Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 192
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Moonscar OOC

    Hello, and welcome to the game.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    That Transfiguration talent is insane. You can get it as-is except the duration is 1 round/CL, or you can replace the HP buff with a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Yes, Transfiguration is pretty insane. I will switch it out for Greater Invigorate (basic talent) then. That functions more like a toned down version of Transfiguration.

    Treasure from previous adventure: (1d10+45)[54] * 1 000 gp.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Greetings. Aurika will pick dark orange as it is the only readable "bright" option.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Sól will take Golden Rod as a readable light-themed color. It seems like all of our characters have a somewhat healing/sunlight/divine theme. I would assume we have been on at least one adventure together?

    Here are links to her myth-weavers and googledocs character sheets.

    Spoiler: Buffs Sól is will grant to anyone who wants them
    Show

    If you leave a note here then I will write into my post that I have granted the buffs you want each morning.
    Invigorate: 45 Temp hp that can exceed maximum hp (like normal hit points). 18 hours duration.
    Aegis (Deflection): +4 Deflection bonus to AC. 18 hours duration.
    Aegis (Armored Magic:Armor): +6 Armor bonus to AC (applies against incorporeal touch). 18 hours duration.
    Aegis (Armored Magic:Shield): +4 Shield bonus to AC (applies against incorporeal touch). 18 hours duration.
    Whenever we expect trouble, I can grant the following buff.
    Encompassing Light: Grant 2 effective size increases for the purpose of weapon damage dice and reach. 190 minute duration (3 hours and 10 minutes).
    Last edited by Lirya; 2020-05-19 at 12:09 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Lirya View Post
    Sól will take Golden Rod as a readable light-themed color. It seems like all of our characters have a somewhat healing/sunlight/divine theme. I would assume we have been on at least one adventure together?
    I assumed as much when I started writing my characters.

    If you leave a note here then I will write into my post that I have granted the buffs you want each morning.
    [snipped half of the Protection Sphere]
    I might just switch over to destruction fully then if that is ok by the DM. The one reason I took the spheres is to have a bit of protection and a ranged ray attack. But you provide similar buffs, about 100 times longer and twice as powerful. And I would like the deflection bonus if possible. Thanks.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-05-18 at 04:51 AM.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    I drawbacked out of the barrier, so if you drawback out of the base deflection then there are other good protection talents (improvements for barrier, wards or alternate aegis for something I don't have, like Ablating for miss chance or a specific/non scaling one like deathless)

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    I am horrible at this spheres stuff to be fair.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC



    Rennik, the Lion will speak in Dark Red to provide contrast, since Orange and Golden Rod are taken (which sort of look the same, so it might be difficult to differentiate).

    Also, Theme Song

    Regarding spheres, I was reticent for a while, but having played with it quite a bit, I love it, and I prefer it over standard casting, despite being somewhat weaker than Vancian casting at later levels. It takes some getting used to, since with normal casting, people can more readily fill in gaps as needed by preparing different spell sets, but I feel from a thematic and RP perspective, it is superior.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-18 at 08:34 AM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Ooh, thanks for picking me! I think this is the first time I get to actually play a Rajah, so I'm looking forward to it immensely.

    Daichi will speak in "Blue". Let me finish selecting maneuvers, as I just realized I never did so, and I'll jump in.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Okay, so Daichi can and almost certainly has given each of you a Divine Mandate, which is a +2 inherent bonus to one of your ability scores (which stacks with any existing ones, up to +5) and lets him know your status at all times. He will also have invested each of you with a veil to give you some buffs (and let him act through you if necessary!). Unless you guys request otherwise, here are the current bonuses and veils shaped:

    • Rennik: +2 inh Str, The Mighty (4 essence invested, bound to shoulders) - may enter pseudo-rage for up to 8 rds at a time, fatigued for same period after; during rage, -2 AC but attacks ignore hardness, and 1/round on hit, free action bull rush +8 that does 5d6+5 damage ignoring DR/hardness to both target and whatever object/creature it was bull rushed into.
    • Sól: +2 inh Wis, The Warlord (4 essence invested, unbound) - swift to designate target w/in 60 feet. Allies w/in 60 ft of target gain +4 to attack/damage rolls against it, and may move 25 feet as a free action on their turn, so long as it is towards the target.
    • Aurika: +2 inh Str, The Protector (4 essence, bound to wrists) - 1/rd as free action, move up to 30 ft to get adjacent to ally and divert a single target spell/attack to you instead. As an immediate action, increase your AC by 10 and your saves by 5 until the end of that turn.
    • Daichi: No bonus, The Ephemeral (unbound, no essence) - teleport 40 feet as move action (provokes AoOs), make stealth check; The Venemous (4 essence, bound to belt) - poison always coats his weapons, all poisons he uses have their DCs raised to at least 28 and ignore poison immunity. Currently set to Will save DC 28, instant onset, 1/rd for 6 rds, 4 Wis damage.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    I updated Sól's character sheets with the +2 Wis, increasing her spell points as well since the bonus appears to be permanent until Daichi ends it. This also increases the Temp HP granted by her to 45.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    To avoid redundancies, I would take the Warrior of Blind Faith from Spheres of Might (completely withdrawing from Spheres of Power and spellcasting), if that is okay. Focussing on the Guardian Sphere (I realize combining this with Dirt Splattered Angel might be better but I would avoid a complete rebuild).

    e: I replaced it by basically getting half the Guardian Sphere.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-05-19 at 04:14 AM.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    minor corrections as asked are fine.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Okay, so Daichi can and almost certainly has given each of you a Divine Mandate, which is a +2 inherent bonus to one of your ability scores (which stacks with any existing ones, up to +5) and lets him know your status at all times. He will also have invested each of you with a veil to give you some buffs (and let him act through you if necessary!). Unless you guys request otherwise, here are the current bonuses and veils shaped:

    • Rennik: +2 inh Str, The Mighty (4 essence invested, bound to shoulders) - may enter pseudo-rage for up to 8 rds at a time, fatigued for same period after; during rage, -2 AC but attacks ignore hardness, and 1/round on hit, free action bull rush +8 that does 5d6+5 damage ignoring DR/hardness to both target and whatever object/creature it was bull rushed into.
    • Sól: +2 inh Wis, The Warlord (4 essence invested, unbound) - swift to designate target w/in 60 feet. Allies w/in 60 ft of target gain +4 to attack/damage rolls against it, and may move 25 feet as a free action on their turn, so long as it is towards the target.
    • Aurika: +2 inh Str, The Protector (4 essence, bound to wrists) - 1/rd as free action, move up to 30 ft to get adjacent to ally and divert a single target spell/attack to you instead. As an immediate action, increase your AC by 10 and your saves by 5 until the end of that turn.
    • Daichi: No bonus, The Ephemeral (unbound, no essence) - teleport 40 feet as move action (provokes AoOs), make stealth check; The Venemous (4 essence, bound to belt) - poison always coats his weapons, all poisons he uses have their DCs raised to at least 28 and ignore poison immunity. Currently set to Will save DC 28, instant onset, 1/rd for 6 rds, 4 Wis damage.
    Looking at "The Mighty" and it says it is the shoulder slot. I think I'd prefer my Cloak of Resistance to remain in effect rather than gain such a title. More Strength and Rage are great, but also thematically, my character's pride would make him reticent to be claimed by somebody, especially as a vassal, which is a dependent and master/servant relationship.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    @Spore: Aurika seems to link to the wrong character now?

    @Bansheexero: My understanding is that the titles while tied to a slot do not actually cause any conflict with magic items. So you could have both your cloak of resistance and The Mighty.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Looking at "The Mighty" and it says it is the shoulder slot. I think I'd prefer my Cloak of Resistance to remain in effect rather than gain such a title. More Strength and Rage are great, but also thematically, my character's pride would make him reticent to be claimed by somebody, especially as a vassal, which is a dependent and master/servant relationship.
    Akashic veils do not interfere with magic items unless stated otherwise.

    Vassalage is simply the ability's name; Daichi has no control over your actions whatsoever, other than being able to withdraw the veil/bonuses and his ability to act through your square/initiate counters that protect you. Just think of it as a day-long buff spell. If you truly don't want one that's fine, I can always shape more on someone else; look through the options in that link, though, and see if there's one you find more appealing.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Akashic veils do not interfere with magic items unless stated otherwise.

    Vassalage is simply the ability's name; Daichi has no control over your actions whatsoever, other than being able to withdraw the veil/bonuses and his ability to act through your square/initiate counters that protect you. Just think of it as a day-long buff spell. If you truly don't want one that's fine, I can always shape more on someone else; look through the options in that link, though, and see if there's one you find more appealing.
    Wary to keep it from an RP standpoint (his Pride is one of his personality themes). From a mechanics standpoint, is it consciousness linked or does it remain even if you are unconscious/dying/dead? Also, is there a range limit for said buff?

    Also

    @Lirya - wow, you stacked Perception to a ridiculous degree. Though when you used Ultravision, it should have provided a +19 bonus rather than +14, due to your staff. Realized staff did not add to Divination CL
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-19 at 12:26 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Wary to keep it from an RP standpoint (his Pride is one of his personality themes). From a mechanics standpoint, is it consciousness linked or does it remain even if you are unconscious/dying/dead? Also, is there a range limit for said buff?
    ... is he so prideful he refuses all buffs? Did he refuse Sol's temp HP buff? Is he going to refuse in-combat healing or assistance, such as the Royal Mandate where Daichi issues a "command" that allows (does not force) him to take an extra attack? These are fairly important questions, considering my character is almost entirely utility and support.

    The Veils only function when your characters are within 60 feet of Daichi and he is conscious, but the Divine Mandate (inherent ability bonus + status) functions regardless of distance or consciousness, and might even persist after Daichi's death, as there is no language on that in the ability.
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2020-05-19 at 02:16 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    It honestly depends on the flavor. Personally I am concerned on people mind controlling Daichi to circumvent Aurikas immunity to these spells if that is possible. But it is part of Das'Hain's build for him, thus I would accept any buffs he is handing out. Also I think a path that starts on 14 is not much about a heroes' journey to learn to conquer pride anymore, but rather a high level (and high magic) adventure where we don't have the luxury of picking buffs (then again it is a published path so maybe we do).

    But I assume the crunch needs willing targets. As an aside how about we flavor it like a common psionic/psychic link that coordinates our attacks? Basically a tiny spec of Daichis consciousness is sitting in us at all times. But please accept any choices people make.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-05-19 at 03:52 PM.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    It honestly depends on the flavor. Personally I am concerned on people mind controlling Daichi to circumvent Aurikas immunity to these spells if that is possible. But it is part of Das'Hain's build for him, thus I would accept any buffs he is handing out. Also I think a path that starts on 14 is not much about a heroes' journey to learn to conquer pride anymore, but rather a high level (and high magic) adventure where we don't have the luxury of picking buffs (then again it is a published path so maybe we do).

    But I assume the crunch needs willing targets. As an aside how about we flavor it like a common psionic/psychic link that coordinates our attacks? Basically a tiny spec of Daichis consciousness is sitting in us at all times. But please accept any choices people make.
    I hadn't been planning to flavor Daichi's veils/Vassalage feature as making him the leader of the party or anything; I subscribe completely to the idea that class features' fluff aspects are mutable. Mechanically it's just a buff spell which allows him to act through it w/in close range. Fluff wise, my original idea was that he was part of an Animist tradition from Tian Xia and grants blessings by invoking spirits that live in all things, which continuously whisper to him and can grant luck or unlock abilities that already lay within other people's potential; hence why his abilities are distinct from everyone else's Spheres abilities.

    I will of course respect it if Rennik (or anyone else) doesn't actually want his veils or blessings; Daichi can just place them all on himself if necessary, and function more as a solo character than a team enabler. It just seems like a rather arbitrary distinction to make.

    Out of curiosity, what is Aurikas immune to that you're concerned about? Just about the only thing Daichi could even theoretically use to screw with any party member is the status effect which lets him know where everyone is, which I suppose a subverted Daichi could use to inform enemies. (As a side note, Daichi is probably least likely to be charmed or compelled; he added his Cha modifier vs those effects specifically, and rerolls any Will save vs. mind-affecting effects and takes the better roll.)
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2020-05-19 at 04:48 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Scent gives a +4 racial bonus to Survival fyi. :)
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    ... is he so prideful he refuses all buffs? Did he refuse Sol's temp HP buff? Is he going to refuse in-combat healing or assistance, such as the Royal Mandate where Daichi issues a "command" that allows (does not force) him to take an extra attack? These are fairly important questions, considering my character is almost entirely utility and support.

    The Veils only function when your characters are within 60 feet of Daichi and he is conscious, but the Divine Mandate (inherent ability bonus + status) functions regardless of distance or consciousness, and might even persist after Daichi's death, as there is no language on that in the ability.
    I will not refuse all buffs, but he would have an issue of you attacking through him, so he would accept if you agree not to do that. He can appreciate the Strength bonus, but from what I read the rage itself does not provide any benefit to Strength, simply ignoring hardness and or DR, which would only see use if he does not have access to Rhitta, which is both Adamantine and +5, ignoring all but DR X/- and hardness higher than 20 (which is super rare). Looking through the various titles, the Stormbringer or the Warlord might see better use, but as I said, he would contest being used as a source of another's actions.

    He does get considerable traction with Invigorate, as Soon provided. His casting is draining and it helps deal with the unhealable nonlethal damage he endures.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-19 at 09:25 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    How about a compromise, that you give Aurika the Warlord, I just hope it doesn't bog down my actions too much (but granting attack, damage and for a free action AC should be okay).
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    @Da'Shain - So, I will accept the buff for now, though, would it be possible to switch it to the Stormbringer? The Mighty is so redundant it offers very little ability. You could also chakra bind it to my feet, since I have no magical footware.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-05-20 at 01:09 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Heads up, I will be low activity until sunday for parenting reasons.

    Game status> You are currently considering breaking the door, or other means of entry, but you have not stated any actual actions. The interrogation of passers-by takes a little longer, and has not yet yielded anything useful.
    Semper ludens.

    The Moonscar * OOC * Map

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    I am not sure there is all that much more we want to do until we are done with gather information. At which point we can bring one of the guards along so we are not just high level adventurers breaking and entering because someone locked their door.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    For the record, I am perfectly fine being the "nanny" of the group. I played a paladin in a hopelessly chaotic group before, and it was kinda fun. They blew up a house, almost burned down the slums in the attempt, while my paladin ran after them, apologizing to the people and giving them gold for the repairs.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    How about a compromise, that you give Aurika the Warlord, I just hope it doesn't bog down my actions too much (but granting attack, damage and for a free action AC should be okay).
    Sure, though it would be redundant with Lirya's current bind, so:

    @Lirya, are there any other Title Veils that look like something you'd want? I picked the Warlord for Sol just because I wasn't sure what else you would want to use, but if you see another one I can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    @Da'Shain - So, I will accept the buff for now, though, would it be possible to switch it to the Stormbringer? The Mighty is so redundant it offers very little ability. You could also chakra bind it to my feet, since I have no magical footware.
    Sure. Again, veil binding does not interfere with any of your magical items.

    Posting from my phone now, I will edit the buff list later when I get home.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015

    Default Re: The Moonscar OOC

    The Ephemeral and The Wind at least do something (letting me teleport, or granting Sól more dodge to AC and Initiative). The Fallen also does something, but with [evil] descriptor it isn't acceptable. She doesn't really make attacks so most titles don't apply. Her action economy is pretty open though as her offensive options are mostly free actions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •