Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,416 of 1416
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Random Banter #227 and Free Cup of Tea

So, my interaction with friends as something other than an internet ghost went... eh...?

I missed them, I really wanted to see them again. I really did, but my anxiety went into overdrive the entire time. I even had a small panic attack on the way to meet them. I kind of compensated for it by being sort of outwardly "blah." The net affect was that I came off like I wanted to be on another planet. May might have picked up on what was going on. They said it looked like I was screaming internally. They at least seemed... not upset to see me?
    Iop brain.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    So, my interaction with friends as something other than an internet ghost went... eh...?

I missed them, I really wanted to see them again. I really did, but my anxiety went into overdrive the entire time. I even had a small panic attack on the way to meet them. I kind of compensated for it by being sort of outwardly "blah." The net affect was that I came off like I wanted to be on another planet. May might have picked up on what was going on. They said it looked like I was screaming internally. They at least seemed... not upset to see me?
    I'm sorry your anxiety was so bad. Just remember that the quarantine undermines everyone's social skills a bit, so they might have been more excited then you think and just not as socially apt as they normally are.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm sorry your anxiety was so bad. Just remember that the quarantine undermines everyone's social skills a bit, so they might have been more excited then you think and just not as socially apt as they normally are.
    Oh, they were great. Neither of them were ever especially social, but I'd even say that they were better than usual. I think. I haven't seen really anyone in four months.

I've definitely gotten a lot worse though. On the plus side, I think I'm better at being an internet ghost now. It sucks, because I really was glad to see them, just way too wrapped up in my own issues to appreciate the moment.
    Iop brain.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been skittering about the house like an over-excited rabbit all morning, but I finally have enough concentration to say: I finished off the last bit of the manuscript of my novel! It's not at all actually completed - I've gotten the first draft down, have at least 5 major revision drafts I want to do, not including sentence-by-sentence editing - but it's currently sitting pretty at 103,000 words. That's the longest thing I've ever written, with most of the stories I've written before somewhere in the 60,000 - 80,000 mark.

Of course, the more words the more work later on when I completely strip it down, but there's always something exciting about finishing off a long project like this, which I begun at the start of lockdown. Whether it's any good is an entirely different question, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Just wanted to share the horrible festering word-baby that I've been hacking away at for the last four months.
    I draw, and I write sometimes! Drow paladin avatar by me. They/Them

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, congrats!
    Iop brain.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

*sigh*

So having finally got the printer working and some filament working, Dad decided he wanted to do a big printer for which he needed to cut a new board, managed for the first time ever to cut it short, had to print a bit to fix it, and now the rear board clip has broken.