Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M] G.E.A.R.S. (Closed to New Interest)

1) Definitely more on the modern side of things. Actions should have real consequences, and deaths can happen.

2) I love a good mystery

3) Shades of grey all the way. But I do still want the good guys to be the good guys in the end.

Spoiler: Connie's Thoughts About Her Team
    Show

Maya Delacruz

Maya is the type of hero I wish I could have been before I joined G.E.A.R.S. She didnít need someone to point her in the right direction like I did. She went straight into the hero business as soon as she got her powers. All I did was get used by a small time gang as a weapon. I wish I had the kind of courage she had. Honestly, I always feel a little flustered around her. She can talk circles around me, and I canít always tell when sheís being serious or just running me around. I admit, Iím not the sharpest member of the team, but I think Maya really is.

Marcus Wade

Is it mean to say I donít really like Marcus? Donít misunderstand me, I donít hate the guy at all, and he really seems nice enough, but thereís something about him that just doesnít sit well with me. Maybe itís because he kind of reminds me of those jock types who peak in high school and never really grow out of it? He kind of comes across as arrogant and reckless. Maybe I just donít know him well enough yet. I donít think Iíve talked to him for more than a couple minutes at a time, so I could just be jumping to conclusions.

Gennifer Lee

I am so jealous of Gennifer, but I also really respect her. It must have been amazing to grow up around these heroes her whole life, and to have so much love and support to go after her dream. I can only imagine what it must have been like. She can be a little intense sometimes, and I think she really takes her hero duties seriously. I hope I can manage to be even half as dedicated as she is. Itís a little intimidating to work with someone who has been striving for this life since she was a kid. I hope she will come to respect me as a fellow hero, and I really hope I donít let her down.

Karloff Rasch

So...Iím not gonna lie. Karloff kinda freaks me out. He has this whole, old timey dark stranger vibe to him that is just...off putting. Plus I heard heís really old. I donít have a problem with that, but it is seriously painful sometimes to watch him try and use a computer or smart phone. Iím never really sure how to act around him. Like, should I call him sir? I feel like I should act all proper and polite, and I have to avoid referencing stuff that he might not understand. I guess heís cool, in a weird way, but I canít see hanging out with him or anything.

Septina

Septina is the only real alien Iíve ever met! I mean, I know there are others living on Earth and everything, but Iíve never actually met one before her, and sheís a bee girl! Itís so cool, and a little scary too, but mostly cool. When I first heard about her I was a little freaked out because Iím a little scared of bees, and sheís totally a bee, but also a girl and an alien and itís just...wow! Also sheís got really cool wings and these neat mind powers and stuff. Iím not really sure how old she is, but I hope we can be friends!
    But this is an adventure!! I demand financial reward for acts of homicide!!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

1) Modern age. Not full grimdark, but there should be a degree of accountability for our actions. Deaths are a real possibility, and not necessarily world-shattering, but they aren't just another Tuesday either.

2) I like investigations and social interaction, which I think goes well with both my character and the PBP medium. Fights should have a purpose, and not be the main focus of the game. That said, it is a superhero setting, so I do still expect some opportunities to beat up bad guys.

3) A little ambiguity, but it's not just a power-struggle between morally-equivalent factions. Heroes are flawed people, that still TRY to do the right thing, even when it isn't clear what that looks like. Sometimes they make mistakes, and some of them are more selfish than others. Villains do bad things, but most of them have understandable motives, or some other redeeming qualities. They aren't all equal either. Someone who robs banks out of greed might draw the line at murder, whereas that probably wouldn't bother a hitman.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Gifts View Post
    Well, I go by Annatar on one or two other places.
    You're going to have one hell of a time proposing.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_GrinningMan View Post
    Alright, here are my final choices. Sadly there were a couple incomplete submissions I would have liked to have in the game, but I can't, in all fairness, choose players who didn't complete their submissions while ignoring those who did.

• Maya Delacruz AKA Sparrow Ė Lord of Gifts
    • Marcus Wade AKA Sol Invictus - Rhyvurg
    • Connie Cross AKA Photon Ė Glitchy
    • Gennifer Lee AKA Warpdrive Ė Inspector Valin
    • Karloff Rasch AKA Ink Ė Anti-Eagle
    • Septina AKA ?Bee Girl? - Lord Raziere

Now just a couple quick questions for my players.

1) How "realistic" would you prefer this game to be? Would you prefer something similar to modern comics where all actions have consequences and people can die? Or something more silver age where the bad guys always get knocked out and captured and death is a rare and major, continuity changing event?

2) Would you prefer more investigation, mystery and unraveling the "big plan" style stories or more "Bam!" "Kapow!" beat up the obvious bad guys?

3) Would you prefer a world of black and white where the good guys are clean and fighting for whats right and the bad guys are evil, or more shades of grey where right and wrong are not always clear?
    Awesome.

1) Modern comics, but if people are concerned with this I'm fine with otherwise.

2) Investigation and mystery.

3) Shades of Grey.
    Ascendancy [Mythopoeia, Only Ruins, 1900, the Far West (MythWeavers, Rules, and Setting), and Discord]
    Characters [Eight-Blades, Rhodes, Broken Thorn]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Regarding names, Marcus is in an odd position there. The power the fae tapped into in order to empower his ancestors was narrative power, the ideal of mythic, heroic stories, and as a result he lives with a compulsion to follow the ideals of those tropes, he doesn't have full autonomy. He's not controlled, but he is influenced. Giving into that influence here and there makes it easier to go against it at other times, and using the Latin version of "unconquered sun" as his public name helps with that, it satisfies the urges of the mythos enough that it gives him more free will. Over time he'll adapt to the demands of his powers more, but at first it's something he'll struggle with.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Added Connie's thoughts about the team to her sheet. Obviously it's all first impressions and quick conclusions on her part assuming the group has at least met once or twice.

I can change any of it if anyone is upset with what I wrote. It's just meant as a fun little insight into how Connie thinks.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchy View Post
    Added Connie's thoughts about the team to her sheet. Obviously it's all first impressions and quick conclusions on her part assuming the group has at least met once or twice.

I can change any of it if anyone is upset with what I wrote. It's just meant as a fun little insight into how Connie thinks.
    *looks at Connies thoughts*
    how old Septina truly is depends on when the first space-capable radiowave transmission from Earth was sent out in the GEARS timeline, because there is the whole lightyear distance thing to keep in mind, and thus however long ago that was, would be that time minus however much lightyear distance away her planet is, and thus how long it took for the hivemind to figure out both how to make Septina AND figure out FTL travel.....when the Hexagon hivemind actually lags behind humanity technologically in many areas, since the way it evolved made many things unnecessary or unthought of. Septina would essentially be the result of decades of the hivemind research and engineering while the hivemind somehow learned the concept of language from those transmissions which is new to itself.

she would be alive and an individual for a very short time compared to the amount of preparation that went into creating her and getting her on Earth which took up all the Hexagon Hivemind's time after getting such radiowave transmissions. at the same time, being a mind cut off from the hivemind, she fuzzily remembers all the stuff that went into making her and more vaguely remembers her species entire history since it was just one mind in many bodies growing itself through the ages, but not entirely since that requires more heads than she has and access to the hivemind once more.

like physically she is an adult, she is most definitely younger than that in strict chronological age, mentally its a bit muddier since she is an alien for the above reasons.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    *looks at Connies thoughts*
    how old Septina truly is depends on when the first space-capable radiowave transmission from Earth was sent out in the GEARS timeline, because there is the whole lightyear distance thing to keep in mind, and thus however long ago that was, would be that time minus however much lightyear distance away her planet is, and thus how long it took for the hivemind to figure out both how to make Septina AND figure out FTL travel.....when the Hexagon hivemind actually lags behind humanity technologically in many areas, since the way it evolved made many things unnecessary or unthought of. Septina would essentially be the result of decades of the hivemind research and engineering while the hivemind somehow learned the concept of language from those transmissions which is new to itself.

she would be alive and an individual for a very short time compared to the amount of preparation that went into creating her and getting her on Earth which took up all the Hexagon Hivemind's time after getting such radiowave transmissions. at the same time, being a mind cut off from the hivemind, she fuzzily remembers all the stuff that went into making her and more vaguely remembers her species entire history since it was just one mind in many bodies growing itself through the ages, but not entirely since that requires more heads than she has and access to the hivemind once more.

like physically she is an adult, she is most definitely younger than that in strict chronological age, mentally its a bit muddier since she is an alien for the above reasons.
    O..kay...

It doesn't really matter. Connie just wants to be friends with her. She doesn't actually care how old she is. Connie is just eighteen and likely the youngest member of the team, and worries that older members wont want to hang out with her.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC thread up here

Post your character sheets there
    Last edited by The_GrinningMan; 2020-06-01 at 01:56 AM.