New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Random Banter #227 and Free Cup of Tea

So I started my job search today... I went out wearing my mask as ya do, and I even got a chance to speak to a manager. He asked me to take my mask off so he could see my face. I did it, and he said, "I like it."

Thanks, I guess? I don't have a good sense for this kind of thing thanks to my abnormal brain, but was this weird?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    No no, you have to fling a folder onto the table so that your evidence spills out in a perfect fan.
    That only works if you have a folder and a table. Very situational. Conversely, one can almost always find a heavy object.
    Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Thesis completed and submitted, by the way. Thanks for all the well-wishes.
    Good luck on the back end as well! Also, I choose to believe I am cited in the thesis somewhere. At least for a very bad joke to spice it up somewhere in the middle.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    So I started my job search today... I went out wearing my mask as ya do, and I even got a chance to speak to a manager. He asked me to take my mask off so he could see my face. I did it, and he said, "I like it."

Thanks, I guess? I don't have a good sense for this kind of thing thanks to my abnormal brain, but was this weird?
    ...yeah, probably. I mean, I guess if you're applying for a customer-presenting job it might technically make a difference in weight if all other things are equal, but...

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Not only that, but the Law aspects were ALSO frequently Evil as well. It was basically pointless in the main.
    That's what made it interesting in principle, and completely counterproductive in practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by el minster View Post
    I don't think Peelee deserves that, he's a good guy and a good mod.
    Well at least we have a positive ID on one of Peelee's sockpuppets now.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Well at least we have a positive ID on one of Peelee's sockpuppets now.
    Doubtful. I don't think Peelee is smart enough for that.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

It was very wierd and you should be careful around him.
    Get your physics out of my D&D!

Proudly Chaotic

Optimism is delusion pessimism will save the world

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, very. A: your looks shouldn't matter, B: in the current situation you shouldn't be unmasked around strangers (really, around anyone who you're not living closely enough with for contamination to be inevitable), and C: he shouldn't have asked you. So, some combination of "skeevy in a sexual-harassment-warning-signs way" and "checking whether you're willing to risk your own health and safety for the job on nothing more than the boss' whim".
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #158

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Yes, very. A: your looks shouldn't matter, B: in the current situation you shouldn't be unmasked around strangers (really, around anyone who you're not living closely enough with for contamination to be inevitable), and C: he shouldn't have asked you. So, some combination of "skeevy in a sexual-harassment-warning-signs way" and "checking whether you're willing to risk your own health and safety for the job on nothing more than the boss' whim".
    Definitely, this guy is worth watching out for.

Proudly Chaotic

9. - Top - End - #159

Hmm...

As the king of all things weird and abnormal, I hearby dub this encounter as Red Alert! Red Alert! Man the "getting-the-hell-out-of-dodge" Battle Stations.

...In all seriousness though, that seems pretty weird, and not in the awkward, off-putting way that gents like me tend to project, but in a creepy, potentially dangerous way.

The first type of weird is great fun, as long as you're fine with having no friends. The latter is... less fun.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Whelp. Progres on the whittling out of the PrCs for 3.Aotrs is quite considerably, and the majority of the ones on my short-list went. I was quite ruthless; most were "this just doesn't give you anything," "several classes do this now" with a few that I rolled into archtypes.

(Invisible Blade gave me the most bother, simply because one of my players DID use it before, but after a lot of messing around, I made it into a Ninja archtype (as the character that used it was Rogue/Ninja/Inivisble Blade/Swordsage) so if he was ever to be done again, his class set would change a bit. (There would be a bit of a nerf at low level, with PF's Vanishing Trick replacing 3.5's Ghost Step (so no more Greater Invis at level 2), but conversely, his Sudden Strike would be the much better Sneak Attack, meaning that it wasn't NECESSARY for Ghost Step to enable his main class feature to work...) So fundementally, he'd be the same as he finished at level 17, just some shuffling around at low levels, which is what I aim for, trying to minimise the amount of Character Changes That' Are Not Just A Straight Upgrade for existing characters.)

Mostly just left all the hybrid classes, which is where I think PrC are particularly useful.

11. - Top - End - #161

That seems like an excellent question for the company's HR department, if you know what I mean.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    ...yeah, probably. I mean, I guess if you're applying for a customer-presenting job it might technically make a difference in weight if all other things are equal, but...
    It was very wierd and you should be careful around him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    Hmm...

As the king of all things weird and abnormal, I hearby dub this encounter as Red Alert! Red Alert! Man the "getting-the-hell-out-of-dodge" Battle Stations.

...In all seriousness though, that seems pretty weird, and not in the awkward, off-putting way that gents like me tend to project, but in a creepy, potentially dangerous way.

The first type of weird is great fun, as long as you're fine with having no friends. The latter is... less fun.
    I was thinking it was odd and a little creepy, but I had my doubts. My brain is made of Silly Putty so I always wonder about what it's telling me. It's a wonder it works at all. It's lucky that the rest of you have a better sense of this kind of thing than I do.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Had a mole that split and made a sharp right angle autopsied today. Took a surprisingly large bit of thigh, it is spooky to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

14. - Top - End - #164

GreenSorcererElf

eek Re: Anonymouswizard's Random Banter #227 and Free Cup of Tea

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Had a mole that split and made a sharp right angle autopsied today. Took a surprisingly large bit of thigh, it is spooky to look at.
    Will t grow back?

Proudly Chaotic

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, I passed the Alignment Test to be Chaotic Neutral finally.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-05-21 at 01:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

My guess would be that he is one of those "I just need to look at someone's face and I can immediately tell if they are a good worker." people.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

17. - Top - End - #167

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    There's a test, sign me up.

Proudly Chaotic

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    My guess would be that he is one of those "I just need to look at someone's face and I can immediately tell if they are a good worker." people.
    Yeah, either this or making sure Fury won't scare away customers in a customer facing role make the most sense. It's definitely still a red flag if he was within two metres, and still something to keep in mind otherwise, but it's definitely not a 'run for the hills' thing yet.

So I've decided to start doing pushups and weights on my off days to help my eight go down during plague times. I'd like to run, but I can't get new trainers and they'd not really anywhere around here I could be sure if staying to metres away from others. If only I had a treadmill or spinner.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I'm also on the page of not thinking its a red flag (or if it is, it's a pretty minor one). Lot's of people find it weird not knowing what someone looks like - he may have just wanted to build rapport.

I wouldn't worry. If there's something wrong with him, you'll get much clearer signs than him wanting to see your face.

20. - Top - End - #170

"Finally"?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Frack my tin hat, Mr Baggins, that was a job an' a half more than it needed to be.

Just goin' to Nanny's to do the usual (water the plants mostly) and check the post; since she's in care now, the bare essentials need to be ticking over in the unlikely event she comes out, but in the meantime, it means cancelling All The Things that aren't absolute necessary (like Damart or paying £14 a month for fridge/freezer insurance...) Six sets of phone calls; one to actual useful house insurance to expand the policy to cover the fact the house is now going to be unoccupied for more than 60 days and five cancellations, of which the best was waiting on hold for an hour for insurance only to be told we needed to send them proof of power of attorney to do anything. (Which, after I brought it back for Dad to look over, he decided that we'd no do anything with it at the moment.) Got the other stuff done relatively easily, but it must have been the majority of two hours on the phone between one thing or another.

And of COURSE, that hour waiting now means I have to go add a paragraph on scaling cantrips to the spells document RIGHT AT THE START, because of course I do. I TOLD you I'd have to redo the pagination at least once, didn't I?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Will t grow back?
    No but it will scar up. Since I have to get some very large chunks of skin taken off this year it is more like practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

There's a test, sign me up.
    easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

"Finally"?
    Yes, it took me many tries in the past which I got Lawful Good and Neutral Good. So I got the right question which the results are Chaotic Neutral.

24. - Top - End - #174

easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

Yes, it took me many tries in the past which I got Lawful Good and Neutral Good. So I got the right question which the results are Chaotic Neutral.
    ...So you're saying you're Lawful or Neutral Good?
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    ...So you're saying you're Lawful or Neutral Good?
    Well yes, that what the test said but I don't act anything like the two alignments as you mentioned.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-05-21 at 12:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Well yes that what the test said.
    I'm just saying, changing what answers you would normally give to questions in order to align better with societies idea of morality honestly sounds more like a lawful action than a chaotic one, but that's just my opinion.
    Columnated ruins domino

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer;24521609,
    So it sounds like if you think the test is accurate, the results you would get with honest answers is not Chaotic Neutral.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

So it sounds like if you think the test is accurate, the results you would get with honest answers is not Chaotic Neutral.
    It definitely sounds like it, yes.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Yeah? My mom bakes them every Christmas. Last time we used bourbon-flavored maple syrup instead of corn syrup like the recipe calls for. They were pretty awesome.