New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    This is the second of trtl's two posts. Maybe you can excuse it for newness, but there is a point where you can't just let the new people go on that.
    Fair enough, honestly I just feel like I don't have much to contribute. My thoughts on the current wagons:

Duck999: maybe I missed something, but the reasoning for this wagon seemed to be 1) he defended the feuding villains (an argument I agree with) and "mostly to give the best chances I'll get an actual response on my post before EoD" Both of these feel weak, so I'll pass.

gac3: we had a wagon on him yesterday and nobody made any strong effort to defend him, either he is town or his fellow wolves were patient. Neither one would be very surprising, but I feel it tips gac3 just a little bit to the side of town.

JeenLeen: I kind of agree with this one, I didn't really follow any of the arguments for killing kgato after he claimed (but before the counterclaim).

JoyWonderLove: Meh... I'm moving my vote, nothing has really happened since JeenLeen posted about JoyWonderLove, and I already said I'm suspicious of JeenLeen.

Mornshine: I don't understand this one at all, lol. Nothing very suspicious or reasurring over here in my eyes.

Xihirli: The evidence against Xihirli seems to be that she has been more active than usual. Firstly I don't have enough prior experience with Xihirli to confirm or deny that. Secondly, I'm no sure of that makes them more likely wolf or more likely town. Besides, there can be other explanations for more or less activity. For example, my role doesn't give me any additional information, so I don't really feel the need to post as much as I would if I was, say, the seer.
    I prefer to think of myself as yellow mold. Step on me, and I'll eventually rot your face off.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

We got the response (surprisingly), so I'm down to switch to Jeenleen at this point just in a desperate attempt at self-preservation.

Assuming I die today, I think it's worth it to look at some of the people who just jumped on wagons today (which there were many of). I feel like despite all that happened, it isn't that bad a day for flying under the radar if you were trying to.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Man this holiday weekend (in the US) kills me on my games. Especially ones like this that a lot happens without me being there. I have tried to catch up and read 2 days worth of posts, but it can get kinda muddled. It seems the argument against JeenLeen is the best one to me. I will try to check back before voting ends to see if new evidence comes to light. Rolls without much info are the hardest to play, but here we are. At least in this game (as opposed to X-men, where I felt completely lost and abused) I can follow more of what is going on in this thread.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

2 hours to checkpoint, and 2 highly inactive people (plus Duck, who was inactive prior to getting wagoned) emerge out of the woodwork and pull a CFD. Oh yeah, that's real legit.

Duck999

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I agree.
    Duck999

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    2 hours to checkpoint, and 2 highly inactive people (plus Duck, who was inactive prior to getting wagoned) emerge out of the woodwork and pull a CFD. Oh yeah, that's real legit.
    Honestly, that's my thinking too. Vote: Duck999

Even with AV's logic against picking one of the feuding villains, I feel like we should try to solve that sooner rather than later. You're saying that if we kill one, the other will work with the wolves but we'd still have that issue now - if we get to a tipping point and wolves+Feuding Villain is majority, that just leaves two options to join the wolves rather than one.

But with one hour left I don't see anything changing.

Duck, do you have any last minute claim?

And now we have a quick push toward Duck. Still happy with my vote but people suddenly coming out of nowhere is the same thing that made me switch.

I don't like Joy claiming and then basically disappearing. AV, you asked for any other fueding villain claim be private to you, have you heard anything?

Unavenger is still on gac despite all of this. I don't like it but I'll assume that's more from inactivity than actually wanting gac lynched. Jeen hasn't been around to pick a side either now that Joy is not on the block.

Bc56 is now the only inactive who would be up for autolynch.

Votecount

JoyWonderLove 1 (JeenLeen)
    JeenLeen 4 (JoyWonderLove, trtl, Duck999, rogue_alchemist)
    Gac3 1 (Unavenger)
    Duck999 8 (Libro, Xihirli, Valmark, Elenna, MornShine, AvatarVecna, Lord Athos, CaoimhinTheCape)
    Xihirli 2 (gac3, Logan1996)

Not voting: bc56
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-05-24 at 07:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Even with AV's logic against picking one of the feuding villains, I feel like we should try to solve that sooner rather than later. You're saying that if we kill one, the other will work with the wolves but we'd still have that issue now - if we get to a tipping point and wolves+Feuding Villain is majority, that just leaves two options to join the wolves rather than one.
    The logic I presented against the feuding villains was deliberately faulty in a couple different ways, although this wasn't one of them. If town collectively agrees to not lynch the Feuding Villains, and instead hunts for wolves elsewhere, neither of them wants that. They each want the other dead before all town or all wolves are eliminated. If town won't do it, and murderer can't do it, that drives the Feuding Villains into the arms of the wolves anyway.

This was a pretty big hole in my initial argument, and it (among others) was put there because I wanted to see if Duck would point out the inconsistency in my thinking even though we were both arguing in JWL's defense. He did not. This hasn't made me feel any better about JWL, really.

And now we have a quick push toward Duck. Still happy with my vote but people suddenly coming out of nowhere is the same thing that made me switch.
    Agreed. It's making me twitchy, although at the same time if the three of us switch to anybody (except JeenLeen), Duck still gets lynched. Granted, my private conversation with Lord Athos is making me feel better about them, but still.

I don't like Joy claiming and then basically disappearing. AV, you asked for any other fueding villain claim be private to you, have you heard anything?
    I haven't heard anything from anybody in that regard. Privately, Valmark has said that the text of JWL's claim matches Valmark's own role QT precisely, but it's possible Valmark is lying to me about that?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-05-24 at 08:03 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #248

I haven't heard anything from anybody in that regard. Privately, Valmark has said that the text of JWL's claim matches Valmark's own role QT precisely, but it's possible Valmark is lying to me about that?
    It's maybe possible that Val is already working with wolves and gave JWL the info needed to save them? That feels like a stretch though, so unless someone else claimed Feuding Villain I'm inclined to believe it's the two of them.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Apologies, I had business to attend. Deaths create far too much paperwork.

It would seem there was quite a stir in my absence, now as to what has transpired...

Spoiler: quick reads...
    Show
    1. gac3 - Null read, just can't seem to figure them out.
    2. AvatarVecna - If AV puts in this level of effort, I'm inclined to believe they're town. This is with Midwest Mafia/WW as a reference.
    3. Unavenger - null read.
    4. Lord Athos - mild town lean
    5. Valmark - likely feuding villain #1, neutral
    6. JoyWonderLove - likely feuding villain #2, neutral.
    7. Elenna - relatively inactive, mild town lean
    8. Xihirli - The day Xihirli is an easy read is the day before the apocalypse comes.
    9. JeenLeen - inactive, difficult read. neutral maybe
    10. Libro - Town and loving it. Would have been more involved this day phase if the last 24 hours weren't comprised of home improvement and sleep.
    11. trtl - likely hero if Duck flips, based on last minute vote
    12. Duck999 - Compounded with the 2 other last-minute JeenLeen votes, seems fishy as hell based on their arguments/logic.
    13. Apogee1 - escaped, confirmed neutral
    14. kgato503 - deceased, confirmed town
    15. rogue_alchemist - likely hero if Duck flips, based on last minute vote.
    16. Bc56 - inactive, currently autolynch bait.
    17. Aventine - deceased, confirmed town.
    18. CaoimhinTheCape - mild town lean.
    19. MornShine - Inactive, leaning town/neutral based on their vote and post content.
    20. Logan1996 - inactive, neutral lean.

Fair is fowl, and fowl is fair.
    The bell tolls for thee Duck999

(I'm leaving my vote on Duck)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

It's maybe possible that Val is already working with wolves and gave JWL the info needed to save them? That feels like a stretch though, so unless someone else claimed Feuding Villain I'm inclined to believe it's the two of them.
    More or less my thoughts as well.

Oh and I saw bc56 online a little while ago, and shot them a PM about the game just in case they'd forgotten to subscribe to the thread and just forgot/haven't been checking. Here's hoping they show up.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

If that was true I wouldn't have said that publicly would I? I can't trust the wolves to not kill me anyway to favor the other Feuding, so keeping them with a small layer of doubt is better.

Of course the other Feuding could have done it, I guess.

More importantly, if you all hadn't moved off towards Duck back then I'd have kept pushing for the lynch. Kind of weird to give a wolf a way out only to try and get them killed no?

12. - Top - End - #252

WolfInSheepsClothing

Unavenger is still on gac despite all of this. I don't like it but I'll assume that's more from inactivity than actually wanting gac lynched. Jeen hasn't been around to pick a side either now that Joy is not on the block.
    Hello yes I do this thing called sleeping.

I'm not sure if I like any of these wagons much, but I guess Duck999 goes quack.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

End Day Two
    Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

JoyWonderLove 1 (JeenLeen)
    JeenLeen 4 (JoyWonderLove, trtl, Duck999, rogue_alchemist)
    Gac3 1 (Unavenger)
    Duck999 9 (Libro, Xihirli, Valmark, Elenna, MornShine, AvatarVecna, Lord Athos, CaoimhinTheCape, Unavenger)
    Xihirli 2 (gac3, Logan1996)

People have been whispering to each other and laying plans ever since the day began. Soon you have no idea who is claiming what to who and why. One of those who had accused the deceased Aventine yesterday began to look increasingly suspicious, until they announce"I don't care about these stupid heroes, or the Plan, I just want to kill my enemy! I know exactly who they are as well!"

Someone else sighs and admits "Yup, we're trying to kill each other. And I told them who I was, as well..."

There follows lengthy discussion on whether one of them is lying as part of some crazy scheme, and whether it would be a good idea to lynch them anyway to be sure. As suspicion begins to turn to one who was pressured yesterday, they protest "I'm the Devil, I'm the only one who can help you get out of this mess!"

And so, once again, you change your minds and try to lynch someone else. Evening is starting to draw near by now. This time, the victim is the oddly-named Duck999.

As you approach them, armed with various weapons, a furious quacking suddenly breaks out and from beneath their robes fly hundreds of ducks. Nine hundred and ninety-nine, to be precise.

It's a very messy job killing all of the ducks: it quite takes the fun out of murder and besides they've left their droppings all over the room. And what's worse is that by the time you're done, you've found not one scrap of evidence pointing to their heroism. This situation just keeps getting worse...

Duck999 was lynched. They were the Mad Scientist.

Spoiler: Duck999's role PM
    Show

Duck999, you are the Mad Scientist. You win with the villains (town) when the heroes (wolves) are dead. You have come up with some fabulous inventions. It's just a pity you can't work out what they do. This chaos seems like a good opportunity to carry out some testing...

Each night you may use one random power on any player you choose. The power will be picked from the following list: scry (giving an accurate result of Town, Wolf or Neutral) kill, bane, void, follow (find out who they target) or void their vote next day.

[redacted]

Good luck and have fun!

Begin Night Two. I'm going to be busy IRL on Tuesday, so I'm going to say tentatively that night ends at 4pm GMT, but it could be slightly earlier or slightly later. Worst case scenario I'll have to leave it until Wednesday morning, but I don't think that's likely.

So, get your actions in, everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, bc56 didn't post today. They will be up for auto-lynch if they don't post before the end of day three.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #254

RedKnightGirl

Thumbs up Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Hello yes I do this thing called sleeping.

I'm not sure if I like any of these wagons much, but I guess Duck999 goes quack.
    I got accused of going quiet (earlier, before TheCape, about two pages back?) when I was sleeping (BST here). It's kind of silly, but I also understand, because there's been times where I could comment but didn't. So...

Credit where due to Valmark, he easily could have lied to you and said, "Why, I've never seen those words for a Feuding Villain before in my life! Vote, AV. Vote for Joy's blood!" Instead, he told the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    If that was true I wouldn't have said that publicly would I? I can't trust the wolves to not kill me anyway to favor the other Feuding, so keeping them with a small layer of doubt is better.

Of course the other Feuding could have done it, I guess.
    It's a little weird hearing others thoughts on us. I see things differently, but maybe you do, too, Valmark.

Honestly, that's my thinking too. Vote: Duck999

Caoimhin, at the risk of potentially setting you against me, and as one of the Feuding Villains, it's almost a waste of a Town day vote to go after either of us. You know we're not wolves, so you're delaying your own victory by doing it, which only helps the wolves to stay at full strength. Also, I don't mind sharing that Valmark and I are kinda non-entities on a power basis. Trust me when I say we literally cannot do anything to anyone but each other, and even then, that's a stretch. We're not worth the vote, considering. The wolves could literally waste their night attack by aiming at us, but compared to an actual towns person, with the ability to scry or block or whatever? Even that's silly. If they do, you should be thankful they gave town another night of peace and time to figure things out.

So I'll gladly add two more things:

1) I'm actually okay with Valmark winning. So, @Valmark, feel free to say the words, "Joy, I would really appreciate if you voted for yourself this round." And I will. You now have the power to make me break ties through self voting. Have fun. Also, it's night time, so clearly the right time to annoy wolves!

2) I'm happy to work exclusively with town, to vote the way they want me to vote. I'm not asking, or expecting, or suggesting, you to let me into your network. Your team or their powers are not interesting to me. Just tell me who you're 90-100% certain is a wolf, and I'll vote with you. Why? If I lose, Valmark wins. If I draw, neat. If I win, I'm indifferent. It's pretty much all Joy from here.

And that's the real power of being a Feuding Villain.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-05-24 at 10:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

...I'm not letting anybody act noble

Yeah I'm good with a draw too, and no way in hell I'm gonna ask you to self vote. Wouldn't have done it before too, but after that it's become a matter of principles.

Also to be fair I told someone else that your claim was legitimate, that person told AV. Though I was going to state it either way beginning of Night 1, for selfish reasons (If I confirm you being Neutral then there's less motives for the wolves to kill either)

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

The Feuding Villains have formed a truce. Plot twist.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #257

RedKnightGirl

redface Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

...I'm not letting anybody act noble

Yeah I'm good with a draw too, and no way in hell I'm gonna ask you to self vote. Wouldn't have done it before too, but after that it's become a matter of principles.

Also to be fair I told someone else that your claim was legitimate, that person told AV. Though I was going to state it either way beginning of Night 1, for selfish reasons (If I confirm you being Neutral then there's less motives for the wolves to kill either)
    Feuding Villain Powers, activate!

Form of...a friendship!
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-05-24 at 10:22 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    Feuding Villain Powers, activate!

Form of...a friendship!
    JoyWonderLove

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

And then the wolves killed one of them because **** truces. It would be quite poetic.

- - - Updated - - -

JoyWonderLove
    *gasps* AV you don't believe in the power of friendship!?

We need to convert you (nope, no secret cult faction, don't worry) *throws flowers ripped out of a garden with a note specifically stating to not touch flowers*

Because we are still villains.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I presume in addition to being the evil mastermind I'm secretly the leader of this definitely-not-a-cult of friendship? Or, you know, I was before I died? (Maybe I'm still alive and faked my own death because the villains worked out I was in the definitely-not-a-cult!)

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

And Xihirli is most definitely not part of it!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

And Xihirli is most definitely not part of it!
    Do you really think I would ever let Xihirli into my definitely-not-cult?

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I'm more afraid of Xihirli letting herself in to be honest.
    And if I'm part of the cult then yo already forgave us all no? :D

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Bad business to invite a better villain into your cult.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Oh snap. That's... that's kind of rude to Snowblaze.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Oh snap. That's... that's kind of rude to Snowblaze.
    Since when did you care about my feelings? (Also, we're just different types of villain. We're both good at the way we operate and there's no reason to change that. See? I do know how this whole "friendship" thing works. I am qualified to lead the definitely-not-cult. Not that you're allowed to join, ever.)
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-05-24 at 11:09 AM. Reason: The definitely-not-cult are apparently also grammar freaks. Well, I am, anyway.

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Since when did you care about my feelings? (Also, we're just different types of villain. We're both good at the way we operate and there's no reason to change that. See? I do know how this whole "friendship" thing works. I am qualified to lead the definitely-not-cult. Not that you're allowed to join, ever.)
    You can't hurt people without first worrying about their feelings.
    Or it's our friendship power that makes Xi worry about you.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, what kind of villain are you?
    What kind of villain am I?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-05-24 at 11:29 AM.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #270

RedKnightGirl

Question Re: Evil Villains Werewolf

*gasps* AV you don't believe in the power of friendship!?

We need to convert you (nope, no secret cult faction, don't worry) *throws flowers ripped out of a garden with a note specifically stating to not touch flowers*

Because we are still villains.
    #JustAsPlanned
    #CrimeofPassion
    #FlowersInTheirEyes

JoyWonderLove
    Don't be jealous, AV. I know you're a lover, not a fighter.

I presume in addition to being the evil mastermind I'm secretly the leader of this definitely-not-a-cult of friendship? Or, you know, I was before I died? (Maybe I'm still alive and faked my own death because the villains worked out I was in the definitely-not-a-cult!)
    *cough*

I swear I thought about this even from the start, but..."Number of deaths: 2".

*DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Wait, what kind of villain are you?
    What kind of villain am I?
    My God...

Valmark, it's working! Quick, say something else to put Xihirli in touch with her feelings!
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-05-24 at 11:34 AM.