Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 131

Thread: The Moonscar

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Moonscar

    You find yourselves in majestic Highhelm once more, high up (and deep within) the Five Kings mountains. You are all in the city's Ledger of Valued Customers, and are accorded all hospitality even in the Inner City. Well-paved streets are neatly laid out in a grid. Storefronts and alehouses greet you on every corner.

    You come to the house of your old friend Krogar Geltheim, the best weapons dealer in all of Avistan, to see if he has anything interesting in store for you, or maybe a lead on your next adventure. But his store is shut, even in the middle of the day, and heavy knocking on his door elicits no response.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni),

    Aurika is a shining example for an Paladin of Iomedae. She is kind and sympathetic towards any and all who seek her help. But she is cold and frightening to anyone she deems a sinner in the eyes not of her, but her goddess.

    For now however, her face is lit up with unease about the current situation. She worries about her friend. What in the blazes happened to Krogar? He would never shut his shop this early. Aurika says out loud in frustration. We should not overreact, let's ask the bystanders and guards first. Maybe he has a reason to close today. She eyes the towering blonde man next to her who could easily rip out the door. Rennik, if anything else fails, are you willing to open this for us? If it comes to dealing with the guards, I will talk them down

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (gather information) (1d20+22)[25]
    I am aware this usually takes an hour, but maybe you can impose some sort of penalty or shorter timeframe because one would stop the search when they'd find the result. And I don't want my paladin's first act to be a breaking and entering of someone else's property.

    Aurika looks predominantly for guards who could know anything about a crime or similar happening.


    Last edited by Spore; 2020-05-19 at 04:40 AM.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Sól is a traveling priestess of a small pantheon of gods involved with the domains of sun, stars, and life. The halo of light surrounding her identifying her as a spellcaster with ability in life and light. She has four tiny motes of light one currently circling around each of her ioun stones as a moon would circle around its planet.

    Krogar Geltheim's shop being closed in the middle of the day was strange, but Aurika was right in that there was no reason to overreact just yet. It could be he had business elsewhere and had to close shop for today after all, though it would have to be investigated. Yes, while you ask bystanders and guards for information. I will have a look at the house from the outside to see if there are any signs of forced entry or a struggle. I don't remember how strict Krogar is with using lead or magic to ward his house from scrying, but if it comes to it I could have a look inside as well. Either way, we should definitely notify the guards before opening the door with force

    Sól walks around the house studying any doors and windows and casually looking at the walls for signs of anything unusual, including traps to see if Krogar set up any special protection before leaving and signs of forced entry. She then sits down and closes her eyes next to the main door, meditating. Sun that lights our day, stars that guide our way. Enhance my sight and hearing As she opens her eyes, they are golden instead of their normal blue.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Sól makes a Perception check to study the outside of the house: (1d20+47)[58]
    She then sits down and meditates for a minute to use Ultravision, granting her a +14 circumstance bonus to Perception checks, and listens closely to see if she can hear any signs of life inside.
    Perception check with Ultravision: (1d20+61)[67]
    The normal perception modifiers are +5 DC for closed door, +10 DC/foot of stone wall, and +1 DC/10 ft.


    Spoiler: Buffs used this morning
    Show

    Foreshadow (1 SP, 14 hours duration, self): +2 Dodge to AC, +3 Initiative and Reflex Saves, Is not flat-footed before acting in combat.
    Invigorate (4 SP, 18 hours duration, self, Rennik, Aurika, Daichi): 45 Temp HP.
    Aegis (Deflection)(2 SP, 18 hours duration, self, Aurika): +4 Deflection bonus to AC.
    Aegis (Armor)(1 SP, 18 hours duration, self): +6 Armor bonus to AC.
    Aegis (Shield)(1 SP, 18 hours duration, self): +4 Shield bonus to AC.
    Aegis (Spell Ward)(2 SP, 18 hours duration, self): SR 28

    11 Spell Points used, 35 Spell Points left. I will edit in here any other buffs people want.

    Edit: Sól keeps 4 glows (normal light) using intensity control to reduce them to points in space and has them circle around her ioun stones. They last for 190 minutes (3h 10 min), and cost 0 spell points so she renews them whenever they run out. Beyond simple fluff, they are there to counter anyone trying to surprise her with magical darkness and to scout areas of darkness (in which case she can move them 60 ft./round as a free action and increase their radius of light).
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-05-19 at 12:09 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    A rippling tower of muscle, towering over the various citizenry and, well, pretty much everyone else. His presence is both imposing and warm . . . literally, as he is shedding light, like a mini sun. Additionally, while he is already massive, his presence feels as if he is much, much bigger still.

    Replying to Aurika, "Certainly, milady. While I am not as proficient in the subtler forms of persuasion, if needed, I can offer something more direct, but far less subtle. Still, I will leave the search to you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rennik is in his medium size form. While his Huge form is more natural for him, he will shrink to deal with people in a non-combative way (also, it makes doorways easier to navigate. Also, while he is medium, he is 7'1", so still quite large. My sheet has the Huge Size statistics fed into the dependent variables. His medium sized light load is 4,660 lbs, rather than his huge sized light load, which is 32,000 (or 16 tons). If I need to open the door forcibly, not sure if you'd need a strength roll or not, since his push/pull is much higher than that, at which point it becomes pressure vs structure (Mass-Frame transfer) rather than a matter of damage or impact strength.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-18 at 08:40 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    The dapper gentlefox steps back from where he'd been tapping none too gently with the head of his cane on the shop's door. "No need for that, I'm sure," Daichi mutters to Rennik with a good-natured grimace, before turning to direct his words at Sol as well. "Just find a window or a keyhole or something for me and I'll be through in a jiff. Let's not break down any friends' doors, hey? Cut into a dwarf's profits, why don't you," he says, mock-elbowing Rennik in his ridiculously fit stomach.

    Putting his words to action, he scans the outside of the familiar building for some way to get in, hoping to himself that Krogar had just used his extra profits on some soundproofing for his bedroom, and was obliviously snoring away inside. "And let me know if you see any mushrooms! Little bug-baits might have seen him pass out," he calls, murmuring the last part to himself, as he struts after Aurika to add his voice to hers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Somehow I doubt Sol needs much help with her perception, so I'll just limit myself to rolling perception on whether there's a window or something that will let Daichi see inside and thus teleport in. Perception: Find Ingress (1d20+14)[27]

    He will aid another on Aurika's Gather Info check, and auto-succeed, adding +2 to her result.

    He is prepared to either teleport or use Ghostwalk to get in, but long experience with the group has taught him to always let Sol check things out for traps or hazards first.

    Spoiler: Current Buffs
    Show
    Daichi is currently in Hooded Killer's Stance, giving him +7 Stealth/Intimidate and +3d6 sneak attack.

    • Rennik: +2 inh Str, The Mighty (4 essence invested, bound to shoulders) - may enter pseudo-rage for up to 8 rds at a time, fatigued for same period after; during rage, -2 AC but attacks ignore hardness, and 1/round on hit, free action bull rush +8 that does 5d6+5 damage ignoring DR/hardness to both target and whatever object/creature it was bull rushed into.
    • Sól: +2 inh Wis, The Warlord (4 essence invested, unbound) - swift to designate target w/in 60 feet. Allies w/in 60 ft of target gain +4 to attack/damage rolls against it, and may move 25 feet as a free action on their turn, so long as it is towards the target.
    • Aurika: +2 inh Str, The Protector (4 essence, bound to wrists) - 1/rd as free action, move up to 30 ft to get adjacent to ally and divert a single target spell/attack to you instead. As an immediate action, increase your AC by 10 and your saves by 5 until the end of that turn.
    • Daichi: No bonus, The Ephemeral (unbound, no essence) - teleport 40 feet as move action (provokes AoOs), make stealth check; The Venemous (4 essence, bound to belt) - poison always coats his weapons, all poisons he uses have their DCs raised to at least 28 and ignore poison immunity. Currently set to Will save DC 28, instant onset, 1/rd for 6 rds, 4 Wis damage.
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2020-05-18 at 11:53 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Daichi impressed her quite a bit. Sól usually found that few could escape her notice, but that gentlefox could sneak up on anyone. You are quite right Daichi, we shouldn't break down doors unless we have to. Though considering how Krogar's business has been booming lately I wouldn't be surprised if he has invested in some protection against entry through magical means such as teleportation.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

    Excuse me one moment, please? Aurika breaks away from asking a passerby about recent developments in the area, and also about Krogar, because honestly she would not have much luck asking random commoners about an arm's dealer.

    Please Sól, Daichi. Keep his most private informations to himself. You would not like to stoop so low as to reveal his most vulnerable thoughts and items to the public. If there is an obvious sign to break this shop open, please do so Rennik. If in doubt, justice should not be hindered by petty laws. Also we can pay for any damages anyhow. She points at the sack of loot Rennik carried until here.

    The knight then continues to talk to the commoner. Sorry for that. Well, even if you can't help us, you might be able to tell us where the next guard post is.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-05-19 at 04:08 PM.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Inside the house, all is quiet. Not even a heartbeat, breath or fresh sweat.

    The windows are barred and shuttered, but looking through the slats is not hard. You can easily get a glimpse inside the workroom or the sitting room.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Daichi glances quizzically at Aurika. "Is this another of those westerner customs I keep missing?" he scoffs. "The Avistani will thank us for breaking their door down instead of unlocking it from the inside?". With a grin and a toss of his snout, he displays his assent despite his words, even as his form seems caught in an intense heat shimmer for a moment, before resolving into a haughty-looking, immaculately groomed fox. "Well," he says, his mouth making barking motions but his voice remaining unchanged from a moment ago, "let me see if I can sniff up some indication that will give us a reason for the breaking in, yes?".

    He pads quietly around the outside of the shop, wrinkling his black nose at the normal musty scents of the cavernous city.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Daichi transforms himself into his fox shape to gain scent, and takes a sniff around Krogar's home to see if he smells anything out of place (i.e. other than smithing fumes or stale ale). Not trying to pick up a trail, so I don't think it's a Survival check, but I will roll that and Perception just in case.

    Survival to scent out of place odors: (1d20+9)[29]
    Perception to scent out of place odors: (1d20+14)[27]

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    "Just let me know when you are done the subtle route, breaking the door will not require much effort on my part, but if we can find a more elegant solution it might be best, as if he were taken, leaving the building and door intact may allow the abductor(s) to believe their actions have yet to be uncovered."

    Rennik leans against the wall of the building as he waits.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-19 at 11:00 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Daichi gets a whiff of mouldy bread and... stale ale.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

    These are dwarves. They don't necessarily follow normal logic. Destroying their handiwork is frowned upon and revealing buried secrets might as well be high treason but they would burn down their homes if it would somehow save their brother in need. Not that dwarven homes burn very easily.

    Aurika tries to open the door, if it does not budge, she turns to Rennik and sighs. At least the Pathfinder Society has a sense for sublety. How we got so far without a dedicated lock and trap person is still a riddle to me. I assume we are just lucky to have you, Rennik.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    The inside of the house is all quiet, no sign of any life such as a heartbeat or breathing.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Pressing his enormous palm against the door, "Give the word and we're in."

    Spoiler
    Show
    At medium size, Rennik can push/pull with 35 tons of force, that's more than three standard yellow school buses for reference (and that takes into account losing the +4 Str by reverting to medium). Not sure if you'd still want me to make a strength check or not, seems somewhat trivial given the mass distribution of the building. If push literally comes to shove, I can expend martial focus to add +14 to my strength check, but that seems excessive.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

    Have patience my friend. Dwarves can be centuries old. They will just laugh at our impatience because we had to wait an hour or two.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    "Oh, Master Geltheim's is still closed? I noticed it was closed when I passed by a few days ago."

    "As for the guards, I think the nearest one is over by the district gate"
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-05-26 at 02:35 PM.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

    Bust the building open. Leave no stone unturned. Aurika simply says with a bit of worry in her voice. I will fetch a small division of guards. the Paladin says.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Spoiler: DCs for opening the door
    Show
    The door has hardness 5, 30 hit points, can be broken down with a DC 25 Str check (taking 10 is fine), and the lock is DC 30.


    Spoiler: Teleportation or planar travel
    Show
    The building is not warded against teleportation or planar travel.


    Spoiler: Once inside
    Show
    A deep voice - your friend Krogar's - belts out from every direction, in Common: "STOP, INTRUDER! Leave, before you make some very powerful and persistent enemies!". Other than that, not a sound, and no signs of movement.

    Looking around, you see no signs of a struggle. There are no plates or cups strewn about, but the pantry holds moldy bread, crusty drying cheese, and a quarter pitcher of very stale ale. The forge in his workshop is entirely cold. In his quarters, his wardrobe is somewhat bare.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Rennik, who is still resting his palm on the door, focuses for a second, and breaks it down, as the sound of the wood bending and snapping can clearly be heard as he does so.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You mentioned taking ten was an option. So, Rennik has a base of 31 Strength when not at full size, and expending martial focus adds +14 to the check. So, with those two alone, he could roll a 1 and still break through (as far as I know, ability checks, just like skill checks, have no critical hit or critical miss, so even if I did not take 10, unless I take some form of penalty, I can auto-break the door. Taking 10 would make it 34, which is well over the DC you mentioned. So he just pushes open the door rather effortlessly. If necessary, I have him spend a moment to regain Martial Focus after he does so (it does not require much, and we are outside of combat, so there should not be an issue.
    .

    Responding to Aurika, "As you wish, madame."

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    A deep voice - your friend Krogar's - belts out from every direction, in Common: "STOP, INTRUDER! Leave, before you make some very powerful and persistent enemies!". Other than that, not a sound, and no signs of movement.

    Looking around, you see no signs of a struggle. There are no plates or cups strewn about, but the pantry holds moldy bread, crusty drying cheese, and a quarter pitcher of very stale ale. The forge in his workshop is entirely cold. In his quarters, his wardrobe is somewhat bare.



    Meanwhile, Aurika arrives at the gate. The neighbourhood borders the outer markets, and as such the gate is rather well-staffed.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

    I will need an officer to accompany me to Master Krogar's workshop. It is closed but we have reason to believe something extraordinairy happened to him. My companion is about to break the front door to check on him. If it was not an emergency, we will replace it of course.

    With the dwarven guard in tow, Aurika returns to her friends moving inside the smithy. She returns just in time for the second warning. Do you assume this is some kind of security system? A magical voice thrown into the room? Has Krogar registered any magical security with the city council? I would hate to burn down the district because of one of those blasted fireball traps. She touches a facial scar on her right side, where a fireball hit her last year. Even with Sól's healing and protection she had a small fiery imprint on the face.
    [/QUOTE]
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    The alarm would indicate Krogar locked this place up himself. Entering the house Sól starts looking around trying to get an idea of why and where Krogar has gone. A somewhat tidy house and an empty wardrobe would indicate that Krogar probably left on a journey some time ago. While the modly cheese and stale ale indicates that he probably expected to be back by now.

    It looks to me like Krogar left on a planned journey, but has been delayed somewhat. I will go have a look to see if I can find any maps, books, or notes indicating where he planned to go. I guess we better start to tally up how much we owe him with a damaged door and triggered alarm system.

    Continuing her search, Sól looks for any notes, maps, books, or other clues for where Krogar could have planned to go.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+48)[56]. If Sól finds any maps or other clues about a planned journey, then here is a Knowledge (geography):(1d20+20)[35]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    "Oh, I see you went ahead already. ". The guard looks from the busted door to the party. "Writs of passage, please".

    (those are documents you recevived when you entered the city.)

    "Durn, take those names back to the gatehouse and make sure they are entered into the log, then come back here."

    Spoiler: Perception DC 23
    Show
    You suddeny notice a faint magical shimmer inside the house, near the sitting room couch but about head height. Nothing the dwarves did would seem to have caused it.
    Spoiler: Knowledge (Arcana) DC 15
    Show
    It is a Scrying Sensor.

    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Rennick notices the guard, responding, "Certainly, I'll get right on that, when we finish a quick search, the door is now open and we do not want any ne'er do wells to use the opportunity to flee, now do we?"
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-30 at 01:55 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Looking at the guard, then turning to look at the door, before looking back at the guard again Sól feels somewhat embarrassed. I guess we were somewhat impatient. She hands her writ of passage over.

    Spoiler: Perception and Arcana
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+48)[49]. Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+18)[22]. It is not like Sól can fail these checks.


    Noticing a slight difference in the reflections of her lights, Sól turns around and spots the scrying sensor. Looks like we got company. Hopefully that scrying sensor near the couch is Krogar wondering why we broke into his house. Studying the sensor for a moment Reveal Magic, Sól's eyes start to give off a faint blue glow.

    Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    Sól spends a spell point to use detect magic. Knowledge (arcana)(1d20+18)[20]. She will spend the 3 rounds studying the scrying sensor to get as much information about it as possible.
    Edit: Sól has 34/46 spell points left, and that was a lot of terrible rolls.
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-05-30 at 02:20 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    Aurika
    Human Iomedae Paladin
    AC: 31 HP: 206/151 Delayed Damage: 0/42
    touch: 15, ff: 30, CMD: 36
    Conditions: Aura of Courage/Resolve/Faith, Invigorate (45 temp, 18h), Aegis (Deflection), Protector Veil (+2 Str, various boni)

    Aurika felt mostly superfluous in situations like these, where judgment was uncertain and battle was far. She would never admit it, but at least a somewhat chaotic approach to problems was more her style.Thank you for assisting our investigation here. Of course we will recompensate you for the trouble and the repairs, as well as possible fines for trespassing. But please keep in mind, we want the best for our dear friend Krogar.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    The sensor appears to be locked to a location, not an individual, and the source is neighbourhood-local.

    Magical examination also reveals several magical weapons in the workshop.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    "A stout oaken door, that might run as much as two hundred gold. I don't know much about alarm spells, so let's call it a thousand. You are all friends of Master Geltheim's, so you won't mind making sure he is fuly restituted, will you?".

    The guards do a cursory search of the place. They too find no trace of foul play.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-05-30 at 10:34 PM.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    The scrying sensor seems to be from a short range effect that views a location, similar to how I can throw my vision. There doesn't seem to be many clues about where Krogar has gone here, so lets see if we can find the person keeping an eye on his house.

    On her way outside Sól pulls a pouch filled with gemstones out of her handy haversack and tosses it towards one of the guards. Once out in the streets she scans the nearby houses for anything unusual while trying to focus on sounds of people commenting upon her party's actions in Krogar's house as well as sounds of verbal spell components.

    Aurika, Rennick, I would rather we stick together to be on the safe side.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Pouch of gemstones tossed at the guard (1d4)[1]x1 000 gp.
    Perception check (1d20+48)[58].

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar

    With her incredible senses, the priestess hears a man's voice: "Well. It seems they spotted my little spell. I guess I might as well go say hello, then".
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •