaze: "This tactic isn't allowed. That includes you gac."

gac3: "I wasn't planning on it, just considering it. Besides only a wolf would consider it."

Scumslip?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    To be honest, with Snow the narrator and Aventine dead we are down two talkative people already. And Xi's even been more active then usual, I think?
    Their are eight living players with fewer posts than kgato

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

A quick glance over the thread as a whole didn't have too many posts jump out at me, but this one did.

gac3: "I wasn't planning on it, just considering it. Besides only a wolf would consider it."
    Wording! Snow said that it was gac's plan. The plan they asked in the recruitment thread when nobody had roles yet.
    I think, I'm going back to double check.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Wording! Snow said that it was gac's plan. The plan they asked in the recruitment thread when nobody had roles yet.
    If true, that'd assuage my suspicion a bit. I've got at least one other good reason to be suspicious, but I'd prefer to build an actual case before saying anything...but then, they're not my strongest lean right now.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Double checking, gac expressed the doubt back in the recruitment thread but nothing specifies when it was asked. I'm guessing gac asked back then, but it's just a guess.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah, I recall Gac asking, although "Oh it would only have worked as wolf, woe is me I can't use this because I'm not a wolf" could be LAMISTy, I'm not totally convinced. *Shrug*.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Yeah, I recall Gac asking, although "Oh it would only have worked as wolf, woe is me I can't use this because I'm not a wolf" could be LAMISTy, I'm not totally convinced. *Shrug*.
    LAMISTy means? I've heard WIFOM, FoS, CFD and OMGUS until now, not that.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

And Xi's even been more active then usual, I think?
    Well, I am evil.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Look At Me I'm So Towny

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm having trouble reading gac3. Their almost-death D1, and some of their stuff has value to analysis, but I'm having trouble finding the time to really DO the analysis. That, and others' responses.

Though I don't think gac3's scheme is any evidence against him. He thought of it during recruitment, and it was ruled out in the opening post, near the bottom
    Quote Originally Posted by post 1 by Snowblaze
    1. No impersonating other people in QTs. (This was gac3's plan. It is not allowed. Don't do it.)
    I find it odd there's no strong wagons yet. Wolves hoping we're lynch ourselves? I don't see any strong reason to suspect Valmark.
    Anyway, I hope to have some time to be online tonight, after the kids are in bed. Weekends are hard for me.

What's FoS, CFD< and OMGUS?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I'm having trouble reading gac3. Their almost-death D1, and some of their stuff has value to analysis, but I'm having trouble finding the time to really DO the analysis. That, and others' responses.

Though I don't think gac3's scheme is any evidence against him. He thought of it during recruitment, and it was ruled out in the opening post, near the bottom

I find it odd there's no strong wagons yet. Wolves hoping we're lynch ourselves? I don't see any strong reason to suspect Valmark.
    Anyway, I hope to have some time to be online tonight, after the kids are in bed. Weekends are hard for me.

FoS is Finger of Suspicion, basically telling people you're keeping an eye on them.

CFD... either Aventine or Duck explained the acronym, but I can't recall it. It basically means a mass movent of a wagon (or on) like Aventine said to do when kgato claimed. At least I think that is what she meant.

OMGUS... uh, suddenly I don't remember it.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Finger Of Suspicion is signalling your suspicion without changing your vote.

Chinese Fire Drill is when wagons change in large and sudden ways. Sometimes it's a sign of shenanigans afoot, sometimes a call goes out for one to occur as a reaction to a claim/counterclaim.

OMG U Suck. Is typically used to refer to revenge-votes - votes that look like "you're voting me? only somebody bad at the game or trying to hurt town would try to lynch an obvious townie like me! you're either bad or a wolf, so Im gonna vote you".

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #172
    Halfling in the Playground

(Isn't the game normally a chaotic mess by now? Which one of you slackers is usually responsible for causing chaos and is flying under the radar this game, huh??!!! )

Duck999: Libro
    gac3: Elenna
    JeenLeen: JoyWonderLove
    JoyWonderLove: JeenLeen
    Logan1996: AvatarVecna
    Mornshine: Valmark
    Valmark: Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape
    Xihirli: gac3

Y'know, it's really weird. I didn't even initiate any networking this game, but I've already got 7 people who've claimed something to me. That's weird, right?

Thanks for the vote count. What is this networking stuff? This is only my second game and I'm still trying to figure stuff out.

JoyWonderLove because I don't have any suspicions and Valmark has enough votes for now, JowWonderLove has the next most compelling case against them.
    I prefer to think of myself as yellow mold. Step on me, and I'll eventually rot your face off.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

You know what, yes. The lack of activity tells me that the wolves are happy with Valmark taking the L so let's see if they do anything to save JoyWonderLove, my best friend.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-05-23 at 03:49 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Not me! I'm always a slacker.

Very.

On another note, I don't like the wagon (and by wagon I mean all of two votes) on Valmark. With a game this quiet, I think we should keep Valmark around for a little more. He tends to do good analysis and the reason for voting him isn't that strong. Obviously he could be a wolf, but if he's not I think he's too valuable to lynch on what we have.

For now at least, I'll vote Xihirli. She pointed at Valmark early on and then didn't engage in discussion about her logic when Valmark refuted it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Xihirli changing votes. I stand by my vote because she still hasn't engaged in the discussion about her initial vote, instead just switching wagons for unrelated reasons. Not enough activity so you just switch your vote to someone else seemingly at random? Not a fan.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2020-05-23 at 11:09 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

I’m a fan.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Scumslip?

- - - Updated - - -

Their are eight living players with fewer posts than kgato
    Double checking, gac expressed the doubt back in the recruitment thread but nothing specifies when it was asked. I'm guessing gac asked back then, but it's just a guess.
    Okay. Looks like this has been clarified. But I mentioned it in recruitment and Snowblaze specifically asked me in my QT while we waited for thread approval.

Did I miss the case against JoyWonderLove? In either case they are the wagon that hasn't claimed to me so I'm more inclined towards them.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-05-23 at 04:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Did I miss the case against JoyWonderLoce? In either case they are the wagon that hasn't claimed to me so I'm more inclined towards them.
    The case against Joy is mostly from JeenLeen and myself. Trtl liked the reasons and Xihirli wanted to see if anyone would jump in to save Joy.

Side note, your spelling of Joy's name is wrong. I assume the vote still counts, but just a heads up.

But, looking at the votes (and justifications for votes) that were on Aventine, JoyWonderLove looks the most suspicious. Aventine already questioned JWL's logic, and, as Aventine flipped Town, I'm inclined to believe their surprise at the logic.
    As for myself, the fact that Ave flipped town made the quote below look funny to me. Saying that someone is a good player right after voting them is not necessarily a tell but it seems like a reason Joy would want Ave killed at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    So, I guess Aventine until I have a better idea? Aventine is good at bringing together all the quotes of people, so everyone can have a better idea of a player's thoughts and feelings. And that's neat mid and later game. But earlier game, until I have a better idea who to vote for, we can gamble on the lose?
    You think I'm useful in mid- and late-game, therefore you're willing to risk killing me early? I don't follow.

Vote: JoyWonderLove. It's by no means a bulletproof case but I think I like it better than any of the other wagons.

- The JeenLeen vote was because Jeen voted a claimed Murderer after saying it was a useful role.
    - Vote on Logan was for being inactive.
    - Vote on MornShine for being inactive.
    - Vote on gac was for info about D1 voting patterns and his vote on Xihirli
    - Placeholder vote on Duck
    - Xihirli was a placeholder for gac, then Duck's vote was for her voting Valmark but not discussing the logic behind it.

Weird that so many votes left hanging are placeholders/prods, especially since this is when we should be consolidating and making wagons. As far as I can tell the only wagons with reasons behind them are Joy/Jeen/gac/Xihirli and only one has really taken off as of today.

We also have a lot of people not voting/absent plus three placeholder votes, which I'm worried about - either the wolves can easily control the town or they're hiding and letting us knock off each other.

Quote Originally Posted by trtl View Post
    What is this networking stuff? This is only my second game and I'm still trying to figure stuff out.
    Per the rules, people are allowed to communicate privately outside of thread (as long as Snowblaze the GM is included). Most often this comes in the form of QTs but could be a bunch of private messages if you want your inbox to be constantly full. (Actually, I think Snow specifically asked to make Quick Topics instead of Private Messages).

A couple games ago (Harry Potter Mafia) AV organized the town by sending out private chats to a bunch of people guessing their role and initiating conversations. It very much worked out for the town, especially since AV was a role that could be verified by a second source (in that game AV was a mason, the other mason could confirm his identity).

It can be helpful, but if the person everyone reveals to is mafia or neutral, it could go very very badly.

Duck999 (1): Libro
    gac3 (1): Elenna
    JeenLeen (1): JoyWonderLove
    JoyWonderLove (5): JeenLeen, trtl, Xihirli, gac3, CaoimhinTheCape
    Logan1996 (1): AvatarVecna
    Mornshine (1): Valmark
    Xihirli (1): Duck999

Not Voting: Unavenger, Lord Athos, rogue_alchemist, Bc56, MornShine, Logan1996

28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Lightbulb Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

JoyWonderLove, you are a Feuding Villain, a neutral. At this stage you’ve long since given up caring about the stupid Plan. All you care about is finally eliminating each other, and this is the perfect opportunity to do that.

I actually already know exactly who the other Villian is. We've even been talking semi-casually in a quicktopic that person made. So, hiya.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-05-23 at 03:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

WolfInSheepsClothing

What I find a little odd is that gac3 would jump on a wagon in the same sentence as proclaiming his non-comprehension of the case for that wagon.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

I, too, find that odd. gac3 really does read to me like somebody just coasting by and putting in a vote because it's expected. And with the claim on Joy I'm good fire drilling onto Gac.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-05-23 at 08:17 PM.