New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Random Banter #227 and Free Cup of Tea

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    You've never met me in person I take it
    I have not, to the best of my knowledge. And I think I'd remember meeting a tiefling.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I know of a place where you would likely not have an issue always being cold. Not sure if you'd like that, though.
    ...no, no, I probably wouldn't like it. as a hunch.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

However it was not the solve anything tool of the modern series,
    Debatable as ‘the Doctor is too dependent on the screwdriver’ was the behind the scene resin for it being destroyed back in Five’s run.

Ultimately the screwdriver isn’t really a problem as long as it’s confined to solving minor problems (like a locked door) rather than the main conflict of the episode. That said it’s always good when the Doctor gets technical without using it.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Debatable as ‘the Doctor is too dependent on the screwdriver’ was the behind the scene resin for it being destroyed back in Five’s run.
    It went up and down in the classic series to my knowledge, I early Tom Baker being relatively lenient on the screwdriver, but I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared more later in his era. But honestly I think that's what stood out to me: I'm not convinced the showrunners of modern Who would ruin the risk of destroying something that can be redesigned got every doctor and sold to people again.

Ultimately the screwdriver isn’t really a problem as long as it’s confined to solving minor problems (like a locked door) rather than the main conflict of the episode. That said it’s always good when the Doctor gets technical without using it.
    To be honest, it became a lot less annoying when the Doctor stopped pointing it at everything. More of they could just remember that it's a ****** screwdriver instead of a magic tool it would be perfect.

Like how on Galifrey does a screwdriver reverse the polarity of a rift in time and space?
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-07-05 at 01:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

It went up and down in the classic series to my knowledge, I early Tom Baker being relatively lenient on the screwdriver, but I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared more later in his era. But honestly I think that's what stood out to me: I'm not convinced the showrunners of modern Who would ruin the risk of destroying something that can be redesigned got every doctor and sold to people again.

To be honest, it became a lot less annoying when the Doctor stopped pointing it at everything. More of they could just remember that it's a ****** screwdriver instead of a magic tool it would be perfect.

Like how on Galifrey does a screwdriver reverse the polarity of a rift in time and space?
    I know, right? I've had much better luck reversing the polarity of a space time rift with a 3/8 drive torque wrench. The spec is 25 foot-pounds, by the way. Very important that you get that right.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly Four trying to pawn Romana’s screwdriver that she made in-between episodes because it’s better than his remains my favourite sonic screwdriver gag.

By being sonic obviously.

I wish they hadn’t retired the sonic sunglasses, personally. It was such a cheeky way to point out that the sonic devices just do whatever.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I know, right? I've had much better luck reversing the polarity of a space time rift with a 3/8 drive torque wrench. The spec is 25 foot-pounds, by the way. Very important that you get that right.
    Is that regular 3/8" or Whitworth, though?

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Photonic, obviously.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

One of my dogs was "put to sleep" back in February. I miss her.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I knew that Whitworth exists as a kind of goofy scale that's almost but not entirely like our SAE sizes... but they have a goofy size for their socket drives as well?

Photonic, obviously.
    Yup. I'll buy that cup of joe.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    One of my dogs was "put to sleep" back in February. I miss her.
    Man, that's awful. It sucks having to say goodbye to a friend.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Man, that's awful.
    She lived a good life, but yeah, it was sad.
    It sucks having to say goodbye to a friend.
    More like family, actually. But yes.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #1241

A few years ago, we had to put my cat who I'd had for almost 20 years. She'd had a stroke in the middle of the night and we couldn't get her in to a vet for almost a whole day becuase I don't drive(and had no clue where the vet was) and my family were out of town. Vet said that she was going into organ failure and would die no matter what and had been slowly dying since she had the stroke, so...

She's part of a pine tree now. Shortly afterword, a stray/feral cat found its way into the garage and my Stepfather started carrying for it, she got out and came back pregnant, and toward the end of last year, he brought two of the kittens into the house.

The boy has decided that he is my cat and I have failed to convince him otherwise. Which is how cats are, I supose.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-07-05 at 04:32 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No one:

Absolutely no one:

Kurt Godel: I used the Principia to destroy the Principia.

(Brought to you by rewatching MCU films on Disney+)
    ithilanor on Steam.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Upside, the new surge suppressor for the PC arrived. 99% certain it was that causing the abrupt shut-downs, since there has been zero instances since I changed the plug socket (it ran permenantly on for week).

Downside, the wargames club is re-opening, but basically none of the roleplay group want to start back in the foreeable future and it looks like i'll be lucky to get even any wargames in with my mate (as he's having to work longer hours and less days).

So I can continue to go slowly insane in a non-humorous manner as there is still literally nothing to focus on (hobby or work-wise and holiday is a toss-up) and no goals to work towards except the nebulous task of Sorting Nanny's House Out. Yay.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-07-06 at 11:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1244

I had the most wonderful dream last night.

A person I'd met once and was apparently nice too but then forgot about died and left me several billion dollars, several large houses, and holdings in several ubiquitous businesses.

I had just enough time to realize that this meant I could pay off my student loan debts and wouldn't have to worry about working a dead-end job to make ends meet if I can't find a decent career in my field and then I woke up and realized that it was a dream.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I had the most wonderful dream last night.

A person I'd met once and was apparently nice too but then forgot about died and left me several billion dollars, several large houses, and holdings in several ubiquitous businesses.

I had just enough time to realize that this meant I could pay off my student loan debts and wouldn't have to worry about working a dead-end job to make ends meet if I can't find a decent career in my field and then I woke up and realized that it was a dream.
    Had a terrible wake-up moment this afternoon. I went to my local friendly coffee shop to get a batch of nice coffee beans for our machine. The serving lady - I know her for some time - seemed to be a bit upset, so I tried to cheer her up - by saying "Hey, don't worry, it's going to be better! At least it's already not Monday!"

By the look on her face, I woke up. It is Monday. Still. I thought it was at least Wednesday.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

When I do dream, which isn't often anymore, it's usually about something that should make me feel really upset. I'm always more annoyed than I am outright upset.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

My dreams tend to be... melancholy at best. Just the other night, I had one that rambled on, literally just driving around the city/countryside with various family members, until I ended up at my childhood home with a young woman there destined to die... and then I got to timeskip many years forwards to watch her finally pass. That was one of the more... disquieting ones that I've had. Normally the melancholy doesn't pervade past waking up.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Bugbear in the Playground

I had a dream once about being chased around a convenience store by frozen fish. I wouldn't call it the best dream ever, but it was, you know, memorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A memorable dream I had involved B2s using tractor beams to pick up busses while bombing my nieghborhood
    Get your physics out of my D&D!

Proudly Chaotic

Optimism is delusion pessimism will save the world

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Attempted to repalce surge suppressor.

Spoiler
    Show

SEE THE PROBLEM?

The middle two plugs sockets don't properly fit the damn plugs, olike they're offset.

Oh, and to pour salt in the injury, Smugmug has apparently succumbed to the Stupid UI Change Symdrome, and apparently now doesn't want nto let me select a link from my gallery page LITERALLY THE ONLY FEATURE I WANT OUT OF AN IMAGE HOSTING SERVICE and but expects me to click on each picture in fricking SLIDESHOW MODE to get a share link, so I'm having to make a complaint while making a complaint at one o'clock in the fricking morning.

I am seriously going to make random UI changes an straight-up executable offense, because I have NEVER seen one that wasn't always worse, because it ALWAYS is solely because some idiot wants to try something more flashy instead of doing the basic fracking job.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-07-06 at 07:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

I've given up on UI not being stupid. I remember once trying to copy a picture from a website to sir a friend, which I couldn't do with right clicking but could by going into a slideshow format and downloading the picture.

I'm also annoyed when websites randomly remove words from buttons or vastly increase their size (sure, do that on your smartphone app, but I have a freaking mouse). Stylings seem to be moving towards smartphone app esque looks, and some of us don't have touchscreen laptops yet (or ever if I have my way, even the trackpad is more accurate). Usability just seems to be a forgotten idea these days (insert ranting about how I have to have my phone unlocked to use the WhatsApp desktop program).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I've given up on UI not being stupid. I remember once trying to copy a picture from a website to sir a friend, which I couldn't do with right clicking but could by going into a slideshow format and downloading the picture.
    This is the rare actual case of "it's not a bug, it's a feature". They want you to go into the sideshow.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #1253

Lizardfolk

Most of my dreams, which are rare, are generally me dying in a dramatically shakespearean fashion. Kinda odd.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, I did it. I finished making my team for my solo D&D 3.5 game.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

25. - Top - End - #1255

Lizardfolk

Oo! also, I finally got like.. an actual dnd session organised (In NZ so no lockdown) after months of not being able to (not just because lockdown). Hopefully it goes well.
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

My dreams are mostly on dragons every night.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    My dreams are mostly on dragons every night.
    Dragons are cool.
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    Dragons are cool.
    I know especially the Dragon Deities.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I know especially the Dragon Deities.
    Yep. Tiamat and Bahamut are great, recently been going through an eberron faze, and Khyber, eberron, and Syberis are cool too.
    One of my favourite PCs was a misguided lawful good kobold artificer who worshipped tiamat. They had collectible dragon cards too.
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

My dream was that Bahamut and Tiamat were having an argument then Lendys intervened to be the peacekeeper to calm down the argument. Fortunately, Lendy's intervention actually works and both Bahamut and Tiamat stop arguing.