New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Anonymouswizard's Random Banter #227 and Free Cup of Tea

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I've communicated with her on live stream and I expressed my feeling to her. And she feels flattering. I even subscribed her Youtube channel.
    Sounds like the live-stream version of a form letter.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    You’ve made a love confession on a live stream? As in, in front of who-knows-how-many people?
    I mean, I haven't gone past a like confession with this girl I'm (dating?). And that was private! I couldn't imagine doing the same on a livestream in front of people who've never met me.

Also, Bartmanhomer, you know that thing I said about not being the creepy fan? I'm going to let you in on a secret: many people in such a situation will feign feeling flattered so as to a) not offend the person they've never met and b) not to appear like a jerk in front of people. Reason b is why you generally shouldn't ask somebody out or propose in front of people, so they don't feel pressured into giving the 'correct' answer (yes, people do still do such things, although from what I've heard a lot of public proposals are for show after an initial yes when asked in private).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Sounds like the live-stream version of a form letter.
    Yes but as I said before maybe the crush Is just a phrase.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Yes about by 30 people in the live stream.
    That’s not a good thing to do at all, Bartman. You shouldn’t ask people you know out in public, you shouldn’t ask people you don’t know out and you certainly shouldn’t ask people you don’t know out in public. Picture yourself in her shoes: some person you’ve never met tells you they love you in front of dozens of strangers. How embarrassing is that?

Edit: also you are thinking of a phase. A phrase is an ensemble of words.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-05-22 at 02:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That’s not a good thing to do at all, Bartman. You shouldn’t ask people you know out in public, you shouldn’t ask people you don’t know out and you certainly shouldn’t ask people you don’t know out in public. Picture yourself in her shoes: some person you’ve never met tells you they love you in front of dozens of strangers. How embarrassing is that?

Edit: also you are thinking of a phase. A phrase is an ensemble of words.
    Well everyone else notices the signals that I received plus she wasn't really embarrassed at all about my love confessional. So it turns out very well.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Well everyone else notices the signals that I received plus she wasn't really embarrassed at all about my love confessional. So it turns out very well.
    On a completely unrelated note, anybody else think that acting is a good skill for those doing livestreams?

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, anybody else thinks that acting is a good skill for those doing live streams?
    Yes. What a great skill to have on the live stream. YouTubers do it all the time.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

You told her that publicly while she was doing what is her job. She couldn't very well react negatively.

What you've down is pretty bad form, man.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You told her that publicly while she was doing what is her job. She couldn't very well react negatively.

What you've down is pretty bad form, man.
    How? In what way exactly? If she was upset then she could have at least told me about it.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

How? In what way exactly? If she was upset then she could have at least told me about it.
    At riskof repeating myself...

Also, Bartmanhomer, you know that thing I said about not being the creepy fan? I'm going to let you in on a secret: many people in such a situation will feign feeling flattered so as to a) not offend the person they've never met and b) not to appear like a jerk in front of people. Reason b is why you generally shouldn't ask somebody out or propose in front of people, so they don't feel pressured into giving the 'correct' answer (yes, people do still do such things, although from what I've heard a lot of public proposals are for show after an initial yes when asked in private).
    'Human reactions make little logical sense' is a pretty common viewpoint, and one I personally hold.

Oh, while we're on this subject.

On a completely unrelated note, anybody else think that acting is a good skill for those doing livestreams?
    Yeah, the fact that this was the only thing in a post that quoted yours is a hint that what I'm saying is actually very much related, and to make you think about why I'm bringing it up. In fact the first phrase is sarcastic, ad I'm not the only person I know who uses it as such (a legitimately unrelated topic would be introduced with 'on an unrelated note').

On a legitimately unrelated note, am I the only one who legitimately prefers to play games on handheld consoles? I've just bought another one, and honestly wasn't actually interested in the Swiitch before the Lite.

Show

11. - Top - End - #221

She's in the middle of streaming, a job in which you basically have to keep up a happy, friendly personality because it's about fan interaction. A fan suddenly going "I'm in love with you!" or the equivilent, especially given she's a small name, means if she reacts negatively it might push what viewers she has away.

It's like the people working in retail. 90% of the time the person working behind the counter or in the halls of your local grocery store would have preferred if you never talked to them, and are putting on a friendly face as part of the job.

Additionally, this is just some rando online that you watch the videos of. You do not know who she is as a person. You've seen her only as an entertainer. What you're feeling is a phase of attraction due to liking her content.

@Anonwizard: Yeah I totally get that. Handheld stuff is just way more convenient since you can lay down while playing it. Super enjoyable.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-22 at 02:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    She's in the middle of streaming, a job in which you basically have to keep up a happy, friendly personality because it's about fan interaction. A fan suddenly going "I'm in love with you!" or the equivalent, especially given she's a small name, means if she reacts negatively it might push what viewers she has away.

It's like the people working in retail. 90% of the time the person working behind the counter or in the halls of your local grocery store would have preferred if you never talked to them, and are putting on a friendly face as part of the job.

Additionally, this is just some random online that you watch the videos of. You do not know who she is as a person. You've seen her only as an entertainer. What you're feeling is a phase of attraction due to liking her content.

@Anonwizard: Yeah I totally get that. Handheld stuff is just way more convenient since you can lay down while playing it. Super enjoyable.
    Ok, you do make some great points. But as I mentioned earlier she was just only the moderator of someone live stream.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-05-22 at 02:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Ok, you do make some great points. But as I mentioned earlier she was just only the moderator of someone live stream.
    Okay so I missed that, and... I don't think that changes anything at all? I may have missed some of the details because I'm tired but just randomly telling people you barely know you're in love with them is kinda messy at best.

Hell, I said to to a friend I care a lot about with the full intent of "this is a familial love", and it caused things to be awkward for a bit. You can't just say words frivolously, you need to make SURE.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Bartmanhomer, you're (probably) being more socially inept than me, and almost as much so as I once was. Seriously...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Bartmanhomer, you're (probably) being more socially inept than me, and almost as much so as I once was. Seriously...
    Well everybody who knows me very well that I have Autism and ADHD. Maybe I'm socially inept in romantic situations.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-05-22 at 03:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Zodi's right; it's not cool.

It is, fundementally, the same thing as doing an panto (or some oter live stage) and having someone wolf-whistle at you or shout it at you (NOT that I have ever personally experienced either, I hasten to add...!) Or dealing with hecklers. You kind of have to shrug it off - show must go on and all that. (To be able to not do that AND keep the rest of the audience engaged and happy is VERY difficult.)

(And this is why, ladies and gentlemen one reason (of many) Bleakbane Doesn't Stream, 'cos it's actually NOT that easy.

Okay, I probably COULD do it, at a push, with a moderate degree of competance, to be fair, I do have communication skills, between Panto, DMing and fronting all the wargames stuff I've done, but it's not something I would want to try an do on the regular or as a profession. But like, if in an INSANELY weird world where the Unexpectables or some vaunted persons invited me AND I actually had any appropriate equipment, I could probably manage adequately without making too much of a complete fool of myself (in a way that was not Part Of The Joke.))

Just-before-post-edit: It being a moderator isn't really any better.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Everything Zodi said probably still applies. I'm sure any mod here will tell you that moderating is not an easy job, and it's likely even harder on a livestream when chat updates move fast and you have to perform damage control now.

I'm honestly shocked that you didn't get kicked from the chat. If I ran an entertainment business (as streamers effectively do) I'd not be very happy if customers were hitting on or flirting with my staff, especially my support staff (maybe not to an instant eternal ban level, but certainly to a 'would sir mind stepping out for five minutes to clear his head). Maybe I', unusually hardline on it, but I view it as somewhat abusive.

I mean, I personally hate it when people who don't know me do what you do (and I occasionally get it in person* a couple of times a week at work, because self-deprecation aside I'm pretty even with all this excess weight). It feels like people don't want to get to know you in person before making judgements. Although 'I think you're attractive and want to get to know you better' is very different, and you can tell which it is.

* very rarely seriously, but you can't tell in the moment.

Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Well everybody who knows me very well that I have Autism and ADHD. Maybe I'm socially inept in romantic situations.
    Yes. Maybe stop trying to make them?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Everything Zodi said probably still applies. I'm sure any mod here will tell you that moderating is not an easy job, and it's likely even harder on a livestream when chat updates move fast and you have to perform damage control now.

I'm honestly shocked that you didn't get kicked from the chat. If I ran an entertainment business (as streamers effectively do) I'd not be very happy if customers were hitting on or flirting with my staff, especially my support staff (maybe not to an instant eternal ban level, but certainly to a 'would sir mind stepping out for five minutes to clear his head). Maybe I', unusually hardline on it, but I view it as somewhat abusive.

I mean, I personally hate it when people who don't know me do what you do (and I occasionally get it in person* a couple of times a week at work, because self-deprecation aside I'm pretty even with all this excess weight). It feels like people don't want to get to know you in person before making judgements. Although 'I think you're attractive and want to get to know you better' is very different, and you can tell which it is.

* very rarely seriously, but you can't tell in the moment.
    Well I didn't get kicked out of the chat because everybody know me very well. And I didn't realize if that much of a bad deal I said what I said to her. She was ok with it. There was no drama at all from what transpired here.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

Honestly, that might make it even worse. I've never been a mod, but I have seen examples online of mods,(especially female mods) getting harassed because they made decisions the community doesn't like.

Some online communities would absolutely harass a woman who tried to stop a situation like this, call them fragile, say that they couldn't take a compliment, ect, ect.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    Honestly, that might make it even worse. I've never been a mod, but I have seen examples online of mods,(especially female mods) getting harassed because they made decisions the community doesn't like.

Some online communities would absolutely harass a woman who tried to stop a situation like this, call them fragile, say that they couldn't take a compliment, etc, etc.
    Wow. I better be careful in the future.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

I have autism (and dyspraxia), but that doesn't mean I can't learn. Sure, social situations are hard to read, and I'm very lucky to have found somebody willing ti forgive awkwardness and pretty major mistakes to give me a chance. But I basically had to dspend five years at university learning to behave normally and I still need a lot of advice on getting past my 'does this feel weird stage'.

In short, you done ****ed up. And the problem is not that you done ****ed up, even any damage you caused can likely be fixed. /the problem is that instead of admitting it and learning from the mistake you've made continual justifications, none of which actually justify the act.

You have potentially hurt somebody who decided to grin and bare it, and your logic is 'she didn't look hurt'. Long story short, people act. People act all the time.

Show

23. - Top - End - #233

Wow. I better be careful in the future.
    Let me just give an example that could maybe help you understand a bit better.

Secretaries.

Anyone whose seen Mad Men probably knows about what I'm talking about here. Back in the old days, while secretaries filled a very useful role in making offices run, they had a secondary use as eye-candy for the men above them. Offices in those days,(and for... some time after) were filled with bosses sexually harassing the women within them.

And despite the fact that these women were being harassed, very few of them complained. Why? Because no one would care. In fact, complaining would actually probably hurt them, because women with that sort of reputation would have a harder time getting promoted, or hired.

The two situations are not identical, but just keep in mine that in a professional, or semi-professional setting, people don't always have very much autonomy.
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I have autism (and dyspraxia), but that doesn't mean I can't learn. Sure, social situations are hard to read, and I'm very lucky to have found somebody willing ti forgive awkwardness and pretty major mistakes to give me a chance. But I basically had to dspend five years at university learning to behave normally and I still need a lot of advice on getting past my 'does this feel weird stage'.

In short, you done ****ed up. And the problem is not that you done ****ed up, even any damage you caused can likely be fixed. /the problem is that instead of admitting it and learning from the mistake you've made continual justifications, none of which actually justify the act.

You have potentially hurt somebody who decided to grin and bear it, and your logic is 'she didn't look hurt'. Long story short, people act. People act all the time.
    Look nothing bad happen at all stuff that transpired and I didn't harm her to make her feel uncomfortable. If she said she was comfortable hearing to said I love her, then she was very comfortable hearing me say it. I wasn't pressuring her at all. So I really don't see the big deal was at this point. Because it's pretty much very moot at this point.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-05-22 at 04:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Look nothing bad happen at all stuff that transpired and I didn't harm her to make her feel uncomfortable. If she said she was comfortable hearing to said I love her, then she was very comfortable hearing me say it. I wasn't pressuring her at all. So I really don't see the big deal was at this point. Because it's pretty much very moot at this point.
    Because that secretary definitely wants to sleep with their boss, or so I heard.

We've explained, several times, why it's likely not the case. I guess it's up to you if you liste, me I'm going to talk to somebody who's agreed to a second date with me. Why?

Because I enjoy talking to her and come away feeling happy.

Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to talk to somebody who's agreed to a second date with me. Why?

HEYYY! Congratulations, my dude!
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

me I'm going to talk to somebody who's agreed to a second date with me. Why?

Noice! I hope it works out for the two of you.

28. - Top - End - #238

Because that secretary definitely wants to sleep with their boss, or so I heard.

We've explained, several times, why it's likely not the case. I guess it's up to you if you liste, me I'm going to talk to somebody who's agreed to a second date with me. Why?

D'awwwww. Your success warms my cold, frozen heart.
    Columnated ruins domino

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Maybe I should seek better romantic advice elsewhere.

30. - Top - End - #240

Maybe I should seek better romantic advice elsewhere.
    Well, sure, if you want to learn how to successfully seduce someone you should absolutely go elsewhere, but I sort of feel like we've all given you advice likely as good as you will find.
    Columnated ruins domino