New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Random Banter #227 and Free Cup of Tea

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    My dream was that Bahamut and Tiamat were having an argument then Lendys intervened to be the peacekeeper to calm down the argument. Fortunately, Lendy's intervention actually works and both Bahamut and Tiamat stop arguing.
    Oh wow. Imagine if the rivalry between chromatic and metallic dragons could be solved that easily.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    Oh wow. Imagine if the rivalry between chromatic and metallic dragons could be solved that easily.
    Yes. Well Lendys is Lawful Neutral. He the balance of the lawful dragon deities.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yes. Well Lendys is Lawful Neutral. He the balance of the lawful dragon deities.
    Hmmm... not so familiar with Lendys if I'm gonna be fully honest.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Here's information about Lendys: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Lendys

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

In fairness to to SmugMug, they have at least replied this morning and asked about what OS and browser I'm using, so that at least is not a flat "we changed it so it sucks now;" if it's a bug or something, then it's annoying, and an occupational hazard, but at least not a stupid decision. (Mind you, for the amount of money I pay for my Smumug account, I should hope their customer service ought to be spot on.) Still a possibility it is the former, but at least it's a possibility, not a certainty, and we'll see how this pans out...

Edit: they confoirmed it was a bug. That's fine, I don't mind so much if it's a bug; it's a nuisence, but at least I know they're working on it, and it's not a silly decision. Also, can't fault their customer service for being so prompt. Heck, not even everywhere will even give you an email to talk to people these days, just a phone or worse, automated chat of which my expereince has been unilaterally negative as completely useles.

Ahahaha. So, in the middle of trying to chase up the surge supressor, the wargames club phoned, it has to be closed down again, because apparently the liscensing people didn't udnerstand what wargames was, and then after that, as I was talking to the gentleman on the phone about replacing the surge suppressor, the computer shut down again (despite not having this problem for nearly two weeks, almsot certainly because I took the plugs out and had to mess around. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-07-07 at 05:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Though it was introduced by Asterix, thought, following the almost-completely successful Roman Invasion by Julius Caesar, circa 20 BC, when almost all of Gaul had been conquered.
    Shhh, it was supposed to be the magic potion :P

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asmotherion View Post
    Shhh, it was supposed to be the magic potion :P
    Don't worry, Asterix told the Brits. So no spoilers included.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a TF2 server I went on recently where someone kept claiming to be a fan of my Youtube videos.

I do not make Youtube videos.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Trip to PC World (not my first choice, but...) to obtain new surge sypressor quickly - wasn't ovely conviced by Nanny's one of indeterminate age upon which the "surge protected while light it lit" light was not, in fact, lit.

Now just another week or so of paranoid fear the computer willl shut off random at any moment before I'm convinced it was the old surgpe suppressor. Yay.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    There's a TF2 server I went on recently where someone kept claiming to be a fan of my Youtube videos.

I do not make Youtube videos.
    Ah, sleep streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Are vegan and vegetation the same thing?

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

No. Vegetarians can eat animal byproducts (like dairy, as a quick example), while vegans do not eat animal byproducts.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    No. Vegetarians can eat animal byproducts (like dairy, as a quick example), while vegans do not eat animal byproducts.
    Oh really? I didn't know that. I always thought that they're the same thing.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

If we're making excuses for me to repeat stuff I remember from posters at the doctor's office being specific: "Vegetarianism" isn't very precise. Ovo vegetarianism allows for eggs, lacto vegetarianism allows for dairy products, ovo-lacto vegetarianism allows for both.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Vegan is short for vegetarian, but they mean different things. It started out as a jab at vegetarians because vegans are "real vegetarians," but over time it got separated from its initial meaning.

Vegan means no animal byproducts or products, vegetarian allows for byproducts but not animals (with variations based on which byproducts are or aren't allowed.) There are also Pescatarians, who eat fish but not terrestrial meat.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Anyone know what happened to tvtropes? Website has been down for me since yesterday evening.

17. - Top - End - #1277

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    If we're making excuses for me to repeat stuff I remember from posters at the doctor's office being specific: "Vegetarianism" isn't very precise. Ovo vegetarianism allows for eggs, lacto vegetarianism allows for dairy products, ovo-lacto vegetarianism allows for both.
    Imean, barring lactose issues, it'd be kind of weird for an ovo vegetarian to have moral issues surrounding dairy (not too weird, because I'm pretty sure of know exactly what those issues would be... but kinda weird).

One of my best friends avoids eating pork if he can help it because of how smart pigs are, so I get that people can have a wide range of reasons, though.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Imean, barring lactose issues, it'd be kind of weird for an ovo vegetarian to have moral issues surrounding dairy (not too weird, because I'm pretty sure of know exactly what those issues would be... but kinda weird).

One of my best friends avoids eating pork if he can help it because of how smart pigs are, so I get that people can have a wide range of reasons, though.
    I mean, chickens are relatively dumb compared to cows so if intelligence is the issue... If you willingly eat fish, eating chicken or turkey isn't much of a stretch.

I eat very little mammal flesh now and don't drink milk, but my reasoning is based on trying to keep LDL levels low and fat overall in my diet low. So restrictions can come from any angle.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-07-07 at 11:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

Lactose intolerance (especially in its mild form) is extremely common, even Westerners who are the most likely to be lactose tolerant probably consume more dairy than is strictly healthy on average.

Also people may have philosophical/religious reason to abstain from dairy but not eggs.

Or they just like eggs that much.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Vegan means no animal byproducts or products, vegetarian allows for byproducts but not animals (with variations based on which byproducts are or aren't allowed.) There are also Pescatarians, who eat fish but not terrestrial meat.
    It's not guaranteed or necessarily involved in the word, but people identifying as vegans often also extend this beyond just their diets, and will try to live an animal-free lifestyle as much as possible - the most obvious example would be avoiding clothing with leather elements, but it includes things like trying to find cleaning products that don't include animal-derived elements, or avoiding certain alchoholic beverages because one of the processes commonly used to remove particulates from wines and beers can involve an animal byproduct.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    It's not guaranteed or necessarily involved in the word, but people identifying as vegans often also extend this beyond just their diets, and will try to live an animal-free lifestyle as much as possible - the most obvious example would be avoiding clothing with leather elements, but it includes things like trying to find cleaning products that don't include animal-derived elements, or avoiding certain alchoholic beverages because one of the processes commonly used to remove particulates from wines and beers can involve an animal byproduct.
    Yes. It's extremely admirable in my opinion, even if the underlying reason isn't something I agree with and it is proven to be unhealthy. That level of discipline is impressive.

He's not vegetarian. Just pork (and maybe a few other restrictions, I'm not sure. I know to never make pork when he comes over, though).
    I know lots of people who don't eat Octopus for that reason as well, it makes sense to me. Eating Dolphins seems tantamount to murder to me, for instance. I have relatives less intelligent then the smarter dolphins.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2020-07-07 at 12:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1282

I mean, chickens are relatively dumb compared to cows so if intelligence is the issue... If you willingly eat fish, eating chicken or turkey isn't much of a stretch.
    He's not vegetarian. Just pork (and maybe a few other restrictions, I'm not sure. I know to never make pork when he comes over, though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Lactose intolerance (especially in its mild form) is extremely common, even Westerners who are the most likely to be lactose tolerant probably consume more dairy than is strictly healthy on average.
    Good thing I covered that, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Also people may have philosophical/religious reason to abstain from dairy but not eggs.
    Good thing I covered that, then.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-07-07 at 12:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ....or avoiding certain alchoholic beverages because one of the processes commonly used to remove particulates from wines and beers can involve an animal byproduct.
    Isinglass is an interesting word.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not really any weirder then fish scales in lipstick and whale vomit in perfume though. Is it our fault that animals are made of useful lipids?

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Bit late, bit vegan is a type of dietary restriction where you refrain from eating both animal flesh and animal products (those tasty things that animals make, like incomplete chicken embryos, and bit products made from animals), while vegetation is the plants stuff.

Vag is something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Anyone know what happened to tvtropes? Website has been down for me since yesterday evening.
    Nope, but it's apparently down for everybody. At least my life is in a somewhat less ruined state at the moment.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    animal products (those tasty things that animals make, like incomplete chicken embryos.
    Eh, I'm normally not big on exact word usage, but here I'd really just say egg. Embryo implies fertilization, and they are (ideally) definitely not fertilized. So it's just an egg.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I'm normally not big on exact word usage, but here I'd really just say egg. Embryo implies fertilization, and they are (ideally) definitely not fertilized. So it's just an egg.
    Oh shush, I was intentionally being incorrect for comedic value.

Does anybody know when all six flavours of quark will be released? I've been told to try it as a butter replacement for toast.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-07-07 at 12:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Does anybody know when all six flavours of quark will be released?
    I am forced to assume this sentence makes sense in England.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Not really any weirder then fish scales in lipstick and whale vomit in perfume though.
    The whole point of isinglass is to filter out stuff so it doesn't end up in the drink container. So "isinglass" is almost the opposite of "is in glass".

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Me, I have a moral objection to eating vegetables and fungi, except for cerial (which you can ALSO only pry away from my cold, actually-dead hand), baked beans, occasionally potatos and if one is treating them as such, tomatoes, but only in the form of tomato sauce or specifcally Heinz tomato soup.

I, of course, absolutely eat meat; in fact you might argue I have a moral objection to NOT eating meat.

Hypothetical Vegan Extremeist: "But Bleakbane, meat is murd-yeah, and I just realised I'm trying to argue morality with an Undead abomination that doesn't care about the sanctity of human life at the best of times and I'm wasting my breath with regard to convincing you about not killing non-sapient creatures you're going to eat, aren't I?

And I just realised, you would totally eat human too, wouldn't you?"

*doing that thing cartoon chefs do scraping the cooking knives together*

You say like it was a hypothetical.

Hypothetical Vegan Extremeist: In retrospect, this was a poor decision on my part.